/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Storm of Chaos

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gitzmansgallery.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gotta love Storm of Chaos for utterly BTFO'ing Archaon

>the virgin Archaon
>the chad halberdier

Can somebody tell me, how the power levels of different armies changed during the early editions (3rd-6th)?
Some guy I know can't seem to shut up how his Bretonnians have been gimped due to the changes of cavalry and how HE were always the best due to strong magic so even bad HE armies could win with enough casters.

>Kislev 533
There was official Kislev army list?

The differences Brets had in power from 5th (when they were first introduced) to 6th is minimal. You're probably thinking of the changes in 8th, which basically fucked all heavy non-monstrous can and made the game revolve around fuckoff huge blocks of troops, highly powerful magic that could remove said troops, and giant centerpiece chariots.

I believe HE peaked in 8th. They weren't bad in 7th, but were over shadowed by Dark Elves, Daemons, and Vampire Counts like everyone else.

>Chad halberdier
>Not Chadgor Ironhide

>Grimgor Ironchad

I remembering so salty when they reduced his attacks in 8th edition
Not that I won any games with him anyway, but it was the principle of the thing!

Fucking Tomb Kings

You forgot artillery.

Yes.

Ah, I see. Well, I got into WHF at the end of 7th edition and my whole experience of previous editions comes from the moaning of older players, where I can't really tell, if they are telling the truth or are just making things up.
So, which army or armies were the king of the hill in earlier editions then? Were Bretonnians really that powerful in 5th and 6th? And was it true, that HE only had their magic to rely on in earlier editions (pre-7th)?

So there is no .epub or .pdf of the Skarsnik novel?

Fucking idiot, it's in the mega. Took me like five seconds to find.

But that's a .mobi.

Archaons horde got second. How is this utterly?
Also why did the Lizardmen despite being fought get not realy even in the finally, yet Grimgor got one?

Tough shit, you can still read that with something.

Second place is just first to lose.

How exactly did that work? If they would have add all points of chaos together it should be way more the Empire have.
Why does for the total vicotry only counts Archaons Horde?
And when the points of Chaos are devided in every single faction and God, what is Hordes of Chaos suppose to be?

How big are the Empire's cities? Obviously not as big as modern cities, but let's say pic related? How long would it take you to walk from one side to the other?
I'm thinking of setting a few adventures in the ruins of Wolfenberg, so I'd like to know if i should keep it in one district or spread it over the whole city?

This is where the map is from

Kislev is roughly a mile and a half across, going by a one-off statement describing the Goromadny Prospekt.

he's a dog of war that shows in lizardmen as a guy who successfully sets a trade/diplomatic relationships with the lizards. I like him alot because the amount of fluff the lizards get about interacting with other factions is minimal so the fact that Marco can't get them to trade but can get them to pay him for dead skaven and plaques recovered allows both sides to prosper makes me happy.

What's the best face basic job for WFRP 2nd? Specially interested for a halfling.

Off-hand, probably Rogue.

Hello guys, I’ve been trying to sculpt my own skaven clanrats, since I can’t afford the actual minis. So far I’ve made these three, but I feel like they’re too big. They’re all 28mm from base to eye level.

put next to other minis for scale refernce?

That's cute as fuck.
Seeing all those thumb prints, I'm guessing you dont use any tools.
Get yourself a small thin pointy object (one you cant easily hurt yourself with) and work on the edges and make the armor a bit more bumpy and textured and you're on your way on becoming a legit mini sculpture

Tell me about Cathay. Was it ever explained from where they gained gunpowder and knowledge of magic without turning into crazy chaos cultists?

Because Archaon had a clear goal: Conquering Middenheim. He failed and the world was a better place for it. Same with Be'Lakor getting sendt back to the Realm of Chaos by Teclis like the bitch he is.

It's mostly because these two are the characters Chaos shills like Carnac worship, so it is satisfying to see them cast down

>without turning into crazy chaos cultists
>implying

I know it's not Warhammer, but in the year 1400, London had a population of 40,000 and the next biggest city in England was only 12,000 people... so cities were not really that big back then...

This might be because I'm from a small town world, but 12,000 does not sound that bad to me, let alone 40,000. Those can both make for sizable towns, even if they're not as huge as modern day New York or London or something.

