Party druid keeps casting cure wounds

>party druid keeps casting cure wounds
>"druid why aren't you fighting, only the barbarian is attacking the enemy"
>I specced into healing.

Ferro and Logen could've been so good for eachother.

>>"druid why aren't you fighting, only the barbarian is attacking the enemy"
And what was everyone else doing?

Being wastes of space that get wounded and need healing?

>playing shadowrun
>guy makes mundane dedicated medic
>every fight he just waits for someone to get hurt
>high initiative meant we never got shot in the first place

Look at how good he is! He's so effective he's a preventative measure!

> speccing solely into healing rather than being useful in combat

This one's on you, user.

Why would anyone ever complain about someone spamming much needed heals? Gods know we need more players like that.

Aren't you happy druid can transform into very cuddly large cat which heals you really fast?

Bullshit. PnP isn't World of Warcraft.
Sure, you need someone to be able to heal, but in every system i've ever played damage outpaces healing even in 1on1 fights, and most fights players get into have them at a numerical disadvantage.

Not to mention that players are as effective at 3/4 hp as they are at full hp. Spamming heals instead of attacks or cc when nobody is in actual danger just gives your enemy more chances to inflict damage that you then have to expend resources to heal.

The proper way to work as a group is to kill or disable the enemy asap and then fix up any injuries when people aren't shooting at you.
The only time you should heal in combat is if someone is in danger of dying in the next round if you don't (and healing makes a difference).

This is exactly right. The best way to heal is to prevent the enemies from dealing damage to you by killing them quickly. Healing just delays the inevitable.

>not realizing that rocket tag is invalidated by the last person standing
>not understanding exactly how deadly two paladins backed by two clerics spamming selective channel energy can be
>not realizing a well timed healing spell can spell doom for the enemy
PnP isn't an exercise in numbercrunching either. You can never tell when a lucky die roll or an unlucky turn of the dice can turn your well crunched numbers into meaningless drivel.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Instead of standing around like an idiot waiting for your enemy to do damage to you that you can then heal you could be killing or crowd controlling the enemy instead.
That's basic common sense.

Even if you get injured, unless your enemy has enough firepower to actually kill you in the next round (and wouldn't have enough power to oneshot you even at full hp) you're still better off disabling or killing the enemy and healing up when he's dead.
Why? Because even if you do heal your enemy will just attack again the next round, doing MORE damage that you have to heal AGAIN. Instead of being dead.

The equation changes a bit in games with wound penalties, but even then you're still better off preventing the enemy from damaging you in the first place instead of letting him damage you and then spending an action negating that damage.

That's what it boils down to: as a pure healer the best you'll ever manage is breaking even.
You don't win fights by breaking even, you win by getting ahead - action-wise, damage-wise, it doesn't matter as long as you translate your action into an actual advantage.

Stopping the damage is more important

>Support classes that want to support

Color me shocked

>specced
Nigger, this isn't an MMO.
I'm not familiar with 4e druids, but I'm fairly certain they'll follow the same template of pairing healing with an attack or control action.

If you're playing 3.5 you are essentially a waste of space. Your job can be done with a fucking wand you can get cheap.
If you're playing 5e, you are a waste of space. Turn into a fucking bear (or brown bear if you had brains and became a Moon Druid) and soak up the damage or at least help out.

If you *actually* want to heal, become a Moon Druid and dip into 1 level of Life Cleric.
Now your Goodberry spells cure 4 hp per berry eaten. Cast two or three of these. That's 120 hp worth of healing for 3 level 1 spells. Yes, it's not in combat, but Christ on a bike, you should be rampaging through the enemies as a monster with around 60 extra hp to throw around per long rest.
If you *absolutely* feel the need to be a Land Druid, well, shit. I don't know. Shillelagh at least to help your allies. You fucking mong, or better yet, Flameblade.

There's a difference between "support" and "healbot".
A support player has useful things to contribute even when there's nothing to heal.

And especially if you're talking about D&D (any edition) there is no such thing as being "healspecced".
Because healing alone is not a viable group role and the designers recognized that.
That's just you refusing to use most of your abilities for whatever reason.

My mage in that game was the support, I levitated people out of cover and handed out initiative boosts

Clearly you are triggered by the fact someone else is using your piking excuse.

>"You get to act first? Fucking asshole."

Healing is ineffective defense. You want to avoid being hit. If you're healing you've already fucked up and are only wasting actions doing that instead of eliminating the source of damage asap.

Agreed