PLAYERS

PLAYERS.

WHO THE FUCK IS YOUR CURRENT CHARACTER. TELL ME ABOUT THEM.

DMS.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR CAMPAIGN. GIVE US THE SCOOP.

People between games.

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF GAME ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? MAYBE FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S INTO IT.

>between games
Just haven't been able to run anything for a while. I'd like to test out home brew rules until I've got my own thing.

My wife might be importing some new players from work. I like introducing new folks, but everyone wants to start with D&D and I'm a little bored of it after so many years.

>PLAYERS.
A young male Alchemist Mage that has been roped into mad political bullshit, featuring a loli Lord and a lot of female (or male-turned female) Artists. Remove Chaos.
Alternatively, testing homebrew to overhaul Ewen Cluney's fucked-up mess of a system.

>DMS.
Preparing for a nice little one-shot of mecha. Been testing some stuff, wanted to test other stuff, too.

>People between games.
/m/

>WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR CAMPAIGN. GIVE US THE SCOOP.
My players bitched out of my last campaign, but it was an intrigue game that was building up the players in the intrigue scene since we were early on still. The eventual plot was that a merchant prince, who was under the sway of a specific archdevil turned dark god, was going to forment revolution and a military coup to dethrone the rightful rulers of the nation and install himself as ruler, since he technically has a claim to the throne thanks to the recent civil war that the current rulers ended.

Anyway, I'm now looking for something, so...
>WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF GAME ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? MAYBE FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S INTO IT.
I desperately want to play Star Trek Adventures as a Captain. I've wanted to be the Captain of my own ship for years and STA allows it, which would be legit fantastic.

>PLAYERS.
I have three
A noble warrior-diplomat (hes a count now), who has recently developed wizardry (5 years campaign, we are pretty epic atm, fighting an invasion of three dozen fallen angels).

A very old elf (like 23 thousand year old) warrior-wizard-shaman who has slept for 10-13 thousand years (dunno yet) and woke up with amnesia and is rediscovering stuff. He recently discovered he was the last Warden. An order of ancient elven jailers responsible for keeping things too powerfull to be killed locked up. When he went to sleep there were no humans and most of the races, now that he woke up hes in the 'oriental' esque part of the world.

Finally I have a noble brute vampire slaying warrior in a campaign set in an antarctic like continent filled with vampires.

Im GMing two campaigns.
In one, the PCs were hired by a god-like spirit to recover an untrackable item of power. ATM they are looking for clues and discovering past things done by my ancient elven character in the other campaign.

And theres a new one im GMing where PCs are in a magical zombie apocalipse.

>DMS
My players cased a magic item auction house run by the mob and pulled off the heist of the century.

Now they're trying to defraud a corrupt (dead) noble and secure his estate while dodging assassins sent by said dead noble's remaining relatives, but all that's been put on hold to go kill a swamp witch.

DM here. Currently running a campaign set around stopping a giant artifical god from awakening, and is being made by 3 crazy mage gods.

>PLAYERS.
a grizzeld old Arbite who started off as dirty harry and swiftly devolved into chief constable "oi oi wot's all this go'in on er then"
for example; last session ended with him uttering
>then az the lord In-quistor, said to iz belly-button...
>you're, Under a vest!
before Shock Mauling the prime subject, in the case of missing the omnispex
(apparently it's got a recording of whoevers be vandalising imperial property with all these 6 sided stars)

>DMS.
planning a oneshot of call of chulu for Halloween.
something along the lines of THE THING IN THE ATTIC

>PLAYERS

Sci fi campaign in which i, a once-feared space pirate captain now end up a washed up old mercenary, working as captain of a motley crew of PCs in the hopes of earning enough money to buy another ship to reclaim my infamy.

Joined by a cynical drug-fueled doctor, a sociopathic engineer/assassin and a corn-fed country boy with a big heart and a bigger riot shield.

>WHO THE FUCK IS YOUR CURRENT CHARACTER. TELL ME ABOUT THEM.
My last character was a hunter from the Australian Outback in a cyberpunk world. Came here to find a liver transplant for my wife. Was completely out of touch with modern technology and society. Hated the cruel and unempathic world he found himself in, just wanted to go home. He was a fun character.

Another of my characters was a tiefling storyteller bard in D&D. All of the spells I used were picked so that I could use them in storytelling, like thaumaturgy, minor illusion, faerie fire, disguise self etc. Loved telling stories for children. I played him off as a blatant foreigner, dressed in exotic clothes and interested in local traditions. His goal was to find out who he is - he didn't remember anything about his past except vague memories of an idyllic hometown and a loving family. I told the DM he could choose the reasons for my character's lack of memory, as well as his true back story. I felt that it would allow him to integrate the character into the story as well as possible, and since I was friends with the DM, I knew that he likes that sort of thing.

There are some kinds of plain in motion for another D&D game soon, so I thought about character concepts a bit. I think I'll ask the DM to play a young !notGenovese cook who is travelling to discover exotic recipes in order to recreate his family's cookbook, which was burned in a great fire that devoured his family's restaurant and, sadly, his family as well. The plan would be to rebuild and reopen the restaurant to honour his parents, who died in the fire.
>WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF GAME ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? MAYBE FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO'S INTO IT.
Look, anything really. As long as it's not Rape & Torture 4e. Also preferably not D&D or another d20 system. I'm fine with Laughs & Sheningans 3.5e and with Moral Dilemma Simulator 2e. I also don't feel like playing with a murderhobo/evil party. I only play good characters.

>DM
The party found themselves at a dwarven caravan refueling station while traveling across the desert toward the Dragonborn capitol city of Drakkad. They failed to stop a gang of dragonborn cultists from stealing enough elemental energy to rip open a huge portal in the sky. A giant crystalline battleship emerged from the Abberant realm, crewed by corrupted dragonborn and kobolds who resembled illithids and nothiks. The players sabotaged the portal and escaped on their dwarven airship, being pursued by crystal jetbike infantry. The portal collapsed as the battleship was halfway through, severing it and causing it to crash into the desert.