>fighth place
>Ironchad
Hah

Cathay is weird. The lore on them is very sketchy and some paints them as being sort of a civilization of Tzeentch cultists, while others make them sound like a very ordered, eastern mirror of the Empire.

Point is, we don't know how they discovered shit, let alone if they're crazy cultists or not. But their magic seems vaguely divine from what text blurbs we've seen, and I imagine they developed gunpowder similar to historical development.

That might come in to play, I've only ever lived in cities on the West Coast of the US, so my perception might be heavily skewed. my high school had 3,000 people and there were two other high schools a mile in each direction with the same number of kids...

I don’t have any other minis man, that’s why I’m making my own.
Thanks m8, and yeah I don’t use tools, not for that anyway. I’ll try to make textures better in my next models.

Nice! Like it, keep practicing and maybe one day you'll get paid to sculpt and then you can afford GW minis

I only had one high school, and it had maybe half a thousand people in it or thereabouts - I was very surprised to visit another high school that had two floors, though I never learned the number of students.

But you can still have an urban environment even with a smaller population than we're used to - it just has to be fairly close and packed, have plenty of stores and crafts and such, have that urban feel - it's on the same scale, just a smaller population. It's not going to be as spread out as like we think of with populations about that size.

Thanks! I was a little intimidated, but it seems it's not crazy big.

In the same game, I'm working with a modified Storm of Chaos timeline. Karl Franz is dead (assassinated but nobody knows for sure by whom) and Valten is alive.

I'd imagine Luthor Huss would push for Valten to be the next Emperor, being Sigmar reincarnated and Todbringer would probably be pushing for his own election.
Would Volkmar side with Todbringer, despite him being an Ulric worshipper?
Would any Electors side with Huss?

>Would any Electors side with Huss?
perhaps the two archlectors or Franz successor as the Elector Count of Reikland?

Those are legitimately pretty damn good.

So that's two for, maybe a third!

I was thinking if they really wanted to make it legit, they could promote Valten to be the new Count of Averland, since they succession is in question. Of course, that'd piss off the two families that are fighting over it, sending them over to bolster Todbringers faction...

I doubt Valten would ever want such a position as he seemed to be above politics. Huss would definitely want him to be Emperor but Valten would likely hate the job.

However, if he survived the Storm (if he even died at all) he would add legitimacy to any side he stood with, making him a very tempting target for anyone wishing to further their political goals.

Yeah, I'd can't imagine Valten being anything else but a reluctant figurehead. He keeps being told by Huss that it's for the good of the Empire, but he really just wants to smash Chaos (in this version he killed Archon with Ghal Maraz, so he's got even more cred than before).

There'd be some comical scene of the palace staff trying to find Valten as he needs to sign documents, chastise the noble houses of Averland, negotiate with Marienburg and mediate a dispute between Carroburg and Middenheim, but he snuck out to go fishing.

Bear in mind, that cities in asia, africa and middle america were a lot bigger.

Dragons seem to be in charge there. They also get venerated.
Somehow Norse got there and settled down.
They also threw the great maw at the Ogres.

>Lord Huss, where is the Emperor?!
"Beastmen in Hochland, he left this morning."
>But the Bretonnian Ambassador has arrived and the feast tonight-
"I am well aware. I will be filling in again."
>How did he get out of his room? The guards reported nothing.
"I believed he climbed out the window. Tell me, would it be treasonous to put bars on the Emperor's window?

>Valten and the dwarven ambassador begin a brawl in the throne room after the ambassador insults one of Valten's handiworks as a smith

>Somehow Norse got there and settled down.
Wait what? Sounds pretty neat.

Don't forget that the Dark Elves raid it pretty regularly, since they found out they can pass through the underground sea to the ocean east of Naggaroth and raid from there. And the High Elves can't do shit about it.

Sounds like a good tragic figure.

I think given time he could adjust to the game of politics but given his personality I find that I like it better if it were played for laughs. Basically Calvin being dragged into the bath by his parents attitude when it comes to doing his job when he'd rather be getting his hands dirty.

Haha, yeah I'll probably lean further a bit grimmer. After all, I doubt Todbringer would take the election of some nobody smith lying down. Civil war would be inevitable, which is exactly would be what Valten was told would be prevented.

I'd probably put the Ostland Count on Valten's side, since he's apparently a recent convert to the Cult of Sigmar, as well as worry that Middenheim will attempt to expand into his province.

