Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

No more thread war edition.

Previous
>Warhammer Community news(Forge World Preview: The First Ever Primaris Super-heavy)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/12/forge-world-preview-the-first-ever-primaris-super-heavy/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=YAUUIZZ8X0w&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2017/10/40k-rumors-more-primaris-vehicles-on-the-way.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can the autism be over now?

First for the Guard.

No

Musket/Crossbow/Spear guardsmen when?

The other thread is 4 whole seconds older than this one.

Do the right thing and kill your bb

Being the later thread and espousing an end to thread wars you must commit seppuku and deletu your threadu

Fuck you both
He posted his first. But I'm unsure, so I post in both.

Everybody fucking delete everything and try again

You can summon after disembarking.

EWO gets to fire at you for disembarking and then still shoot at the unit you summoned.

Other thread is missing math hammer chart.

This is now official thread

r8 my first bullgrin Veeky Forums!

whatever you're priming with is giving a weird texture, and your highlights could be a tad neater.

Superb shading though. Great mini.

Do I actually have to get Tallarn models to use their regiment tactics? I have Cadians in grey for my Mobile Infantry.

Keratosis pilaris is just another mutation.

This is some high quality bait

>Do I actually have to get Tallarn models to use their regiment tactics?

No, just paint your dudes with brown skin :^)

>Tactical scissors on front most left guy
What

Scissors are practical to have in a lot of situations user, specially for cutting bandages and shit. If there are tactical shovels, I don't see why there couldn't be tactical scissors.

sup bandwagoner, keep on bandin that wagon.

You need to strap bomb to them and they look like Tallarn

Fucking Keked
Wish this was a tallarn only stratagem
Even call it Emperor Akbar

If I wanted to play an army of space wizards and spam the shit outta smite what army should I play?

>Vanguard Detachment
>primaris psyker
>3x5 battle psykers

Tzeentch Chaos Soup. Mainly Big Red and Malefic Lords from FW Renegades and Heretics.

That's nothing compared to my tactical turkey

is it kosher to model a fucking sick count-as mortarion or something? i want the rules (and 500 less points to model up) but i'm not actually running death guard, just an army using their rules.

either 1000 sons or GK, both get smite in regular squads, although both are pretty low tier armies

>Please don't sabotage this guy's provisions, he'll kill me if you do.

Any tau people want to post their lists? I want to get some inspiration beyond commander+drone spam, 1k or 2k preferably

We have two DG players at my store. One player uses top left and one uses bottom left as stand ins for morty

This box looks shit.

Why would you need loads of Trygons?

What part of START COLLECTING do you not understand?

Loads of them are just good value stuff to boost your army.

This isn't that.

This, the current SC and a couple of termagaunts wouldn't be a bad place to start an army

Are there any other new boxes in that issue? For any game

A carnifex and gaunts would have been so much better.

two of those and a swarm box is a full on army is it not? those trygons can see some use and who knows what the codex has in store

I've been meaning to buy a trygon or two so I will probably pick it up. Besides, you can never have too many genestealers.

Shame the broodlord looks like trash now.

well if I was going to play Eldar I'd pick Iyandan as the craftworld so that's a pretty decent box I guess

Thank you for answering , but im trying this again in a new thread. I still have doubts about:

>Can a psycher cast a psychic power at himself? As in, can he buff himself with a spell?
"Probably" isn't helping me much.
>Can auras affect the same guy who's making it?
He IS a friendly unit within 6", but it's not specified he can take advantage of something he's creating- ence the doubt.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Where were you when Primarines were released? Fuck head.

1KS or grey Knights, depending on your desired flavor. Grey Knights are SPAEC PALAHDENS while 1KS are we wuz dust n Sheit. If you want the old school college of wizards deal, inquisition+GK. Rogue magical maniacs with no sense of morals? Followers of tzeentch.

Is Death Guard competitive at all?

there's 1 trygon

>Make one beamer onager a neautronager and replace the other with bots
I read it as beaner onager.

Man, top left looks absoloutely amazing.

Lol, wraithlords are actually super good now. Loading that bitch up with a pair of rocket launchers and a ghostglaive is a surprisingly effective loadout, like a dreadnought+1

Just 40k stuff?

>Can a psycher cast a psychic power at himself? As in, can he buff himself with a spell?
Yes he can, a common Deamon Prince combo is using Diabolic Strength on himself.
>Can auras affect the same guy who's making it?
Depends on the wording but usually yes. If it says it buffs say and he is infantry then ya he gets the buffs.