They made it to the capitol, and found that the main gates had been closed, causing chaos and riots in the shanty slums that spread outside. They ended up helping the Leadguard captain quell some of the disturbances caused by rogue mephits and elementals, and entered the inner city through some smuggling routes. Their plan was to report to the elven embassy somewhere inside, where some supposed archdruids and archmages could explain what's going on and they could help by providing their firsthand account.

Inside the city walls, Cultists of Tiamat regarded the portal in the sky as an omen and began their anarchist revolt, murdering and looting. The party fought cultists using elementally infused weapons, and tried to pretend to be sympathetic to the cultists to gain their favor. They fought their way to the embassy, besieged by the cult leader, a black dragonborn necromancer. The party tangled with his guards, and eventually managed to convince him to surrender. It turns out, the necromancer considers the beings from the portal as a huge threat to the mortal realm, and agreed to help the party.

Suddenly the archmage's magical trap activated and sealed away the necromancer. The party was congratulated for helping to imprison him, and the suspicious elven nobles shoo'ed them away.

Starting a campaign with a bunch of newbies in Greyhawk setting. They are doing little stuff, hunting necromancers and little goblin dungeons, but I plan to escalate the danger with the awakening of a bigass dragon and put them in the good ol' save the kingdom. Jokes on them that'll be just the beginning.

I know I posted a bit about her in a Pathfinder thread last week but here it goes.

I am playing an Android Paladin (I know Im gimping my CHA). She was only "Born" a few months ago with no memory outside of her desire to worship Iomedae, knowledge on swordfighting, speaking, and basic survival skills.
She was found bloody naked and wandering the woods by a Lawful Neutral Drow Cleric of Asmodeous(she doesnt know this yet). The cleric is regarded as her best friend whom she learns most of the nuances about being a humanoid.
At the moment she has no idea she is an andoid, she worships Iomesdae so much and with no resistance that she assumes other dieties are false yadda yadda.They metup with a large group of adventurers in Sandpoint and began a few quests. (West marches style game).
She doesn't really know or trust these guys yet but is willing to work with them so long as the cleric is by her side.
Her demeanor is that of a young teenager who thinks they know alot but knows nothing.
Should be interesting to develop her and have her grow and learn.

>tfw no beginner's 5e game to learn the ropes
I want to be an alchemist who wanted to make potions an elixirs after years of exposure to gnomeish caravans. But ended up making his own alchemist's fire and oil of impact as the party's grenadier because that was more useful then nonmagical healing

or the CE absolutely edgelord dwarven monk who eats people for the glory of his patron. Abraxis: the hungering maw. Complete with infernal iron teeth

I want to play with a group who don't need me to be purely heroic. I'm not very good at being the farmer's son who decided to save the world with his friends and an elven sounding name. I just wanna be NE, let the king Know I'll strangle his bastard for a price then do it, take my money and leave for some honest adventuring

>CURRENT CHARACTER
Cleric of Istus, cynical bastard looking for artifacts and such. GM is running Tomb of Annihilation 5E (swapping FR for Greyhawk); it'll be his first full campaign, so I'm happy for him.

>CURRENT CAMPAIGN
Running Dark Heresy 2E's pre-packaged adventure. Just wrapped up my own 5E campaign last month, wanted to give my players a taste of a different system (my first time playing it, too).

>BETWEEN GAMES
Having an intense internal debate about whether to start investing in 40k minis or not. Also, want to try nu-L5R beta for shits n gigs.

If they are new, just play whatever you want and tell them it's just a version D and D that's more fun that the regular.

>DM
They just finished sacking the city of Troy. They're about to find out that Poseidon considered the giant wooden horse a sacrifice and the adventurers hiding in it desecration.

>Between Sessions
I really want to make a half-orc druid/barbarian who wild shapes into a mosquito, lands on people and annoys them into slapping him.

>DM
Exploring a spooky mansion and fighting ghosts as we try to solve a murderous mystery
>Between games
I'm torn as to what system to study next. I kind of want to play Feng Shui 2 but I also want to try out 4E

>DM
A Wild West campaign fused with a healthy dose of classic fantasy tropes.

The frontier is very hostile and the wilderness is no trifle, so the march Westwards is going slower than in real life.
Featuring: Amerindian Elves, dwarves as descendants of the admixture between Vikings and aforementioned Amerindians, coolies working the railroads aren't just humans, but also tengu (basically feathered Goblinoids + Aarakocra) a smattering of Wee Folk from the old world, and amphibious Orcish pirates that dominate the Caribbean sugar trade and a tribe of lizardfolk from Central America.

My players have founded a settlement with the rail-workers that used to work for a robber baron that they murdered during a train robbery. Of course, one of them greeded out and tried to take him hostage before killing him, making them wanted dead or alive in the state of Louisiana. At least that'll get them off their asses and into the actual West.

>PLAYERS
Im playing my longest played character. (My Main Group had some problems finding the time to play lately) and my Character is a kinda shota noble musketeer. I did this, mostly because the stereotype of warriors and nobles of his culture are flamboyant womanizers. (Basicly Renaissance Italy, but with Musketeers and some Baroque Elements). He started his adventure, because he wants to make his father proud and show him, that he is worthy to follow him as Margrave of the Northern Provences, because due to his looks the most peoble tend to belittle him. He constantly writes about his journeys and wants to publish them one day to become known as a famous adventurer. I actually am writing his entrys for the Group, for each session we played and its became a kinda nice hobby.

