Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Tidbit for next year, 3 new factions, 1 for Order, Chaos and Death(fuck Destruction!).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1WE8vG2XJsE
games-workshop.com/en-GB/searchResults?N=3281529261 1726014048 3206404541
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gib destruction bls

So I am new to AoS but was a big Warhammer Fantasy fan, and I have been looking through the factions. It seems I am interested in the Fire Dwarves and the Sky Dwarves. How do they play? I am not looking to for some army that is completely dominant. I am more looking for a fun to play and thematic army.

Has anyone seen the rules for the Phoneceum? I'm surprised there isn't some master leak of all the Firestorm abilities yet.

Fyre Slayers: stack saves to make them durable from their heroes. They have tunneling units to deepstrike, a few ranged units. They used to be over priced in terms of points, but they seem balanced now, though I haven't seem them played locally. Just get ready to roll lots of dice!

Karadron Overlords: introduced transports, and have a great amount of ranged units. They are lacking in melee, but use these melee units as bumps to prevent the enemies from reaching your boats. I've also never played against them, but that's the playstyles as far as I know.

tfw no one plays AoS in okinawa

Fire dwarves strong. Sky dwarves not strong. Both fine.

how do you play them without the boats, they cost a bit too much for me.

You probably wont want more than one Ironclad if that's any help to you.

Japan even likes Warhammer? I thought there was a small folloiwing for 40k and a smaller one for fantasy that all but dissolved after End Times

What armies in your local area isn't played/is only played by a few? For me it's Fyreslayers, one guy got the SC box, but still hasn't played a game with them.

American stationed here is all. I've seen locals playing 40k, but never AoS/

sister of thorns body on blood warrior legs, could this work for a female aspiring deathbringer?

SKAVEN WHEN?!

I think the size discrepancy is too large for that. The torso will look tiny for the huge blood warrior legs.

I don't think it could. Elves are generally slender, while chaos humans are kind of big. I would rather start modding Valkia.
Otherwise, I'd mod pic related.

They'd have *massive* legs if you did that, not to mention the clash of styles.

Other than one guy who just stated then, never seen anyone play FS. I'm the only Dispossessed and Brayherd player I know of. Local meta seems to have a lot of Sylvaneth.

Since gbh1 released I have not seen any aelves at all. There was 1 player before but he used male kith and 3 other dragons + 4 delf bolt throwers.

Since gbh1 he stuck to 40k cos it was easier to win at.

Soon

Sauce on the new factions? Unless you mean shadespire

aka never

That is what am trying to avoid. I don't have the money to spend so much on one model, they seem a bitch to transport too.
I was thinking about something like skywarderns 2x3 instead of the ships. 2-3 brotherhoods and same number of mortar armed thunderers. Don't know which leader is best for such an army, butI hope all of those would come to around 1750-2000pts.

>Tidbit for next year, 3 new factions, 1 for Order, Chaos and Death(fuck Destruction!).
You mean brand new?

I ordered Shadespire today; I'm really looking forward to it but I hope it doesn't go the way of Shadow War armageddon.... Dead.

Who had a chance to play Shadespire?
Im very intrigued by the fixed warbands but the necessity to get all the sets bothers me.
Well, at least you don't only buy the cards but entire teams as well.
Is the gameplay good?
Is it fast?
Is it worth it?

>Im very intrigued by the fixed warbands but the necessity to get all the sets bothers me. Well, at least you don't only buy the cards but entire teams as well.
Don't worry, I bet that a lot of people will be buying these packs just for neat models and then sell their cards cheaply
>Is the gameplay good?
Gameplay videos made me feel good about this game desu
>Is it fast?
30-40 min per game iirc
>Is it worth it?
Well, in my country it is 20% more expensive than the x-wing core set but it gives you few new models for "normal games", plenty of tokens, boards and shit. Imo it could be a little bit cheaper but the current price is better than fine

I had a demo game today, it's really good fun actually and quick to play.

tried x wing and dropped asap.
Got bored after a while and the meta was terrible.
For its price its not bad, i mean, with 20 bucks you get both the expansion cards AND an entire band, so you have a lot of shit to play at least.
Thanks a lot for the feedback man.
Im going to notthingham in one week, do you think they'll host demo tables? i really want to try it before buying it and fall into another money stealer.

