That System You will Never Play, what is it?

What is that system you will never play(or run) but want to? And Why? Is it too niche, does no one else like this system?

do they only play D&D?

The BattleTech one with the clans. I just cant wrap my head around starting with a mech. Just feels like its something you should earn ingame, and not just give yourself because reasons.

Fucking 90% of my shelves. I can't even get people to play AD&D, how am I going to convince them to play Anima or SLA Industries or Underground or Zir'An or Senzar or Synnibarr or any of the other games I have?

>will never play dungeons the dragoning
>will never play Ryutama
>will never play Double Cross
>Will never play Open Legend
>Will never play Mythras Space
>Or Stars Without Number.

THERE’S A MYTHRAS SPACE!?!?

I really want to play Mage: The Ascension, especially in a game starring the good guys (Technocracy).

I found a pdf called M-Space in the mythra folder I downloaded. Its a 1d100 percentile system in a scifi setting.

I always wanted to try Ad Eva

I'm too damn timid to ever run a proper DCC game. Shame, since I have the book. And the LGS is selling these little booklets I could hand out to the group.

Is it in the share thread?

>tfw your group is too ADD to give Rolemaster a chance.
If only so we can enjoy struggling through it together before deciding it was a fun experience but it's not for us.

thats were I got the whole mythras folder.

GURPS Cyberpunk. I've played GURPS before but I feel like corny retro not-SR cyberpunk would be fun.

It's probably in the /RuneQuest trove on snip.li.

GURPs, because I have literally never met a GURPs player that is not a stereotypical GURPs proselytizing nutboy.

I wish I could try the system with a normal group.

Tenra Bansho Zero, Silver Rain, DCC, Golden Sky Stories, Make You Kingdom, Magica Logia, Beginning Idol, Splittermond, Eoris Essence, Shadow of the Demon Lord, Legend, Fantasy Craft, Log Horizon, Colossal Hunter, Sword World, Paranoia, Gamma World 7e, Ryuutama, Exalted 3e, just to name a few.

Most of it is because it's near impossible to get a group together for anything that isn't D&D, DSA or Shadowrun, some of it is because I don't want to run them, and I'm the only one who ever runs anything and some of it is because it isn't translated.

You can scratch Double Cross off that list. The setting is very promising, but the system is a firework of disappointment and poor translation.

You're not alone.

same. I would love to play in a campaign that started out with super simple starter rules then built up as the players got good. until by the end of it we are using several source books without even knowing.

You guys should get together.

I've never actually met a GURPS player like that outside of Veeky Forums, where it's mostly a meme. Well, to be honest, I've never met a GURPS player who openly talked about playing GURPS, it only comes up when the game is already set up and some people mention they know how to play GURPS.

As for this thread, I'll probably never play Song of Swords.

That Mario RPG game looks pretty fun and the first 2 Paper Mario games are the GOTYAYEYAT for me. I don't really know anyone else who loves mario shit enough to do it, plus I'm already running another game right now.

Also I'm worried there's gonna be a bunch of Shygirl PCs

I have been looking for ages for people to play SLA industries with. Second rpg I ever played with my irl group but now I have moved away and its difficult to find people to play it with online considering how obscure it is. What time zone are you in? maybe a few of us anons on this thread could get a group together

RIFTS. Because of inherent problems and getting my players to understand it would amount to impossible. Shame because I really really like it and regional stories devoid of "I bring this Cosmic Knight OCC into play" work just fine.

I just got the DCC book and also backed the MCC on kickstarter so I have the pdf for that. We haven't played any games like this before so it should be interesting

This. I want to play Rifts, or at least Heroes Unlimited, but as soon as they see the Palladium logo they lose all interest.

Dungeon World
they only play DND

The exact opposite side of the world from the one it was created in.

Pathfinder. It looks so fun because of all the options, but nearly all of them are fucking useless and it forces you to minmax and I just don't care to have to optimize shit to a T just to play a basic game. It looks so fun in theory, but just turns me off with that.

Iron Kingdoms, Ive been wanting to play it for so long but I will never find a group to play it

>it forces you to minmax and I just don't care to have to optimize shit to a T just to play a basic game.
Real games aren't actually like this.

How can you say it "looks fun" and yet complain about minmaxing?

The fun thing about Pathfinder is minmaxing, that is why the game is enjoyable to play. It's the only visibly fun thing about Pathfinder when looking at the system from afar. I don't understand how the game could possibly look enjoyable at any level when you're not looking at the crazy bullshit the rules let you pull off

Mekton. the 1d4chan wiki page makes it sound like a blast to play, but I'm the only /m/echa fan in my regular group.

Be glad, Mekton Zeta is unbalanced autism-riddled shit. Battle Century G is the choice for patrician /m/etalheads

Sword Path Glory.

I would play buts its too complex

My problem is I want to demo systems before spending the time to play out a full campaign. I don't need a players, I need a practice study group to see if I'd like Feng Shui, 4E, Firefly, Dungeons the Dragoning, and Battle Century G enough to keep going.

Anything that doesn't have a kickstarter.

I have a somewhat regular group but they always get hyped up over some shitty new kickstarter and we ended up jumping systems every 12 months. It's my only option other than Pathfinder and 5E organized play. It sucks.

I love reading up on all the OSR stuff. I'd love to play some old AD&D, DCC, or C&C or really anything older. Unfortunately finding a group that does anything other than Pathfinder here is impossible.

