>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/766487#paper
mtggoldfish.com/deck/791013#paper
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/reconstructed/no-rares-all-modern-combo-2015-10-19
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-abzan-company-22872#paper
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wubrg-41977#paper
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wubg-40961#paper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ban lightning bolt

Unban Jace

Post your best jank

Is grishoalbrand tier 1 viable/competitive?

It's alright, it's a glass cannon deck that can fold to hate and sometimes just fizzles/draws clunky hands but it's also capable of extremely fast wins out of nowhere. The deck also has some really cool lines of play because of the deckbuilding restriction with arcanes.

grim lavamancer in burn
y/n?

fetchland/land count and meta?

how often do they ban in modern?

whats the chance theyll ban archive trap

mtggoldfish.com/deck/766487#paper

What do you guys think of this meme? Thinking of adding Shrapnel Blast for reach

Archive Trap will never be banned.... Ever. It's only a good card in one tier 3 deck.

Mill isn't even tier 3 though, it's a meme deck at this point.

>tier 1
No.
>viable
In the right meta. That it can just win on Turn 2 is pretty strong, but it can also do literally nothing and just lose.
The last time they banned something was in January, and near 0%.

Can someone post that flowchart for what deck you should play?

This one?

thanks user

it's a competitive deck. i find that its positioning is inversely related to the number of thoughtseizes in the room.
there's a slight consensus among grishoal players that unless entomb or ponder or something stupid enters the modern cardpool, the deck isn't strong enough to break into tier 1, and if it gets close, it will easily be hated out.

i sorta have time to update this.
any anons have suggested changes?
i think i need to add counters company and blue steel, maybe hollow one/vengevine decks. The "pick your opponent's confusion level" section will probably be overhauled. also, i think putting a date on it makes more sense than a version number?

pic related maindeckable in agressive tempo

10 fetches
Meta is mostly tron, gds, coco decks and scapeshift
Yeah it's probably not a good idea but I like the card

just need an entire section dedicated to deaths shadow variants

It would branch off from "Money is no object, only winning"

mtggoldfish demented list of the day

So basically devoted druid + vizier + ballista. Got it.

Posting this again for tips or tech anyone has.
mtggoldfish.com/deck/791013#paper
Eggs, trying to keep it budget so no Mox, no Ironworks.

coming next, deaths shadow soul sisters

i was just excited because i feel like modern hasn't seen a combo deck with this level of dig and tutors in a while.

>turbo druid combo
>with fucking Weird Harvest and Hall of the Bandit Lord
Neat

Just needs Rain of Gore.

I really like this list.
Some things are a bit suspect. 4 pact of negation will lead to some wonky hands, singleton manamorphose for delirium (and to pay for pact) seems sweet, would rather 2 pact 2 manamorph though. the singleton deadshot doesn't really excite me either since streetwraith fills that roll, i get that it's there as some extra delirium fuel, and potentially a way to pact for said delirium fuel, but that Wild Cantor has me wildin (virtually free manawise when using to gain delirium with pact, can ramp. spending 1mana to cycle or 1mana to play cantor, i feel like i'd rather play cantor and get back 1 mana instead of 1 card. could be wrong tho)

>Playing?
Guess.
>Hating?
That I can't play tonight.
>Meta?
Overall or local?
>Building?
A commander deck. Why would I want to play anything other than Affinity in Modern?
>snappy edition
You can keep your ambush viper.

I asked in the last thread if I should buy a few starter decks and make my own from that, and got an answer, but now what I want to know is, can I build a deck with nothing but commons/uncommons and win games at all?

Well they need pact to protect the combo, because it's literally all the deck does. Frankly they shouldn't even be paying for the pact, just using it when they're going off.

You can win a nonzero number of games with nothing but commons/uncommons, sure.

I mean this looks like fun: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/reconstructed/no-rares-all-modern-combo-2015-10-19 just ignore the scalding tarns and steam vents in the first list.

the counters company deck is essentially the old melira deck, though you can also go pure g/w turboviz without viscera seer. abzan company, with vizier in place of melira/ana, and druid in place of rando shit like wall of roots (duskwatch/rhonas/ballista instead of redcap/spikethune etc)

you can also jam it in bant knightfall cocoshit, or probably the sickest one, the 1 vizer 4 druid ezuri elves

Counts company tends to go more all in on the combo than the old abzan lists did, which were more like fair creature decks that happened to have combos in them.