>DMs
Party is on a quest to kill a Void Dragon to stop it from space-time consuming the world. They've figured out that it supernovas on death, and they've found a way to stop it, which in part requires a Beholder's Eye. Last session stopped right outside the door to the beholder's chamber.
Little to do they know it's actually a Death Tyrant who is giving birth to a second beholder at the time they enter the room

Recently stumbled across ASOIAF roleplaying and I'd like to play a game in that system

Months ago, a few personally-significant items were left as an offering to the god of thieves for luck in a new piratical venture, and those items subsequently disappeared without a trace in a room full of people, none of whom had said items on their person before leaving. Later, an NPC the party rescued came to believe that the party was unknowingly guided by the goddess of love because reasons, and had a religious conversion. And just last session, just days after the party started to speculate that there is more going on than meets the eye and they may be on the edge of something much bigger than the plot apparent, one of the party mages meditated and found herself holding a gift from the god of shadows after some character development. So now the party is three for three and wondering just why the fuck the gods seem to be so interested in a typical group of mortal adventurers up to things that seemingly should be beneath the notice or concern of the gods.

tl;dr:
>Deus vult!

>between games

I guess I'm burnt out or something. My DM likes the characters I produce but my power-hungry ideals never mesh with who I play with so I have to charge get my character to fit the party as a whole.

>PLAYERS
It's a favorite of mine: A Modron that was originally created to catalogue shit. A malfunction gave him self awareness, a Bender-like personality, and warped his need to catalogue into a kleptomania that makes him want to catalogue everything by stealing it.

My character is a wandering doctor in a post-apocalypse game. He's exceptionally grumpy and short tempered, but he refuses to just leave people in need and will gladly walk into a trap if it means potentially saving someone; the source of this near-suicidal need to help others is currently unknown by the rest of the party. Meta-wise, he's messed with the GM's plot a couple of times by saving NPCs we weren't supposed to save.

Deus most certainly vults.

>players
Tiefling rogue girl descended from a daemon of 'death by torture/dungeon trap'. Metallic skin, pixie cut hair like nails, has given up on romance since she's like something out of Grimtooth's down there.

>DMs
Game 1
Demonic forces trying to invade a city, party gets sent on missions since all the high level NPCs are busy just trying to prevent teleport shenanigans. About to head north to deal with an enemy general plotting to use magic stolen from a jolly old elf against their city.

Game 2
Recovering post-apoc magitech setting, party just arrived in Not!Arabia port city on their recently claimed flying island carved into the shape of a manta ray. Time to hit the market, hire crew and plot some sky piracy.

DM. Continuing a pathfinder game tonight. The premise is to give the players a guild to run. Probably adventurer's guild but they have several starting place choices in town to choose from. They were related to a group who started the guild before them. The guild closed but due to some nondescript contracting shenanigans, the city bank owes the guild a restart, as in, buying them a place of their choosing up to a certain value.

Each location has some additional benefits and mysteries. The one they seem most interested in going with last time was a ruined manor that belonged to a now disgraced baron and his family before they sold it all to the bank that owes the party for the new guild.

The players will choose what to call the new guild, where to place it, how to run it, etc. Hope this goes well

Current character is a Goliath barbarian adventuring to gain enough prestige to help his wife's position in life due to it being shaky at best and marrying him not making it any better. Dwarves are assholes

Players just accidentally let loose an ancient book of evil secrets that gained sapience in its long imprisonment from all the magical knowledge it contains. They're likely going to try to find and stop it from roaming the world dispensing forbidden knowledge, but first they have to figure out where the hell they are, after another setback.

In an attempt to include all ~15 people in our gaming group in one game, we have started a game called Knight's Order. Basically, a medieval fantasy with a MTG-type mana wheel system that takes place following half a fungal apocalypse. I'm both a player and a GM, because we have three GMs and we can check each other's power.

My character, Hammer Knight, is about to go on a quest to find a kick-ass magic hammer. Any one will do, he just wants to bash heads real good. Also he's dragging Sword Knight and Shield Knight along with him because they're his friends.

>My current character
My current character is a half-bat girl who is also a CHAOS MAGE, a particular splat that I found and fell in love with, and the GM was kind enough to let me use. They're extremely brash, wild, and desires greater power than they already have.

Also if anyone knows anything about Chaos Mage, what does "Uniquely benficial features can be added and the composition of the object can be changed in utterly unnatural ways." mean in the Chaotic Reconstruction component entry? Maybe something like 'add an enchantment instead of an enhancement bonus to an item'?

>As A GM
I'm plotting and running a gestalt, level 5 campaign (D&D 3.5, because my players don't want to learn anything else) where the players come across an artifact that gives them the royal right to own a certain area of land... fighting the 10 other factions who also found similar artifacts, so that they can recover all 11 artifacts and reforge the crown of the emperor, becoming leaders of the land.

I'm planning a lot of politics and a lot of entertaining choices for the players to make. Give their prisoners to the kaorti in exchange for semi-loyal kaorti soldiers, or slay the kaorti and talk the circle of druids into coming back and blessing their fields of crops? Go with faceless golem guardians that never sleep or rest, or train up your own much-more-personable standing army?

>DM

One of my players has just sent a message that will likely cause the current Emperor to utterly reject his Bastard Son. This will likely cause said Bastard to outright gather an army and march to take what he feels is his birthright.

Said player is cracking under pressure being pushed at her by a blackmailer (who actually has nothing on her but guessed from his erratic behavior that he has a secret). The rest of the group has begun distancing themselves from that PC as she is cracking and driving off her friends. The girl is going to have a magic fueled meltdown soon and it is going to be ugly as hell.

That sounds awesome. I want to do a politics game someday.

>DM

A Death Lord from Shadowfell whispered in the ears of some greedy humans and got them to reopen a long closed mine and mine right into a White Dragons nest. (in my campaign breeding dragons aren't loners, they nest together in young family groups, taking turns hibernating so as not to over hunt the lands). With the whole nest awakened the region is in chaos, with two large adult white dragons, and many white young/wyrmlings going on a post hibernation feeding frenzy. The magic forests near the mines are taking the brunt of the dragons attacks because dragons prefer to feed on magical creatures to feed their magical energy.
The campaign started with our party waking up in a slaver cart. Betrayed by some rando NPC who drugged them when they stayed at their house overnight. The slaver was going to sell them to a slave army being formed to fight the dragon (so the humans could reclaim their mining town the dragons took over). The Party busted out of the cart, saved a Drow (actually doppelganger) who was trapped with them who got them in with the fey folk in the forest. They made a deal with an Archfey in the forest to stop the dragons and save the forest.
At this point the party only knows the dragons are awake and attacking the fey/elves/humans and they made a deal to protect the forest. They currently have no idea that the dragons and key humans are being manipulated by Shaowfell to fight. Because when old things fight, old things die. And Shadowfell lords get new toys to play with.