>we ended up jumping systems every 12 months
Better than being stuck on the same one or two systems forever.
I mean, I love 3.5 and Savage Worlds, but I need a change damn it.

Harnmaster:(

If you get a good idea of what elements to borrow and when, RIFTS Superheroes Unlimited is a boat load of fun

Degenesis: Rebirth.

I am fucking in love with the system, the setting, the lore, everything. I've attempted to play it with a few friends, and while excited, they don't get into the setting quite like I do. And when trying to GM I feel daunted about what to do and how to properly represent the setting.

Don't make this something /pol/ please I am so tired of those kinds of threads already like fucking hell

oh man

Try pregens, maybe? Or make their characters for them? It's fast enough in play!

Or if they like a bit of D&D, try Blood, Guts & Glory, either in the official setting (early-ren sort of thing with redwall-style animal people) or using the fantasy races in a generic fantasy setting (weaselfolk are elves, and so on).

give rolemaster a chance, people of the world. it's cool. and not hard to play.

everything that isn't pathfinder/D&D and not out of lack of trying.
>will never run Feng Shui
>will never run shadowrun 5E
>will never run FATE Core
>will never run savage worlds: Tropicana
>will never run Hunter the Reckoning

>give rolemaster a chance
I mean come on people, one of the standard types of healing is a class that takes wounds onto themselves and heals them using unconscious magic casting, including self-only spells like "remove blood clot," "regenerate cartilage," "reattach limb," and "heal brain damage," which may come in handy after using "heal shatter instantly" to repair their shattered skull.

There's a class that can heal other people, but that's not as metal.

(note that those spell names are from blood guts & glory, which is a d&d rolemaster crossover retroclone osr thing, but that style of healing is a rolemaster core element)

Welcome to nu/tg/.

Amber Diceless, or Lords of Gossamer and Shadow. So sad.

I WANT TO, user, I WANT TO.
These books have just been sitting on top of my bookcase for two years now.

>Don't make this something /pol/ please I am so tired of those kinds of threads already like fucking hell
What? explain

I would but I don't want to get anything started.

Let's just say it's Americans and their reactions to LOL AFRICANS

I ran Rifts for probably a decade when I was a kid with all my friends, it was a power gaming shit show but it was fun

I'm currently participattin in two long-run campaigns of The One Ring. Gming one, playing in the other That basically means i don't have time for anything else. But there are two things i'd like to run
>true detective inspired Trail of Cthulhu campaign
>heroquest glorantha

And theres plenty of shit I'd like to play, but not gm. Which makes it even less likely
>hillfolk
>apocalypse world
>the sprawl
>in a wicked age

We never finish a campaign. Whoever is gming usually gets bored and just either handwaves a wrap up after half assed final adventure or just starts cancelling.

With any luck I can find 2 or 3 more people to get my own group going with people who are interested in older stuff. So far I've got 2 possible players.

That sucks. Two people is workable, will you jump ship and look for another in the meantime?

Probably will never play Mythras Classic Fantasy...

How the fuck can I convince my group to play anything other than 5e?

4e

Because a lot of the options look fun. But like I said they end up useless. You won't ever use any of the cooler ones because it isn't some minmaxed build and the community itself has a focus on that. All of that variety looks great, but it all falls flat when you realize you'll never use a fraction of those options because of how useless they are, or because everyone expects you to research shit and come up with some already pre-determined path to take that is considered effective and best.

So, if all those options were viable? I'd play PF in a minute, but between all of them being useless and having to minmax of you want to actually do anything, it just feels like it's not real or substantial variety. There is no real choice unless you pick something non-optimized and then get punished by the game by being useless.

This isn't a complaint about the players either. I see why they'd all be minmaxing faggots when the game all but forces you to be that if you want to do anything. Just wish even 10% of the skills were actually useful or at least were worth taking.

I can't get players for anyting that isn't like Apocalypse World/Dnd/maybe Star Wars.

I just want to run a Twilight 2000 game....

the gurps players in my group say "or d&d or gurps, I wont lear new systems"

So we mostly free form at this point. As for this thread, I will never play games with more than 10 pages of rules, as no one in my group will read anything to play.

There are no games I couldn't play with my group. I always end up running it, so whatever I suggest we go with.
I'm an okay GM, and my player base trusts my judgement when it comes to mechanics and games.
These days we mostly end up in GURPS between the two groups I'm running face-to-face, but I've tried a broad variety of weird systems with them in the past.

You know, I had several. But most I were able to play by just advertising clearly on Roll20.

That search for a one-shot for a rare game turned into a regular game with some decent folks.

>You won't ever use any of the cooler ones because it isn't some minmaxed build and the community itself has a focus on that.
Playing with real people who aren't from Veeky Forums, this isn't really a problem. The CR system actually assumes quite poorly optimized characters, so minmaxing is far from necessary and most of the people in the groups I play with just build the characters they want without getting too autistic about it.

I have a sporadic GW7e game of you are really aching for it.
Also all the books as pdfs

I imagine the tone is also pretty tricky to get right if you didn't live through early 90s Scotland.

Twilight 2000.
Never published in my country, requires specific group and even more specific group mentality. And since it wasn't translated - good grasp of English, too, which not everyone in my group has (some studied German instead).

The real irony comes from the fact the starting adventure is set in Poland, along with the first campaign. And almost entire group is from Silesia in Poland.

Anything that I cant do online
Mostly because im a poorfag and all my friends like in different states