Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Post your kitty edition

There are no Wolves on Fenris edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Imperial Knight: Freeblade Join the 30th Birthday Celebrations)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/imperial-knight-freeblade-join-the-30th-birthday-celebrations-oct-13gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=yDVMINLhFAM

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for skulls.

First for the sons of Titan purge all these disgusting demon felines and replace them with dogs.
Srsly, Dogs>Cats.
Fite me.

Can you add FW Vanquisher, Conqueror and Annihilator?

Watch this.

The machine spriti is screaming.

I didn't make the table, so no.

Not mine, but she seems to like me enough to run over to say hi a lot. Also attempted to kill my friend's Nurgle boys when we were getting ready to prime some stuff, so she has good taste.

What kind of cars do the different gods go vroom vroom with?

...but traitors dont get to have land raider crusaders, user

Of course.
Top skulls.

You saying they're... committing heresy?

With a model that good I don't think many would put up a fuss. I also love even the traitors abide by the only marines get land raiders rule.

Do you believe in The Red Angel?

Reposting here because WIP is more than half dead:

So after not picking up a brush for months I decided to finish off my fourth nid. What should I focus to improve on?

An user from /wip/ has suggested doing a wash where the skin meets the carapace to increase depth but I can't do it for this model as the wings are in contact with it. I might try with the next one though.

Any other thoughts?

I would, Dogs are disgusting retards whos only use is barking at niggers and mailmen.

Nice Dark Angel Crusader user

Right I forgot the picture.

>only use is barking at niggers and mailmen
So already 10x better than cats.

Posted in last thread but anyway.
Can anyone help me with these rules questions :

Can models that are making a charge movement, move over a model belonging to a unit that is the target of a charge ? So if the charge distance was long enough they could choose to end up behind the target unit? If not, can you only move a miniature through a gap its base could fit through or something ?

Also, can characters hide behind orther characters to avoid being targeted in the shooting phase ? So do I have to shoot the closest of two enemy characters who are the 2 closets units to my firing unit?

Thanks

Reposting my battle report from my Wednesday game against Space Wolves. Enjoy/hate at your leisure.

+++ARMIES+++

I fielded one of the two variations of the list I intend to make my “default” – a lore-friendly mechanized infantry force with a mix of veterans and infantry squads in heavy bolter chimeras, beefed out by 2 conscript platoons of Ash Waste Militia. A single LRBT and a pair of heavy bolter squads make up the heavy support, and my new missile sentinels comprise the fast attack. HQ were a pair or senior officers and a commissar lord, the warlord taking Laurels of Command to try to get more bang out of orders every turn. He had the Master of Command trait for an additional order per turn.

Here's my doggo, a loyal servant if a strange one but what do you expect picking the poof breed of dog

Necronanon asking earlier about new tau list; how does this look?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [103 PL, 2000pts] ++

Commander in XV81 Crisis battlesuit [7 PL, 151pts]: Cyclic ion blaster, Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone, Smart missile system

Longstrike [11 PL, 215pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Railgun

x2 Breacher Team [6 PL, 96pts]: MV36 Guardian Drone, MV4 Shield Drone
. 9x Fire Warrior
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol

Strike Team [6 PL, 88pts]: MV36 Guardian Drone
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
. 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 236pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Advanced targeting system, Fusion collider, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Shield generator

x2 Pathfinder Team [3 PL, 40pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

x3 TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [10 PL, 195pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Railgun

x3 TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 151pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Burst cannon

Also post kitty edition? Hell yeah! Her name is Waffles.

The Space Wolves went very, very gear heavy with tons of weapons upgrades and a single vehicle, Murderfang. 2 units of grey hunters and a unit of bloodclaws make the backbone of the list, and the bloodclaws had some kind of stacking where they got 4 attacks each on the charge. There was a squad of wulfen and some terminators, as well, all armed with power weapons of some flavor or another. A squad of longfangs added a bit of long range bite.

How is this for a 1000p tournament list? Army has to be battleforged but I can't use stratagems or relics and I'll be playing kill points, most likely against other marines. CT is Salamanders, that's why I though smaller units would be useful

Could we get the correct math hammer link back?

+++DEPLOYMENT+++

I started deployment with heavy bolter teams in the center, then conscripts, the commissar, and the sentinels. All of this was pretty unsurprising, as I wanted to see where he committed his hardest hitters before committing my chimera block to the table. When I saw him drop Murderfang, the wulfen, and his Wolf Lord on the right flank I then dropped all 6 chimeras on the left, hoping to overwhelm the weaker part of his army before dealing with the scarier stuff.

