/kdm/ - Kingdom Death General

Last one fell of the board
>

KINGDOM DEATH GENERAL - HAPPENING EDITION

Discussion starter: What kind of mechanics do you want to see in future content?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VhkfnPVQyaY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzQKhvle4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More early weapons. slings, clubs and spears should be craftable from bone and hide

I just want a node 1 monster with armor that ISN'T FUCKING HEAVY for once.

Also more weapons that count as Fist and Tooth,

simple armor as well, bone chest armor like Plains Indians

>In before poorfags lament
I really want the ability to take a settlement to a happy ending. KD is fuuuuun to play, but, I want a reward at the end.
I know saviors are getting nerfed, and, Im really excited about the new mechanics being hinted at. Some new weapons absent in v1.0.

traps, snares, things that an action could set, and then encourage the survivors to lure the monster to it. A mechanic that fits this nightmare cavemen setting.
Fire weapons too

The settlement innovations that come with headhunter should be in the base game

pre-boss goons, like the mini spiders with spidiculese

That actually sounds like exactly what the Encounters system is.

War Room is becoming standard, actually. Hunts no longer move off the board.

Wonder if the expansion card will change to reflect that

Happy ending is probably killing Lvl 3 Satan's ass stone dead. Then you're the biggest, baddest motherfuckers on the Plain of Faces and everything else is probably too scared of your people to fuck with you.

dunno scribe and goblin always seemed higher to me, fluff made it sound like no one gave a shit about satan at the entity level as it was too busy fucking itself.

Goblin in particular is feared/despised by the other entities who are not even sure its real.

Any chance non kickstarters can ever own the gamblers chest?

Poots has said that Satan's true form is the final boss of KD:M so that's the best we're going to get. The Goblin is still pretty mysterious and appears to basically be a god, Scribe remains unknown. But if you're the settlement that killed Satan, pretty sure people like the Butcher and King's Hand are going to leave you alone.

LEAKS WHEN?
SCANS WHEN?

The entire point of it was to not have 'loose' stretch goals, so they can be resold at retail at a later date.

I believe Poots said it would be sold, either as a bundle or individual minis/rulesets but it's likely going to be MUCH pricier than what it was on the KS.

I really wish that bows lost cumbersome, or that the specialization was either changed to ignoring cumbersome and/or adding that effect to the re-roll.

It's just such a pain to set up, especially when you have fairly poor odds to wound until you get a phoenix bow. Or if you manage to get a vespertine bow from the Flower Knight, which lacks cumbersome and outclasses every other bow by a country mile.

I'd also like to see scythe and katana specialization/mastery get a bit of a reworking. They are pretty underwhelming.

>Goblin
Super Poots-tier spoilers for the Goblin, so don't read if you don't want behind the scenes design spoilers.
It's probably not real, it's likely just a story made up by some weaker chicken god so that it can pretend to be the Goblin and scare off anyone else from wanting to attack it. Although if the Goblin IS real, then disguise chicken is going to be in for one hell of a reckoning should it ever cross paths with it.

Man I wish I had the funds to tack that on when I had the chance. I'm going to be kicking myself over that for quite some time.

RE: Goblin I really feel like the endgame scenario for beating Sparrow King as the final boss of Abyssal woods is going to involve unmasking it, and the Goblin showing up to finish the fucker off. Everyone in the settlement either goes mad or dies instantly from seeing the Goblin, though really it bore them no rancor. Perhaps it even ensures that there are a few batshit crazy frothing survivors to tell the tale, as a 'reward' for having beaten the snot out of the imposter.

Seems these are the realm's big shots, don't think any will appear in game other than the Gambler as a promo uber-boss

Goblin and Scribe never will, Satan's True Form was part of the kickstarter though as a new expansion pack (The Ivory Dragon).

Poots gotta expand on the Hunters. It seems like Manhunter is a Frankenstein that escaped or serves their decadent city. Why does it flourish?

There's a hunt event involving a hunter, (no spoilers)
...actually maybe two

more terrain types, including settlement terrain and fights. Raiding other survivor settelements. 3d terrain

Elves and winged apes

I know in a kickstarter update Poots said he was making flower knight harder, I wonder if he'll nerf the bow as well, or make it harder to obtain

>Flower Knight made harder
Well damn. I thought it was a pretty fair fight, myself. Between the forest gate debuffs, attack parries in the HL deck, the flower circle mechanic, teleporting survivors inside the circle to power up, and the higher level's having some punishing abilities with the flower circle, it seemed like a really good encounter.

Although the bow is pretty easy to get. As long as you draw that particular resource, you can make it after the first encounter with the knight. We got it as soon as we could fight the knight, and it shaped the rest of out campaign as a result.

I think the post said he was putting some harder flower knight AI in the gambler's box as an option

Why not combine them? Winged elf monkeys, it's genius.

More potion making. Beyond love juice and gorm alchemy, there could be other combat drugs or hunting bait, or settlement social effect things

Elves wouldn't be monkeys

i got refunded for KD:M and the fucking balding numale kike kept 10%

Give me one logical reason why they shouldn't be.

No that's Kickstarter keeping your 10%.

gay

should have gone through with it, sold the pack and made bank from idiots on ebay

maybe some kind of doggo you can train who can protect the settlement or help on hunts (or be sacrificed on showdowns)

KS isn't a charity it's a for profit business. They get's theirs money.

