Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

No more thread war edition ver II.

Previous
>Warhammer Community news(Forge World Preview: The First Ever Primaris Super-heavy)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/12/forge-world-preview-the-first-ever-primaris-super-heavy/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Craftworld Mymeara Armour. (embed)

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BGrfhsxxmdE
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/new-ways-to-customise-your-tanks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Ultramarines

I wanna play a "spooky" army. Which army is the spookiest Veeky Forums?

Necrons or Dark Eldar Covens

I wonder?

Night Lords hands down. Fluff wise, gameplay wise, and sorta model wise.

Assault termies with lighting claws? Yay or double Yay? How bout if i cast Unleash Rage on them?

Used to be necrons but they've lost a lot of their spook.

I remember killing them off in dark crusade first because they scared me too much.

has anyone assembled a resource for building a basic beginner army in this new edition?

Probably the Edge Lords
Necrons are now the senile Egyptians so not as spooky

Buy a start collecting! and the armies codex/index.

Buy one HQ and two Troops choices for the army that you think is coolest.

Whatya want to play senpai?

>Necrons are now the senile Egyptians so not as spooky

negative, its spooky as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=BGrfhsxxmdE

This is why we need a nagash in 40k. Anyone got any ideas how we can port grand allience of death into 40k?

Dark Eldar. Night Lords are just a rabble of leaderless, cowardly bitches.

what buffs would it take to make the following lists viable:

- all biker orks
- all wraith eldar, including fw stuff
- all battlesuit tau
- all psyker nids

On a scale of 1 to HERESY!, how wrong would it be to have some Primaris Black Dragon's with the bone mutations? I've got a few Primaris models just lying around and I was thinking of doing something a little less "standard marine" with them.

From what I remember of Dark Imperium through the Primaris are supposed to be bullshit super-special-flawless perfect, which makes the idea seem like it would trigger lore autists.

>I don't know, some are known for it. Inquisitors in terminator armor especially are ready to combat terrible forces. Would you be okay with that? Inquisitors in Terminator armor being the ones with WS2+? Then the rest being the same.
In my opinion, 2+ To Hit should reserved solely for combat monsters, which Inquisitors really shouldn't be relative to all the other shit that hits the table top. They should really be more focused on their support skills. When they do have to try to play with the big boys, a big part of it should be due to their access to some of the best equipment in the Imperium. I think 3+ to hit is perfectly fine for representing inquisitors as capable of fighting with great skill but ultimately not at the top-end of combatants.

In regards to specifically limiting it to Terminator Armor, I think that's a bad idea for the additional reason that it makes Terminator Armor an auto-take for any melee inquisitor. Terminator Armor already confers massive defensive bonuses, it doesn't need to come with an offensive bonus on top of that.

There's a scene in the first Eisenhorn novel where the inquisitor encounters a CSM, and he damn near shits his pants. Eisenhorn is a great Inquisitor, but even he's leery about the prospect of facing an astartes.

Anything fun triggers autists. just do it if they are just laying around.

So any good models to kitbash cultists with skulls for heads?

GW's Skeleton line from Fantasy?

That big pack of just skulls they sell?

GW skull kit and cadians for skeletors.

Go for it sounds fun. As far as I know the Primaris marines still retain the defects of the geneseed their chapter uses. Tho to be fair I kinda doubt the Black Dragons would get much in the way of Primaris shit considering the're form the Cursed Founding.

As a guy who knows his fucking orks, biker orks just need to be just a bit cheaper per model, not even by that much but some.

meant to reply to

Can I make a heamonculus army with wracks, grotesques, and cronos and talos' for the full spooky?

>Genestealer Cults
Alien movies spook

>Adeptus Ministorum
Saw movies spook

>Necrons
Metallic Skeleton spook

>Dark Eldars
Wear human skin, razor spook

>Khorne
Insane rage spooky

>Tzeench
Lovecraft spook

>Slaneesh
Feminine Penis spook

>Nurgle
Youtube video of button piercing spook

>Spess marine
Bad writing plot armor spook

Will I need to use some green stuff or would they be fine on their own, I mean I'll probably use green stuff but I just want to be sure?

Oi, why are there no Rough Riders in the Codex? The Blade of Tu'Sakh relic originally belonged to an Attilan Rough Rider wtf.
Tangentially, will FW ever do something about Krieg and Elysium to update them from Index version to Codex? ;_;

Yes you can. It might not be great, but it's maximum spooky.

Might throw in some Harlequins to be nightmare clowns.