IG did not seize, and would go second.

Always good to hear Felinids are doing their part in defeating the Imperium's enemies.

Only units with FLY may pass through other models on the table. To charge behind someone with footslogging peasants you'd need to charge around them

Dont get me wrong user, while I love your dedication, paintjob and army, I usually get bored by your batreps since they almost always turn into onesided stomps.
But watching you crush furfags makes me a happy man indeed.

No.

+++TURN 1+++

The wolves advanced just about everything on the right side of the table forward, but kept a lot on the left stationary. Shooting was light, with the longfangs dropping three conscripts.

On my turn, I rushed all 6 chimeras up the left, advanced with all of them, then used smoke launchers. The sentinels pulled back a bit and fired their missile launchers into murderfang, accomplishing nothing. The conscripts likewise failed to do any damage to the marines downfield, though the heavy bolter teams tapped a wolf guard for 1 wound. There was little other shooting, as the majority of my firepower was in transports and rushing up field.

I suggest not wasting your time on painting those pieces of garbage.

Today I had a game. A very brutal game.
Me with a Chaplain dreadnought, 2 ironclads, 3 regular dreadnoughts, a mortis dreadnought, a company champion, a captain, an Lt, 2 devastator squads, a stormhawk and a stormtalon
vs
Azrael, 2 aggressor squads, a dakka redeptor dreadnought, 2 duel storm array Leviathan dreadnoughts, 3 IG thudd guns, an IG quartermaster, and a Knight Castigator.
It did not go well.

2k game. Turn one he killed 434 points of my army, removing just about all my anti-tank in one phase. In total I killed his redeptor and both aggressor squads, and took half the wounds off the knight. All that was left of me at turn 4's end was the stormhawk at 5 wounds

As usual I fucked up badly and let him interrupt combat, which meant the knight killed my chaplain dreadnought which was well prepared to take it down. I keep forgetting about that strategem because people usually just walk out of close combat on me.

+++TURN 2+++

Almost the entire SW line moves up, and the termies deep strike in on the right side in cover amongst the dilapidated ruins. A few stormbolters bark out, killing a heavy bolter crewman. The grey hunters see the chimera column pushing up through a hole in the building’s wall and a truly gifted astartes tosses a krak grenade through the gap the clip a vehicle and tear 3 wounds off of it. Shooting form the longfangs chip off two more wounds, half-killing the vehicle, but it keeps chugging along with its cargo intact. On the right, the terminators make an 11” charge into the nearest heavy bolter unit, carving it up with ease.

The Steel Legion dismount their vehicles and form hasty firing lines, keeping close to their vehicles for mobile cover. All the smoke clears from the field, and 54 heavy bolter shots tear into the ruins the grey hunters have holed up in. Crew served storm bolters and lasgun volleys are leveled at the longfangs, and every vehicle with LOS on a target lets loose a hunter-killer missile. When the guns finally fall silent, the entire grey hunter squad and the longfangs have been completely torn to pieces, and the second grey hunter unit is down to half its strength.

On the right side of the field, the heavy bolter crews are ordered to block the advancing terminators, sacrificing themselves to allow the leman russ to backpedal away from that threat. The sentinels, rather than join the russ in retreat, see an opening to make a death or glory assault on the wolf lord and move into the ruins, firing their anti-tank missiles into him at point blank range. Amazingly, even with the -1 to hit for moving, the sentinels not only kill the lord with 2 well-placed krak missiles, but also drop murderfang with 2 hunter-killer shots.

To each their own. My games against traitor guard and tyranids were probably my best in this edition so far, sicne they were the closest.

>2 concurrent battle reps

+++TURN 3+++

The wulfen charge the sentinels, hungry for vengeance, and the rest of the army swings left to try to engage the bulk of the imperial army. The terminators easily rip apart the second heavy bolter team, but are now facing a leman russ that has them sighted across a big empty field. They decide to return to the cover of their ruins and hunker down with the objective there instead of risk that charge. The second unit of wulfen manage to charge the nearest chimera and almost destroy it, taking the vehicle down to its last wound. In melee, a sentinel does manage to land an expert lick with its hydraulic leg and wounds a wulfen before being skewered by a power claw...and exploding, killing its opponent in a last act of defiance.

