Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Celestine Edition

Warhammer Community news(Imperial Knight: Freeblade Join the 30th Birthday Celebrations)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/MKIIC-Rhino-Dozer-Blade
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for the First

And fuck Space Wolves

So with Alan Bligh gone to join the Emperor, what's going to happen to 30k?

Is GW main going to take it over? Will we have primaris as a 0-1 choice in our 30k armies to represent Cawl's earliest work before he hid it away?

Third for Guard blessed by Celestine and sisters

>0-1 choice

More like Primaris armies in 30k. Marines are getting squatted. There's nowhere to hide.

Spent the afternoon progressing on my sternguard, faces still a complete bitch, more at 11.

What's new on your table today anons?

Are you ready?

>According to various Wikis and 1d4chan, around 94% of existing Space Marine Chapters came to accept Primaris Marines into their ranks.
Who are the 6% that are so strong as a chapter that they don't need Super Space Marines in their ranks? Even the SWs and BAs accepted the Primaris.

building a necrospyhix, great kit i'll use it as a maulerfiend with out converting it.

So today I got destroyed by sisters. Tabled 9-18 turn 6.
How did your day go so far?

They were going to be Crypt Ghouls with the odd cable or robotic part to represent random cloned motherfuckers. Strap Radium Pistols, Stub/Radcarbine or lasgun barrels, whatever works to their arms, since I suspect if I ask the local Guard players they may have a few lasguns spare.
Also work as Horus Heresy Levies or Tech-Thralls if we get those in IA14.

>1d4chan

As far as genre ficiton goes, this is pretty damn good so far.

I don't think any other series besides maybe Eisenhorn does as good a job at world building.

>34 points cheaper than a 4 las Predator
>Can take 9 more Lascannon shots or 16 more Dark Lance shots before dying
>Firepower is slightly worse

Why would you take Predators?

One thing I'd like to see GW do is make more "Triumvirate" sets for occasional story advancements, and one way I think they could use this practice to kill two birds with one stone is to make a box with alternate special characters for the Mechanicus, representing a council from the different Forge Worlds who oppose Cawl's shenanigans. They could put the unique character weapons in the box alongside the standard codex Dominus gear, so people end up having more Dominus models to choose from, as well as special characters who aren't Cawl.
If they're going to go big on monopose boxes, they might as well make them not entirely static and monopurpose. They should make their character models look not entirely generic like the old space marine commander plastic box, but still give them summa dat flexibility and customisation by making them compatible with each other and including variant bits in the boxes. A bit like a more in-depth version of how the Fateweaver model kit is also the generic LoC model kit, or how the one knight box makes all the knight units.

We're unlikely to get any new models, but using old models in new ways is fair game. Psyker Dreads, demi-hero sorcerers as elites, maybe Tzaangor shamans or champions from Sigmar.

I'm more interested in how they handle our psykery and the Rule of 1. Given that Eldar are getting 18 powers, I really hope we get more than just six. Maybe keep Dark Hereticus, get a Tzeentch discipline, and five powers for the Cults?

What are some essential units for Ynnari?

Reminder:

>chaos primaris will roll for stats, with d3 for wounds and 2d6 for leadership
>if you roll a 1 on anything, they immediately suffer a mortal wound

Skill!

Probably some chapter that doesn't trust the new Marines because they don't believe in tempering with the Emprah's work. That, or some even more fanatical chapter than the Ultramarines that follows the Codex so strictly that they're even willing to follow its rules over the author responsible for penning it. In their view, the Primaris Marines are not codex compliant and their mere inclusion is a violation in accordance with the 1000 marine chapter limit.

>Who are the 6% that are so strong as a chapter that they don't need Super Space Marines in their ranks?
Not strong, just autistic.
I would like to see some fluff on them though. Unless GW only included this as an out so that hombrew chapters could claim fealty to the fluff without gradually replacing themselves with primaris marines. It would be sort of out-of-character for the Guilliman who forced the codex astartes on other primarchs to allow 6% of space marine chapters to refuse to integrate the primaris marines who represent both an improvement in firepower and troops with more of an attachment to him.

New kits and all, that doesn't fix Breachers being overcosted-but-resilient shit that has no place in a list, especially when Vanguard exist.
And models will NOT come, despite what GW lied to us, since everyone is waiting on Cyraxus, so GW washes its hands. "It's up to FW now!".
Which may not be released next year either.
And it's not like Cyraxus will give you reasons to bring Breachers either

What am I looking at here? She kinda looks like a Judge. Is that Megatron in the background?

>if this happened it would be celebrated as extremely fluffy and great rules... by Space Marine players, who always celebrate when armies (other than their own) get le so random rules

Holy shit, are plasma inceptors a huge trap unit or are they stupid good? Almost 300pts for 6 wounds is kind of crazy.

Depends what faction you wanna base it on.

CWE:
Dark Reapers, Warp Spiders, Farseers on Jetbikes

DE:
Ravagers, Razorwing Jetfighters, Reavers (on mass theyre great with soulburst), Scourges with Dark Lances

Harlequins:
Troupe, Master, Shadowseer, Solitaire and Starweavers

You can also take a wraith force, loaded into wave serpents for a minimal model force. And of course you need The Yncarne and Yvraine, not so much the Visarch.

