Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

There are no Wolves on Fenris edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Imperial Knight: Freeblade Join the 30th Birthday Celebrations)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/imperial-knight-freeblade-join-the-30th-birthday-celebrations-oct-13gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=YAUUIZZ8X0w&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

First for Thousand Sons is the best legion

You can Simon after disembarking

Is pure Khorne Daemons viable?

nth for dragging Blood Bowl kicking and screaming into 40k

Why go just daemons and not throw khornate marines and daemon machines too in there?

How would that work? Fire a bolter at the guy carrying the ball?

Reposting.

Poxwalker list.

Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

Can anyone tell me what's the point of land speeders? How are they twice the price of an attack bike when they only have 2 more wounds and move 2'' more? Am I missing something or do they just suck in 8th?

Nothing nearly as exciting, simply Blood Bowl rules based on 40k races

Not sure why came out as a spoiler

Whoops meant to post this picture. Anyone ever get these guys by the way? Are they good casts/worth it?

I dunno, that way I could use them for AoS too, I guess. Also because the CSM I like are Word bearers and they don’t like mono god worship I thought.

No.

>No deep strike
>No transports
>A pure martial army whose only path to getting into combat is running very slowly into a wall of lasers and plasma.

Do the have the keyword? that can be handy

Fly! Also, open top shotgun party on the storm.

Alternate.

Plague Marine list.

So as of now, what is the best super heavy coming from the Banebalde chassis ?

>Thoughts?
Looks fine
>Comments?
Not a big fan of Poxwalkers but to each their own I suppose. I also couldn't stand to paint up 80 of the fuckers. 80 Guardsmen/Necrons/Marines maybe but Poxwalkers are to detailed.
>Flames?
Morty.

Is there a good way to mock up color schemes?
I wanna do Dark eldar stuff In purple, black and cream.
Does the Citadel™ Official Paints App for Android and iOS have a color picker so I can see them side by side? Any other place do that?

They're all OP.

Why is stannis upset that his troops and tanks got buffed?

Depends on what you want to do. Standard Baneblade is strong, Hellhammer trades range for ignoring cover (which is less common now). Shadowsword will kill basically any single model in the game in a single shot (and my personal favorite of the 40k variants). So it is more of what you need to kill. If you want to slaughter infantry go with Hellhammer/Baneblade or the Megavulcan variant.

Stannis is playing Sisters and Salamanders.

>implying Stannis isn't a Word Bearers player

Poxwalkers are horribly boring zombie shit. Might as well take that other guy who buffs them too if anyone is gonna use that many.

Plague Surgeons are not worth their points.
Missing chaos lord, anti-tank and noxious blightbringer.

Sisters can beat Guard.

Alternate list to the Plague Marine one.

Im about to start my undercoat of plague marines, I should get the base too, right?

Does having the fly keyword justify 35 points? I feel you shouldn't be getting charged with that mobility to begin with. Not being a bike it doesn't benefit from chapter tactics, that seems like a huge deal to me
THe land speeder storm is a open-topped transport that moves 4'' more and has 1 more wound. Why does the regular speeder cost the same??

what're t'au like? I've only just heard of 40k desu and I wanna get into it, I like the aesthetic of tau but is a gunline actually fun?

Nope.

No, any other factions you like?

Fun for who? Also i hear that unless you spam crisis suits tau are pretty weak.

They are in the lower end of middle tier right now and carries the stigma of being fags because they were op last ed.
They also attract the weeaboos and the smelliest of the nerds.

Other than that, they are as you say aesthetically pleasing but the standard gunline tau doesn't really work at the moment.

I am not sold on the haulers. You either have all 3 of them in a unit to drive close and hunt stuff with the 24" melta, or you have to have them in 3 units to cover all the marines.

Weapons are not all plague, so less use of the assumed Arch-contaminator aura used to buff the marines.

Why beat them if you can join them?

Best Plague Company?

Yeah my main issue with them is they cost too much for the amount of dakka they can make before they die. Not sure if there is a good loadout.

Because they are probably heretics or xenos mutants.

I thought it said Easter of Lives. Now i cant stop imagining a giant easter bunny daemon

Any word on Nids at all?

>Eat all the eggs loyalist scum!.

November 11th.

thanks dudes

Other than that, maybe Dark Eldar or Thousand Sons?

