Warhammer 40kg

Under the radar edition

>Warhammer Community news(Forge World Preview: The First Ever Primaris Super-heavy)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/12/forge-world-preview-the-first-ever-primaris-super-heavy/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Craftworld Mymeara Armour. (embed)

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/462KBuAhncU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Orks r best

>Warhammer
>40 kilograms
That's a big hammer.

gork>>>>>>>>>mork

I like Sisters of Battle

I like trains.

I like turtles

What is the most cheese army and composition for 8th edition so far?

Dropping scions with special weapons backed by 20 punisher leman russes

Necrons, Spam Tomblades and Crypteks.

OP, tell me what happened to my Daily Duncan ?

Thomas the Daemon Engine children's show when?

It's shit, like the cover, the title and OP as a whole.

Any good reason not to chop the plagueswords off my DG champions?

>Daily Duncan is shit
I can' let y̵͎o̩ṳ̮͠ ͖̼̱͚͟sa͇̰͓y̫ ̵̖̳̯t̖͈͎̣̩̠h̸̝a̯͜t

Question: is the relic Contemptor dreadnought worth it?

I'm crunching the numbers cause I want to put one into my Exorcists army, but I'm stuck whether the cost is justified or not; for 233 points I can nab a T7/W12 2+/5++/6+++ beast with a twin lascannon and S14 AP-4 D4 chainfist. The chainfist is a real draw, cause with 2+ to hit, it means he can punch clear through a rhino or any of the >12W T7/3+ tanks with no problem whatsoever.

On the flip side, it's a hefty chunk of change, and I'm not sure how worthwhile the lascannon is. I think a big draw is he can Tank quite a bit of firepower; it takes like 14 lascannons, 40-something autocannons, etc.

Anybody have experience with the little fella?

Why has GW run out of plastic Wracks, just when i need 3 boxes of them?

I'm still new, trying to decide what army I want to start with. I like the Adeptus Mechanicus. First off, are you allowed to mix them with other human armies, like the guard and space marines? Second off, if so, is a 'pure' Adeptus Mechanicus army viable? And finally, if not, is it okay making customs, like ripping off a space marine's arm and giving him a robotic bolter arm so he'd fit in more with the AM? I'm far from WAAC, but I'd like to win sometimes.

>youtu.be/462KBuAhncU

Y̡̛̼̳͎̰͇̠̯͖̞̳͎͔̳̩̠͘ͅO̹̯͈̱̳͍͍͓̥͓̠̕͜͠ͅU͔̯͓̗͚̱͓̪̕ ̢̤̘͉̹̰̜̜̥̰̫̮͉̣͈͙̹̠͕̮͡S̢͔̙̰̩̦̠̫ͅH͓̯̟̫͜͜͝O̢͍̟̗̖͇̰͎͍̪͙Ù̷̴̫͍̳̠͈̝͙͚̹͓͓͇̯͍Ļ̘̯̳̤̜͓̮͖͚̰̳͍͜͝͡ͅD̸̫̺̥̪͖̺̩̖̺̹̤̩̞́͝͠ ̡̰̟̼̗̘͙̪̭͔̳͇͚̺͍̟̼̀͟͠H̨͉̭̹͈͟A̛̯̳̠͉͇̖̮̤̫̯̱̩͠V̨͚̺͎̬̯̯̮͓͚͍͇͓͔͟͢͢Ę̴̧̤̝̠͉͚͇̣̗̫̯̰̰̀͝ ̡͉͇̝̞̣̬̼̹̝̰̩͘Ṋ̵̣̫̯̘̘͓̳̼̱̤̰̀͢O̸̻̠̝̩̫͎̻̥̩͇̮̩͉͢T̵̺̗͎͈̝͠ ̮̝̘̰̣̭̜͔̳͔̫̜͇̞̦̳̀̀̀S̴̡̰̳͍͓͉̬̤̤͕̼̬̣͢͜͝A̛̗̦͙̮̬̭͚̭̩͎͓̱͖̩̰̼̮Ì̡̛̫̻̠͇̗͈̗̼̺̖̻̫͙͍̠̝̻̝͜͝D̢̢̯͕̪̰̙͙̀T̝̹̦͙̣̯̼̙͕̖̣͓́͜Ḩ̛̟͙̯̺̣̺̜͈̬͓̤̭͠͞Á̵̜̙͚̬̼͙̻́͝ͅT̶̼̠̼̞̙̟̗̼͇̘̥͙͖̜̣̮͖́̕͡ ̷̳̗̦̹̘̮͇͚͢͝Ą̣̳̝̦̫̜A̶͎̗̭͉̣͎̺̥̪͙̟̱͜͟ͅͅḨ̴̟̺͔̠̜̳͖͞À̞̰̪͇̫̜͚̠͔̫̼̮̣͍͖̼̪͢͞H̸̳̩̗̜͔͇̳̱̹͍̗̥͢͝͝R̜͍̖̪̼̫͖͕̥͟͠ͅR̸̶͍̥̼̦̜͖͈̯̬̻͟͝͡Ŕ̵̵̟̯̦̺͝H̸̦̠͚͖͕͕̼͕̜̀͟͝H̴̢̖̬̮͍͎̱̱̳̀

