Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1806: Slow Evening Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/new-job
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can someone post the Dishonored 2 update? It's nowhere in the drive.

Need to know if two traits I added are different enough for virus table. One is for Progenitor and the other is for C-Virus:

-Host Bonding (200GP) (Pg): It goes without saying that the Progenitor virus is as useful as it is deadly. Whatever it doesn’t kill it turns into some obscene super-being that stands above other beings. Literally. Which makes its evolution into the t-Virus curious, in which it was introduced to a leech before it infected another host instead. Your virus now has the same trait, mutating into an entirely new virus when introduced to an animal via bonding with the host, and allowing the animal to infect someone instead. Be careful, as the leech’s 'gift' made it so this new Progenitor virus zombified anyone it killed with a desire for flesh. Who knows what other animals would do to it.

-Blood Donor (300GP) (C): When you think about it, viruses are really just carriers of genetic payloads. When they enter a body, they start infecting cells and overwriting it with their own genetic material. This trait takes complete advantage of this little fact, allowing you to spin someone’s genetic sequence into your virus to impart traits of that person upon the host. One must be very careful to not let it overwrite the host too much, as it could result in a brain wipe… unless that’s what you’re going for.

It's in the uploads folder.

What are some street level hero or vigilante style settings?

>that pic
A question for the ages. Also, both of those look different enough to me, Red. They should be good.

Kamen Rider Showa Part 1 and 2, Batman the Animated Series, Duel Monsters: The Heroes, and I guess technically Generic Magical Girl and Madoka Magica: Wraith Arc if you count magical girl series? The Madoka Magica jump would count, but Walpurgisnacht is a thing.

Reposting this because it was near the end of the thread

Ver 0.7 - All Builder And Miner now has a mapping function to let you navigate the area so you don’t accidentally drill into something unexpected and screw up. Clarified other things. Rewrote Oxylite item description so it’s clearer.

And learned a new word in the process--sublimation is the name for solids becoming a gas, which is exactly what Oxylite does. Yay!

I... maybe I'm just stupid, but I really don't see how these two would be similar?

For the first one I assume that the Progenitor has the infect everything as a default? Otherwise it would be a waste of points. Looks good otherwise though. What would happen if I spliced it with Wolves and then introduced it into Space Wolves so that they can wolf while they wolf?

For Blood Donor (inspired after the whole Carlas > Ada Wong I assume) perhaps also give the ability to preset the virus with an individual in mind (whether it be Jumper, companions, or hey a random RE character)

>More notes
>Slight buff to Madonna
This should be it.

Looking for some feedback/extra eyes on the Armored Core 4/for Answer Jump (v1.3). Any suggestions or comments on what is/isn't working would be really appreciated.

Which Martial Art would you recommend for one who had to fight enemies vastly more powerful than oneself? We're talking Bleach/Naruto levels here

I want fire hair /jc/. Where do I get fire hair? Pic related.

Someone was working on a Hercules jump. not sure what the progress on that is.

Can you put your Martial Art discount towards learning all (8) of the Southern Yardplay Martial Arts, or only to the basic purchase (2)?

Didn't some claim the Hercules Jump recently? There'll probably be a perk when that comes out

Ah, nice to see that you stuck to the prevailing theme with Gauntlets. Choosing painful and grueling worlds in which to spend our years. Thank you :)

I think The Avengers jump has a mutation option that could work for this.
The Hades in Once Upon a Time also has fire hair.

>going Witch in Wadanohara
>importing some of my Pokemon as Familiars

On a scale of "not much" to "stop, stop, he's already dead," how unfair am I being to anyone who picks a fight with these guys thinking they're just normal animals?

Inside Out has a 100cp Perk that does so.

We DO have a Kemonomimi Friends jump, right?

We wish.

No.

>impart traits of that person upon the host

What kind of traits? Like make people act like Abraham Lincoln, or mutate pele into biological brham Lincoln clones, or impart Abraham Lincoln's A rank Anti-Thaumaturgy Noble Phantasm Rail Splitter?

I mean, familiars in their higher levels can already do stuff like summon swards of sharks or release the Kraken, so not much.

Just checking.