A MOTHER FUCKING FARMER WITH AN ANTI TANK RIFLE.

>DMS
CURRENTLY WORLD BUILDING A CAMPAIGN ABOUT PUNCHING PEOPLE THROUGH MOUNTAINS.

Hagen?

>DMS.
Despite the fact that the insane, fire-happy theocracy's religion is supposed to simply be a superstitious explanation for their system of magic, the party just unexpectedly ran into a church official they very definitely assassinated, miraculously reborn as an angel and claiming to be sent by God to fuck their shit up. And then they got attacked by two tanks and a bunch of paladins.

>DMS
I threw my campaign when I was in a 'fuck it' mood.
Basically it is just the plot of Ushio to Tora mixed with the PCs taking down a cult of cybernetically enhanced Drow.
Nobody in my group knows what Ushio to Tora is so we are having a lot of fun.
>Players
In the game of MAID (the only game I can get others to GM) I am currently playing I am a male albino Dullahan who is working as a maid because of his long-time admiration of them.
Picture the vampire dude from the Preacher comics as a dullahan maid and that is basically him.

>DM
Established city that is governed through bureaucratic trade guilds that was once an enslaved colony of another force has turned a blind eye towards outside affairs as guild master vye for more power and organized crime syndicates make shady deals. The lead military general has grown fed up with this and is making plans to stage a coup - first by eliminating neighboring races and problematic settlements that would threaten their power, and acquiring magical means of creating powerful weapons and soldiers.

The players are fairly unaware of the finer points of this; they got a tip from a bar regular/retired lawman that they are investigating now about a culling that has been offered through the Bounty Hunter organization of some local species that seemed unusual. They showed up to the place and found the village to be crawling of military folk. They're currently looking for the captain of the stationed force to interrogate and investigate what the legion is doing there, but the captain seems to have been abducted during their most recent raid.

>Current character
Thanks Marston
Humble farmers son turned street brawler turned mercenary turned Knight (party saved a small City from a monster attack) turned Eldritch Knight (picked up magic, no real in game explanation unfortunately) turned warrior of mentula, the good of masculine fertility and war (1 level war cleric, found faith when a party member turned warlock and got killed by the dark forces he worked for), now we're in a quest to find mentulas realm as something is killing him and destroying the kingdom's crops

>PLAYERS

Debuffing and buffing bard. Faerie fire and three rogues is a fun combo.

>DMS

We have GURPS session 0 next sunday. I'll figure out what kind of world I'm building then.

>DM

Star Wars FFG game. Players are Jedi, BB8, Not-IG-88, and Not-Chaotic Good Bossk.

>Setting
about 6 years after RotJ, New Republic is getting curb-stomped by Thrawn, who re-unified the Imperial remnant into a real empire.

>what's going on
Where to begin. Either the part where one of the jedi of the group (replaced by not-IG88) went evil and Oklahoma City Bombing'd Coruscant super-max prison to break out a hutt crime-lord (who he sold drugs to as a jedi) and a Separatist scientist (who had a direct hand in designing the Death Star superlaser), or should we start with them selling Nergon-14 WMD material to Jabba's cousin? Or the time they found some stormtrooper holdouts at a very low level of coruscant and not only let them leave (not bad, the stormies were basically ready to leave in peace) but also made the decision to connect the Republic office of naval intelligence to the Imperial data-net, giving the Empire very brief backdoor access to the sensitive Republic defense network, all so that the stormies could establish a connection with imperial high command and get a way home.

Anyway, due to this series of screw-ups and player failures, the Jedi order is no longer under independent authority and has been made into a subset of the Office of Strategic Services (Republic CIA), and is under the authority of a very anti-Jedi Borssk Fey'lah, a bothan who thinks the resources could be spent better elsewhere. Their last mission involved convincing the Camaasi to giving them blood samples to save their collapsing genetic line (they got genocided by the Empire, and are distrusting of ANY authority that wants medical samples), so they had to track down the former Imperial scientist not-Dr. Mengele on Nar Shadaa (who happened to be Evazan, the "I have a death sentence on 12-systems guy") who was making a Frankenstein's monster out of various creatures. The Jedi used himself as bait and got captured, only to be used as a medical guinea pig.

1/2

2/2

The other players busted in right as Dr. Evazan was about to transfer his brain into his new body (to be "perfect"), and they stopped his insanity. They rescued their buddy, free'd the Frankenstein's monster on Dantooine where he once had a farm so he could raise his nerfs/cows (now the only creatures in the galaxy that didn't think he was a monster), and convinced the Caamasi to give them blood samples so they can begin a population rehab program to avoid extinction. The Caamasi then gave a passionate speech about the goodness of the Republic and Jedi, and more systems joined. Happy ending.

>PLAYERS
Current character is a smug ass tiefling sorcerer trying to move up politically in the realm, had the other party member steal some fancy cologne so they could go to a party where he managed to convince two powerful nobles to help him gain back his rightful estate. After finding out someone had been assassinated at the party, lured the assassin into a trap and chased after her with the help of his NPC ally since the rest of the party was incapacitated. Almost finished her off with a surprise Burning Hands but was met with a bullet to the sternum that brought him to a -9. Fortunately the NPC with him had a fantastic heal skill and saved his life. Now trying to bait out a monster out in the woods who's been kidnapping children who wander across the river.

>DM
Starting a Dark Souls themed campaign for a more combat focused campaign at the players' request. Going to start them in a labyrinth made from the immobile bodies of the undead armies of several kingdoms.

