Lesser known Instrument thread

I was trying to come up with a bard character that didn't have one instrument, but rather a bag of limited note instrument. I already Have a slide whistle, a tuning fork, and an Aztec death whistle. What are some other instruments should I consider for his bag of annoying shit?

Also General Lesser known instrument thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4241znJIgNk
youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8
youtube.com/watch?v=m9YOFlHjqrc
youtube.com/watch?v=G7pYdPOS4yw
youtube.com/watch?v=vq4hVTax_yI
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6jGOxhPmA
youtube.com/watch?v=AI9RJbljBLw
youtube.com/watch?v=hVAWwWi0DbE
youtube.com/watch?v=YU9S3DdXopE
youtube.com/watch?v=1YXCziaEUHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Contrabass Flute

>Contrabass Flute
Not quite what I was looking for, but I could see this being mistaken for a club of somekind

Whatever the fuck this instrument in my grandma's house is. It has a bow but only one string

Has he ever played it? is the bow supposed to be used with it?

have a chinese mouth organ!

Did a quick search. It maybe something called a Goje

I'm sure the bow is used for it. They're made in the same style

Holy crap OP I think that is what it is

I'm actually going to give one of those to my bard in the campaign I'm DMing. The ram will signify strength but also stubbornness. While the instrument is being played, all who hear it have the option to attack recklessly

Shit's pretty cool, yo.

youtube.com/watch?v=4241znJIgNk

What does "limited note" instrument mean? Technically all instruments have range limitations. Do you mean instruments that can only produce a single note?

I've always wanted to play a bard that was like a wardrummer. Big congos hanging from his waist, a bass drum on his back.

Kazoo.

I guess if I had to specify I would prefer single note, but something like a slide whistle may also fit the bill. Basically, it's an instrument that has you could see being sold at a dollar store. Or at the very least a one trick pony, pitch wise

Can't believe that hasn't crossed my mind yet. Also, what's the name of those little, I dunno, "clack"-y things that are used in Mexican music?

Why not a sub-contrabass flute?

Oh, okay, cool. Well, percussion will probably be your best bet, or something like this, which is someone singing and blowing across a bottle. youtube.com/watch?v=4bjPlBC4h_8

The clacky things are called castanets.

Saw

Cowbell.

image search for keyword 'kuker'

the rainstick

Hmm, maybe pushing it but the big thing is he has a santa sack where he keeps it all, so it's probably fine

Gotta have it

Ooooh that's nice

>GENTLEMEN

Motherfucking shruti box

Goddamn sistrum

Shitfucking zurna

Something that might pique your interest but is sadly too big to work for you is the boom-ba from Pennsylvania. It's basically a pogo stick covered in the type of instruments you are looking for.

Forgot an image

Rape whistle.

Cuntdick mridangam

The Theremin is the best of all possible weird instruments.

It produces a spooky wailing sound a bit like a violin, but has no moving parts and is controlled by interacting with its magnetic fields by making cool wizard gestures in the air near it.

Jaw Harp

vuvuzela

and I dunno a carnyx or some shit

digeridoo

>the ethical dilemma harp

And some mo fuckin' videos to demonstrate this shit!

youtube.com/watch?v=m9YOFlHjqrc
youtube.com/watch?v=G7pYdPOS4yw
youtube.com/watch?v=vq4hVTax_yI
youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6jGOxhPmA
youtube.com/watch?v=AI9RJbljBLw
youtube.com/watch?v=hVAWwWi0DbE

That would be expensive, even if it was made by magic bullshit. Hell, especially if it was made by magic bullshit.

Man, I remember when youtube had that fucking button. Still, it's a good choice.

Tempting but I might use it for another bard.
still worth listening to. Also apparently called a Stumpf Fiddle.

youtube.com/watch?v=YU9S3DdXopE

Neat. Glad this thread has inspired more characters!

Glass harmonica. The sound it produced drives people insane.

>“There may be various reasons for the scarcity of armonica players, principally the almost universally shared opinion that playing it is damaging to the health, that it excessively stimulates the nerves, plunges the player into a nagging depression and hence into a dark and melancholy mood, that it is an apt method for slow self-annihilation… Many (physicians with whom I have discussed this matter) say the sharp penetrating tone runs like a spark through the entire nervous system, forcibly shaking it up and causing nervous disorders. If you are suffering from any nervous disorder you should not play it, If you are not yet ill you should not play it excessively. If you are feeling melancholy you should not play it or else play uplifting pieces. If tired, avoid playing it late at night.”

Size mainly. His thing is having a bunch of instruments. I got the idea by being in a similar thread as this and thinking the death whistle would be fun to have as an intimidation helper. (faking the bard is a psycho murderer or something) then having the idea of having a bunch of one note instruments. I think a quirk he'll have is that his instruments are for one spell and he HAS to use that instrument for that spell.

Also while I'm coming up with more things I found out there's also a Jaguar whistle.
youtube.com/watch?v=1YXCziaEUHE

Holy shit that sounds RIDICULOUSLY accurate. Wish it had proper subtitles.

You mean the mother humping pole smoking mouth 'fucking' harp.