>all battlesuit tau
well riptide could stand to be 100 points cheaper, they're useless right now
broadsides could be 50 points cheaper, they cost more than a hammerhead while being worse right now
crisis suits would need either a ridiculous point drop or commanders increased in price by 50 with a moderate crisis point reduction
not requiring 5 markerlights to achieve +1BS
New markerlight system could be like this
1 ML: seekers/destroyers fire at user BS, reroll 1s
2 ML: ignore penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons, seekers/destroyers ignore cover
3 ML: +1 BS
4 ML: Ignore cover or something else, idk what would be good but not broken
Markerlight drones cost 8 points not 10, drone controller makes them good but without they're strictly worse than pathfinders

You would need some GS to make a neck. I wild also have some wire connecting the torso and skulls

Primaris do not have any Gene-seed Defects. For example, Blood Angel Primaris don't have the Red Thirst and/or Black Rage.

I'd like to hear the fluff ideas you have for it because it sounds like the possibilities could be great.

Sheeeeiiittt, if Guiliman can magically teleport fully functional Primaris marines all over the galaxy including the Dark Imperium or whatever the supposedly cut-off half is called, then the Black Dragons can get their hands on a couple.

how do you feel about nobz on bikes with big choppas? I plan on running 4-8 in my army

I see where you are coming from, but Commissar Lords are 2+ and so is Straken. Commissars aren't known for being combat monsters. Straken isn't any more known for his close combat ability than any other Catachan hero. He's more about leading from the front and getting horribly mangled.

But it doesn't really matter I guess. They will still be WS3+ and BS3+. I'll just have to let it go.

Those guys are legit spooky.
Not some random NL pleb :^)

Genestealer Cults are pretty fucking spooky. They got that Lovecraft style spook goin on. Actually I'd fuckin love to read a novel about a guardsmen trying to uncover a Genestealer Cult. Is there any books that feature Genestealer cults?

>tau
noblebright in 40k spook
>krieg
live to die spook
>dangles
surprise butt sex spook
>abbadon
no arms cripple spook
>dorn
autism spook

The first Ciaphus Cain book

Elysium is crazy strong in RAW index version.
OotF can make everyone reroll hits (contrary to codex OotF which is flyer only).
Uncapped number of plasmaspam command squad.
Can benefit from any Guard regiment doctrine they want (all their units have the Elysean regimental keywords, even those who are usually fleet units).

I don't really think they should be 2+ either, but at least their entire schtick is leading from the front.

>Can benefit from any Guard regiment doctrine they want (all their units have the Elysean regimental keywords, even those who are usually fleet units).
I'm very skeptical that many people will be allowing Elysians to get their own special stuff AND Codex regiment doctrines.
>inb4 muh twisted RaW
That's nice, but a lot of people still pay attention to RaI.

IA 14 is tau+admech+red scorpions
IA 15 is elysians + nids + inquisition
IA 16 is ???
kriegers will have to wait a while but elysians are op right now and with valkyrie point reductions they just got better, though the OOTF nerf was rude

Fix the bad, and also the OP.
That's even more reason to fix it
They already retracted their statement allowing Krieg (and Elysium) taking regimental doctrines. Haven't said anything since other than "we were abrupt".

Good thing that box of skulls was on my list, it really is a good deal plus all the skulls are a chaos players wet dream for modeling. And if I get rich enough I will buy enough of these boxes to model a full scale skull throne, it would probably make a good table to play on.

Really? Thats kinda lame. The Defects and the way the chapters deal with it was one of the few reasons I even care about Space Marines. Still though the Black Dragons are from the Cursed Founding. If any mutations would be resilient enough to crop up again it'd be from chapters of that founding.

I want a short story about how much Lamenters hate their new Chad friends because nothing bad ever happens to them.

>They already retracted their statement

link?

according to FW, the "move and fire order" is RAI that all infantry can throw frag+krak nades on top of lasgun shooting
giving you 10+10d6 lasgun shots and 10 assault cannon shots with D6 damage on top which can jump out of a valk and get in 8" range reliably
also free deep strike on all command squads = plasma rape

>- all wraith eldar, including fw stuff
Just the Codex probably
>- all battlesuit tau
Codex and balancing, lots of rethinking some numbers
>- all psyker nids
Would you even want that?

True. I would also agree they shouldn't be WS2+ and it would be more in line with Inquisitors skill.