>PLAYER
Currently playing an orc barbarian starting to near the end of his lifespan who lost his clan due to a magic-related catastrophe, he has devoted his life to helping people become swole and caring for his adpoted child; a young kobold that loves to dress up as a dragon and play a magic kazoo

Thamus Marston*

>Campaign

Running 5e set in Warhammer fantasy because it's what everyone I'm playing with knows and I like it's mechanics better. Made custom spell lists for each lore and everything.

First campaign is a warrior priest in training, a halfling ranger (uses the lore of Beasts), a metal wizard (died), a swashbuckler (killed by beastmen in Araby (hyena men)), an ogre barbarian, and a skink druid (lore of heavens and life. they saved him from being held as a slave by pirates).
They are on a merchant ship on its way to a colony in lustria but it's taking forever to get there (we have an adventure at some major ports in the old world).

Also running an evil campaign in the same setting where evil characters from all the evil factions decide to group up to hunt warpstone in the empire. Uneasy truce, there was even PvP last session and a skaven gunner blew off a dark elf corsairs head (that player wanted to loot the body of a player who was knocked out, and the other players wouldn't let him)

>PLAYERS.
I'm playing an inventor in Call of Cthulhu. He flunked out of med school but still forces people to call him doctor. After his failed medical career he became a NEET tinkerer and managed to patent a pretty useful new type of tin can. He got fucked and the deal and is still poor. He alternates between praising his genius as an inventor and pretending to know about medicine. Dr Gallian still carries around his medical bag and uses the scalpel as a weapon, He has never managed to save a patient.

>DMS

Currently running a Delta Green campaign that ties into another one we ran. The previous campaign had the Delta Green agents come into contact with the yellow sign and the reality around them started to break down. They got a call that sent them to an area that would allow them to access Carcosa. This new campaign is in the aftermath of that one. I kept the time vague but the new Agents keep meeting people that went missing in the previous one. They also came across an item corrupted by Hastur's influence but they didn't figure out what it is. Their current handlers are a man who went missing in the last campaign, and the usual commands from up top that come anonymously. The handler is completely gone but they won't find that out for a little bit. Want them to do some more filler scenarios before the campaign story goes into full overdrive.

>DMS
Running 2 Games
First is Adventure's League Tyranny of Dragons. Group looking for a Thief who stole some books. They haven't gotten anywhere so far, but the Cleric got arrested after he got bored and broke in to a house and attempted to kidnap some random family.
Game 2 is my first custom campaign. Only done one session which was mostly character creation. Because I have no imagination what-so-ever, campaign is basically a mixture of Oblivion's "cult murders royal family for god reasons" mixed with Skyrim's "civil war after leader is killed", all using names from the Bionicle Universe.

>PLAYERS
One I most recently played as was the chosen champion of a god from the second game above who is out searching for her "destiny". 18 year old human cleric. Surprisingly, haven't been called a heal slut yet. Our group got too big, so we split the party and I started DMing the 2nd game above.

Nobody is replying to anything, but I'm reading every post. It's nice to hear about other people's campaigns.

>Current character
A Scottish necromancer who was initially built for utility but has somehow ended up as a High Lord, the party face and a damn fine punchwizard.

He left his shitty, remote village after some rowdy religious types from the next village over accused him of necromancy (he was a gravedigger) and threatened to burn the place down.

He spent a few years ghostbusting and actually learning magic before joining the party.

It is, and a good way to get ideas

My favourite aspect about this character so far is that he's yet to do any actual necromancy. I mean, I've beaten up another necromancer and shounen protagonist'd him into joining up with us, but I haven't actually cast Raise Dead once.

I can't wait until I get to use my Raise Small Undead cantrip in combination with warding glyphs.

>PLAYERS
An occult loving man from not!Transylvania who managed to contact a powerful being who may or may have not either saved the guy's life from or doomed his parents into becoming undead slaves of an angry vampire. Seeing this not being exactly the best time for sentimentality, he bolts out of country and ends surviving three other incidents while the people around him got slaughtered. He just now wants to bum about like a, well, bum and learn secrets in peace while imagining himself as a professor of the esoteric and generally claiming to be one, which is his last string attached to his old life of wanting to become a true scholar.

Traveller, Classic Era

Aethelric Hrothbeorhtson Winceaster (aka Aethen), a 50 year old sword-worlds starship captain. The rest of the party includes his wife (a half-Darrian from Tarsus, who is their broker / admin) and their two kids. The elder son is supposed to be the ship's engineer, but is more interested in computer hacking, forgery, and other "criminal" technical skills. The younger daughter is a psionic medic and face character.

They have a 300 ton ex-military transport they run as a merchant. They take passengers, but it's more like a bed-and-breakfast as opposed to a hotel-like experience. The ship is well armed, still has a military electronic warfare suite, and is jump 2.

The campaign started with them working the Sword Worlds, but after running afoul of a powerful noble, they are working their way through imperial territory. They've been moving up the main, not sure if they'll turn toward Jewell, Regina, or Aramis.

No one, because I have no one to play with

Anything really. D&D, Exalted, M&M, those are ones I really wanna play, but I aint picky. The only game store I know of that has tabletop RPGs is really fucking far away.

Just about to start a game with a party of 9 players.
Shit's gonna be pretty insane for a while, especially as half of them are total strangers to everyone else.

Still looking forward to it though.

DM:island colony under attack from yuan ti trying to start a civil war between the islanders and the main land so the yaun ti can kidnap people so their leader can become a god

players: airhead tiefling sorcerer, grizzled gnome sniper, hot headed human storm cleric,
kenku trickster cleric with a gambling addiction.

have you ever thought about doing an online game?

A human oracle of the god of good dragons. Following a vision that a new kingdom should be formed under a Queen of Dragons, she has decided that she is destined to be that queen and has started adventuring in search of a way to make her vision a reality.