>First off, are you allowed to mix them with other human armies, like the guard and space marines?
Yes. However, unless each group in the mix has it's own detachment, they don't get the benefit of things such as Doctrines, Canticles and Chapter Tactics.

>Second off, if so, is a 'pure' Adeptus Mechanicus army viable?
I believe so, most armies are viable on their own.

>And finally, if not, is it okay making customs, like ripping off a space marine's arm and giving him a robotic bolter arm so he'd fit in more with the AM?
Absolutely. There's an entire first founding chapter that has good relations with the Ad Mech and loves replacing their flesh with robotics: the Iron Hands.

There are a number of fantastic ways to do what you want, and as an Admech player that's done most of them, I'm happy someone else wants to walk the path of the machine god.

>I like Adeptus Mechanicus
Good, you have great taste in models and lore. We're the last truly grimdark army, with chaos or DEldar coming to a close second. Plus who doesn't love bein' a murderous cyborg general?
>are you allowed to mix with other allies
Yes, and they can all be in one Detachment, but to get canticles and dogmas (which you really need desu) each one needs its own detachment.
>is pure Mechanicus viable?
Yeah, for sure. Not the toppers per se, but solid mid-tier overall, but definitely having the weakest Codex. Electro-priests, sniper rangers, onagers, and kastellans are superhero winners though.
>is it okay making customs
100%. If you want allies, consider close friend marines like the iron hands, sons of medusa, or steel confessors (I play the last, cool scheme). Or just make your chapter friendly to the omnissiah. As for Guard, pretty much same deal. Fluff of Forgeworld supplied regiments and such are very common, and using conscripts with a commissar as tech-thralls with a servitor-seer would be very powerful (but don't be a waacfag)

Overall great army, good luck!

Is Imotekh a trap for your list? I can't see how to make best use of his rerolling 1s for flayed ones considering he can't deep strike with them. His stat line and other abilities also don't seem to be worth the 228 points he asks for.

>Electro-priests
I was kinda hoping they suck, since I don't really like their models. How crazy can you get with customs? Could I, theoretically, make something like one of those plasma globes with arms and legs and have them count as electro-priests? Or do they still have to recognizably be the model they're supposed to be?

>Could I, theoretically, make something like one of those plasma globes
Plasma globe?

Or whatever the hell they're called. Something like Tom Servo, but not silly looking. It wouldn't be too hard to find a small marble or a bead like them, but I was just talking theoretically so I know if there are any customization limits.

So on making a German/Whermacht themed IG tank unit to ally with my DA. And i want to keep the grimdark of 40k.
DKOK ? Steel legion ?
Where can i find German themed tank officers (with gas mask preferably) / Heavy machine guns and stuff ?

I'm building Electrosquats as we speak.

I say Steel Legion, only because DKoK are overdone

As long as your consistent.
Some user is using Kairic Acolytes.
If you do go with your idea a GW Store may not let you use them for not using GW models

Steel Legion is the Wehrmacht Panzergrenadier inspired faction.

This guy literally told you man.

Alright, I have a lot of time to think up something to do with them. Though the store nearest me isn't a GW store so I might be able to get away with something more there.

