It's time for a Dungeons IN Dragons thread

It's time for a Dungeons IN Dragons thread.
A thread dedicated to making biological dungeons that are not only fun to navigate, but give the players something more than just "Random Crypt #790".

This thread's question: Does/Should Combat inside a living dungeon cause environmental repercussions? I.e., if you miss with a sword swing and strike a wall, should you be forced to make a dex save or fall due to movement?

>Until we found the village, we had suspected that the detectors were just props. Just toys given to us by the CIA guys to reassure us. Nobody trusted the spooks. 3 days through the jungle, and these detectors had not detected a fucking thing. But before we even saw the first hut, the needles on all the detectors started moving in unison. If they were phony toys, it was a cool little special effect. The needles swayed back and forth and all the little metal boxes let out this spooky ooaaooaaaooo sound all in unison, like a school choir. Very weird. We turned them off.

>As instructed, we treated every vietnamese as combatants, and killed them all. There wasn't any resistance though. A few had weapons, but most were unarmed. None fought back. They didn't even run. They were just sitting around, lazing in the sun, and we shot them where we found them. Grim work. And very weird. That probably spooked us out more than the detectors. It was like they were waiting to die.

>After clearing the village, we didn't know what to do. So we turned one of the detectors on and wandered around to see what was up. The detector started going nuts around one of the bigger huts in the middle of the village. We had already cleared it, but we went in again. There was a big altar inside, with candles and buddhas and gold signs with dink writing and shit. We figured maybe one of the buddha statues was setting the detectors off, but no.

>The hut was very hot and muggy. Even by the incredibly humid standards of Vietnam, it was incredibly, incredibly humid in there. Even the buddha statues were sweating. Their faces were literally coated with drops of moisture. Everybody noticed that there was something weird going with the air. There was something off about the pressure. So we just tossed everything. Picked all the shit up and tossed it out of the hut. Sure enough, when we picked up the big platform that held the altar, there was something under it.

>It was a pit made of flesh. Maybe five feet across and going down about twenty feet before curving out of sight. When I say, "made of flesh," I mean, it looked like the inside of somebody's throat. Wet, reddish flesh-looking stuff. We had heard of them building tunnels, but this was... We really couldn't even understand what we were looking at.

>It was breathing. The flesh kinda rippled and this hot air came out, and it felt and smelled just like somebody breathing right on your face. Enough to make you sick.

>They told us "we would know it when we saw it."

>Well, we saw it, and we knowed it.

>We radioed in the coordinates and got the fuck out of there.

what is this vore shit did you just play ocarina of time or something

I remember Toriko manga getting inside a gaint mammoth.
No, it tough enough to counter the body mass law then it can deflect your weapon.

>Does/Should Combat inside a living dungeon cause environmental repercussions? I.e., if you miss with a sword swing and strike a wall, should you be forced to make a dex save or fall due to movement?
Wide spread destruction maybe, but a typical attack probably shouldn't'

I think attacks like fireball and other AoE spells should have a roll from the DM to see if the environment reacts, but outside of that, Not really. If you're inside a dragon or titanic beast, swords won't do much.

A story about giant creatures making Viet Kong tunnels and transporting the Kong from place to place underground for ambushes?
This could make a great story.

>It's time for a Dungeons IN Dragons thread.

>HFW your waifu is your house

That episode was fucking bizarre.

This, AOEs are probably a bad idea, sword swipes? A nonissue

>Not having a dungeon-Sized Waifu.
>Not having her serve as a seige-engine in war time
>Not being scooped up and gently swallowed when you are too injured to fight any longer in a battle.
>Not luring enemies in to get a free homefeild advantage.

Oh boy, I fucking love these SCP derailments. Always something interesting to read.

These threads are always fun for me, because they attract all sorts of people from various systems and get them together to discuss ideas. The Writefags write, the Fabtasy fags talk about how to magic it, and the Sci-Fi fags love justifying the organics and interactions inside, just to name a few.

>not learning magic
>not staying inside and healing her while she fights

That actually gives me ideas for a mechanic.
Literal pocket clerics. They cast healing spells and can heal you from the inside.

>enter dragon
>complete quest
>try to leave dragon
>discover that the dragon shapeshifted into a human while you were inside
>realize the magic affected you as well
>the entire party is now less than a centimeter tall

This.

>We radioed in the coordinates and got the fuck out of there.

Guess they weren't PCs after all.

>FUCK THE MISSION, I WANNA LIVE
Sounds like PCs to me