Unfortunately, since it's a pretty new campaign, she's not much more than a (not so bright) young adult with a dragon fixation and a superiority complex. Her plan is to pretend she's already a queen and eventually she'll just become one. Also secretly hoping one day her god will gift her with the ability to cast Form of the Dragon.

I've considered it, but I also hesitate at the idea of becoming part of a game with a bunch of strangers.

MY CHARACTER'S A RANGER WHO'LL HAND OUT A BEAT-DOWN TO ANYONE WHO'S LOOKIN' FOR IT.
HE'S GOTTEN FED UP WITH PEOPLE FUCKING HIM ABOUT AND TAKEN THE REINS BY MUSCLING HIS WAY INTO A POSITION OF LEADERSHIP. THE PREVIOUS LEADER NEVER STOOD A CHANCE IN A STRAIGHT FIGHT.
NOW HE'S GOT MANPOWER AND RESOURCES TO DIRECT TOWARDS FINDING GARLAND SO HE CAN ASK HIM SOME VERY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.
OH, AND THERE'S ALSO SOME HALLUCINOGENIC CONTRABAND TO MOVE AND MAYBE A TURF WAR BETWEEN RIVAL GANGS WHICH I'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO GET INVOLVED IN.
PLUS THE GOVT IS CRACKING DOWN SO THERE MIGHT BE A CIVIL WAR IN THE FUTURE.

MY CHARACTER IS SO FUCKING SICK OF GETTING ROPED INTO PEOPLE'S SHIT HE'S ABOUT TO CRASH THE ENTIRE CITY WITH NO SURVIVORS.

But all these plot developments making my char increasingly frustrated will feed perfectly into my planned Barb multi-class so that's cool

The team is locked into a conspiracy involving the Republic of Cascadia's most recent weapons development project and Third Life Industries, trying to make a buck while staying alive as TLI attempts to steal their acquired data and Cascadia aids in the cover-up without directly getting involved to keep deniability.
Their current solution (come up with by the team's psychic and the team's replicant) is to make it offworld to the orbital colonies where they can pawn the data anonymously and then re-enter the atmosphere in another part of the globe to escape the law.

>PLAYERS
I'm playing a half-orc butlerbarian. It's stupid and fun.

>DMS
I have on game on hiatus that may never come back to to life circumstances. It's an island-hopping game set in between !greek humans and !polynesian halflings. We made it like 25 sessions in at least before the hiatus.

I have a game loosely based on Star Ocean/Star Trek for a husband and wife pair, they're a specialized science ship seeking out out-of-place artifacts that might represent violations of the prime directive. That one has only run 3-4 times but it looks like a hit with the 2 players.

I am also running a post-apocalyptic game of Pokemon Tabletop United set in Texas, but that one is just barely off the ground.

This seems cool.

I like your doctor, he reminds me of my sister's exhusband. He's a shit dude but would make a great PC.

Frontier World guardsman who speaks like he came out of the wild west. A crack shot with a lasgun and the only member of the Inquisitor's retinue who doesn't hate her interrogator. Has a bad habit of tempting fate.

> WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR CAMPAIGN. GIVE US THE SCOOP.

My D&D party is currently under trial for murder. They're guilty as sin, but one of my players really likes Ace Attorney.

DM here (pathfinder, first time dming)

The party has been offered a job by a retired lich to send a package to an old adventuring pal (elf who became the general of an elf nation). But is very far away but the package isnt super urgent so the group can take their time getting there. In the mean time they are going along with a caravan group that is going to go across the land.

This seems like an excellent setup for a first-time DM game. Is there going to be a twist when the package gets delivered?

>DMS.

Players just recruited the last giant alive in the region and the overgrown dragon who terrorized the area for a good few centuries to help them tackle the problem of a lich being an epicenter of a paradox that needs to be cleared so they can find the last known scroll that has the coordinates for a teleportation device that sends them to a demiplane slapdash in the crossroads of the four elemental planes in order to find the last member of a dead race so they can correct their last mistake: killing the giant octopus monster made from themselves after an angry god whacked their civilization with a hammer until only a lake with nice perfectly hexagonal craters at it's bottom.

A pompous Elven prince of a far-off eastern Great Power. He was pampered his entire life before going out to explore the world. It's not going well, but he's become a a good cavalryman and a crack shot with his service revolver.

WHO THE FUCK IS YOUR CURRENT CHARACTER. TELL ME ABOUT THEM.
A halfling rouge who grew up in the underdark in a shitty town who just wants to be hired by royalty and will leave the party behind for the chance to be hired.
DMS.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR CAMPAIGN. GIVE US THE SCOOP.

Finally revealed that the ex-party member is evil and are trying to find him.

>WHO THE FUCK IS YOUR CURRENT CHARACTER. TELL ME ABOUT THEM
His name is Shark Vol, an Ogryn that was placed as the medic of a squad. with permission of the GM, I managed to get 200 extra starting EXP to get Medicae skilled, so im not working at an awful disadvantage. He's big, tough but oddly delicate with the smaller people around him and VERY MUCH aware of himself being big and not just everything else being small. he's part of a penal legion because on his first mission, his Sergeant got shot in the chest and the first thing he did was apply pressure to the wound, but he put too much and crushed the NCO. After the officers viewed his case, they declared he didn't kill him intentionally, he was just doing what he was told to do, but he still had to be punished for what he did, so he was placed in the 422nd penal legion on Tranch

if the other players and/or the GM reads this, im not gonna story time our adventures here, im not good enough a storyteller to make it happen especially when there are big shoes to fill for that such as those of TwoDee and Shoggy

I'm playing a Ratfolk Artificer named Sovvog.

I am the party face.

They think I've used Necromancy to raise the corpse of a C-list villain we fought.

In reality they didn't check the fucking body and I've made him a sweet deal on working for me.

It involves not setting him on fire with my alchemist fire.

>PLAYERS.
I'm playing a Cleric of Bahamut in an Apocalypse campaign. Attempting to fend off the end of the world with my party, and focusing on saving the masses from beasts of destruction.

