rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Last Thread

Devils or Demons?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/768zzq/if_you_sign_you_for_an_audible_trial_you_get_any/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fiends

Pick my next character for me.

Race, class, subclass, any defining feats, etc.

Rolled stats:

18, 16, 15, 14, 12, 10

how'd I do

Shit. Re-roll

Minotaur College of Glamour Bard

What is a good class to multi class a high Cha wizard? Should I get Bard? PHB + SCAG only.

Halfling Bladelock

>Not even a 20
Absolute garbage. Hope your dm let's you reroll.

Rolled 16, 5, 12, 2, 15, 8 = 58 (6d20)

What the different from a demon tiefling and a devil tiefling? Is It just lawful and chaotic?
I will roll stats for you

>playing on online roll20 game
>guy honest to god rocks up with a character sheet with a 19 saying he rolled it on some other dice site and thought it he could get it past me

Wow. Circle of the Moon cripple stats?

Rolled 16, 15, 8, 19, 18, 9 = 85 (6d20)

these are my stats

I mean technically he could have rolled an 18 and gotten +1 from racial mods.

Rolled 1, 3, 6, 3, 2, 3, 6, 2, 2, 6, 5, 6, 1, 4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 6, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5 = 94 (24d6)

I am feeling lucky. Dragonborn Warlock of Tiamat.
I would rather make a deal with demons than devil though.

Naturally, but this was before applying anything. Which he stated when I asked him to clarify how he got the number.

Str 12 +2
Dex 11
Con 15
Int 12
Wis 15
Cha 16 +1
Dragon fiend is the better of the two though.

Can any of you get this shit to work? I just wanna a phisical copy of ToA, but I don't have all that money for an adventure book

reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/768zzq/if_you_sign_you_for_an_audible_trial_you_get_any/

Maybe because I'm not from USA?

As ridiculous as it sounds sometimes, how do you make guns in D&D work well? They seem very underwhelming as a weapon option. I wanted to add simple firearms as a way to show the world progressing slightly, with a team-up of humans and dwarves discovering uses for blackpowder in the form of simple muskets and pistols. It would be rare and coveted technology at this stage but it seems like a crossbow or regular bow would outclass them for now. Is this the point, sort of?

All your melee party members are tieflings,
All your spellcasters are Aasimar.

Will you try it?

Honestly, the earliest guns were vastly outclassed by bolt/arrow weapons of the time. The advantage would be flintlock pistols (draw and blow one shot in half a second) and that muskets could had better penetration range, but consider long guns from even the 1800s vs good archers, a pro could let 10 arrows before a rifleman could shoot twice, but it took an afternoon to learn to shoot a rifle, a bow and arrow could take years to master (if you have ever gone to a shooting range and an archery range, you might know that you can get a bullseye your first session at the range, while a bow might take hours and hours of oractice just to handle with any competence

>What the different from a demon tiefling and a devil tiefling?
+1 Con instead of Int, weird-ass daily racial spells, +1 hit points per 2 levels, Abyssal language not Infernal and no resistance

Too powerful, reroll

Pretty sure early guns were more of a shock and awe weapon anyways

Rolled 16, 14, 13, 7, 8, 19 = 77 (6d20)

ok

Right. In DnD encounter-style combat, (early) guns would be useless compared to a bow in a good archer's hands.

In mass combat however, well, we've all seen the patriot

In terms of range, cost and availability, yeah crossbows outclass them.
The problem, really, is that 5e doesn't represent firearms' armour penetration like, say, Pathfinder does.

Also if you're wanting to have this be the dawn of black powder weapons, I'd suggest introducing fire lances rather than muskets.

This would be a decent Paladin.

How could I put them to use without being a mongoloid? I want to include them because, as I said, I want to show the world advancing. I have thought about how the people would use them and figured they would be nice "surprise round" weapons, pop off a shot and then charge or switch to another gun. Does that sound about right?

The party has traveled with a few dwarves and human warriors, the humans standing behind a dwarven shield wall that allows the human gunmen to shoot and reload at both close and long ranges. They've also taken high grounds and favored surprises against their goblin and hobgoblin enemies, working with the party to coordinate these things. They really do not like using the weapons, as their own stuff is far superior, which is fine. One of them wanted a brace of pistols, four or so pistols he could quickly use as a heavy damage weapon. I was considering a grapeshot option to make them more useful, almost like a sharpshooter thing, like a -5 to attack and +10 to damage.

What is a fire lance? Is that the japanese weapon you stick in the ground? I know they sort of took some Portuguese blackpowder guns and made their own shit. Matchlocks and stuff right?

of the barbarian paths confirmed, zealot, ancestral guardian, and storm herald, which are you most hype for?

i want to make a dragonborn (never made one and i been palying since 3.5) barbarian and want something different out of barbs.

