Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Da propa stompin edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Imperial Knight: Freeblade Join the 30th Birthday Celebrations)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/imperial-knight-freeblade-join-the-30th-birthday-celebrations-oct-13gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=YAUUIZZ8X0w&index=1&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

First for Guard are balanced and Tau/Eldar are crybabies.

First for Death Guard named characters suck shit

Sisters of Battle get plastics

DID SOMEONE SAY meme faction ?

Rogal Dorn mini when?

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -1CP

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [10 PL, 170pts]
. Valkyrie: Hellstrike Missiles, Lascannon

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP ++

+ HQ +

Malefic Lord [4 PL, 30pts]: Smite

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP

+ HQ +

+ HQ +

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP

+ HQ +

Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch [10 PL, 166pts]

+ Elites +

Scarab Occult Terminators [13 PL, 263pts]
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Inferno Combi-bolter, Powersword
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Hellfyre Missile Rack, Power sword
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power sword, Soulreaper Cannon

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -1CP

+ HQ +

The Changeling [5 PL, 100pts]

+ HQ +

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

+ Lord of War +

Magnus the Red [21 PL, 415pts]

133 PL, 2000pts] ++
Reminder this is legal

8th for 8th ed. Necron codex when

Looking for feedback on my Custodes list. (1000 point max.)

HQ
Primaris Psycher (Gaze of the Emperor, Psychic Maelstrom)

Troops
30 Conscripts
Custodian Guard Squad (4x Stormshield/Sentenial Blade, 1x Vexilla/Powerknife/Stormshield)

Elites
Venerable Contemptor Dreadnaut (Default Melee weapon, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon)

Heavy Supports
Venerable Land Raider (2x Twin Linked Lascannons, Twin Linked Heavy Bolter, Storm Bolter, Hunter-Killer missile.)
Cyclops Demolition Vehicle

It comes out exactly to 1000 points.

No, fuck off WAACfag.

>Reminder this is legal
Not tourney legal.

Ey boss thanks for the free AIDS

Quality shitpost free edition alright..

why are all the farseers in dawn of war female but all the models released are male

i want my racist titty elf

CS goto killed them all. sorry

New Ork shit fucking when?

>relative time stamps
You are scum.

This would be legal at tournie near me, not welcomed but it doesn't break any rules ?

What tournies don't run 3 detachments max?

Most tourneys seem to follow the detachment limits suggested in the BRB.

I am pretty sure that most places take up the suggestion for 3 detachment limit at 2000 pts to heart. So odds are, this list is most likely not legal

Must be one of the few then, LGS sees that as a suggestion not a rule but if people brought stuff like that list I imagine it would change quick

Black Sisters a cute. A cuuuute.

Next year more like. You might get some sloppy seconds with chapter approved tho

>8 minutes ago
Holy shit I puked

>black people
>Be allowed in an pure organisation
That seems unlikely

Rude

I have nothing against a back Sororita. But her hair must be white.

>black
>people

There are black priests though, ex-child sacrificing, child solider leading cannibal General Butt Naked is one of them.

Ah yes, Liberia. Never forgetti.

Here's to hoping GW will never shit on the legacy that are Indomitus Terminators

Not all Sisters have white hair. Only one Order does.

>that assault cannon in the background
Just no

But accurate
Yeah sounds like a real pure and chaste organisation
>not purging the hertics

Yes, Our Martyred Lady. Now take a guess at whose colours is wearing.

Not Our Martyred Lady as they have silver highlights, not gold.

Butt naked is not a priest.

Will the figures in The Plague Brethren be available at a later date, and when will the box no longer be available online? Sort of on the fence about it.

That guy is retarded in what he's implying but he was a priest of some child sacrificing african tribe. So there you go.

Already did, they're taking twelve years to answer

I though the models in the plague brethren box were already in other boxes.

>repost from last thread
Cyclops seems unnecessary (how many points is it anyway?) and conscripts die like flies without a platoon commander and/or a commissar. Since orders won't work half the time anyway, you may want to have at least a commissar to help out. Drop the hk missle if needed to fit him and/or get the cheapest bolt pistol and chainsword option.

Other than that it's a fun 1000 pts army. Remember to use your elite troops responsibly and not waste their lives (it hurts to lose even one), but also do not let them waste their offensive talents - you have to use them to the fullest or you will fall behind. If you manage to get Custodians into melee there is few units who can stand a chance. Oh, and remember this: when it comes to casualities, Vexilla guy always dies second to last, the last man standing should be your Shield Captain. You maximize the number of attacks this way. And remember to shoot from your sentinel blade every round you can and remember you can also use them in melee since they are pistols.

Then.. Yes, tomorrow and it goes away in 5 years.

Which box?

Rather late with this but I'd say you want some shooty Kastelan Beepboops. Phosphor weapons are kinda nuts if you're all about the "fury of the sun" thing, and even without support a 272pt unit inc. Datasmith puts out 18 S6 AP-2 Ignore Cover hits a turn.
For a full Patrol I'd take a small unit of Plasmaphrons so you could possibly use the 2CP Elimination Volley strat to give everyone BS3+ and make overloading the D6 shot plasmas safe, or just grab a unit of Rangers to hang out with the Enginseer if you're short on points. How many points do you have to sink into this allied detachment anyway?

No those are the Easy to Buid marines

That's never been proven, it's only what he claims. Just like he claims to have been possessed by satan because he doesn't want to admit guilt for his crimes. And talking about preist in the context of "pure organization" is not reffering to witch priests, anyone with half a bain would think Christian (that is to say Catholic or orthodox) priests

Yes, that's why I said that user's implication is retarded.
Also careful, you might trigger some proddies.