>DMS.
I'm also running a game where my players are attempting to take over a nation with only each other and the ability to magically brand people to their will if they put them at their emotional breaking point, or nearly kill them. So far, so good. Of course, the players themselves are branded by the Patron Elder God, so that's helping to keep things on track.

>DMs
My players are venturing out into a ghost-haunted swamp in the hopes of destroying an altar dedicated to an eldritch horror trapped in the moon. They tried to rally the city watch to help them but only got one doddering old man with delusions of grandeur lost and 4 watch members who will probably try to kill them for dragging them out into the miserable cold of the mire and making them do their jobs, as well as one lonely but dutiful priestess who is delighted to be included.

Cont'd
>Players
My character has been put in charge of an expedition to a Dead World to track down the authorization codes for a Magenta-Level clearance access to an Inquisitor's bunker, where he was promptly assassinated. Said character is an Imperial Navy medic who is only too happy to be a background underachiever.

Half-orc Fighter- xenophobic against full orcs, believes hes human, believes anyone who says he isnt is evil and is trying to fuck with him would love Dakka if it existed

>PLAYER
teenager who's gone from tempest cleric to twilight druid by pissing off her gods champion and then fucking with some dwarf shit, is now an arch druid to the raven queen and is in the process of curing the shadow land

>DM

My campaign currently has my players preparing for their next encounter with their main enemies, primarily through the collection of ancient artifacts and by attempting to find the last member of a group of half-incubus/succubus half-siblings. In addition, there are several major subplots going on with each character, and they're unwittingly assembling a weaker version of themselves. Plus, there's a few romance things going on.

The party paladin has been placed in charge of a holy order that was decimated by one of the main villains of the campaign (when he was possessing one of the party's allies, which will be a point of conflict). She now has to begin the process of rebuilding it while dealing with everything else going on.

The tinker/artificer is one of two players tasked with creating an extension of the thieves' guild in the players' city, and as such has to recruit people to that. He's also being stalked by a succubus psion who plans on making him her boytoy.

The sorcerer is losing control of her abilities and is training to not burn things down in her sleep.

The warlock is coming to love the others as her family, and

The rogue is in a similar boat as the artificer, but has to deal with being an outsider to the group (having joined only recently) and the fact that the head of the main branch of the guild is her dad.

We will soon be having a bard specializing in oratory skills (he's a politician) joining the party. He's going to be trying to use the party for his own ends back in the capital.

Teenage half-Orc. A barbarian Totem Warrior.

Only quite recently traveled to civilized society. Quite spiritual. Wields a maul made from a hunk of quartz. More curious than distrustful, and thusly naive.

Wear body paint, and little else at all but coverings made from tanned alligator flesh.

She keeps things from the things she kills. Hide, horns, ears or fingers etc.

Both 5e.

>Player
CE Lizardfolk Barbarogue who is constantly bickering with the party's Paladin over whether or not the job the Paladin sent us on is going to get pay us. Paladin fell (got better) after handling an evil artefact, so I am carrying it until we can give it to someone who won't totally fuck everything up. Finally revealed to the party that the lizardfolk is actually female, after 5 levels, because warmbloods are too dumb to notice the subtle differences.

>GM
The party is on a missing person case, of their own creation, in the Astral Sea. A stand-off involving bags of holding and portable holes went wrong/right. The group is about to delve into a rat-folk vault in a giant's castle in order to find something to help navigate the Astral Plane. Just revealed that the mystic's imaginary friend might not be imaginary.

(You)
>>This seems cool.

Shucks man the appreciation is encouraging.

I like this concept. I hope you don't play up the effeminate elf stereotype, though.

I'm a sucker for old adventurers as plot elements, I'd gladly play in your game, user

>Player
Playing an undead Gnome Necromancer. He used to be a lich, sealed his powers because they were more trouble than they were worth it and he usually just sat around in his underground manor anyway, becoming centuries old. Now touring around with a renowned group of adventourers trying to stop a crazy raven goddess from resurrecting Tiamat and wrecking the world.

>DM
Re-writing the campaign I'm DMing because I wrote myself in a corner onto a path of super railroading, hoping we get a game together once I fixed my plot.

>wanting to play
Always wanted to play an illusionist or play a game using Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles as a setting.

>Player
5e Crossbow Human Fighter (battlemaster). Young man, formerly a member of the Tinkerer's guild. He made clocks and fun little clockwork toys for nobility. Always had a fascination with crossbows, and had been playing with ways to make them better. His shop burned down, so he turned to a life of adventure because he had nothing left.
Currently on a quest to save the paladin's wife cause DM couldn't resist. It's pretty fun. We're level 8 right now, so I've just got the last feat I needed. (Started with Crossbow freat, maxed dex first and just got Sharpshooter last level up). It's pretty awesome.

>WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF GAME ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
Trying to to find a system that will support a arctic/postapocalyptic setting that supports a focus on exploration and horror

Very tired of trying to homebrew systems with a ton of effort only for most of it being completely irrelevant

>A young male Alchemist Mage that has been roped into mad political bullshit, featuring a loli Lord and a lot of female (or male-turned female) Artists. Remove Chaos.
You're playing Grancrest?

He's a nice guy. He just wants to help the little person. Dragonborn Paladin.

>People between games.
Hmm. No LGS at this time.
Last month I ran a demo game of Battletech for some of my co-workers. They enjoyed it, but this month has also been rather busy with events and parties around town so I've not pushed the topic.

Also, without an LGS the only place is my apartment, which means I've got a shitton of cleaning to do first.

>Grubthak the Knob Goblin
Grub as he was originally called is my longest run character I've played for seven years now off and on and has gone through several iterations.
At first he was just a run of the mill goblin mage with a serious case of Tourettes which eventually led to him becoming Grubfuck. Which led to Grubthak (a startling coincidence to a famous d&d character). However at this point he wasn't what he is today and got retired for several years.