>do you think they'll host demo tables
I'm sure that every store will have at least one core box open for demo games - especially UK stores

>how do you play them without the boats
You don't. They suck horribly if you don't bring their transports.

This new army tidbit is pure speculation, right?

Played shadespire in store today. Meh. I just can't take stormcast seriously. Thoroughly uninspiring.

What's the best way to make Ironjaws with a Roman Legion vibe?

>fuck Destruction
That hurts. I would be truly pleased with some new stuff like new models for BCR or allegiance abilities for such forgotten armies like Greenskinz or Gitmob

No one at either of my flgs play stormcast, I've never even seen one in person besides at a demo table at gw store.

Local meta is like:
brayherds x2
ironjawz x4
beastclaw x1
aelves and 5 wizards x1
aelves and dragons x1
sky dwarves x2
soulblight x1
skeleton blocks x1
nighthaunt x1
khorne demons x1
archaeon khorne x1
sylvaneth x2
seraphon x2

Anyone watch the new Warhammer Weekley?
Guest was Rob of Warhammer TV, GW facebook and Youtube, and he was answering some questions.

Source: youtu.be/1WE8vG2XJsE
Skip to 1:22

Vince asks "are Stromcast just the Space Marines of AoS?"
>Uncontrollable laughter
>Yes, Yes, Yes
>No points was a mistake
>Says "and honestly, THE BACKGROUND OF AOS WAS A MISTAKE"
>Yes, stormcast and space marines are "absoultely identical", they even have bolters now.

Thoughts? Will SCE ever recover?

>skip to 1:22
>no fuckin word about SCE

seems about right, though they do mention
>Are sce the space marines of AoS? Of course.
>Is that bad? No.

>the big question is "is that bad?"

> new player
> playing first spire of dawn game with a friend
> hes elves, im skaven
> pretty good back and forth but his Warden is crushing my left flank hard
> manuever warpfire throwers
heh heh heh this'll do i t
> attempt to melt the Warden
> MORE MORE FLAMING DEATH
> 1
> deal 1 wound to self

:(

NO YOU FLEA-MEAT! BURN THE ELF-THING!

> next turn
> warlord dies
> hail mary shot to save the game
> its up to the warpfire throwers
> MORE MORE FLAMING DEATH!
> 1

They went up in flame and I lost the game.

Fuckin love skaven

Also, found out my little mock games against myself were all wrong. I had been rolling 2d6 for battleshock and was always wondering why I would lose entire units by the end of turn 2.

Turns out you only use 1d6. The games workshop employee who showed me how to play was wrong :\

DEATH BECOMES A REAL FACTION WHEN?!?!?

Well, death has 3 armies with allegiance abilities and one with a battletome so it's not like you have no options to play with but what death really needs is a posterboys army. Order has SCE, Destruction has Ironjawz and Chaos has Khorne - Death has nothing so imo GW will release a brand new death faction

1 hour 22 minutes, not 1 min 22 sec.

Is there any way to build a playable mono-greenskinz/greenskinz and gitmob army that will not get tabled every time? I really like these goofy and hideous models but I have no idea how to run them properly. Orruk Warboss on boar seems to be a decent buffer and gitmob grots with bows and warmachines might work as a nice ranged support

>Squats weak
Did they nerf them?

Post your shadespire warband

Khorne for me.

Well, I'm gonna buy the core set and all booster warbands but I wanted to focus on orruks. Their feet turn out to be parts of their bases and I don't really like this. Yeah, I can just cut them off but it's still so fuckin stupid. Probably gonna stick with skellies and use other warbands mainly as models for skirmish games

Probably skaven once they're out

Dwarves when they release.

what is shadespire? is it replacing age of sigmar?

games-workshop.com/en-GB/searchResults?N=3281529261 1726014048 3206404541

Have Nurgle or Brayherds gotten a warband yet?

I don't want to be mean but can't you just look on the GW site? We have been talking about this game for few months now every thread.