>For the first one I assume that the Progenitor has the infect everything as a default? Otherwise it would be a waste of points. Looks good otherwise though. What would happen if I spliced it with Wolves and then introduced it into Space Wolves so that they can wolf while they wolf?
See, normally the Progenitor has a "kill all humans without proper genes" bit. But infecting a leech and then placing the leech on a human utterly mutated it, making it into the t-Virus we all know. Also, fucked if I know what would happen. Megawolf? Giga-Wulfen? Digganobz?

>For Blood Donor (inspired after the whole Carlas > Ada Wong I assume) perhaps also give the ability to preset the virus with an individual in mind (whether it be Jumper, companions, or hey a random RE character)
Unsure on how well that would go. I thought it best to leave it open in the event people don't know of anyone they want to spin the sequence with yet, but want it in case they do find someone later.

See the other post. When they spun the sequence with Ada's DNA, when they found someone compatible they effectively turned the person into a whole new Ada Wong in a physical sense, ready to be taught and molded. Memories not included. I really don't know why you would think it would include a magical tidbit.

swarms* not swards

A perk call Fear and Awe in god of war have exactly what your looking for it could even be storm hair.

So apparently, there is a very good reason for SCP-999 to have the price tag that it does.

scp-wiki.net/new-job

>Oxylite
>Conservation of law no longer applies to it.
Conservation of Mass?

>Neural Vacillator
>allowing such changes like a reduced need for breathing and regeneration. As it scrambles the genetic code.
Does this mean it works by re-sequencing their genomes, or is it meant to imply some manner of drawback to the technique?

I'm otherwise enjoying this immensely, thank you.

Woah.

Neat.

>no canon companion
What if I want killy shotgun spider lady?

All pf them can be spectacularly lethal, even against much more powerful opponents. I'd either recommend Heaven's Riches, as it's the most immediately lethal, or EOTL as it's annoyingly good at shutting down other's power sets.
The 600 and eight hundred purchases can be discounted as normal.

Holy fucking shit.

>SCP-999 is the child of the SCP-231-7
>SCP-231-7 has been released and is now safe and happy
>The Crimson King's cultists don't know this
>They don't know the Foundation has caught on
>SCP-999 will eventually be able to save everyone from the Crimson King and the other children through joy, love, and light
>The Tickle Monster will save all of reality
Nice.

>anime-ified the pilot of Red Rum
>didn't give her a shotgun
WHY

The Federation in Star Trek is heavily anti-transhuman, right? How are they going to react to a small empire of of immortal cyborgs showing up?

Too bad it's not actually canon.

Missing outro

SCP's canon is entirely what you make of it.

Depends on whether they look more human or more robotic.

And by "depends" I mean will they scream "KHAN" or "BORG" when they look at you?

Hey, quick question because I'm trying to think of something to do with the technology. Was it ever explained why Aida couldn't feel emotions as an LMD even though robo-May clearly could?

Just want to say that I freaking love this jump. Armored Core is one of the things I grew up with. You're awesome user.

Nothing is canon in SCP.

Probably because she was coded up from scratch while robo-May was a direct mind copy.

What are some powers that run on emotions?

Too bad the Crimson King is only one of 6 pets for an even greater eldritch abomination. Preliminary views of the author's sandbox indicate it's dark future may have already come to pass somewhere in the distant future, transforming the earth into a rotten waste of Gigersque horror populated by worm-boddhisattvas

Yeah, I meant Conservation of Mass.

It just re-sequences the genomes, there's no drawbacks to the imprinted trait unless it was in the trait to begin with.

Exactly.

Depends on the individual with it varying from completely outwardly human with some nanobots in them to Adam Jensen to literally vehicles with a mind in them. But most people generally resemble humans (though with some aesthetic changes), so probably "KHAAAAAAAAAN".

Yeah but isn't it still kind of weird how they could so perfectly mimic normal human bodies that robo-May didn't even notice until she literally saw the metal under her skin and yet Aida immediately started feeling emotions right after being transferred to a squishy flesh body.

SCP has no canon, as much or as little of the content can be canon as you want. This is also why the SCP jump isn't suicide.

It can be anything from playing D&D and Vidya with your fellow SCPs in a comfy European prison to the kind of utter hell implied by some of the more dangerous SCPs. All up to you.