Does any have any comparisons or conversions of the Onager's neutron laser on a or next to a Leman Russ (turret). I'm thinking of an idea of a Vanquisher with a big laser cannon instead of a solid slug vanquisher one.

Price still 85 USD?

>he asks in a 40k thread

>wraithlords are actually super good now. Loading that bitch up with a pair of rocket launchers and a ghostglaive is a surprisingly effective loadout, like a dreadnought+1
Really? Been kinda thinking about starting a Ynnari list with lots of Wraithhost shit. Gonna wait till after the codex drops but I'd be stoked if wraithhost was good.

Thanks. Sounds broken but makes sense. Thanks a lot.

>>Can auras affect the same guy who's making it?
Yes. Read the sidebar labeled "aura abilities" on page 179 of the rulebook. Read all the sidebars. They're important.

Moehammer 40,000

>not like i wanted to destroy the imperium because I like you
>baka

>their Kataphron servitors are overcosted and require absurd amounts of command points or support units to actually do anything on the tabletop.
So, bring a Datasmith? They were a single unit in 7E, they are kinda designed to depend on them.
>The other servitors are one of the worst units in the game
Yeah, you're not supposed to take those. Marines have those too, but nobody cares. Maybe they could serve a purpose if they could tank wounds for Techpriests, like Honour guard or Crisis Bodyguards do. And then those bodyguard squads are killy on their own. These servitors are simply useless.
>The Ironstrider Ballistari are mostly useless compared to Onagers
True, but they are in the Fast slot, and bring as much dakka as a Predator while costing 1.5 Sentinels.

>Having a few obsolete/bad units is normally not the worst thing in the world, but when you already have one of the smallest pools of units to choose from, your faction is 1.5 troops choices, 2 heavy supports, 1 fast attack, 3 elites, and 3 HQs- one of which is a unique character that can only be taken with a specific forge world.
Agree completely, the codex didn't really change that much
Galvanic rifles should be AP-1 base to be relevant, Breacher Torsion cannons and Hydraulic claws should be reworked to be reliable, and Ruststalkers aren't a thing.
Not to mention they didn't get any new unit despite being one of the smallest lists of them all.
Boo GW

I must have missed that one. Thanks anons, you are cool guys.

Yea it looks great in person, and it's half the cost of Morty. It's a bit short but the guy has it propped up on some rocks and corpses.

Fellow Loyalists, have you seen this?
belloflostsouls.net/2017/10/40k-rumors-more-primaris-vehicles-on-the-way.html

Personally im happy about the upgrade kits for the Gravis guys. I wanted to go the extra mile in customizing them, im hyped.

no comparison, but the laser is 2 inches long

>Aggressors duel wielding storm shields

I've just finished assembling all the models(Save the Inceptors because they need super glue for the stands) from my Dark Imperium box. I am proud of myself.

good job you lazy arse
my friend still hasn't finished painting them. Hell my local Warhammer store hasn't finished painting them

Kudos user. Don't forget to drill the barrels.
Now paint

ALL HAIL THE FLOATING DICE

Yeah, pretty much this.
>Sicarians should be T4 M9"
>Infiltrators should have 3A
>Ruststalkers should have AP-1, AP-4 melee turn 2
>Kataphrons should have BS3+
>breachers should have WS3+ and another attack to justify cost
>destroyers should be about 65 points
>vanguard need two wounds, not D2, on 6+
>rangers should be 9-10 points and AP-1
>kastellan with fists should have another attack or S14, just something to be useful
>ballistarii should be able to move and shoot
All in all I love my army, just need a few things.

kek

I think you have confused Kastelan Robots with Kataphron Servitors. Kastelan Robots are totally fine- one of our best units. I was talking about the models in my pic (and the breachers).

Ballistari are cheaper heavy weapons on a truly mediocre vehicle platform. It's not fun or interesting when the biggest strength of a unit is that it can be taken when your other slots for better options are filled. I just don't see them being cheap enough for it to matter. Also, they are similar in cost to a predator whilst being significantly less durable, and less accurate while on the move. I see very little reason to take them right now.

>BoLS

Its bullshit but its also something to be expected in the future, I dont think this has any credibility but its a safe bet that FW will eventually make upgrade kits for Primaris stuff and GW will keep expanding the line with ever marine codex.