>God, so many ld buffs. Who even needs commissars when you get blobs with ld10 from being near a standard and officer.
Oh, so you can "use this officer's Ld" and then the +1Ld stacks on top of it? Neat.

is there a statistical draw up of 1v1's between difference special characters?

eg:

Kaldor vs Abaddon
Abaddon vs Ghazghull

etc etc.

I don't exactly know how it works, I remember catachans got a trait that did it.

ARBITES FUCKINGS WHEN?

Dark Eldar is your best bet. Great models, decent rules and pretty fun to play.

1d4chan has a bunch on each individual character's page. Not a complete list by far, mostly Primarch fights.

Codex is gonna be shit-tier again.

Never

In the next 6 months to a year, as far as I know.

>Thinks cops have a place in all out wars

I assumed he meant Necromunda, no, no main game army.

YOU DON'T GET 2+ SAVES
OGRYN WILL LAST MORE THAN CARNIFICES

How are Genestealer Cults? I've been wanting to start a horde army for awhile but none of the options save Guard look super appealing. The whole Lovecraft-eque cult vibe is super cool and Cult Ambush seems fun. Plus I can always take a Guard detachment alongside them.

>you can only play in all-out wars
do you only play games on Epic scale or apocalypse ?

If I'm looking to start collecting CSM (after a long break from the hobby, maybe 2012-2013 was the last time I bought/played anything 40k), what should I be looking for in terms of boxes and lists? I want to get together about 1500 points.

I have some plans for Night Lords and most of the conversion pieces seem reasonably priced.

As powerful as Guard, so OP as fuck.

Arbites vs genestealer cult sounds pretty sweet though

You don't?

When everybody brings a Captain/Commander/motherfucking named Chapter master/Cawl, do you think officer Joe has a place among them?

Most of them are Chaos Undivided, but I imagine that there are plenty who have been drawn to a single god or just prefer working with a single god's Daemons. If my memory serves right WBs are currently the third largest legion after the Black Legion and the Iron Warriors so there must be plenty who don't toe the line.

Yes.

Okay, so my Tyranid Battalion will be looking like this :

HQ :
x1 Malanthrope
x1 Broodlord

Troops :
x10 Hormagaunts
x 4 Rippers
x 4 Rippers
x10 genestealers
x10 genestealers

Fast Attack :
x1 Hive Crone

Heavy :
x1 Trygon Prime

The idea would be to footslog one unit of stealers + Bloodlord, and to have the hormagaunts be baby-sitted by the Malanthrope.
A second unit of stealers comes out later, through the Trygon Prime's tunnel. The big guy serves as an advanced synaptic anchor. The rippers will also deepstrike to add some disruption.
The Hive Crone will be an anti-flyer.

Does that sound ok ? I played 40k only once back in 5th, and have almost litteraly no idea of what I'm doing.

>Thinking officer Joe would have any impact

What is he gonna do, try an cuff me? Top kek

don't have the money ;_;

that's not what i meant

arbites as miniatures can be good
arbites as a new faction seems a bit out of place

Join the Dark Eldar bros.

>Best models (obviously this is down to personal taste) and easy to do simple conversions with
>GOTTA GO FAST
>Darklight weapons. Darklight weapons everywhere. It's entirely possible to make a list where every single model has a DL, Blaster, or Blast Pistol
>Poison spam is okay
>Can actually run a surprising number of play styles; lots of deep strike, lots of melee, Covens are tanky tank mofos, can go MSU, etc. Basically the only thing you can't do is run a foot-only infantry army
>2grimdark4u
>feels good to be bad, man
>Kabals are ridiculously easy to come up with cool fluff for (almost all Forgeworlds are the same, for instance, whereas you have banished realspace pirate kabals, weaponsmith kabals, drug lord cartel kabals, kabals who spend all their time hunting cool animals to put in grotesque zoos, etc, and that's just canon shit)

Do we know who's written it?

This. Nobody can cuff a Commissar.

>don't have the money ;_;
Me either ;=; i just shit post here while i wait for washes to drive

dry*

you sell it well

I guess it's time to join the madboiz of Comorragh

Are 2 start collecting boxes the best start?

Daily reminder that Valkyries got a massive buff as well.

Can I get a 'suffering Stannis' for this one too?