In my setting, I have Hobgoblins as the current lead in firearms development. The main advantage they have over other races is Goblins.

Rather than waste time testing for reliability/safety, they just make 50 prototypes and send out a platoon of the little fuckers to raid a village somewhere

Then they send in some iron shadows to collect whatever's left and improve from there

You can trust a devil sometimes, but you can never trust a demon.

>Group full of murder hobo That Guys
>They literally get mad at me when i try to talk to NPCs
Fucking nine hells why can't i ever find a decent online game?

I guess I got lucky, them, found a pretty good party on my first try

Enjoy while it lasts.

How do they know what works and what doesn't? But how many goblins survive? Then why send in the shadows afterward?

There is no preview today, right?

Not on the weekends I don't think

Halloween approaches

DMs, what spooky adventures/encounters do you have in store for your players?

>What is a fire lance?
It's essentially a spear with a hollow tube strapped to it filled with gunpowder. It's essentially a flamethrower strapped to a polearm, and was one of the first blackpowder weapons.

For those of you who played Wild Sorcerer, how often did your DMs make you roll the Wild Magic table?

The pcs walk into a cave and a skeleton pops out.

>Play with close friends
>Can peer pressure That Guy into not being That Guy
All you need are friends

Last night they fought some zombie fish, zombie fishmen and flying shrunken heads. They were in the middle of fighting some flameskulls when Discord went down, so I've got to wait a week before I can finish fireballing the fuckers.
So all in all, a pretty spooky session.

Dragonborn Paladin of whateverthefuck or as close as you can get to a viable GW Hexblade Warlock.

the real difference is their heritage and appearance. demon tiefling and devil tiefling are the only two real subraces, though i believe the truth is that there are as many types of part-demons as there are demons. you might have a bone devil ancestor and look a bit like that, or a succubus ancestor and look like that, or a pit fiend ancestor and have physical traits like that and abilities or powers accordingly.

the fact that there is so much art of tieflings looking almost identical and homogenous is only due to it having become something of a trope, then later on after the fact the lore reason was added that asmodeous took dominion of all tieflings on toril and made them look devilish like him.

personally i like my tieflings to have some different looks depending on their real ancestor, thats how they are in my campaign

You answered your question pal, the shadows are either an evac team for the goblins, or they recover their corpses and what's left of the guns

Is there anything actually wrong with the black powder guns in the DMG? They're basically just more expensive crossbows with shorter range and higher damage dice.

You could go about adding all sorts of homebrew rules that make reloading them take longer or something, but firearms as written seem pretty straightforward.

Wizard questions:

Should i get Tenser's Floating Disk?

What creatures scare kobolds and dragons?

This son of a bitch at my table has been adding his racial attribute modifier to his rolls instead of his attribute for six months

Every time he's gotten an attribute increase at level up he's been adding that shit directly to his rolls instead of his attributes

Nobody's caught on until now because the one thing he's consistently forgotten to add to his rolls is his ACTUAL FUCKING ATTRIBUTE BONUS

WHAT DID THIS FUCKER THINK ATTRIBUTE SCORES ARE *FOR*

I'm taking over for our dm and putting together an amusement park run by a powerful Nilbog for a couple sessions while one of our main players is away

>New player on the campaign
>"Do you know how to play?"
>"Yeah, of course"
>Start game
>Ask him to roll Charisma check
>33
>A level 2 warlock
>Excuse me, now... what?
>Yeah, my Charima bonus is 18

Friends? You mean the spell?

Kender Arcane Trickster.

>18 Charisma at level 2
Did you let this dork roll stats
This is why I'm point buy only. The "difficulty" of pricing those points with their increasing costs weeds out a lot of bad-at-math fuckers, which solves most problems with players not understanding game mechanics

>want to go on adventure
>that guy of our group waste time talking with fucking shopkeeper.
>ohmygodwhy.jpg

Just to put it in perspective.

I let my players do whatever they want when creating they characters, but if they want to roll I roll for them and make sure it not too strong, I did got a 16, but his other stats are kinda bad, so it balances out.
But it doesn't matter anymore since I'm kicking him this week

How about you go play Diablo if all you want to do is murder stuff.

...you didn't run through it quickly when he first started, like "here's your attribute, here's your attribute bonus, when you roll a d20, you add the bonus plus proficiency bonus if it applies"? And now you're just gonna kick him?

Gunpowder weapons are fine for armies, but for an adventurer it is not ideal.
This is what I use.

