Why are dwarves so effortlessly superior to elves?

Why are dwarves so effortlessly superior to elves?

HAIL

I am Bomgar Goodbattle, son of Wilkarl Goodbattle.

>not posting the superior version

Elves make better sex slaves though.

Bolin Hillhelm here

>Reingar Hammersmith, brother of Wilgar.

Thorin Spikebeard

Ragli Firespike

I dunno bro, first one seems better to me.

>Urfan Beardstone
A proud dwarvish name indeed.

I am Reinkarl Hillson. Son of Durgar son of Reinkarl.

It's easier for manlet neckbeards to relate to them

Would a gladius+scutum make suitable weapon for a dwarf?

From a practicality standpoint? A smaller shield might be better for single combat or lone patrols in small tunnels but for holding a major thoroughfare a la the Deep Roads or what have you, itd be perfect.

On the other hand, its going to rankle some people for whom the only acceptable dwarf weapons are halberds, axes and hammers

Its easier to relate to a group that excels through simple good craftsmanship and durability/strength versus the likes of elves whom use magic.

Also, they generally look more imposing and impressive while elves, despite their capabilities, often look like weaklings.

Durgan Beardshield reporting in.
Also known as Urnar Stoneaxe.

Balgrim Bloodsmith

Bornnar Thunderhammer.

Eh, both are alright.

Anyways, I assume it's because dwarves are a lot more consistent across settings due to being a lot more narrow of an archetype, and also said archetype being a lot more relatable and easier to inhabit than the elves more nebulous "mystical ethereal people who are/view themselves as better than you"

>Thorist Beardsmith

Am I... a barber?

Either you or an ancestor. 'Tis a noble craft

>We have the means of starting to reclaim the Deep Roads
>We give the Casteless motive to rejoin a Class
>After a generation of service, their children are uplifted and found a position
>Suddenly Dwarf army of Orzimmar is strong
>Begins pushing back the Darkspawn
>Discover Anvil of the Void
>Upon nearing death, Dwarves are truly returned to the Stone and encased in a Golem body
>Now have Legion of Dead, Legion of Stone and newly created Legion of Dust
>Refuse to, instead act retarded.

> Dwalvi Doomforge
Well, I can't complain about the surname Doomforge.

>Cuisine which is just as fit for a feast as it is alone on a cold winter's night, such as roasted beef, stew and beer
>Love gemstones, gold, the riches of the earth
>Hearty chanting and singing
>Dedicated to their craft to the point where they pursue perfection, creating wondrous artifacts and true masterpieces forged from precious metals
>Stout, strong and not afraid of hard work

The dwarves are far more relateable to me than elves, considering these traits. I have never heard the voice of nature, been immortal or understood what there is to be gained from living in the treetops of a forest. Those concepts are simply alien to me and it's probably very much so on purpose. Gold, good food, songs about ancestors and mastering's one craft, however... These I can definitely relate to.

Honestly, Im not sure that that'd even work as an idea given that the Darkspawn are apparently an endless horde.

On the other hand, I wish to all thats holy that at least they might try this shit and reclaim all their lost territory.

Durgar Hillfoundersson

That is just terrible

Urvi Doombrew

Significantly better

General Bolnar doomshield in the hold!

Durin Goodhand reporting for duty.
also known as Urli Bloodheart.

RAGGAN HILLHOLME!

Ragin Beardbattle

So, tell me a bit about the dwarfs in your setting or your favourite setting. What do they eat and drink? Where do they live? Whats their military like?

For example, in my setting dwarf food is very much meat and lard heavy with lots of breads, onions and similar vegetables and a strong gravy. A classic dwarf breakfast would be a pouch of unleavened bread with lamb or goat meat, gravy and some onion with milk to drink, or an airag equivalent on feast days.

>What do they eat and drink?
Mostly the same stuff humans do. They have access to underground fish and mushrooms and other rare creatures that dwell beneath their mountains but they have farms on the surface.
>Where do they live?
In mountains. The farmers usually live inside hills like Hobbits but it's more dwarfy and often connected to the main mountain city by tunnels.
>Whats their military like?
Fairly standard. They possess some of the best infantry in the world. Also utilize crossbows (no blackpowder in the setting - yet) and various siege weaponry. They have ram cavalry that allows them to fuck over invaders in mountainous terrain.