>Counts
Counter

>Counts Company
>One. One counter on Walking Ballista! Ah, ah, ah!
>Two. Two counters on Walking Ballista! Ah, ah, ah!

>Zero. Zero life is what you're at! Ah, ah, ah!

paying for the pact is a meme I agree, but I still think 4 pact is too much and 1 manamorphose is too little. decks like this love the free cycling stuff, the deck becomes very dense when you run (kinda) 50 card mainboard, and an instant for traverse could be cool.

idk maybe not, but 4 pact of negation in a deck with 4 wraith 4 bauble... if you ever keep a hand with just one, drawing into the second might feel bad

You will basically never win unless you build a specific deck by buying single cards off card buying sites like tcgplayer, scg or cardkingdom. You will never get the correct cards and in the amounts you need (you often need 4x of several different cards) by opening packs.

I think he's gotta be trolling, because he's asked this more than once now and he doesn't just ask about budget decks.

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-abzan-company-22872#paper
Sort of, but it's basically the same deck.

People swapped 2 Ana 2 Melira for 4 Vizier, and swapped Wall of Roots etc for Druid. Ana and Wall are better in a vacuum, but Viz and Druid going infinite is worth going less valuebeats and more combo, since it only requires Duskwatch/Rhonas be in the deck to be a lethal combo, and both both decent cards individually.

At the very least, traditional Abzan Combo like that link should sub the Meliras and Walls for Vizier and Druid, and add a Duskwatch and either a Rhonas or a Vizier of the Managerie.

On an off note, I'm sad that this upcoming GP in Atlanta is the last chance to basically play an unlimited amount of Modern for 3 days straight.

How is eggs? Did something new happened?

Last I checked, Eggs had become KCI combo.

List?

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wubrg-41977#paper
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-wubg-40961#paper

How does you guys feel about Turn Two Tokens? It's a pretty big meme, able to kill on turn 2 and in general be ridiculously explosive. Seems a lot better than 8whack, it doesn't have the goblin grenades but Turn Two Tokens is much faster.

I get a little upset when I see Memnite and Ornithopter in meme decks.

I feel he's running out of ideas.

I mean, so would I if I had to come up with this crap every week. I know saffronolive gets a lot of hate, and I don't exactly like the guy either, but I at least respect him for the work he puts in to the garbage decks.

Building soul sisters as my first modern deck, played it back in the day in standard.
I got everything except the money cards (Auriok Champion, Archangel of Thune, Serra Ascendant) I'm waiting for a price drop from the upcoming masters set reprint.
How much do you think the price is going to drop? Do you guys have any advice?

Don't worry so much about money. Unless you can't eat or pay your bills, I found it's always better just to pull the trigger and get the cards. Magic is a hobby, accept that you're going to spend money on it and you'll feel better.

Well cards tend to be expensive for two reasons:
a) They are heavily played.
b) They were only printed in a set that didn't sell well / was a long time ago.

Cards that are (b) drop a lot more than cards that are (a) when they get reprinted.

None of those cards are heavily played in Modern, but I know that Serra Ascendant sees a lot of Commander play.

I get what you are saying.
I already spent 300$ on my commader deck
So I'm not too shy with money I just want to go about it in a smarter way if possible.

Focus on the Ascendants first since the other two aren't really needed for Soul Sisters to be playable.

Yeah, don't get a shitty meme deck
If you don't to spend much and actually win go with burn or storm

Fair enough, I like burn but I hate storm, soul sisters just makes me feel nostalgic and tingly inside.
Also my local lgs meta is full of zoo and burn so maybe soul sisters won't do bad at all.

Thanks, good advice

What cards would you unban, Veeky Forums?

What cards would you ban?

What cards does modern need? OC or legacy reprint.

I would unban:
BBE
Birthing Pod
DRS
Dig Through Time
Eye of Ugin
Green Sun's Zenith
JTMS
Mental Misstep
Preordain (NOT ponder though)
Skullclamp
SFM
Treasure Cruise
Artifact Lands

I would ban:
Back to Nature
Blood Moon
Inkmoth Nexus
Monastery Swiftspear

Maybe it won't, you're right that it depends on the meta but you'll probably fold to most midrange and control

Reminder, before people start doing it, do not reply to tripfags, especially shitty tripfag copypasta.

