Picked it off a homebrew someone posted. It's a superhero generator like many games have...

Picked it off a homebrew someone posted. It's a superhero generator like many games have, but very simple and vaguely oriented towards tongue-in-cheek parodies of the genre.

How about we roll ourselves some potential Champions characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVFHNAhpoJg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 1, 10, 9, 2, 2, 5, 1, 6 = 36 (8d10)

OK, if you didn't start, I'll make one.

Let's see what this gives you: an investigative journalist who's into snowboarding (90's much?), whose name contains some combination of two of "Shadow/Wonder", "Girl/Woman" and "Winter/Thunder" (my suggestion is go full 90's with "Shadowthunder"). Their origin story a government experiment, which is very typical of 90's heroes, so that's good, they're a single parent (huh?) and their identifying characteristic is a face obscuring mask.

Basically you Rob Liefield now.

Rolled 1, 3, 1, 9, 1, 3, 5, 4 = 27 (8d10)

Let's have another go at it:

So, a demigod war veteran named "Colonel Tiger"? I can dig that. Even the hair with dyed stripe can be explained easily enough. It's a tiger stripe.

Rolled 2, 4, 10, 6, 4, 9, 10, 1 = 46 (8d10)

Alright, may as well.

>Scientist
>Gourmet Chef
>[Adjective Alliterative to the second component]
>Dr./Lord
>Cyborg
>Deal with the devil
>Sweet Tooth
>Goatee

The Diabolical Dr.Cyborg is a brilliant cybernetics expert who installed his finest works onto himself. When they, and thus his body, began to fail, he cut a deal with hellish beings to gain access to enough alchemical ingredients to whip up some mystically healing/sustaining recipes.

He now travels the world seeking certain items valuable enough to pay off his infernal debt as well as strange flora and fauna to make into new meals and/or inspire new cybernetic creations.

This sounds like something Stan Lee came up with on a bad day

Rolled 4, 10, 3, 5, 5, 5, 1, 9 = 42 (8d10)

>some potential Champions characters?
Eh, I think I'll go Marvel Heroic instead. Still, should be fun. The layout looks familiar--this is from that WANG thing that got posted, right?

Pulled a randomized name: Marko Hill.

A circus performer named "The Dark Butterfly" using alien technology. That's not bad.

Rolled 4, 6, 5, 9, 10, 1, 8, 10 = 53 (8d10)

>The Dark Butterfly

Not The Crimson Cancer? Former crab fisherman who now hosts his own seafood cooking show live from Vegas by day while protecting innocents as a bandoleer bestrewn vigilante by night after a horrifying encounter with an alien artifact on the open seas?

I stand corrected. You have shamed me.

I wish this thing had a powers roll too.

Rolled 7, 2, 10, 4, 5, 7, 6, 9 = 50 (8d10)

rollan

>Billionaire dilettante birdwatcher
>Countess Butterfly
>Science accident
>Jewish
>Belts and bandoleers

Alright you glorious fuckers, tell me what her power is.

>Alien technology
>Ethnic stereotype

So... Mexican Batman? With a mariachi theme to fit in the guitar hobby.

El ultra Ășltimo!

youtube.com/watch?v=fVFHNAhpoJg

I knew this link would be relevant one day!

You're on your own, but I'm seeing some kind of dark bronze age figure here who got turned into a human/insect hybrid obsessed with beautiful flying creatures who goes around in a dark costume filled with gadgets to steal rare specimens.

>Fighter Pilot Gourmet Chef

>Lord Quantum

>Time Traveller with a dead loved one, wears a hood.

Not even gonna lie, I've got nothing.

Well, a lot of it kinda writes itself. "Lord Quantum" is perfect for a time traveler as-is, and with fighter pilot you can always say he flew through some kind of orbital anomaly while testing a new top secret plane or something. Something something later, the plane is now a time machine or something, or he can travel through time. The dead loved one is his hero trigger, maybe he tried fixing their death with time travel and it went wrong. The hood could be either a part of the costume itself or (if you really, really want to emphasize the fighter pilot part, because remember: most superheroes don't take their job into their superhero lives) it could be part of a pilot's hood.

The gourmet chef thing is just his hobby.

>The gourmet chef thing is just his hobby.

His dead loved one was a chef, and he's taken up the hobby to keep his or her memory alive.

Rolled 7, 7, 6, 10, 6, 3, 7, 1 = 47 (8d10)

Going to try my hand

You're supposed to figure those out from the names

Well, most of the names aren't exactly helpful with that.

>Champions

You, sir, are ma nigga

>this is from that WANG thing that got posted, right?
Yeah, it was posted a few days ago.

I love how there's a specific "Jewish" option. Made me giggle.

>tfw you remember the days where EVERYONE in comic books was Jewish, because the entire comic industry was

Rolled 2, 3, 8, 1, 1, 2, 4, 3 = 24 (8d10)

Let's try this again...

Rolled 6, 8, 4, 4, 6, 1, 5, 2 = 36 (8d10)

Rolling for a superbeing

Hey, I basically rolled Starfire with glasses (no doubt part of her paper thin yet somehow never exposed secret identity)