>All pf them can be spectacularly lethal, even against much more powerful opponents. I'd either recommend Heaven's Riches, as it's the most immediately lethal, or EOTL as it's annoyingly good at shutting down other's power sets.
Specifically... could I take on an Espada using one of these? My own Ki should be pretty damn monstrous too

Since SCP is already being discussed, I've recently changed my build to include Sufficiently Advanced so I can reverse engineer SCPs. What are some good ones to reverse engineer? So far I want to do:
SCP-500, 914, 458, 2203, 109.

Well, part of that is them trying to gimp LMDs from the comics, and they're so good at pretending to be organic that it supposedly can fool nearly every attempt to find them out. They're the good guy version of Doombots, and at this point they probably just ported it over to the show without thinking of the consequences.

As a result, Aida probably wasn't thinking and decided to do a direct mind scan over to the LMD to make them think they were the actual May. And since she's so used to thinking about having emotions, she just kept going until something challenged her about it. Whereas Aida never had that frame of reference and when she got put in a flesh suit she was hit with all of these things she was NEVER used to handling as a straight up machine.

I don't fucking know, I'm trying to make sense of something that makes no sense.

Doee having passive abilities cause you pain if you take Blocked Channels?

>worm-boddhisattvas
Doesn't sound that bad DESU

But they're not the waifu kind of worm

I'm pretty sure that one was literally a faceless, moderately proportioned old man

The damn thing's entire religion is full of eldritch high priests that put worms into people for telepathic, mutagenic purposes and can transform into forms implied to look like if Phyrexians decided rolling around in Eldrazi corruption was a good idea

Good point. How would merging it with New Companion sound? That way they have abilities that are established from the Jump. Ravi Ravi, though... well, can't blame you, she's pretty strong.

How's this sound for ya?

(-100CP) New Companion – You may create a Companion with any Origin, and allocate them perks as normal: 100CP perk free, 50% discount for matching Origin. They have 500CP to spend on perks and equipment. You may purchase this option up to 4 times, with a discount after the second. They will accompany you should you continue Jumping.
This also applies to taking a Canon Character as a companion, though you must develop a working (or otherwise) relationship with them and convince them to follow; this option only applies perks and their ability to Jump with you once your decade of aventure concludes.

I knew there was a reason I had a giant blank space...

Attempted an appropriately moody outro.

A decade has passed on this ruined world, and you’ve survived. Maybe thrived, even, against all odds. However, your time is up and this adventure draws to a close.
Make your final choice.

Why Don’t You Come Down – Return to your original mundane earth, taking with you everything and everyone you have acquired. Perhaps you will repeat the mistakes made here, or work to prevent them?
Someone is Always Moving on the Surface – Stay in this world of Armored Core 4. It’s broken and ruined, but maybe that’s just how you like it?
Remember ~On Your Memory~ – Move on to the next world, leaving the universe of AC4 in stasis until you return or abandon your Jump. Take everything you have acquired here, and those that are most important to you.

Not sure how popular the music is, but the tracklist of ARMORED CORE REPRISES provided the names of the options without much more thought than I like them. A lot.

Happy to be of service!

Can you please note that the downsides of human plus end after the jump? Otherwise NOBODY will want it.

Weakness of beatrice has a fire hair perk

You can get a crown of flames in mcu I think? Or is it marvel magic? It gives you head fire.

Fair enough. Carry on, friend Moth.

You are an excellent person.

Raviravi best girl
Do Su best east asian chav? Can't pin down his accent because yank

Canon companion option please?

Reminder to waifu best worm in Stellaris. Just be sure you have the tech to communicate through black holes/time and space.

>mfw Plains of Eidolon turned Warframe into 'Monster Hunter in Space'

I'm going to have to make a DLC for it, aren't I.

Jesus fucking christ why would anyone take the 400 human plus "perk" that thing is a 600 cp drawback not a perk.

How strong would you be with EOTL if you take Purity? Iirc the strength of EOTL scales pretty much soley with the purity of your ki.
Also, how's the ToG update going?