GW did say a while ago that there will be variants for the Redemptor dreadnought in the future. Maybe they wont be models but upgrade kits.

I play Daemons (mostly Slaanesh), but the more I look at Eldar the more I kinda' want to start playing them as well. I haven't encountered them since my friend stopped playing late 5e, so what are they like these days? Is that warwalker worth anything at all? I know he never touched his.

What's all the fuss about Hellounds ? Are they really that good ?
I don't see how they are more cost efficient than Leman Russes, or even Devil Dogs for that matter.

Moehammer best 'hammer!

It is pretty absurd that Kataphron Destroyers cost 75 points (Grav Cannon and Flamer). That's 5 Space marines, or almost an entire bare-bones squad of Rangers/Vanguard. At that level of points-disparity, they really need a much weightier profile to make up the gap.

A lot of the units in the book feel really throttled in power level, and I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

I just want the guys I love to not be mediocre.

Fucking Dammit, now FW will make things for 30k and Primaris™. Nothing for other Imperial armies, xeno or chaos :(.

they light things on fire.
lightning things on fire is good

Yeah, breachers cost more than bullgryns and not only die sooooooo much easier, they don't do shit. It's generally 5 attacks with the profile of an autocannon versus 3 S6 AP-1. If breachers were like 55 points and had BS3+, a 2+ save, and hydraulic claws had AP-3 and D3, and arc claws had an additional S/AP. As is they're not that useful

I agree. It's really seeing how badass tanky a thing like bullgryns are that makes me sad. Breachers should breach, nigga. Both Kataphrons ought to have +1 to their saves

Gw fucking shits
Never believe the goddamn hype
They will never felate anything other than whatever their biased writers favor
Fuck them all

Sicarians do need to be M9, but T3 spindly frames is fluffy and they're mostly hurting because they lost their FNP, which they should get back.

1000% agree on your Ruststalker suggestion. Their mortal wound fishing ability is situational at absolute best, and less fluffy than their old armour penning trick.

Place your bets Veeky Forums how BL can fuck up Sanguinius?

they're coing for you.

Trained user. All guardsmen are entitled to ONE Lasgun

Necron player here, looking to broaden my horizons; thinking of doing a tau force desu. I really enjoy the higher tech theme (although if 30k mechanicus comes to 40k I will do that no questions asked).

But anyway, what would a decent start for a mechanized infantry list look like for tau? Thinking devilfish running up with squads, hammerheads and broadsides in the back, maybe a ghost keel and MAYBE some crisis suits? Not super big on the big mechs. I'd be down for maybe some kroot too.

>saguinius comes back through some warp fuckery, eldar or otherwise
>is corrupted by chaos during the process, is now an uber daemon prince
>at this point alpharius sees this shit and switches back to loyalist as omega legion, saving everyone with his primaris marines that he secretly made, all true chaos alpha legionnaires are hunted like the fallen are by DA
>dangles being gay/heretics was always just a ruse for the true plotline

>If it says it buffs say and he is infantry then ya he gets the buffs.
>this makes the exalted sorcerer cry

>>at this point alpharius sees this shit and switches back to loyalist as omega legion, saving everyone with his primaris marines that he secretly made, all true chaos alpha legionnaires are hunted like the fallen are by DA
>alpharius
>doing anything

you can get summoned, shut up

Read the Index entry again, you dumb nigger.

>alpahrius

>alpharius

You're an idiot.

these are the combos that work well for mech tau
breachers in devilfish
longstrike with 2-3 hammerheads alongside him
If you want to start mech tau I suggest this
1 start collecting
1 optimised pathfinder team
1 hammerhead with longstrike
run fire warriors as breachers from start collecting, put a railgun on longstrike and kit out pathfinders with all pulse carbines for markerlights
convert one xv8 to a commander or proxy him as such for now if you don't want to run an etheral as your hq

whatever happen to Lion El'Jonson?

didnt he survive the HH? the hell is he doing now?

So, question: In a world where impossible mutations like Ogryns, Ratlings and other Abhumans are possible, and after both a gold age where genetic modification was common place and 38,000 years of evolution has occured, would it not be at least somewhat believable that all female regiments could be possible?

literally snoozing for thousands of years

>omega legion
come on guys, alpharius = omegon, it's not that hard

Sanguinius is da best and purest primarch. BL can't fuck him up during HH and can't fuck him up in 40k.