No, no warbands for Nurgle or Brayherds. For now we know about Liberators and Bloodreavers in the core set and ardboyz and skellies next week iirc. Also from the shadespire art we know about clanrats, vulkite berzerkers, sce hunters and blood warriors. There is a rumour that GW will release about 8 new warbands per year

how does night haunt play?

You can choose a Banner of Khorne for Bloodsecrator in the skirmish warscroll builder. Is this a bug or maybe rules actually allow to do this?

>With rules and boards in the box, this is your essential starting point for Shadespire, and you’ll need a copy even if you’re intending to play with the Sepulchral Guard or Ironskull’s Boyz expansions
Why can't they just sell game boards, tokens and dice in the essentials box

I will most likely not get into shadespire because I am not a fan of that style of game, but if I did I would like to do KO if they do it. I doubt they will do dispossessed. Maybe fyreslayers

Hey Im new to age of sigmar, should pick an army with a battletome or are the other ones just as viable?

They do! In the Blades of Khorne book anyone with the Totem keyword (just the bloodsecrator) can take a banner with a neato extra ability.

They then proceed to talk about where the differences are and how they are actually pretty cool.

Stormcasts will do just fine. I honestly wasn't expecting more than an echo chamber on them though, as Vince notoriously has absolutely no interest in them.

I do agree that they are pushed too much.

viable as well. Some armies don't have battletomes but still have allegiance abilities in the GHB17 like wanderers and nighthaunt.
You should pick the army you like fluff and aesthetic wise. GW can release a battletome every day or change rules and point values so don't stick with an army just because it is good right now

Battletome armies do have an advantage because of additional rules and options. But chasing the meta of the game is the biggest mistake for any new player. Pick an army that interests you the most aestetically, because most of your time will be spent on the hobby side. Make sure it's an army that interests you long term. The meta constantly shifts.

man i love waiting 3 weeks for GW to restock the item i need, any day now..

Oh, that's great. It thought that banner of Khorne is a part of BoK allegiance abilities so you can't really use it in skirmish games

Well, the banners count as "artefacts of power", I'm not familiar with skirmish rules

Khorne initially until Skaven are released. I will probably play the Sigmarines a few times as well just for the 'know your enemy factor'. If the Skaven warband is dissappoint I will pick up the Ironjawz instead.

I am hyped as fuck, preordered the game. I am going to push Shadespire in my local community and try and create a tournament scene for it.

So guys, what are you looking forward to in Shadespire?

Looking forward to alpha striking the skellington warband leader on turn 1 to fuck their shit up.

Skeletons
I'm going to get the box set as well, but keep the Khorne to teach friends to play, and sell the stormistake eternals or trade them.

If this is covered in the general resources somewhere, can someone point me to the doc for me to read?

I'm hoping I can get a run down of what each faction's playstyle is like. I've got a friend who is interested in AoS but he doesnt know what army to buy to get into, so if I can just get a quick blurb of each faction so I can say "If you like ranged play, go with these guys, if you like magic heavy, go with these guys, etc"

Yes. Sigmarines sold so bad that they released new game just for them.

Sounds like you need to make more defence rolls!

Because it's the starter set, intended to get people playing ASAP. That means giving them everything they'd possibly need for a game.

Gobbos for me.

Anyone know some good shops or stores I could buy pre-made terrain pieces at, maybe themed? or not is fine.

Im not very creative enough to get some foam and make my own but I wouldnt mind buying a few pieces

whatcha workin on /aosg?

The mail has arrived at last, and I'm working on my new project: stormcast! Their postures and clothes are dynamic and flavorful, but those masks really rob them of character in my opinion. So I'm giving them manly beards and, well, faces! These are a warrior tribe of mighty barbarians who worship the old sigmar, even while being honored with reforging from the new one.

They won't all be fyreslayer heads and mohawks, but like 20 of them will be :D

The Grand Alliance books have unit lists for most armies in the game, and battletome armies' lists are in said tomes. The links should be in the OP. Note that they do have army lists for battletome armies, but these lists are mostly from before the tomes came out.

Yea I could go through all the grand alliance books but I was hoping someone more knowledged in them already could give me a quick run-down of each. That way I dont have to go and learn all the warscrolls and decipher how best to strategize them myself

Ease of access - Having it all bundled in a single box makes it easy for anyone to pick up and can net them people who wouldn't otherwise know how to sit down and figure out what separate components that would need to buy to play the game.