You answered your own question.

What happened to the Gargant?

Couple questions my dudes;
Are tau piranhas good? Whats a good loadout for them?

And whats the difference between the old fire warrior box versus the new one? I saw 10 vs 12 guys, but anything else? Which is objectively better?

Nothing

Personally I just want a generic Archmagos. Cawl's statline, 230pts base.

Gets an Axe base, but has the ability to take a whole bunch of different guns, Power Fist, etcetera.
Also gets a Chapter Master-Grade (not Cawl's ignore modified misses) 6" reroll aura.

Can pick a whole bunch of different Specializations like Daemon Princes pick Gods.

Genetor: grants 6+ FnP to D3 units in his detachment
Dominus: Aura becomes Cawl-grade
Malagra: +2A, reroll failed hits and wounds when fighting Characters
Reductor: Can reroll D3 DAMAGE rolls per turn for his army.
Macrotek: Pick one VEHICLE in your army, hand it Canticles if it lacks them. Basically, take a nice allied unit and claim it as custom toyz.
Probably some others, and these might be utterly broken, but you get the idea.

Something happened though, it's not been in a codex for ages now, GW seems to have forgotten about it.

Here's the corrected profiles.

They're a waste of points right now. Forgeworld piranhas are way better. They may be useful in higher point games though, because they move fast and are a decent screen for shots.

There is no wip thread and i cant be arsed to make one, so i post stuff here

Also you post what you are working on/ your last project you finished

IG 2k list
Battalion
>Company commander
>Company commander w/ plasma pistol, kurov's aquila
>Lord Commissar w/ plasma pistol, power maul, deathmask of ollanious (warlord)
>3x infantry squads w/ Heavy bolter team, bolter
>Commissar w/ boltgun
>2x Mortar squad
Battalion
>3x Company commander
>3x Infantry squad w/ Autocannon, Bolter, Plasmagun
>Commissar w/ boltgun
>Command squad w/ medi-pack and 3 sniper rifles
>2x Mortar Squad
Spearhead
>LR exterminator commander w/ Heavy bolter sponsons, heavy stubber
>Plasmacutioner
>4x Basilisks
>2x Wyverns
>Deathstrike missile

Nothing is what happened
It's never been in the codex.

wait till ork kodex comes out

me likey

Looks good.

Drill flamer, pls.

Warlord trait: Grand strategist

All the myriad Magi and ARCHmagi in the Imperium NOT covered by a single model? What is this, FW? ;__;

I made some terrain

Where's your stinky nurgling?

Did you think that the extra fluff made those guys worth it?

Fairly sure it's been in the codex before, seeing as I can find data on it everywhere.

Personally, I'd love to see FW bring it back.

If I was to use truescale marines which I've been converting since about a year before primaris, and now want to include some primaris into my list, shall I just make bigger primaris so that they are identifyable, what about maybe a different colour scheme?

Would you play against a truescale army?

Would you play against a truescale army which then uses truescale primaris?

Any way to get the whtv vods without paying a fucking fiver to hear them talk about my own army?

>Deathstrike missile
It's shit but your other units are good enough to make up for it.

>piranhas good?
They are better but tau suffer competitively in general right now, if you were going to take them go burst-cannon

>old vs new Firewarriors
just a new sprue with less dudes, if you can get an older box I'd say do it

Roll and paint boys. Or just look up some fluff.

It's great scheme even when clean, both DG and World Eaters downgraded their style when they went rogue.

Easy part done, now to get weapons, backpacks and heads primed...

repostan form last thread. 30 to go.

No

>It's shit
it's great

How do I into orks?

How do I take myself so ironically and care so little about myself to be able to play and collect orks? Are there any films I should watch? Books I should read?

You got tabled by a sister playing Melta Immolator ? How did he played with it. Genuinely curious. Melta immolator suffer from a terminal case of being a nearly immobile 2 melta shot for 122 pts.

Is there a tool for palette picking? Say I wanna see a few colors together on a model, does that exist for shit that's not power armor?

Melta Immolator garbage. Use repressors instead

Is the guy on the left breaking his aquila?
HERESY

I just started my ork army. My philosophy sp far has been "buy whatever". Working out so far.

It's supposed to come to the Citadel app soon. No idea when.

Rolled 90 (1d100)

Go on then, got a spare primaris chap to paint up in some scheme or other. Rolling both dice and post number like the bet-hedging fuck I am.

shit stick nurgling will get painted a other time, i dont like little companions on bases desu

also i mostly bought them because im a sucker for limited stuff so theres that

He had 2 of those with4 meltas in there with celestine and 10 jetpack sisters and a heavy bolter squad

Yeah it looked like the app just showed me colors I need for existing schemes. Boring.

Yeah, he kinda was already branded as a heretic, though?

>Are there any films I should watch?
Fury Road
>Books I should read?
DEFF SKWADRON

You didn't feel like making something that actually had some kind of in-game effect?