Me any my brother are both starting. I could still be talked into a different army, but I think he's settled on Space Wolves. Are they any good?

Space Wolves have always been decent, as far as I know.

Buddy's birthday is on 21st. I was hoping Nid codex would be out by then so we'd know what's good and what's not but it seems Eldar will be first. What's a fun, safe bet to get him under $50 that won't fuck ME over like to more boxes of Genestealers? I don't know much of Nids. He's got a swarm of Gaunts, goyles, and stealers already plus a few Carnifex warriors and a Flyrant or two. Just got himself a Trygon earlier this year.

I think the Maleceptor is a banging model, and is basically synapse creature that will never really die
They aren't that common in lists tho - i'd ask him

t. Xenos player since 5th

That's the big ass brain bug right? I thought they were shit in 7th despite looking cool. I assume 8th improved them? Is that also the Toxicrene box? I always thought he needed one. I'll look into them!

iirc they're the same box, and yeah
8ed basically made them a ded 'ard synapse MC

That would make for an excellent Void Shield Generator with some work, and that's a decent way to keep the heat off your gunline.
All those things you mentioned are 100% viable, and Admech has so much scope for conversions to make fluffy allies it's not even funny. I'm planning a space whale, custom Magi and Enginseers, assassins, Rat-Ogre Kataphrons, all kinds of stuff, and the kits have loads of spare parts to play around with. If you don't like an aesthetic you make your own counts-as, and if you don't have good Admech rules available for something you ally in a good Guard or Marine unit or whatever and convert it into an Admech one. Fluff potential is through the roof.
What do you want to go for strategy-wise? Read the 1d4chan tactics page, a kind user tricked it out with plenty of good advice a few days ago.
I'm on my phone, can someone post the Bellicosa Potentis Omnissiah that lists all the disciplines and cool cults to mess with?

>Someone mentioned my conversions
Thanks user. Feels good.

Am I getting this right and with the right upgrades (focused entirely on point gain) I could get ~1000pts with the SC! Deathwatch?

Only problem is it doesn't fit in my $50 Amazon card but that DOES look boss.

If you're limited to $50 or so, I'd just get three warriors. It's not the most exciting choice, but should be solid and useful. And as you've noticed, most of the big gribblies cost more than that.

>GW has jewed non brits again
I pity you colonials sometimes, maybe get him some warriors/lictors?

If you take the most expensive gear you can on every models no matter how poorly they perform individually and combined, maybe.

The box has ~500 points of models.
SO you'll need to spend another 500 on wargear.

Probably, but its not a very smart idea.
Rather buy the SC! and something else, like some Terminators, the DW flyer, or even a second SC! box.

That's my thought since his three got very melty in his car over the summer. Plus he can customized these new ones for SWA. Shame you can't just buy A SINGLE Carnifex

>What do you want to go for strategy-wise?
I'm pretty flexible, but I like tactics that focus on survivability. Tanky, range, hit and run, stealth, that kind of thing. Necrons seem a bit TOO slow, but I love the way they revive, and Tau seem like they'd honestly be boring to play as and against, though I really like the tidewall. The AM seem like they're tanky, but not too slow. Ranged, but with enough other options to keep things fun.

And then there's aesthetics. Necrons are cool, but don't really have a good wow unit. For Tyranid, I really don't like Termegants, which seem essential. Space Marines I find a bit boring since they're the poster child. But just AM, pretty much ALL their units are 'wow, that looks really cool' tier.

I was fine with everything but the heads, so I put some Stormcast Eternal heads on em.

Speaking of AdMech, anyone want to critique my 2k Brigade? I'm trying to decide on what to buy to have a nice, balanced list.

Any good kitbashes of malal daemons?

Those look way better already. I was thinking going Terminator with them using Necron heads or something.

One idea I had was really fucking with lore and things, and it won't happen for a long time. I was thinking of getting a knight, but then ripping the front open and putting a cockpit with a skeleton in it along with some kind of receiver or handler on the base like the pilot had died and now a techpriest is controlling it.

Can someone redpill me on Tartaros Terminators?
I'm thinking of adding 10 shooty Terminators to my army, and I dont know wheither to go Tartaros or Indominatus (Bulldog). Cataphractii are out cause they are too slow, and their special weapon has no range.
Another reason I'm thinking Tartaros is because its a much newer kit with alot more dynamic and cool poses over the old Termie kit.