The wounded chimera limps out of combat, and the warlord gives the Mount Up! Order over his chimera’s loudspeakers. With his laurels, he even gets 3 extra orders, so FRFSRF and Take Aim orders are added to the infantry’s volley before they embark their iron horses. The chimeras then add their own guns to the mix and completely destroy the second wulfen unit, while the battle tank drops 4 of the retreating terminators before they can make it back into cover. The sentinels realize they can’t outrun the wulfen that are tearing them up, so they fall back to the right board edge to draw the wulfen away from the rest of the army before they are destroyed.

>traitor guard and nids
Yeah, those really fun too watch actually.
I dont mean too discourage you or anything, though, user. You do good work, keep it up man!

+++TURN 4+++

The space wolves finally make it to the imperial chimeras with what is left of their forces, and with well-placed bolter shots they explode the crippled chimera, sending flaming debris into all the nearby transports and severely damaging them, as well. They fail their charge ranges.

The Steel Legion forms another firing line, dismounting once again and setting up in the ruins to try to claim objective 3. Las carbines and plasma rifles manage to drop all but the sergeant and character, whose doppelganger cloak saves him from a lot of the shooting. Wanting to claim that objective, the infantry charge the last remaining space wolf, but he fends them all off with ease.

So i have question
Could adeptus custodes run with a captain or does it have to be from the adeptus ministorum

Do any of you guys magnetize your models?

I just started getting into it, magnetized a goliath today so I can interchange them from trucks and rockgrinders. Now I'm thinking of buying sentinels and magnetizing with the ability to have any weapons, armoured or light, easier to store etc. Pic related, though I plan have the main body come off the legs too.

That couldn't have been an enjoyable game for t he SW player. What a massacre.

+++TURN 5+++

The last space wolf character makes it into combat, standing with the sergeant against all odds and cutting 4 guardsmen in half by himself. They secure the objective, sharing a solemn moment of pride before defiantly facing the crushing counterattack they know is coming.

The Steel Legion troops reform and bury the marines in a withering hail of frag missiles, plasma bursts, lasgun volleys, and bolter rounds. The game ends with steel legion victory.

What's everyone working on?

Does anybody know where this head came from? Sorry for thunbnail but I can't find other images.

I magnetized my sentinels, all my leman russes, my knight, and the weapon hardpoints for my flyers. Totally worth the hassle.

bless you my child, and go with the emperor

The big banner already helps with morale AND loyalist marines already have ATSKNF AND Ultras already get a morale bonus. Do they really need OR want more morale bonuses?

They're kind of a pain to transport, but that's never stopped GW before.

Correct, I was thinking about the Cleaved.

Just finished this
Will probably start a new one tomorrow if I feel like it

nice

good on you user

No one else has responded to this for some reason, so I guess I will.

That's a nice dog user. Pet him for us, and call him a good boy.

Right now I've just been using green stuff and sometimes a little super glue. What kind of drill do you use?

Shit I suck at quoting today. meant to link holy fuck maybe I should just go to bed

I did feel kind of bad by turn 3 when it was clear what was going to happen, but his list really was not ideal for this game. He told me that one of his characters plus murderfang is over 700 points, yet both of those units are not very hard to kill. Granted they can hew down a number of guys per turn in melee, but guardsmen hardly matter when they die in melee.

He invested a lot in melee wargear, too, but not in any method of getting those troops into combat more quickly or keeping them alive better.

Waffles a cute.

Any particular reason for the XV81? Your loadout seems a bit all over the place -- it's usually better to specialize.

I actually use a screwdriver when working on resin, since the width of the bit is the same as that of the magnets I use. For the plastics I just have a cheap amazon-bought manual hand drill.

I magnetized my dreadnoughts to swap weapons without grinding off paint from the friction fit. I magnetized my stormhawk and knight for easier travel.

No idea, but I want it. I don't even know where to put it, but it's awesome.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034

I dont drill my barrels anons
Come at me

I played against IG and they didn’t seem that hard.

Is them being OP just a meme?

Oh dang that's cute

HOW CAN YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?

I don't know if these are stupid questions as i have yet to play any games myself
But do you really find heavy weapon teams worth it on mounted infantry squads?
What about the hunter killers missiles?
How do you kit out your vets?

my METAL incubi just showed up, so I'm happy.
I'm also out of superglue

Anegdotal evidence.

