/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/life-on-mars-monday-meeting-notes-2/
>Question:
Post your homebrewed Hunter Conspiracies or Compacts.
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no Sweetums representing Beast

Legacyfag here, anyone got any legacy requests?
I'm going to stop asking if I get no responses.

Here's Version 1.36 just in case anyone needs it.

Could you give Cloud Infinite a shot? I always liked their odd approach to soul use.

Are there any published legacies left?

Can we ask for an original one instead of a published legacy?

I've been hoping for an interesting take on a Moros - Spirit Ruling for example, but I don't think there's any of those published (Or if there are, I don't know where they are).

Either way though, thank you for doing this whole thing and sharing it with us!

There are more or less 95 total published legacies, though some of those might not have full write ups.
Legacy user has done 44 of them.

Are there any Obrimos legacies with Death as a third Ruling Arcanum?

Ah, wait, just noticed your line about not including homebrew legacies. Damn. Well thank you anyway!

I'm happy to give that a shot eventually, I just didn't put my homebrew legacies in that document, because they're somewhat more 'varied' in quality, and I assumed people would prefer updates to the canon ones more.

Key tot he Supernal Tarot has a Scelesti variant with Death attainments. But there are no actual Obrimos Legacies with Death.

ded thred

So we know about all the magefags, but what's everyone's favorite splat.

It's after 1:00am in the USA.

Even magefags need sleep.

I stand night watch. I will not allow the vampfags to move an inch in here.

Only 1 am east coast

I should probably go to bed.

>official theme song of /wodg/

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

do you need spirit spheres to mess with werewolves like turning them into other stuff, in acesion?

That would be nice of you to do the Dreamspeakers.

VAMPIRES RULE MAGES DROOL

So the whole demon lies vs mage prime truth thing.

Dave also said that since a demons ability to lie isnt actually a "power" then there isnt technically anything to clash with.

Doesn't really matter. The Mage will know it isn't true.

>It's a Tzimisce
Do take a sit, i'm sure its safe.

So i saw some woofer mention in a thread awhile back that a uber woof could dish out 22 dice in an attack or some shit. He stated it up like a mother fucker and everything.

How do woofs or vampires feel when they roll all those dice and get on average 7-8 damage and a starting mage with 11 armor just smiles at them? What goes through that vampires mind when his celerity lets him go first but his uber +20 dice from all that blood expending hits a magewall and he does nothing?

Must really piss them off? More so than kinetic shield because there is no explaining it away as creative thaum or ST wouldnt allow it.

AAAAAAWOOOOOO keep on clawing.

No that was the point. The demon lies and the mage cant tell.

Demonfags had a jolly good time rubbing that one in.

No. The lie still stands, but the Mage knows it isn't true. He believes it, but knows it's false.

I don't think you can get any more pathetic, but keep trying

What part of : "the demon decides whether a statement registers as absolutely true" didn't you understand ?

The part where Demon can't warp reality to fit his lies. Demon can't say "sky is green" and expect everyone to believe that sky is green.
They will believe that Demon sincerely believes that.

which is fine for a fact you can actually check
since you can see the sky isnt green but what about facts you cant?

If a demon says his mother is a whore the mage will ping that is true if the demon wants that statement to be true, if its not true the mage will never know via prime.

False equivalence.
The sky not being green is empirically verifiable by anyone (even non-mages!). In that case, the dissonance is justified and the Demon can pass for a crazy person.
John saying his name is Thomas, on the other hand, is not empirically verifiable.
As always, the rule of thumb should be : apply common sense.
I know, it's hard for you, but please don't throw a tantrum.

*sigh*

At this point I feel need to clarify that I am actually completely unfamiliar with Mage, this is something I heard few threads back. Guys back then claimed that Mages with Prime had access to "objective truth" they could measure Demons words against, but that could totally be bull.

Proof that a mage can only tell a demon is lying if he has empirical evidence to the contrary. Otherwise the mage is shit out of luck.

It means if a Mage has Prime the demon is potentially fucked.

That and Fate.

Are you stupid?

The mage only knows the demon is lying about the sky being orange is because the sky isnt orange. His prime ping said it was TRUE but he knows because he has eyes and isnt a retard that the sky isnt orange.

How hard is this to understand?

I'll be interested to see if Mirror Regalia will have any Contracts that could let Changeling go verify or debunk Demon's claims on the fly.
Can Demons have their pledges sealed?

>calling pacts pledges

changeling fags want everything including merlin.

Your baiting is just precious

Go verify the sky isnt orange? If changelings need a pledge to do that. Then that is funny shit.

No for shit like "my mother is a whore, my name is Thomas, and I am mayor's illicit son."

demon tells a lie that the sky is orange
mage cant tell he is lying
prime has failed
mage knows it isnt true from a non prime source

it isnt bait son, its a fact you seem to not get

Except the mage knows it isn't true

Pledge sealing is
>Guy says "I will eat my shoes if I am wrong about this."
>Changeling snaps fingers and spends Glamour, "You will now."
>If guy tries to back off Wyrd itself will punish him.