So what I'm asking is:
>Are the Tartaros special weapons worth it over the normal Asscan/Misslie Launcher
>Is the extra 1" movement even noticable in game
>Are shooty Termies even good at all/How do you use shooty Termies effectively

I've been finding good luck by combat squadding them into 5 lightning claws on one squad, then two stormbolters, two heavy weapons and a plasma sergeant on the other squad.

Oh wow there really is no way to buy a single Carnifex on Amazon. That saddens me.

Could i use fluff to justify having a unpainted army?

Try ebay.

I don't know. How would a guy have a grey face? Was he turned into stone?
Or do you mean an unpainted grey armour? You could make a Primaris army who's still not assigned to any chapter and they still fight as a group of just Primaris waiting to be separated.

Maybe your guys are from volcanic planet and covered in grey ash?

And as consequence everyone gets to reroll hits and wounds against your lazy ass

The fluff is built in such a way as to make virtually anything justifiable, the Death Guard even had unpainted armor canonically pre-heresy. Now mind you, unpainted ceramite isn't the same color as unpainted plastic, but nonetheless, if you really want to bitch out, there are excuses available. Just recognize they're still excuses and most real people don't care whether or not your excuse is supported by fluff.

Or you can just tell your opponent you are a lazy piece of shit.

Is GW planning to re-release them in plastic. Because i can't see a very large range.

SoB would wreck that

No. My five year old can paint so can you.

To be fair SoB are probably the strongest army in the game right now. There's not much they can't beta strike.

What are you currently building /40kg/?

I'm working on some squats right now

Why would you do that.

Yeah it sucks.

Admech can be allied with Imperium armies and is great on it's own. And yeah, those customs are called conversions and kitbashes and it's where loads of the fun of the hobby lies for a lot of people, making their own unique dudes.

Admech are good right now though man and if you want you can mix them with other armies using seperate detachments, so you'd have 2 different detachments in your army, 1 guard and 1 mechanicus. You could just use 1 Imperium detachment but you loose access to specific buffs such as the admech's Canticles.

If you want to play admech I'd say grab the starter box and another box of Vanguard.
Then you've got a Dominus for a HQ, up to 4 squads of ranger/vanguard with special weapons and a Dunecrawler which has guns for nearly any kind of enemy.

From there you can add heavy firepower with more tanks, some close combat with our Elites like Sicarians or Electro priests or even Dragoons. Or you can go full gunline and take more Rangers/Vanguard, Kataphron destroyers and that sort of thing.

It's a pretty fun army to play but our main weakness is a lack of psychic units so we can't deny or cast spells without an allied army such as by bringing Guard psykers.

>sucks
>5 year old
gee I wonder why that would be

Because my son is learning hand eye coordination and loves to play his firehawks.

Why do you paint and/or play?

Nah. At best you can pull the "ghosts" malarkey, but that still involves spraying the whole army one colour then drybrushing them another.

Let him paint minis at age of 8, not when he won't even remember it and wont appreciate it.

He should be drawing and painting on paper, you silly moose.

If want to encourage the user to paints, atleast give him a 5 years old's better product like pic related.

A five year old can do better freehand than me. This hurts.

>5-year old
>freehands better than most people at my lgs

Since GW doesn't let IG sergeants to have lasguns and 19th century style pistol and sword doesn't sit that well with the theme of my regiment, what's a good way to make like a short carbine/SMG for the sergeant? The old Kasrkin sergeant has a larger pistol, so it's not out of the question. So far I've come up with 3 alternatives.

1) Cut down a hot-shot lasgun and make the scope into a reflex sight type thing. Don't know if it'll still be too big.
2) Slap a stock and a foregrip to a Cadian laspistol. Sort of MP5k/Mac-10 style thing.
3) Old tank crew carbine cut down.

Or are there any good 3rd party weapons that's fit with 40k aesthetics and scale, and make a good laser SMG/carbine?

That's not a 5 year old doing that. He's saying the 5 year old should paint Orks instead of Space Marines. He showed us an example of what to paint in stead.

Just give them bolters.