Depends on your play style and what lore you have for Your Dudes. Night Lords will generally want some Raptors in order to stack their moral debuff and some Warp Talons because they're very Night Lordy. Most Night Lords do not worship Chaos so if you want to go average joe Night Lord probably stay away from possessed and Daemon Princes. If you do want them to worship Chaos (oddly enough the largest warband does) then a Sorcerer or a Daemon Prince could be a good idea for a leader (plus they're pretty good on the table top). Night Lords are also pretty big fans of slaves so Cultists would be pretty fluffy too.

Hormagants are pretty bad now and you lack anti tank. I recommend adding some Hive Guards, removing the rippers and hormagaunts, since they don't do much for their points, and buffing the footslogger genestealer unit a little bit.

P-points? How many points is this?

>Requesting memes
JUST DO IT

I'll try and keep that in mind. How would I start collecting this for tabletop though? The fluff is secondary, I'd like something functional first.

I'm shit at doing that image corruption thing.

I have a broken Valkyrie, but the rules and how I play melee Guard make me want another 1. 2 Valkyries with Crusaders, Deathmask Ogryn Bodyguard, Bullgryn and an Inquisitor, Psyker and Priest is just so appealing.

Right now I run 3 Chimeras with Heavy Flamers, but it still takes me a turn or two to get to people's lines. Valkyries would have me doing turn 1 charges alongside my Rough Riders, Scions, Terminator Inquisitor, Assassians, Celestine and Serpahim all jumping in. It would be beautiful.

I must know what this mini is. Now.

Who says Chaos creeps get the pleasure of iso-cubes?

>just spook it

Psssh... nothin personnel... kid...

Someone sell me on Grey Knights.

That's a pretty good start. You'll have two Archons but that's okay since you sometimes need a second HQ (eg. if you're running a Battalion for some reason or two Outrider/Spearhead detachments). You'll almost certainly need two Raiders at some point or another, same goes for the Warriors. Reavers are one of our best units if you ignore the points cost, but they're also pretty overpriced, so despite having 12 of them I almost never run more than 6 (too bad since they're really cool models imo).

From there you could do a lot of things. For instance most people would probably get some Vypers next alongside whatever units you like the look of (Scourges are great this edition, pretty sure those are what I bought next, but I forget at this point). You could convert some of the Warriors to Trueborn too.

PROTIPS:
You'll almost certainly have to use bits sites to get some parts that there aren't enough of in the boxes (mainly special weapons) unless you git gud with conversions (it's easy to make Shredders into Blasters with Blast Pistol pieces)
>Everyone on earth does the same Reaver head conversion on their Archon and Trueborn so be prepared to overpay if you want to do it too
>There is literally no such thing as too many Blasters since you're always going to be sticking them in a transport with a higher rate of fire
>Just go with whatever you like the look of, almost everything is viable now, and the meme "bad units" from the last 2 editions (Mandrakes, Wyches, etc) are either good (Mandrakes) or decent enough (Wyches)

You are crusaders born from the Emperors Gene-Seed

Teleporting Land Raider Crusaders across the entire table

ward babbies.
No, seriously, fuck grey knights.

Sell me on Blood Angels

I... I didn't count
The friend I intend to play with most of the time has a big collection of Space Wolves, deathwatch and whatever, so I know that he will be able to match me once I show up with something.

Damn. I really wanted to play them since I already have those models. But thank you, I'll see if I can cut some corners elsewhere to fit some anti-tank in.

Their fluff has been fixed. They're basically back to their pre-5th fluff.

I want to start a small IG army, mostly to use the minis as CSM cultists, but I also think that Valks are the best flyers in the entire game. Any thoughts on Catachan air insertion teams? I was thinking Crusaders with a priest in one, Straken in another. But this is as far as I got, I also want to bring flamers and meltas. What are the best platform for those? SWS+Command squad would fit a Valk and leave a space for Straken and a psyker. Straken then can command the two squads.

how does Magnus buff his invuln?

I do memes in paint.
Somebody save me ;_;
Curze's helmet by some fan. The fluff says his helmet is a skull.
Primarchs with helmets are better.

There is so much to ARRRRGHHHHH

About in the Astra Militarum Codex.

Basilisks getting a buff for no reason is another. Fuck off Guard scum.

Stannis is true Word Bearers patrician.

>Catachan air insertion teams

[FORTUNATE SON INTENSIFIES]

I just finished reading Chickenhawk. So yeah. 'Nam all the way.