Probably not. If prime cant do it then sure as shit a contract cant.

because he has eyes and can see the sky isnt orange not because prime tells him its a lie

You are trolling now. Nobody is this stupid.

:^)

Wasn't that a low-Clarity sin in 1e?

Lemme check, but as far as I can recall of the top of my head, no as long as it wasn't especially malicious or heinous. If the guy could do anything to make his claim true (even if it was wrong before), he should be off the hook.

The discussion was about a Mage using Prime to detect truths, not lies.

So it's pretty useless in this scenario. Only good at giving you a headache.

No, you idiot. Prime is what tells him that the Demon is wrong, as opposed to just lying. That was the whole point of the debate. No shit anyone can tell that the sky isn't orange.

You must be reading a different text.
>the mage can't tell he is lying
>*knows* from external verification

if there was no external verification the mage wont know about the lie

Took a look. Wasn't listed in "Clarity Breaking Points." But now I recall that this was considered extremely poor behavior in Changeling society if the victim clearly didn't deserve it.

all changelings deserve everything they get
#letithappen

Prime is the external verification. It goes like this.

>use Prime
>"yeah, that's not true, but the guy isn't lying."
>thanks spell that i used to verify what this guy is telling me

Only the core book.

Try beast.

I've been a long time Vampire The Masquerade Storyteller and Werewolf The Apocalypse player.

Still, I'd be very curious to try the Chronicles of Darkness but I'd don't know which splat to pick since they all have that "It's different but it's not exactly the same !" flavor.

So which one of you guys might be the best to get into this new wod ?

Out of all splats I will surely avoid requiem though because no matter what I think I'm going to be hugely disappointed because of my attachment to masquerade.

Also there's something else I'd like to know, do I just have to read the corebook dedicated the splat or do I have to read this book plus the general chronicles of Darkness corebook?

A tragic metaphor for abused becoming abusers and cycle starting over again.

BEAST
Be the proud dragon you are!

I know this is weird to say. Do a Mortals game, the system has a bunch of pre-built options to test it, also they really have a good system for making monsters, fun little horror stories/mysteries . Otherwise if you want a splat it really depends on what you are looking for from a game.More high concept mysteries? Mage. Role-playing out the exploration of Humanity? Promethean. Want to run the Matrix where God itself is the bad guy? Demon.

All the splats give you everything you need so you don't need the core book and the splat, though if you are thinking about doing combat get Hurt Locker.

Despite the really shitty magefags populating this general, Awakening 2e is actually a good choice if you want to branch out while trying the new setting. The magic system is much easier and comes with training wheels, and you don't have to halt the session while some chode argues that his fireball spell totally does not go against the Consensus in this area. I've also heard good things about Demon, Changeling, and Geist.

For any line, all you NEED is the corebook, but it might be a good idea to read the supplements too. Awakening has no 2e supplements but I would recommend reading the 1e Order books anyway.

Also, Awakening has the potential to explore a lot more of the setting without deviating from its themes or doing player crossover, so there's that.

Ignore all those user's

Beast is the game that will allow you play whatever you want. Always wanted to be a Cyclops, Naga, Spidermonkey, Dragon or Hippogriff?

Now you can! Why would you want to be some smuck mage when you get to be a fucking Kraken?

The thing is with mortal games is that I don't have any strong setting to base my scenarios upon, plus I'm a lazy piece of shit so I won't write the setting myself.

The back half of the mortal book is filled with a ton of stories and settings. Also besides the thing that is happening the world is just the world, no big write ups needed.

Hurt Locker has extended combat rules?

A bunch of new and alternate combat merits. More weapons and expanded rules on how to use each skill on how to hurt people in various ways (not just physically but also socially).

It also has a few minor templates, mostly they work only for NPCs but some are interesting for playerr characters, particularly the Lost Boys (cyborgs that are under the thumb of an evil corporation) Ataryia (lucky sons of bitches).

dont forget the
>ex-amish bloggers

The most OP splat in CofD.
>YOU ARE BEING RECORDED

I go back and forth on if I would allow a player to have that template. Its a really interesting concept, weaponized pacifism but it only really fits in certain chronicles.

>I AM BLEEDING. YOU DID THIS TO ME!

I don't think I would allow it. If you're wanting to play a pacifist you can definitely opt for a bunch ways to trick and outsmart people,or come up with clever solutions. A template with special anti-violence powers would be, and is, very obnoxious and silly.

nChangeling.

>misrepresents everything about chronicles of darkness
Keep doing this and I'll turn you into a lawnchair.

Here is the thing about "Beast: The primordial", the other guys didn't tell you.

You don't get the body of a monster. It's like in skyrim with the dragonborn. You are physically human, but have a monster's soul.
(what beats have might not actually be called a soul)

Now in Changeling the Lost you get to have that awesome body.
But most of the time it's involuntary change for the character and humans can't see it under normal circumstances.