>Also careful, you might trigger some proddies.
Good, that's what I'm here for.

40 points for a Cyclops. Typically they at least make their points back, and I've had them go as high as 400 points in damage on one blast.

I could take out the Cyclops and put in a commissar. Removing the hk missile would allow me to add in an astropath with the remaining 15 points.

Oof, I'm gonna sit back and watch this one then.

No one here cares.

Platoon commanders don't do shit for conscript survivability.

>people aren't allowed to joke about autists on Veeky Forums
Maybe you should considering going to another website.

How about a commissar and an astropath who's sole purpose is to give the Conscripts a +1 save?

No, no user. No one here cares enough about that particular religious argument to get pissed off, is what I meant.

Cyclops would be fine in other occassions, but conscripts without a commissar are really pathetic - morale rolls would decimate them. With one, they become fantastic meatshields.

Astropath also could help, a source of mortal wounds is always good to have and he could help spot targets in cover for conscripts with his abilities - those guys need all the help they can get when shooting someone. Don't expect miracles from them, but with those two characters to buff them, they should easliy earn back their cost and then some.

Has anyone tried converting up some chaos marines with the new Primaris stuff?

Is a Primaris Marine able to turn to Chaos in the first place?

-1 to hit is almost always better than +1 save

Well clearly the fact that two people cared enough to respond to each other and joke about the premise of another group being angered at said jokes implies that someone (ie. more than one person) does indeed care.

Yes
Yes

No
No

Maybe
Maybe

So, am I right in thinking a Taurox Prime with a Gatling Cannon and volley guns will do somewhat well against conscripts?

I mean, 20 S4 attacks and 8 S4 -2 attacks sounds like it would work well against massed light infantry.
Plus, Lasguns seem to be like, the one thing their toughness and armour could actually survive against.

Maybe
Maybe

No. Its just trolls trolling trolls.

I don't know
I don't know

way to fucking ruin the joke faggot fuck you you belong on reddit

Can you repeat the question?

But in all seriousness I've already seen converted Primaris marines (saw a storekeep converting them into NL actually) As for the lore its implied that Cawl has somehow hardened them to chaos corruption, but whether or not that actually holds remains to be seen.

go shitpost on b you autistic faggot

Neato.

no you fuck off to /b/ you autistic gaynigger stop ruining everyone's fun and lurk moar

IIRC shoulders, heads and backpacks are ubiquitous between Primaris models and old marines so as to not invalidate all the upgrade kits they've done, though it'll require a bit more work to use old marine weapons and such for them since arms aren't inherently compatible.

Wtf is this shit

Shitty wraithbone shit?

Last one had a huge tank and awesome jetbike guys. Now this? That walker looks like complete shit. Same with the Lord. Same with the bone guys.

Only farseer is fine. Fuck sake.

Shit taste, senpai.

This

Wraithbones are the only good looking thing to ever come out of eldar you faglord

Mentally hardened maybe, but wouldn't surprise me so see some Fabius Bile shenanigans in the near future.

The fucking Iron Warriors grew new marines, they can figure this shit out

Don't be a hyperbolic faggot, the entire line is solid.
I'm hard pressed to thing of a bad eldar sculpt, Old is the worst term i can use.

Jetbikes are aesthetic as fuck, that's a fact. Same with the tank.

This wraithbone shit is lanky and has weird big heads. Fuck off, go play Guard kiddies.

Yeah honestly it sounds like the whole "extra resistant to Chaos" thing is A) trying to sell Primaris as being even more special to set up the GOOD GUY VS BAD GUY fight or B) so they can make it seem more of a shock when Chaos finally finds a way to make them crack. My money's on it either being Fabius fuckery or it turning out Cawl has flawed the whole thing, willingly or not.

Cawl has been using chaos legion geneseed, and those legions will fall to chaos.

Nah it's all Good(win)
Man just cant seem to do bad work.

In the new Dark Imperium book, a primaris captain is one step away from falling into khorne, just saved by a non-primaris librarian

Oh that should be fine then. I was mostly going to green-stuff over the existing weapons and shorten and cut away some other bits anyway.

Well, time to pick a warband and stuff. Thanks user.

I'll purge you user ! I'll fucking purge you !

tfw the next primarch has to be either Lion or Russ to tie in with a codex release

What on earth are you talking about? Those guys that wear white gold and purple, and super into martial prowess, perfection and glory are CLEARLY the sons of Dorn! Cawl would NEVER touch the traitorous geneseed since Gulliman said so!

No worries! I'll be interested in seeing what you make if you ever deign to post it here.

It'll be Lion. Space Furries already have enough special shit.

So what, Morty and Typhus?

Morty's a fuckin' Primarch, the red flag that says "I don't care about my opponent having fun so either don't play me or break out the WAAC list in your back pocket".

Typhus is slow, but otherwise seems to be a Lord of Contagion with Psyker powers and a poxwalkers buff.

Go Team Bella!

Yes of course.

Truly no other marines have ever been into martial prowess, glory or perfection. Ever. At all.

And purple? Why its obvious that any use of that colour must relate to EC.

The stupidest thing about this is that that model was just from some studio guy's personal dudes.

It would be kinda boring if it was just the traitor geneseed that fell. I think it would be much more interesting if Cawl was fucking around with all of the legions geneseed (this is heavily implied in Dark Imperium) and Primaris shit hits the fan with mutations, falling to Chaos etc. and after much fighting the Imperium is left with a bunch of primaris now veteran from their own mini heresy that have bonds of brotherhood not based on what geneseed they descend from. It would give Guilliman a very interesting headache, especially when The Lion and/or Russ show up.

You're just not any fun, are you?

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

nah its just you "X chapter is traitor geneseed guys!" people are always obnoxious cunts.