I'm writing up a little comparison between the various TEQs, in terms of damage, durability and cost efficiency. No real reason or point to it, I just was looking at Paladins and Deathshroud Terminators and wondering which is better.

I drill my barrels on all but one model in a horde army to piss off the one OCD guy at my LGS

Just figured an hq in a suit would be ok. Plan is pathfinders to support the hammerheads, which provide the long range support while fire warriors shoot up field. Breachers for deep enemy territory, and strike team for mid field objectives.

What I want is an ‘in your face’ kind of approach, and I enjoy the hammerheads (I like the ghostkeel, broadside, experimental suits, but not many others)

Do you also make sure it's the last one to be removed?

I participated in a local tornament today as WE i will now post how it went:
>first game vs Dark eldar
i tabled everything that got too close
>second game vs Mortarion, magnus and some horror and some shit hq
i got tabled turn 3
>third game adeptus mechanicus
shot strat off the board
>fourth game vs Nercons
fuck ressurect protocol man
>Fifth game vs astra militarum
so many lemons man

Easily, i dont own a hobby drill so i dont lose sleep over not being able to

You better believe it.

Vs Veeky Forums shitposting?

I know which one I trust less.

>second game vs Mortarion, magnus
I can't wait to fight all 4 primarchs in one game. I should have a couple knights by that time.

I know it's so dumb. So over the top and stupid and I want it on an Archon.

2cute4me.

Heavy weapon teams are kind of shit on mounted infantry, since for steel legion they spend half their life at -1 to hit. I take them anyway since it's consistent with the rest of the list, but they really do kind of suck. On veterans they are a bit better, but probably not worth the points.

Hunterkillers are a mixed bag. If you spend the first turn not moving and therefore hit on 4+, and you have 12 of them like I do, that's 6 hits, 3 wounds (against big targets), and usually 2 unsaved wounds for a total of 7 damage. That 7 damage comes at a price of 72 points. Whether or not that is a good trade depends on how dangerous that target is, and also how much value you place on destroying it early instead of on turn 3 or 4, preventing it from dealing damage for the first 2 turns.

My vets are triple plasma, despite the price hike, plus a missile launcher and a bolter on the sergeant. For Steel Legion, plasma really is the best choice since you extend its rapid fire range out to 18" and have access to a stratagem that rerolls 1s to hit, preventing overload. Granted an order does that, too, but it allows you to order them to reroll 1s to wound with the order instead.

Muh bugs. Taking a break from my marines and other armies to do a passion project: a slow grow big bug nid army.
Got a swarm lord, broodlord, a box of stealers and warriors thus far.
Also, anyone know a good color to add to an orange and blue scheme? I need a color to paint the actual swords or talons and such.
Also, general thoughts on the scheme? I like it, but my brother wasn't a huge fan, so I'd figure I'd get some other input.

Russ, Gman, Lion and Dorn?
VERSUS
Magnus, Mort, Fulgrim and Angron

Can I Cult Ambush with a character from one detachment and infantry from another? Like a Primus in detachment A takes some Metamorphs from detachment B?

And like a genius, I forgot the picture

I'm guessing you weren't playing at Valhalla

Triarch stalker. Boring to paint, starting to get worried the monolith will be even more monotonous (hehe). Still kinda fun as I'm new to airbrushing but I'm gonna have to go back and fix alot of overspray so hopefully it doesn't turn out too shitty. I guess I don't care if the stalker is only tabletop but I want my monolith to look badass

Magnus, Mort, Fulgrim, and Angron versus My knight, another knight, and a fuckload of dreadnoughts

Why are there people saying GSC are shit? From what I've seen from them they always do very well.

ok cool ,thanks, so to do a curved charge you break it into straight sections ? And a model can move through gaps if they exist?

nobody here plays

Who's next? Lion or Russ?

Now that Leman Russ Punishers can shoot twice are Vultures still considered massivly OP (considering both are 160 pts ish)?

I feel like they'd make a fun and fluffy fire support platform for scions going against hordes but worried they might be considered massively cheesy

hopefully neither (I say as a huge DA fan)

Seems so, as long as both detachments are all GSC.

I own more GSC models than the actual player at my store because I use them for cultist conversions. Although he is still new so.

Falcon
Vulture
and... girder?

>is this guard thing still OP?
yes. the answer is always yes.

These consecutive pictures are great!