Disclaimer: You get a humanoid version of that awesome body as a consequence of having been forced into said awesome body while a Fae captured you. Should you return to your Keeper's Demesne you may regain this body temporarily but this will also probably fuck your brain.

1st edition had Merit for not humanoid frame (you basically regained it whenever you entered the Hedge) but yeah. Still most monsters people would probably want to play as walk on two legs and have thumbs (you can totally be a gorgon tho)

Oh yeah, gorgons are definitely a thing. In 2E I might make a gorgon as a Hunterheart, what with the whole "your stare causes people to be paralysed by terror" thing. No literal petrification, but it's still cool.

What seeming ? Fairest ?

Something else that needs to be said, the game is hot garbage. It's just not good. You can salvage some half-decent concepts if you ignore all the stupid shit, but even then the game doesn't really offer a unique experience.

While on the subject of monsters from the Perseus myth, I'm definitely making a Beast Brollachan that's a kraken

Could be Beast for the animalistic appeal (snakes), Darkling for the whole "cursed mortal", or indeed Fairest.
Other three would be cool refluffs. Love the idea of Robot-Gorgon with Spotlight eyes.

Not sure. Could go Fairest and say she learnt to rule through fear and dominate her fellow captives, could go Darkling and say she used to be beautiful but became hideous on the surface and within in order to escape.

That's what I love about Changeling: unlimited possibilities. You can make anything and still keep it fluffy, as long as you put a bit of thought into it.

I may just steal that first one for an Autumn Queen.

Exactly!
The Wizened Gorgon was probably held captive in Griger like tunnel prison where she was one of the wardens (tell me spotlight eyed cyborg gorgons wouldn't be terrifying and awesome alarm system). She escaped by becoming so good at tracking escapees that she figured out flawless exit route and bounced.

What are some setting types that you all enjoy? Places, periods, tropes, etc. I like small town stuff, where the area has a bunch of old "myths" that nobody believes anymore, big city underworlds like in LA or New York, and I've always liked settings in the 60s to the 80s. Don't know why. Plus, dark secrets behind a bright and cheerful front are always fun.

Potential backstory for a Beast gorgon, going on the whole theme of letting go of humanity/the ways of civilisation in order to escape: She was originally kept as a pleasure-slave by her Keeper, and had snakes woven into her hair in order to keep her under control - they'd bite her if she disobeyed, and though their bite didn't kill it did cause agonising pain. Eventually, she became so sick of this that she broke one of her Keeper's many mirrors and used a large shard of glass to cut open her face and flesh, scarring herself so that she could become hideous and never again be lusted after by her Keeper. The snakes, of course, bit her in response to this, but her rage and refusal to back down carried her through the pain, and she ended up biting off one of the snakes' heads, which led to the rest realising who was boss and backing down. She then just marched out of his Demesne, the guards being too terrified of the crazy blood-soaked bitch who just bit off the head of a live fucking venomous snake to stop her.

Logical "Attack on Clarity" for Robogorgon would like be alarms/sirens. Alarm-clock or Police/Ambulance sirens are probably different enough to not count, but being caught in blaring fire alarm or robbed store might drive wizened into panic.
The Beast Gorgon by could easily have any combination of fear of intimacy, to shards, or even own reflection.

like this (which is the obvious interpretation):
The things the beast say about beasts and heroes is just from their perspective, it is only accurate in some cases.

Since most of the members of the groups hate eachother, they don't normally talk rationally about the other

the Robogorgon could also have a problem with either letting people escape, or having to hold people captive

I'd lean towards later, because I am pretty confident that former will be included as Wizeneds' Curse "Failing at your talent."

A Changeling that CANNOT keep someone prisoner, if they ever have to watch a prisoner they may as well untie him on the spot.

That would be a real burden for a group.

Not only is this not true, but if it was (which it's not), that would still be incredibly stupid. You get to book to learn what you need to know, objectively, as a storyteller, so you can then present it subjectively to your players. Whoever thinks that it's a good idea to write a fucking instruction manual from a predominantly subjective perspective needs to be restrained from writing equipment.

It's interesting that CtL2e might include rules for infiltrating Arcadia, since spending time in Arcadia was among the worst things Changeling could do in 1st edition.

>Tzimisce pervert
>Turns themself into leather upholstery on a subway train

>will be included as Wizeneds' Curse
forgot about that
well they can force themselves to, or try and ignore it, but that would represent Clarity breaking points and good occasions for roleplaying
Gorgon starts to question whether they are being as bad as their Keeper, etc... Good stuff really.
Or you can choose to interpret it like this and take away the good parts while leaving the ones that are of poor quality...
pic related

>Or you can choose to interpret it like this
Wouldn't help, because as I said it's still incredibly stupid and helps nothing.
> take away the good parts while leaving the ones that are of poor quality...
So leave most of the game then? Since you're so good at it, what have you salvaged from Beast and made into a playable game?

>1st edition: W-who are you?
>2nd edition, stomping out a cigarette: I am you, but I don't give a fuck.