What do you guys think of this as a beast giant?

Well what guarantees that Valten actually wins the election? When Karl Franz was alive, he was declared more of a military-focused defender, a spiritual successor to Sigmar if not his position as Emperor. It could be that Valten would want to keep that position, or other Electors wouldn't see Valten as being legitimate enough to rule - no title, no noble blood, and most importantly no experience. If Valten was happy enough not truly being the Emperor, Todbringer might be a good choice to bring in just for the experience.

Sure, there no guarantee Valten will win, but he is touted as Sigmar Reborn, so it could stand to reason he is the most legitimate choice for Emperor and this would definitely be the angle that Huss would be pushing.

Contrasted with Todbringer, who is as you said a damn good choice, but is also a firm follower of Ulric, something that the supporters of Valten would probably bring attention to.

Obviously the Elector Counts support whoever they think will bring them the most advantage. I think some would certainly throw their lot in with Valten, perhaps especially because he has no political experience, granting them greater independence. Others would want to go with Todbringer, either for religious reasons or the simply because Todbringer is a noble and know what he's doing.

Any info on how much soldiers of the empire get paid? I want to know how much your average spearman or halberd would get a month.

Why are most mutations in Warhammer detrimental to their host? Wouldn't the Ruinous Powers want their servants to be, you know, ruinous?

last three digits are your mutation

rolling

Rolling.

WFRP 2e core has an income table on page 105 with suggested ranges of pay.

Thanks chaos, I'm a holocaust survivor now... I should have prayed to Sigmar instead.

Sorry, 104.

Chaos isn't all about efficiency sometimes they just want to be about fear and disgust.

Roll.

>bretonnians
>smell bad
pottery

the gods want to corrupt you but don't give two shits about you once you are corrupted
after all your already their's forever
no need to tempt you anymore
also rolling

That's why we use perfume baby

Chaos mutations are just random, you are only chosen if your mutations happen to be good.

Becoming a Chaos Spawn still works.

Thanks man

>long legs
I guess that's not so bad

What does Limb Transference mean? Are my legs my arms now?

As always, the Chaos Gods bless their followers with useful quirks

Why do they need the underworld sea? Can't they just launch ships from their western coast?

High Elf sea patrols, they love sinking Dark Elf ships. It's the only way they can invade Ulthuan, so they keep an eye on them.

They don't have any cities on their western coast - and there's a bunch of mountains and wilderness over there anyway. I think this map implies breaks in the mountains or caves that ships can slip out of into rivers or open ocean, so you could sail a ship from the eastern end of Naggaroth to the western end without having to pack up and move to a whole different city.

Where'd you get this map? I've been looking for a good one of Athel Loren for ages. Best I've got is this one.

Lexicanum, I'm lazy as fuck. Can't really help you on the Athel Loren front.

Probably Gitzman's Gallery:

gitzmansgallery.com/

They are cute as fuck. If you are doing this to play the game maybe you should just buy a pack of bases on aliexpress and use stickers with models/units names? That's what I was doing when I wanted to proxy a demo army

give 200 iq

>long nose

Rolling originally

I dunno a lot about Huss - is he a True Believer and not much else, or is he also enough of a politics guy to actually put some muscle behind his plan? Because otherwise, they'll need somebody with political savvy on their side to help. (Which admittedly, as you say, might just be any Elector-Count hoping to get things back to the status-quo of an Emperor that doesn't get in their way.)

I really agree with this guy. The Warhammer world isn't the real world, as much as it looks like it, and it's honestly not too hard to take elements of different historical cultures and slap them onto another one - I've thought about using parts of 16th century Japan with Bretonnia because of the similar feudal atmosphere. A bunch of near-naked guys being paid to carry someone richer across a rive fits well with Bretonnian peasantry, for instance.

Shit I guess I'll roll. Also nice trips.

I don't know how I feel about that. Guess I'm wearing a helmet for the rest of my life.

Dosen't Lustria have these giant winged serpents that are super rare? What are they called again?

That's the Dragon Isles. They're called Coatls, if I remember correctly.

What would happen if you placed the Behelits, the God Hand, Apostles, and The Idea of Evil in Warhammer Fantasy. As a non-Chaos aligned faction.

Yep - there was art, and even a kitbashed model.

sounds fun