Roll/

Its good for getting a nice list set up, just waiting for the mixer tool.

Aha you're fucked, unless you're good

Minotaurs and other chapters that exist just to be the attack dogs of some other organisation? I think that's just put in to let your dudes be strong independnet marinelets that don't need no chad, without contradicting the canon though.

Roll/

>Imperial warship literally guns all around, still manages to be a moving cathedral of the Emperor
Beautiful.

That's an ork battleship.

Fuck you Orks a best.

But you want Deff Skwadron.

Reposting again, just to see if there's anybody else interested:

I'm currently working on a homebrew inquisition codex mostly based on the 3ed Inquisition (Inquisitor + retinue toolbox/deathstar unit). So far I have made profiles for:

> Inquisitor: 3 variants for each quarry. I brought back several weapons that got axed from the previous edition. Each inquisitor generate its own warlord trait (think Imperial Agent). Same power as 8ed. Still get Authority of the Inquisition.
> Inquisitor lord: buffed up Inquisitor. Bigger (and mandatory) retinue. +1W and Ld. 8ed Unquestionable wisdom rule.

Then, retinue members (act as one unit):
> Interrogator: 8ed Acolyte with 3W and improved wargear choice
> Bodyguard : Scion equivalent. Cheap cqc buffer, gives the Inquisitor +1WS (sounds a bit off, still thinking what to do with that)
> Priest: same as 8ed: expensive cqc buffer
> Sage: Same as 3ed: gives the Inquisitor +1BS. 2 Sage = re roll one To Hit/turn.
> Jokaero: same as 8ed (except for the pseudo lascannon which get buffed): expensive shooting buffer.
> Servitor: same as 8ed, but get better thanks to other servants.
> Crusader: looses its Zealot rule.
> Cherub: aoe Ld debuff and +1 psychic test for friendly psyker. psyker peril on a double 1, 2 and 6 with its help.
> Servo-skull: prevent deepstrike within 18". Very fragile
> Mystic: cheap Coteaz's spy network. Might change.
> Bound Psyker: Psykers with boosted roll for each additional model. Know a specific power (Psychic Tide: Charge 8. Enemy unit take 1D6 mortal wound for each bound psyker.) If a Psyker peril, they all peril.
> Chirurgeon: cheap human healer.
> Daemonhost: Same as 8ed, but its supersonic power might change.
> Arco-flagellant: same as 8ed
> Maybe Techpriest

What do you think ? And sorry if there's any typos, english is not my first language. Oh and pic related is my first "batch" of profiles.

How do I make repressors, Forge World don't sell that shit anymore.

Aren't all chapters just pets and attack dogs of the ultramarines though?

What're your wargear lists like? Can Inquisitors get invulnerable saves?

Chinese recast ?

But it's grey.
And not an asteroid with balloons to make it not sink in water.
And ork fliers are fucking dive-bombing it.
How can it be not-human?

Oh shit eh?

Well I do have one that I got before for that one defiler conversion... maybe I'll use it when starting out. And sweetness; Amazon still has some older ones. I'll see about getting them. I can make breachers from them right?

Now that Guilliman is Lord Regent, yes. Wait for Dorn and the Lion to come back.

It's mostly a distraction carnifex for my other artillery that might mess stuff up. Also forgot I have an aegis wall too

>dip in chrome paint
>done?

Did he actually moved them or just scout and camp ?

>pic related
you fugged up

but you have my attention

So they can kiss his feet?

>Ork movies
Black Hawk Down

Both? He scout moved and then disembarked

Fuck nope, GW and plasticard and shit only, matey, sorry

She's a police. Arbites.

oh right, forgot to mention that breachers are exclusive to the new box. old box is riflemen only

Anyone running all primaris?

>What're your wargear lists like?
I have to organise my wargear list. But models with large weapon choices (Inquisitor, Inquisitor Lord and Interrogator) will share the same list, with Ordo items exclusive to the Inquisitor.

>Can Inquisitors get invulnerable saves?
Malleus get the Terminator armour. Maybe there will be Storm Shield for them, I don't know yet. There will be a lot of meatshield (Crusaders, Bodyguard, Interrogator), so I don't really think they need some.

Why would you? The only thing going for them is 'cool models' and even then the Agressors, Reivers, Inceptors and Repulsor are divisive on that front. Their lore is boring as heck. Their rules aren't anything special. They don't have a lot of variety.

Who cares?

>DEFF SKWADRON
This thing is like 100$ on eBay. There's one at my FLGS. Be right back, tg

SHINY AND CHROME

Reminds me of an ME3 femshep artwork.

Captain Imperium: Civil War, with Guilliman as Iron Man, Dorn as Captain America, and the Lion as Bucky.

A real fear I have is that Dorn will be portrayed as a fedora who disavows the Ecclesiarchy and the Black Templars. They already did that in 30k and 40k Guilliman has already bitched enough about 40k. I hope they paint him black and gold and have him more like the Black Templars in borderline Khorne-tier Perturabo-style autistic rage.

I would start with this
forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/MKIIC-Rhino-Dozer-Blade