It does note that. Read to the end of the second paragraph:

>Post-Jump, the disadvantages of this perk are removed, your cybernetics are replaced with natural substitutes if you choose, and it will apply similarly appropriate effects to the piloting of any mecha or mech-like vehicle, to include fighter/bomber-style air and space craft as a bonus. Reflexes, mental calculation, threat evaluation, and predictive analysis are applied to you outside the cockpit as well.

We have enough of your jumps for now. let someone else like OAA do it, he wont add unnecessary stuff. jk do it

The H+ Perk is rather excessive, since H+ don't show all of those symptoms. Usually its insanity or in the case of that one pilot in the manga, having a stunted as well relying on medicine as well.

So maybe putting in that you'll get some of the symptoms, but not all of them?

That is a fucking horrible joke and I really hope you find a cactus shoved up your ass in the near future.

Yeah, I wanna be a an edgy space kid with void powers that uses my super advanced tin can to go fishing!

Thanks for proving /jc/ doesnt have a sense of humor

No need to get so offended OAA. It's not like anybody cares.

It's already noted in the final paragraph.
"Post-Jump, the disadvantages of this perk are removed, your cybernetics are replaced with natural substitutes if you choose, and it will apply similarly appropriate effects to the piloting of any mecha or mech-like vehicle, to include fighter/bomber-style air and space craft as a bonus. Reflexes, mental calculation, threat evaluation, and predictive analysis are applied to you outside the cockpit as well."

Is there a way I can make it more clear?

It was merged into "Create Companion" option, second paragraph.

(-100CP) New Companion – You may create a Companion with any Origin, and allocate them perks as normal: 100CP perk free, 50% discount for matching Origin. They have 500CP to spend on perks and equipment. You may purchase this option up to 4 times, with a discount after the second. They will accompany you should you continue Jumping.
This also applies to taking a Canon Character as a companion, though you must develop a working (or otherwise) relationship with them and convince them to follow; this option only applies perks and their ability to Jump with you once your decade of adventure concludes.

Would a choice of X number be more appropriate? I didn't want it to become a "I'm in the AC4 jump, what else can I take besides Humna Plus?" kind of perk. It's pretty strong between overweight and overload/overclock, without taking into account reflexes (what NEXT combat is practically based on) and prediction. I'm sure it's painfully obvious, but it was stupidly fun for me to write, and I've gotten somewhat carried away with it. Of the tradeoffs that are present, what would you suggest to cut?

Not exactly funny, dude.

>mfw
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

What jumps have abilities that wouldn't be out of place or out of theme in naruto?

>Red's face when even more DLC comes out, adding all sorts of new features
>The ride never ends

Fuck off OAA, dont post unless you have the WoW jump finished

CoC.

Which CoC?

Clash of Clans?

Traditional drawbacks go away post jump as well. They are complaining about the drawbacks in jump

Dragonball

I played some of it and it wasn't as great as the hype, so its up to you. Maybe your DLC of it would be better then the games version.

I don't think it's really possible to say what would and wouldn't be out of place in Naruto, given the sort of crazy stuff that gets pulled out by high-level ninjas. Elemental abilities seem to be the most common, though, so anywhere you could get that would be a good place to start.

Corruption of Champions?

Senran Kagura! It also has ninjas!

Corruption of Champions?

Wait derp. Misread what you replied to.

Corrosion of Conformity. Of course. We needed a rock and roll jump.

By the way, you gonna add the Harrow's powers onto the Warframe Builder, Gara glass stuff?

Also Tenno warrior stuff, I need to turn my edgy kid into an edgy teen?

Just when was the last time you played, that you didn't find out about PoE until somewhat recently?

Sentient Weapons when?

mah south galactic dark skinned compatriot

>Sentient Weapons
Me want this and Stalker companion.

Lots of jumps, since Naruto has a lot of variety when it comes to stuff (especially if you take the filler and movies as part of the jump, those get crazy). I'd say the martial arts jumps with ki are good, as is eye hax from other settings given how prevalent it is in Naruto. Honestly, there are a lot of abilities out there in the chain which you can wave off with the excuse of "bloodline ability". Black Blood from Soul Eater would fit for that.

Not even then. Just keep it to yourself, we don't fucking want it.

Learn to laugh a little.

Call of Cthulu?