Would Lightning bolt be only reprinted as a mythic nowadays?

Would Lightning bolt be only reprinted as a mythic nowadays?

Why the fuck would it be reprinted as a mythic?

Maybe in a From the Vault.

Try Rare.

Only as an uncommon and being a fucking rarity on the uncommon rarity print run sheet similar to how Fatal Push was(u1 as opposed to others being u2 or u3).

People thought it would never be reprinted, and then it wound up in the core sets again.

And WotC has claimed that it was a terrible mistake and they deeply regret having done so. We won't see that happen again. Rare, at best, though it is likely we just won't see Bolt in Standard ever again.

Cause apparently thats now what a common looks like.

>wotc
>not rarity bumping

It would be at uncommon you fear monger, like it has in other recent sets.

This is what an uncommon looks like.

3 mana for a bolt at common
2 mana for a bolt at uncommon
so logicly 1 mana for a bolt at rare. but this is WoTC so WTF is logic so its a mythic.

Uncommon in non-Standard legal supplementary products.

Rarity only matters for limited.

And mythic would be unprecedented.

How's 0 drop for 3 to creature or player sound? At instant speed to boot? I'd love to see that.

>How's 0 drop for 3 to creature or player sound?
Broken.
>I'd love to see that.
In a joke set maybe.

For ixalan it does. That doesn't mean in future sets it will.

MAGIC MISSILE

bolt could be a common in a set with easy ways to regenerate creatures, or creatures that have upsides when they die.

They had a chance to print it in Born of the Gods and they failed

Regenerate is a mechanic that they dropped. It will never see print in any new set. apparently its too confusing.

you're fucking retarded. I'd also like to see a 0 cost damaging instant, but it should probably do 1.

No, shitposter-kun, it would not be reprinted at Mythic. It would never be printed again because Bolt was a fucking mistake that has made every format it's in worse.

gut shot isn't broken in modern, but it does see play

I like regenerate but the way they explained why its going away is one of the few and rare cases I agree with NWO (which I otherwise detest). I remember acutely unpacking a troll ascetic from a mirrodin booster when I was like thirteen, and my cousin having to explain the timing for regenerate, that it doesn't work from the yard, its a mechanic that is not intuitive at all and runs directly against how you expect it to as a new player.

There are red decks in Modern that don't even want bolt.

That doesn't change the fact that "dies to bolt" is format warping.

Any format is going to be influenced by whatever the most efficient removal spells are.

Yes exactly. I'm glad you understand why bolt is a problem.

If bolt is a problem, then removal spells as a category are a problem.

then following the trend it would be a rare

I do hope they replace it though. Maybe theyre going for using one-turn indestuctrible instead?

That is what they've said, yes. Gains indestructible until end of turn is the new regenerate.

t. retard

I guess the way to solve the bolt problem is to remove all removal spells because there will always be a best one

Im fine with that. Though it could change the idea of creatures that regenerated for 1-3 mana. Cause since its a straight up "cant die till end of turn" effect it would need a higher mana cost to be more balanced. Also makes -1/-1 spells more powerful.

Regenerate didn't save a creature from dying due to having 0 or less toughness anyway.

Oh. I guess i see the point about regenerate being a wee bit complex. Gotta say it left quite a legacy behind though.

I didn't know chimpanzees were able to use a keyboard, certainly actual people don't think that the slippery slope is an actual argument do they?

That's more for draft than anything.

You haven't made a case for why lightning bolt in particular is more of a problem than other removal in general.

P.S. Name-calling isn't an actual argument.

Rarity only matters in limited and weird formats like pauper.

Also, Lightning Strike sees Standard play.

because unlike other removal it can also be burn, and is also cheaper than other removal (doomblade and such)

They simply wont reprint lightning bolt in standard/draft sets.

Get over it.

Balanced by the fact that it's conditional based on toughness. It's also the same cost as other widely played removal (path and push in Modern).

Yeah, until you realize that most appropriately costed creatures below CMC 4 have a toughness of 3 or less, with very few outliers.

yes

Why would they reprint it at mythic?

Draft? They've got better things to put into mythic slots, even rare jank.

You don't rarity bump a bulk common that everyone has 200 copies of.

If it's ever printed again in a standard-legal set, it will be an uncommon again.
Said set, and everything within a year of it, will have any creature that costs 3 or more mana that's worth a damn have 4 toughness, haste, an ETB trigger, or a death trigger, just to compensate for Bolt and its mana cost.
That, or it will be surrounded by Open Fire as the next best burn spell for a year on either side such that it is the ONLY viable burn.
But it will not be a mythic or a rare. And it only wouldn't be a common because lollimited.

Then you realize that in a format with a deeper card pool, those outliers will actually start to constitute a large share of playables. In the same way people move towards efficient removal, they also move towards efficient threats.

They printed Lightning Bolt in Modern Masters 2015, which wasn't that long ago, so I could see them printing it in another supplemental draft set. It was uncommon there.

Sorry, guess that was an oversight.

Yeah lightning bolt can show up in special draft sets, but not mainline sets that feed into standard.

Which means that some creatures become worse, while other become better.

Yes which goes back to the complaint about it being format warping. What qualifies as a good creature in a meta with Lightning Bolt in it is very different from a meta without Lighting Bolt. It’s mere prescence changes how the game is played and designed in a way that Wizards doesn’t think is healthy for standard.

What qualifies as a good creature in a meta with Fatal Push in it is very different from a meta without Fatal Push. Its mere presence changes how the game is played. I suspect that a format where Doomblade was the premier removal spell would look different from a format where it was not.

Remember, we aren't talking about Standard here. The older formats are purposefully allowed to be more powerful.

they'll bring back regenerate with slightly simplified rules, and sell it as a "new mechanic!"

though the fact that bolts can hit walkers makes it less likely since it will make the kids sad

And again thats why you won't see lightning bolt printed in a standard set.

At most they'll make it uncommon in draft master sets.

We haven't been arguing about lightning bolt showing up in Standard though. The case that you've been trying to make is that bolt is a problem in every format that it's in.

There’s a difference between affecting the meta and warping it. Modern and Legacy have the power level and card pool to deal with Bolt. It’s a powerful card and the meta would be very different if it was banned, but the whole format doesn’t revolve around dealing with Bolt. Now whether or not removing Bolt would improve the eternal formats, I don’t know. But Standard, with its lower power level and smaller rotating card pool, doesn’t have the tools to deal with Lightning Bolt. You’re right, Bolt isn’t as much of an issue in other formats but in standard it changes everything.

Sorcery. Zero mana cost. Deal 3 damage to target player. At the end of your turn if there are 2 or more copies of card name in your graveyard, you lose the game.

I've only been playing magic since Theros and this triggers me

This is how regenerate should be, in my opinion.

It was printed at Uncommon in the new Archenemy product.

>certainly actual people don't think that the slippery slope is an actual argument do they?
fallacy fallacy

> implying rarity in a supplement product matters

Can't believe it's not in Iconic Masters, tho