So moving past, what do you think I should equip my Acolytes with? I really like using a melee Inquisitor and try to get her into combat as much as I can. I run her in a transport next to other transports with Crusaders and Bullgryn. I have 3 Acolytes with Storm Bolters and Bolt Pistols and I could make at least 5 more. Should I keep them like that for dakka and ablative wounds plus some mild shooting in close combat? Or should I give some others Mauls/Swords and some kind of Pistol?

Saw it days ago. Lasted only barely longer than Cataluña's independence. Will try to look it up.

Cheers mates, glad the idea isn't completely stupid.

I've got to think of a fairly straight forward method of doing the blades now since I don't want to be doing the blades themselves with modelling putty. I wonder if Hormagaunt blades filed down to a thinner profile would be the go?

is there a viable way to build a 2000 point imperium army that could be divided into four 500 point armies?

That sounds bad ass. Pump it up to fucking 11

Yes, probably.

Don't forget to paint some of your grotesques blue to trigger tau players. This goes to all Deldar players.

Ere you go

overpriced to the point of retardation, but a lot of opponents will be retarded and shoot them ignoring a bigger threat so use that

The Codex only contains rules for units with models. Use the Index for Rough Rider rules.

Am I gonna get fucking stomped?

Fluff is simple. Haemonculus Crizamor needs biomatter. He gets it aggressively.

they can do a lot of damage, and have plenty of wounds for their cost, but the saves are pretty painful

DELDARD

what a slut

Twin yay with re-rolls for nays.

What have you guys recently ordered?

Nothing an Earthshaker shell won’t cure

Easy, look at old profiles for s/t, otherwise use best judgement for converting to 40k; one of my group has been playing skaven for the past couple of weeks. It's hilarious.

Remember when index players were screaming about how vanilla marines were already good in the index and then got a codex with stratagems and shit too?

Kriegers at Ease, so glad they came back into stock. Hopefully Grenadiers soon.

>buying chaos bikers
>expecting a moldline remover to help

SoB stuff
>4 heavy flamer
>4 heavy bolter
>canoness
>icon bearer
>2 storm bolters
>canoness veridyan

300pts for 300 dollars

Already spooked. Psyker, gib mental fortitude ploz

What am I in for, user?

Black Dragons without the arm and head blades is fucking pointless they'd literally just bee all black armored boring ass marines. If you're going for lore accuracy just say all your Primaris are upgraded veterans, or give the new guys metal arm blades strapped to the armor to fit the chapters doctrines

>increasing your backlog

Quick question because I have to worry about this as a beginner it seems.

If I field my haemonculus flesh collection army am I gonna be playing an unfair army?

The mold for the grenadiers is broken and it costs too much to recreate. They are off the store for good.

Models that don't fit together well and are almost guaranteed to end up misaligned

Alright anons, help me choose what I take to game tomorrow; elite crimson fists, feudal world guard, oddmek Orks, horde Orks, deff skwadron orks, death guard, Oop squats as militarum, new genecults/Militarum squats, or Kharadron overlords as proxy marines?

>[Citation Needed]

deff skwadron orks
do dubs decide or something?

Two penitent engines and a heavy flamer sister to give my sisters some more scuttling power.

Got the wire and hand drill ready to go, hear the engines are annoying as all hell to assemble.

user. Take the deff skwadron orks.

Really? The pictures I've seen of the Chaos Bikers don't look bad at all. Are there certain parts of it that are usually fucked up?

Sauce or it's not true

So what if I bring a few of these guys in and call them squats how will that go?

Curse you! I needed one of those heavy bolters but they went out of stock when I tried to order!

Also I feel your pain, good god sisters got expensive while I was out of the game.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>haemonculus flesh collection army am I gonna be playing an unfair army?
Like OP? No in fact the Coven is the weakest of the three sub factions within the Dark Eldar. Also never get scared away from an army you like because the spergs on Veeky Forums said something. Play what you like because you like it, not because you're afraid that you'll hurt little Timmy's feeling by winning.

I've done that. It went fine. We've got houserules for bringing Sigmar into 40k, and it works alright.

What are you gonna prox them as? I rarely care when someone proxes.

Cool, now these units seem really CC heavy. What's my best way of taking my fleshworks and penetrating my foes quickly?

So why didn't GW just make these guys both what they are in AoS and make rules for them as squats because no one would have batted an eye if they did.

>warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/new-ways-to-customise-your-tanks/
Looks like Forge World is selling another WAAC product, fucking Fascists.

If only they had malice/malal themed doors I would get some in an instant.

>Those eight pointed chaos starred dark wing doors

Do they even try and hide it anymore?