I'm not kicking him because of that, there are plenty more reasons to not want him on my party.
A player invited him to my game and he turned out to be a edgylord with a shitty attitude who thinks he's a thug in and out of game.

Oh, fair enough then.

Are Artificers unplayable in their current state?

Just glancing over the class features, they seem extremely bad.

It seems like the not understanding the rules isn't even that big of a deal and you just want him gone because he's an asshole. Which is completely understandable, I'd definitely want him out too.

some of the high level spells are horseshit broken

feeblemind is like something straight out of 3rd edition

New day, new attempt for some feedback.

So, I'm having a small issue with the feature. I wanted this feature to work with spells like Vampiric Touch, but due to it now requiring concentration (That way it does not stack with Smite Spells, Haste, Bigby's Hand, etc.) this would not work. Do you think it should have?
Any feedback is appreciated.

>spells
>broken
Shh, don't say that, you'll piss off the casters.

Thankfully no one ever gets past level 10, so we don't have to worry about most of that shit.

Yeah, some of the save or suck spells are still kind of bonkers. You'd think with the lessons of concentration as well as effects that can be saved against each turn, you'd have no problems with that, but no.

Legendary resistances, my man

but i AM a caster, I just dont want anyone in the party using that shit and giving the DM a good reason to use it back against us

partly why I say yes when the DM asks us if we are happy at level 10

concentration worked great
"save this or pack up your shit and go home until next session" is fucking lame

>The creature can, however, identify its friends, follow them, and even protect them.

That's what I'm saying. They should have either made more of these long-lasting spells concentration, or made them so that the creature could make another save each turn to try and throw it off.

>wanting to spend literal hours of your life playing as a retarded commoner

>Should it have the concentration limitations put into this edition
Yes

Not completely unplayable, but still very badly designed.

>The spell can also be ended by greater restoration, heal or wish.
If you're getting hit by 8th level spells, you should most likely have access to a 5th level greater restoration.

yep, its still shit!

What cool things can i do with Silent Image?

Is Polearm Master + Sentinel always huge cheese?

Will there be any creature statblocks in Xanathar's? I'd like to have NPC monk stats in case any players decide to mess with the White Lotus priest

One of my friends is wondering if this is possible.

They're trying recreate one of their characters from Skyrim, who fought in close combat and summoned things to help them. Is this possible for 5e? I'm reading around myself and the problem seems to be If they are too good at casting, then their melee ability will suffer and vice versa.

Is there anything that could replicate this? Clerics perhaps? Or bladesinger wizards? Anything from unearthed arcana could work too. Please let me know if anything springs to mind.

oathbreaker paladin

That would just make them worthless.

NPC Monk stats are in Volos.

>That would just make them worthless.

Oh man would that be a real shame

Maybe you should tell this dude of yours not to play the same damn thing he's playing in a different setting and try something new instead.

Tortle strength rogue. Mastermind or Inquisitive

Probably USA only, but it *does* work. I've got Curse of Strahd on its way now for that sweet poster map.

5e doesn't usually have summoning as a very strong option in general. Animating dead is one, but generally summoning a bunch of skeletons is frowned upon by most people.

Alright keep it as is.

Really could you be more specific?

It requires you to burn through 5 sorcery points if you want to activate it all in one turn, otherwise, you are down to two turns/reactions to even pull this off. It does not function with concentration spells so it knocked off a ton of abusable or higher damaging spells and repeatable ones. It only functions with spell attack rolls, not saving throws as recommended. What else could you want it to do? Like right now these are the only spells that this feature works with...

>Scorching Ray
>Chromatic Orb
>Ray of Sickness
>Plane Shift
>Inflict Wounds
>Guiding Bolt

super easy to make a really gay OP barbarian with a dragonborn...

yes

Ah, right you are, I just wasn't looking hard enough

>hand it to any decent DM
>they read the second feature
>throw it in the trash
>bad dm keeps reading
>throws it in the trash after the third feature

just dont bother posting this anymore dude, for real.

Not that guy, but you do know that it's just an existing UA subclass that he swapped out the level 14 feature for for inane reasons?

Moon druid if they are fine with becoming an animal
Land druid if they want to use shillelagh, but cantrips will eventually be better
Cleric has spiritual weapon. It also has spirit guardians, which is sort of summoning things to help you, but it is essentially just an aoe around you for a while.

even official UA is dubious and they warn you its playtest material

I would at least like to know what's wrong with the third feature Stone Master's Channel. I did not make any alterations to the Stone's Aegis feature, I just swapped out the 14th level feature for fun and to figure out if theoretically, a feature like it could function in this game.