I refuse to feed the scalpers. I would rather be without then feed the fucks. I'll only go 10% above retail.

Through I am keeping a eye on ebay since in the past people have bought the stuff just for the mini's and sold the books/cards off at around 40% or so of cost. I want a few of those sales as replacement parts just in case. The grognard in me misses the old days when game companies sold individual replacement parts.

Depending on what you pledged you could have made your money back on the core game alone, let alone the gamblers chest which would probably have turned you a hefty profit.

skyfishing from sunny dick shark should just be included as standard. it adds a distinct weird element to the otherwise empty black sky.
also just hunting of vermin. there are rivers, grasslands, caves, woods, something should be able to be caught on small scale

Actually i think the small-scale hunting of vermin is assumed to happen between your once a year big game hunt

Needs to be a way to get this boss armor. Look like out of a conan movie

Any not-Americans here who got their Credit Card charged already?
Do you get another confirmation mail after it?

You can find recasts online if you look around.

I meant rules to craft and use it

No. Just Americans who are sad they got charged but not shipped by 10/15 and now have to wait past Sunday...

Twin Satan here. I am not selling a single fucking thing out of it.

I live outside US and my credit card was charged on friday.

Prime Satan here, you suck.

It looks similar enough that I could imagine running it as Death Armour.

Any anons got the game yet? Any pictures of the Rulebook?

What do you do when you run out of these survivor sheets?

user, pls.

So, we know they balanced Survival of the Fittest vs Protect the Young, but will Romantic become actually worth picking over Barbaric?

You just need to make Bone Witch less absolute shit.

Serious question.

Oh...

you photocopy it

What if you use all of them by accident?

Print off more. There will be scans online.

It’s the same as the character sheet for any rpg

Surely it would be nice to have some app for this, right?

There is, kinda.
Check the Kingdom Death website.

>he doesn't set one aside to put in waterproof envelope labeled DO NOT USE, FOR COPYING ONLY in big red letter
I guess you're gonna have to buy another box.

There's a printable pdf on the Kingdom Death website. Vibrant Lantern also has a campaign manager but I don't know how good it is.

Anyone else in US that hasn't had their card charged yet? I submitted my info on friday but haven't had any luck. Hopefully it goes through on monday and i can still get it by the weekend...

on another note, ive never built models before. What are the must have tools and equipment i will need to make all the characters?

>tfw canacuck

>tfw euro double cuck

>tfw don't actually mind the wait

what the fuck is going on with that woman's head/chest

>tfw not getting game til Wednesday

Gonna be a long week

So anybody knows when is this thing shipping?

sprue clips, an xacto knife, super/plastic glue, and a fine file

>winged apes
I wonder who is behind this post.

I, for one, would love to see miniature sculpted by Queen of England.

We have elves though, dark elf and the pathfinder elf

Not enough, seriously elves should be a major race discovered by the survivors

It could be a way to introduce more magic.
The people of the sun campaign should be retooled to Asian-themed elves, to give them a distinct difference to human survivors

>Asian-themed elves
>worship tentacle monster
it checks out

>introduce more magic.
I thought the point of KD:M was that there is no magic.

Thicc.

There is some magic, but it comes at a high price.
The Blood Magic of the White Speakers for instance.

I'm on the West Coast and have only gotten payment confirmation. Anyone here in the same area and actually received tracking or shipping info?

The thread has died. Mark this on your sheet and start a new thread from the first scenario.

Don't worry, once everyone get their copy there is going to be nonstop generals here.

Is it gonna be asinine question after asinine question?

Not dead, only pretending!!

I don't think the true retards and rich middle schoolers can make it to this board from the kickstarter comment sections.
We'll get people hot-gluing on their pinups, the rape rule writers, and people screaming at each other over a minor detail in the lore and what its implications are.
Also perhaps youtube channel shills, like the brit with tall hair

Thread theme, KD mood music:

youtube.com/watch?v=VhkfnPVQyaY

Anybody played extensively with the different knights? I really like the idea of acquiring tactics cards, and kind of wish it had been in the core game, or that there are tactics gained from fighting every monster.

Poor choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzQKhvle4w

He carried over some element, there is some combined strike rule that all survivors can coordinate on. Otherwise it's kind of built into the completed armor set of the base monsters (the lion and antelope ram/pounce/scream moves)

...the watcher's bubble on top looks like it has a penis entering a vagina...

Sexual imagery in MY Kingdom Death?
Surely you must be joking or seeing things.

Oh you poor, innocent soul. Brace yourself.

"do I have to build and paint my minis? I thought they were pre built and painted"

I hope you know what you're in for.

Regarding the Goblin, it may very well be real, considering its constellation exists alongside the other Entities, and pic related is apparently a servant of its will. Also, regarding Entities. Are all of them Evil with a Capital E? Or are there some good ones strewn about?

There's a theory that the Dragon King is or was an entity. Lost most of his power, of course, and about to die, which is why he's trying to raise a new generation of "good" entities to rival the "evil" ones.

At best indifferent. Does a white lion care if you suffer? No, it only wants to feast.

woah, at least that's not in the base game.

I've used it as a stand in for Sunstalker. People of the Milkies

I think hes real due to constellation. But I think that goblin guard belongs to the chicken based on its appearance. The Death chicken seems like it would need guards to go out and do stuff for it so it can keep hidden. The actual goblin probably just does what it wants.