Just filter them and pretend they don't exist.
Works great.

I don't get how Knightfall does well at events. To play it feels like a slow ass pile of shit.

It's a fair combo deck. It's slow, but it doesn't rely on the combo to win, which has its advantages.

>turn 1 thoughtseize, take Gifts from Storm
>turn 2 Bitterblossom
>turn 3 bloodmoon
>turn 4 Slaughter Games
What should I have named?

I knew his hand had 2 Baral, 2 Desperate Ritual, 1 Pyretic Ritual, and a Manamorphose

I probably would have named either gifts or past in flames, but then again, I never use surgical effects.

Manamorphose.

I'm dreaming up a shitpile

4x Utopia Srawl
4x Arbor Elf
4x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Blood Moon
4x Magus of the Moon
4x Chandra, Torch of Defiance
4x Hive Mind
4x Mwon-vuli Acid Moss
2x Summoner's Pact
2x Pact of Negation
2x Slaughter Pact
22 Lands

You weren't kidding. Either play Ponza or play Amulet Titan. Pick one.

Well, I can tell you want definitely didn't work; naming Baral

Well you knew it was storm so Grapeshot or some other wincon.

Yeah, he could draw Goblin Electromancer.
If you had two so you could get the other wincon, then sure.

>Name Grapeshot
>He empties the Warrens
>Name Warrens
>He Grapeshots
In this instance his blue mana is already choked. Cut him off with Manamorphose and he won't be able to dig for the pieces he needs.

hitting their mana reducers doesn't do anything if you can't present a fast clock. They'll just make land drops, set up their hand with cantrips and go off later.

What I don't like about that is he could just, you know, play blue lands.

>Blood Moon

This is almost identical to the Kari Zev Expertise Beck/Call deck before the rules blasted that deck into the ground.

Magic players are either retarded, new, or have zero memory. I'm leaning on all three given how many idiots leave and for some fucking reason return to the game not knowing shit about anything.

Player here, he already had a basic island

To be fair, why would a player dedicate memory to these janky meme decks?

Past in Flames is what enables them to just loop rituals and hit for a gorillion damage. I'd probably just name that

If a player can't remember shit in this game, even if it's janky shit, then they're useless. They're the idiots who can't remember that Wizards hasn't developed anything new and is just recycling old effects. They can't remember that Overrun was removed from Limited for good reason and then they brought something similar back with Amonkhet.

In fact, it all makes sense now. The vast majority of players can't remember shit, Wizards knows that, and therefore they can rewrap garbage and sell it again and again and that's why the game is where it's at today.

"But Goyf went down in price!" Yeah, I guess it went down in price from 6 months ago; but if you go back to 5 years ago the price didn't go fucking anywhere.

Oh I see now, you're just a whiny little bitch.

You haven't played enough EDH games where people can't remember anything.

If everything is such a shitshow, stop playing. It's that simple.

You flipped this on turn 3.

What do you cast?

White is the superior color. All other colors are for pansies and baby boys.

So... what, Soul Sisters? Pillow Fort?

White is a sideboard color in Modern and you know it.

glorybringer

>some retard on mtgo pays 2 life to target my lava spike with spellskite

FREE SFM

Have I wandered into the Standard thread?

Never going to happen. Your waifu is forever trapped in ban prison, getting DP'd by GGT and DRS while BBE waits her turn.

Eggs without ironworks will just be bad. Sorry friend costly cards are such because they r what makes decks work

>casts Axis of Mortality

obviously not, you need the SSG to cast glorybringer when you flip that turn 3

This card has so much potential, too bad it's so hard to flip it. I do see it being used in a blue/white flying men deck that can slam down some torrential gearhulks or other big fatties.

It's a cool idea, played around with it myself, but it's fucking terrible against snap/path.

I don't know what any of that means

SFM = Stoneforge Mystic
DP = Double penetration
GGT = Golgari Grave Troll
DRS = Deathrite Shaman
BBE = Bloodbraid Elf