It's also going to do wonders sold to parents at Christmas time when little Timmy asks for Warhammer and they have no idea how to approach the hobby.

>I'm working on my new project: stormcast!

Okay, so:
Order: does everything. There are factions in it that fit every playstyle you could think of. Versatility is the order of the day.
Chaos: rush into melee, for the most part. The ones that have the option of not doing that are Skaven Skryre and Tzeentch, but they're limited to kiting tactics and shooting spam.
Death: Rush into melee, keep your banners and wizards alive because oh boy are your dudes fragile. Flesh-eater Courts are the exception here: keep your Courtiers alive so that your units have some staying power.
Destruction: Like a cross between Order and Chaos, with more emphasis on the "wreck shit" aspect. Tends towards high-risk, high-reward playstyles and lots of randomisation and dice rolling.

Sorry for the extremely basic rundown, but that's all I could think of off the top of my head.

>not playing stormcast
>not getting constant updates
>not playing GW's favourite army
>current year

Why bother?

Khorne and Nurgle will be getting updates up the ass. Whenever they do something for 40k chaos, AoS will get stuff too.

what's with al the warhounds user?

>whatcha workin on /aosg?

i made reins for my chariot, started painting my centigors and did some work on my tree

Still Longbeards.
Well, taken a moment to quickly finish up a hill I plan on using for Armies on Parade. It looks weird because I gave it loads of tiny patches of snow, but since it needs to be able to have models on it, I can't give it to many large, more realistic looking patches, since it would either get damaged, or would be to uneven of a surface for the model.

Models seem to fill up the spaces fairly well, but I guess if I have time when I finish the Longbeards I should decide how I want to place everything and decide if I want to make any larger patches.

>Beastman bro plays the most manly and feral race in AoS
>Becomes faggot
Damn shame.

I guess all these beastmen players are sick of Tshirt saves.

No free peoples in Shadespire; why even bother.

I'm bcr user and wanted to try a huge skal of 2x hunter and 2x cat, 2x cat, 6x cat.

Frost Sabers are finecast and 2 for $17.
Chaos Warhounds are plastic and I bought a box of 10 for 20 bucks.
Same base size too, and the frost saber sculpt is dumb so here we are.

How many of you play legacy armies?

yo I like how these look!
Oh, your local meta must be different than mine. We have about 20 regulars and nobody plays stormcast, so it's pretty new to me. They're so far pretty good to kitbash with and look really easy to paint - I'm gonna try zenithal highlighting for the first time too.

I do.
Also reminder mostly legacy units WON the AoS GT

How's Nurgle looking?

Me, except for KO. Started with Dispossessed, then started Brayherds, have both Spire of Dawn armies lying around waiting to be finished, and a Wanderers army half started.

maybe he bought a getting started with aos booklet. i also have that strormcast dude.see pic related, we're not sure yet if sigmar was a mass murderer so the mini won't be toppled yet. now go troll somewhere else please

>I'm bcr user and wanted to try....

go paint that shit up user! throw some treebark or cork on the bases and do some nice rocky wintery theme. if you alreade have the hunters the ten dogs should only take you a couple of hours

also, you using chaoshounds for bcr, i'm using the sabercat thing as basis for my beastmen chariot and the ogers themselfs for my dragon ogres, and my chaos warhounds are made of lotr wars. GW must have hade their intruction manuals mixed up or something

>brayherds x2

do you have a rough description of their lists? are they a good army in your meta?. i want to try them with thunderscorne, i already have a shaggot and two dragon ogres, but i must paint a lot of gors and ungors before i get to them so i have time to get more models. i know thunderscorne are not that strong but i really like the models and i'm not a big fan of minotaurs

>we're not sure yet if sigmar was a mass murderer
wat

Of the five people that actively play in this town, three of them play Nurgle.

In all honesty and stealing an idea from last thread, just play greenskinz using Freeguild rules. Because if you actually play greenskinz, you're just going to want to slit your own throat.

S H E K E L S
H
E
K
E
L
S

>tfw I have Nurgle but haven't played yet, I just liked the models.

I don't want to be a common fag.