How do you want your super heavy famalam?

>how do you want your super heavy famalam?

>"see that hideous anti-starship planetary defense fortress over there, put anti-grave plates on it"

>say no more

Just needs its bits reshuffled like pic related.

I think it looks cool. Won't buy it direct because fuck FW but I'll buy the re-cast.

Fucking halo tank in 40k. Looks like arse.

Needs a pair of Archimedes' screws and a deathstrike missile.

it transforms, right?

Crawl is just fucking with the imperium now.

I wish.

Nah it's a garbage truck.

Are yoy trying to imply that is an improvement?

This is what happens if you tell tech priests to "go nuts".

this looks fucking retarded

honestly I like it.
it looks properly imperial while still clearly being a hover tank.

>halo tank

yeah I'm not seeing it, apart from being tanks they look completely different.

I like it, despite that fact that its another fucking marine release.
Since I apparently have shit taste, explain to me what people hate about it other than typical kneejerk reactions to anything new.

It's more visually balanced (central turret, significant engine compartment at the rear), plus splitting the antigrav gubbins into tread-pod analogues would be a better match with Imperial aesthetics (think Mastodon)...

the central hull is a dead ringer for

No it doesn't. It looks like a collection of low detail models of rubbish bins stuck together by a child.

Then you're fucking retarded

>anti-grave plates
Otherwise what, are skeletons gonna pop out and attack?

>It looks like a random collection of blocks stuck together to form a children's toy.
> It lacks any interesting detail
> nothing about it's design seems in any way practical or logical
> It's jarringly inconsistent with the aesthetic of every other previous release, even the Hover raider.

yep, complete crap

>the central hull is a dead ringer for
U wot? No
The halo tanks hull is wide in the middle with a narrow front and rear while the pramaris tank is narrow down most of ofvthe length with aceide rear. They're only as superficially similar as all angular tanks are to each other. Its got just as much in common with an M1A1.

You didn't even post the gif you dumb cunt
god fucking dammit making me pick up after you you fucking dipstick jackass fucking god damn

So its exactly like all imperial tanks.
It looks consistent with astartes tanks. The front outer hover sections are the front tread sections of a landraider, the central hull is a thunderhawk without windows and the sponsons and turret are the sicaran ones upsized.

Should've posted Sokolov. Granin would've said "it need legs"

Nice shoes, anyway

>Granin would've said "it need legs"

That's the point. Why put rocket engines on a tank when you could make a Primaris Knight or Titan?

It's a bit big.

and what makes you think that designing a frankenstein vehicle is necessarily a good idea?

I wasn't comment on if its good or bad. Just that its consistent with the aesthetic style of space marine vehicles. Because it takes elements from existing ones

It's stupid and kinda ugly, but that's literally every 40k vehicle. It fits the SM aesthetic, so imo the people bitching are doing it just for the sake of bitching.

If it looked like a Halo tank it would be a major improvement.

>Hey you know how we already have tanks with quad tracks a concept that was never used in mass produced tanks for good reason?
>Yes
>Lets make one with sextuple tracks.

Hover vehicles were phased out of Imperial designs (other than the Land Speeder) several decades ago, so it is jarring to see these sort of designs for some people. It isn't actually clashing with 40k precedent.

And retarded looking vehicles IS warhammer 40k and always has been.

Personally, I just don't like how Primaris marines are their own thing. I would have preferred a "marines are truescale now, deal with it".

Honestly, alcohol probably had to do with that considering that they knew they were getting fired after the game was finished.

Despite that they still soldiered on and delivered a top-notch game.

Unbalanced design, the front is extremely narrow than suddenly widens to about double its original width about half way down the hull. It makes it look like someone glued half of some space freighter to a space frigate and stuck a gigantic anti-aircraft gun on top. Additionally it is far too bulky for the amount of firepower. Its absolutely massive, has no transport capacity (why the fuck is the rear so wide?) and yet it has a combined 6 guns, two on the front, two on the wings, and two in a turret. Additionally none of the guns are particularly large especially in comparison to the vehicle. It makes it look like they made huge empty pockets within the vehicle for no reason.

Pic related is what I would do to fix it, replace the twin lascannons in the front with whatever gun the sicaran venator is armed with and see if you could fit some sponsons with room for lascannons or twin lascannons.

Let's hold a moment of silence for ensemble studios.

At this point multi tracked vehicles are not a bug but a feature in Halo.

Fuck it. I'll just throw poxwalkers at it till its stuck in zombie mish mash.

Oh, sweetie, don't you realize this is a Forge World Space Marine vehicle? It's going to have an ability to autodelete all enemy units around it, because nothing can hurt the Space Marines!

Looks as good as the rest of the Primaris models.

Since when is Halo Wars top notch?

Split the antigrav banks in half and rotate the back portion 90 degrees (end armor facing left/right) so that the back is a mirror of the front's "two-prong" arrangement.

Like I don't exactly disagree that it's a shit looking tank, but you basically just described everything the Imperium ever built.

>Split the antigrav banks in half
Well yeah it was a 30 second MS paint edit
> rotate the back portion 90 degrees (end armor facing left/right) so that the back is a mirror of the front's "two-prong" arrangement
Not sure what you mean (perhaps because I haven't seen the back) but I don't feel like the back inherently has to be similar in form to the front. The main idea is that it has to have an overall theme such as the back being more built up and bulky than the front (such as in a modern tank where the front is angled and has less overall bulk than the rear which houses the engine and which sometime the turret is set in the rear). As opposed to having a wide front, a narrow middle, and a wide rear.

I am , and most of my changes are to make the Astraeus match the form factor of what I originally posted: I'm saying that the turret should be in the middle of the tank, with the "spine" between the front third and turret base moved to the rear to represent an engine compartment. 50% of the chunks on either side of the central hull stay where they are, and the armored end of the antigrav banks just behind the sponsons are rotated to be parallel to the tank's long axis and attached to either side of the new engine compartment in the rear so that the back end has quasi-symmetry with the front.
End result is like my original pic: wide in the middle, narrow at ends, turret in the middle of the vehicle.

I would watch the fuck out of Mechanicum Wars user.

I personally do not care about turret location per say, turrets located in the rear, centre, or even the front could be acceptable. My primary complaint was the narrow midsection which looked like a fucklong hallway was built into the tank which just sounds retarded. Indeed has pretty much the opposite problem as the new primaris tank. While the primaris tank has a narrow midsection the tank you posted has a narrow front, wide middle, and even more narrow rear which while not as jarring as the primaris tank still comes off as strange looking for a vehicle.

Overall though as long as the vehicle has an overall similar hull width (it can taper a bit towards the ends but tapering should be more gradual than in your example) I don't really mind where the turret is located. While I generally dislike the aesthetics of rear mounted turrets I think the primaris tank could look better with a rear mounted turret, although I have nothing inherently against a turret mounted in the centre of the hull. I feel like a front mounted turret would look a bit wonky though.

Also I feel like the tank would be more aesthetically pleasing if it had one massive gun in its turret as opposed to two piddly ass guns. I mean the sicaran and macharius vanquisher are probably my two favourite 40k tanks but when your tank is this large having such relatively small guns makes the vehicle look strange. It isn't like the overall aesthetics of the turret absolutely require two guns. The turret is reminiscent of a cross between as oscillating turret and a cleft turret with of which were originally designed single guns in mind and in the case of cleft turrets relatively massive main guns.