Pretty sure there's Carbines on the Sicarian Ruststalker/Infiltrator kit. It's an option for them to take at least.

IG Sergeants can take boltguns, so just do that.

pointing arm + holster at hip?

Turns out I'm autistic, nevermind.

Ok I may have lied, he's 8 years old.

Out of curiosity why are some people super trigger about SoB being top tier. Is not like you'll ever face them on the table. Specially when the people bitching do not seem to play the game.

(Bloody Post Gods ate my char limit post)
Sounds like Stygies 8 would suit you down to the ground, they do literally all of those things well with an option for a pretty devastating melee sucker punch if your opponent doesn't see it coming.

I wrote a summary of Forge World choice for another user last night, so I'll repost that:

You play Mars you need Cawl. They're nothing special without them, but with him they're "Vanilla Admech, effectiveness x1.50"
Roll Shroudpsalm every turn, pack his Reroll Hits bubble full of Kastelans and Dunecrawlers, profit.

In any other Forge World you'll probably want to vary things a bit more, but some things stay reliable.

The star units for everyone are Dunecrawlers and Kastelans.
Kasties shoot a lot of decent-strength shots and mow through Marines, light vehicles and generally anything smaller than a Land Raider. Slow as hell, can't melee for shit but tough. Screen 'em, shoot stuff, simple.

Dunecrawlers are all-around solid battle tanks. About 2.5 lascannons in strength with the Neutron Laser, quite reliable, decent supplementary dakka and can be repaired easily by your HQs. Take two minimum, but nobody will blink if you double that at 2.5k. I only have two, I feel I need another one so I can go 2 Neutron 1 Icarus.
Won't be outshooting Killshot Predators, out-tanking Death Guard or outranging Tau Hammerheads, but at no point will you ever feel like saying "aww man, my Dunecrawlers are totally outclassed here" against any of them and you'll almost always find a niche you can lever open. Give them what buffs you can, keep an Enginseer and probably a Dominus on hand to provide the wounded ones with some TLC and they'll hold down anti-armour rather well. Three Neutron Onagers are a OTK for a Leman Russ or Predator on average,so that's a good benchmark for a 2k list provided you're not going for heavy melee or something else effective but slightly crazy.

im stealing your idea

No one is triggered by them being so good. It's the opposite, no one cares. Everyone at my store bitches about the Guard players now, but no one minds the one autist nerd that hasn't lost a game of 8th yet with Sisters. He stomps the Guard players.

>What is the most cheese army and composition for 8th edition so far?

>Necrons, Spam Tomblades and Crypteks.

Well if they can endure the metal, good for them I guess.

Is he me? Since 8th dropped I haven't lost a single game with my SoB.
Im starting to consider starting GSC just to make the a fun again.
If Guard are the top tier army right now, then SoB are the God tier making them super boring to play with. Way too easy.

There's a great deal on a lot of models for what I eventually want my next army to be.
HOWEVER I'm slow as shit and have some unassembled and some unpainted stuff for my current army.
I have an addiction tg. Halp.

Pretty much this. Do GSC, they are fun. I play Guard myself, but the way I play I might as well be GSC.
Exactly.

4 squads of melta dominions in repressor.
basically 1000~ points of turn one alpha strike anti everything.

Nice b8 m8

Whats your favorite game type Veeky Forums?

I watched a couple of friends play an Eternal War:Scouring match (Ork v Admech) and I instantly (7 hrs later when the game finished) started to like it. Default objectives (slay the warlord, etc.) stay valuable even by game end, and it's one of the few times I've seen this Admech player leave his deployment zone.

Admech wins, by the way, by sacrificing rangers to a nob filled battlewagon coming around to pincer then running his whole force THROUGH the tide of boyz/boss/painboy. 2 models left in an infiltrator squad make a clutch 2 VP grab on turn 5 where the game ended. All that's left are 4 vanguard models, 2 infiltrators, 2 tech-priests, 1 enginseer, and a dunecrawler vs 10 rocket-nobs/ammo runts.

Bolters you dumb shit

for you

Don't want bolters.

Currently in the process of designing my 40k Blood Bowl teams

>mfw no single carnifexes on the internet
>mfw no carnifex gf