Then I brought him back to life in d&d 5e where I played him as a goblin warlock. He was the biggest meme character starting as chaotic evil and slowly becoming more chaotic and more evil. Furthermore since we rolled for stats I ended up with the following numbers 3, 7, 8, 11, 13, 16. Yeah he fucking sucked at everything with -4 Strength.

Within my group he soon became infamous for surviving what would otherwise be a TPK and then after a year or so when the DM revealed that Grubthak and his deity was behind these killings he became a hunted man.

During this hunt the other players all brought out their best characters. Many sessions were spent trying to end the tyranny for once and all. It led to a final confrontation where Grubthak blew up the building there were all in and was saved by his god after a nat20 prayer. Alive and in hiding he left again for another year.

Recently a strange small humanoid cloaked in darkness has joined the party... I wonder what will happen when they realize that he's back. I have lots of good stories with this funny little fucker.

I've got nothing, and I don't even know what I want.
text games on roll20 have been the only way I've playing and they've been pretty mediocre experiences
I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, I think there's something about tg games that I don't quite grasp yet that keeps me from me enjoying it right.
I think I should just find a very basic game before going straight for the more complex ones.

>PLAYERS:
Currently in a campaign with two and want to play the third in another one.

I have a cleric in Dark Heresy that is afraid of cybernetics and corpses and the only one of her ex-cult that wasn't aware or involved in a heretical doctrine that was spread by her heretical second in command when the inquisition came knocking. Recently found that out and she wants retribution.

My other character is a perpetually grumpy ex-bandit ranger that is our adventuring party's go-to for morally objectionable tasks, As long as there is loot and no one attacks his dog, he's fine with only complaining constantly.

and my last character i was to use is a young half orc barbarian who grew up as a hauler and seasonal laborer before trying her luck in the fighting pits, got noticed by a merc captain and brought into the company, then the company got wiped out after a few weeks and she is trying to get it back to glory again by pretending she is a rough mercenary veteran even if she has no idea of what she is doing.

>Between Games.

Anything that can cater to a GMT+2 timezone really.

>DM
Planning to run a festival session with all sorts of mini-games for the party to participate in and win prizes and take part in roleplay. Gonna grab a ton of pies, fancy bread loafs, cheese selections, some ham joints and cook up some stews and have it all on the table whilst we play. There will be a small plot towards the end of the session where one of the exotic 'moving plants' in the menagerie (zoo) starts enthralling people. After this, there's going to be a short break from the campaign and when we return the party will be sent off to close a demonic rift that's been churning out demons for 500 years.

>DM's

I was also planning on running a campaign which is pretty standard but would feature two acts with player stories woven into it. One of the bosses will involve slapping halflings away from spoiled and poisonous pies. Players would start with the investigation of a great barrow where suspicious individuals are gathering

>PLAYERS.
Human warlock-paladin. He sold his soul and has regained his drive to do good. Recently married an elf after knocking her up. The party is now on a war path against BBEG who's plan is to surpass the gods by shoving them in mortal bodies, kill the mortals and absorb their essence. He's had the fighter's wife for months in game and we recent found out that shits whack where he's ruling. Like ghost towns where kids mjrdered their parents, women and children impaled and stumps with the occasional demon or aberration.
>DMS.
The party knows where the Lich who has been fucking with them lives. Don't know how to exactly kill him but they're going to march over and try smiting him.

>PLAYERS.
A warforged fighter, originally made by a powerful mage many, many years ago. It was used to play chess, and recreate historical battles along with other warforged.
It believes that time is nothing by an ever growing cycle of war. Goes by the name Black Queen Side Rook, though B.Q.S.R is an acceptable abbreviation.
When the mages tower collapsed, It spent a couple of hundred years on the ocean floor, before being caught in the nets of a fishing boat. Now It fights for a small rebel force, not because It agrees with them, but because there is a war to fight, and if there is a war, It is a participant.

DM here, in between adventures in a long ongoing campaign. Currently adapting over White Plume Mountain to my setting, and inserting things /changing names to make it cohesive with the overarching themes and events of the campaign.

IE Wave, Whelm, and Blackrazor are all shards of a key that are needed to finish a machine that will help power a Spelljamming Helm

AND NOW
RATE EACHOTHER'S SHIT OUT OF TEN

>WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN YOUR CAMPAIGN
Early 1900s London. The UK constitutes an enormous empire that has swollen across the world with only one major competitor. Society is ruled by magicians, who perform their magic by enslaving demons. Setting loosely based on The Bartimaeus Trilogy. I'm playing an interesting sort of game where I have a lot of players who may run into each other but mostly do their own thing and of course can keep secrets from each other, lie, cooperate, etc.
>The Officer: A werewolf for the special antimagic police, and deeply conflicted about mage-run society.
>The Artist: A Bohemian who indulges in the most hedonistic society has to offer by day, but plots blood magic and rapid social mobility at night.
>The War Priest: A young demon hunter from a monastic order that raises orphans to protect the innocent. He's doing his best to do just that.
>The Artisan: A specialist in binding demon souls into objects to harness their magical effects. By night, a depraved vigilante with a twisted since of justice.
>The Confessor: A former-magician-turned-nun. She seeks to end the conflict and hate between humans and demons.
>The Apprentice: A toady of his mistress, he has over timed developed an expertise in the study of monsters. He's learning to be confident in himself.
>The Demoness: Black eyes, black skin, ram horns. She has found a certain joy in service, and seeks to do her master's bidding by any means.

Current events:
>After the recovery of the extremely powerful talisman MacGuffin, it was stolen by perfidious interlopers. Intelligence suggests it may be sold soon on the black market. It'll be up to our heroes to intervene before someone uses the artifact to upset the order and potentially destroy London or dismantle the empire.

how do you run that? play by post?

I'm playing a Bard who's basically Shirou, with the same illogical way of thinking. Thankfully, I've been rolling really well when it counts. DM and other PC have both been extremely busy lately, so I haven't played in around two weeks.