Gimin Doomstrike here to protect you

>Dwalli Steelbrow

Well i guess it could be worse. As per OP's question last time i checked elves were not master blacksmiths and masons now aren't they?

*weren't they, god damn it.

Because manlets like to self insert as them.

>Bolgan Beardfoundersson
A permanent post in the mines for me
>Dwalnar Stonefist
I'll see you at the shieldwall

>Urnar Goldsmith
oi vey
>Why are dwarves so effortlessly superior to elves?
A nail of real dwarf worth more than a 10 gentile elf lifes

>Because manlets like to self insert as them.
>dwarf fan
>6'5"
what now

Serious question: I've seen this kind of tiny halbers, as in, axes that have a handle, some kind of support, guard, pommel, a hook or wedge on the back of the axe head, eding with a spike at the top either directly or limited by a ball at the base, etc; but the weapon is, as I said, TINY, like a longsword, optimized for one hand it seems.

(I lack an image to explain this)

Do these have an official specific name tag to them? Did they see any practical use? Cause they looked vicious for armored infantry clashes IMO.

You mean this sort of axe? If so, its a horsemans axe or a cavalry axe from roughly the 14th century and they saw a decent bit of use, depending on the region I believe

Thank you, similar, probably I should search for cavalry axes then.

No worries. Kult of Athena has a few decent examples as I recall, that might be a good place to check

Ragin Beardsmith. I'm a barber?

>believing the maymays

Hanhardt Axebattle
Balin Steelgrip

Ragnar Goldshield. Sounds pretty good to me.

Gargrim Silverstrike reporting for duty.

So basically the dwarves are a self-projection fantasy for nerds and basement dwellers?

>Ragdil Goldhammer

Reinhelm Firehelm...i dont like this name

Haggan Beardshield the Second reporting!

>ever playing as a manletnigger
why do you want to roleplay as subhuman

Thorin Undershield

Ragli Bronze Axe

>no setting where Elves and Dwarves fight a Cold War to influence a Human Third World

>Bolin Hillshield
The young miner/chosen one.

>Dwalli Doomaxe
The Dark Lord at his dark forge.

I wish people understood that threads like these literally exist to build identity theft databases. If you make it into a quiz or a game, they just gleefully post any information at all though.

Urist Hammersmith
Gimgrim Ironhammer

I think I'll stick with Urist.

First and last letters of names tell you literally nothing useful.

Urist Runehand.

Gimgrim Goldheart.

Urist 4 lyfe.

Because Elves are based on the Catholic Superman a la Moses, mixed with fair folk. Dwarves are based on all the facets of Jews that Tolkien found interesting, especially their close knit communities and the fact that they knew a separate language they only spoke amongst themselves.

It comes down to religious idealism vs sociological interest. One has more substance to it.

>Bolin Hammerbrew
I'm okay with this

Dwalli Doomaxe

Urist Axesmith seems a little on the nose

Gimrgrim Steelhammer? Why are my last names so shitty?

grungar anvilbeard
neat

Around elves, watch yourselves.

Reinnar Hillshield

Urist Hammerhelm

Gimgrim Ironbrow

Me brother Urist! It's me, Urist!

Raggan Underhelm

Thornar Bronzebrow

Not sure I like either of these

Fuck, now i want to play a game with this.

And Grunvi Doomstrike is here to kill you

>good food, songs about ancestors and mastering's one craft
if you think elves don't do these you must be some kind of retard

>Reingar Hillsmith
I'm a dwarven landscaper?

Also, elves are objectively better than molejews

>If I attach Jew to the end of a word, people will think I'm cool

Durin Hillhelm.

They are literally based on Jews you moron.

Margrim Doomhammer, son of Gimnor Steelhammer.

Tolkien based their language, among other things, on Hebrew, yes, but the Dwarves as a race are more akin to the Prose Edda Dwarves with a little alteration.

Bolin Ironbeard
ill be damned if that aint the dwarfish damn thing ive heard

>Why are dwarves so effortlessly superior to elves?
Just about the only thing you got right here was including "Dwarf" and "Effortless" in the same sentence. The only reason you like dwarves is because liking elves is too mainstream, because everyone else likes elves. This is why we have cave-dwelling BDSM elves, treehugger cannibal elves, snooty magical demi-god elves, and why-the-fuck-didn't-you-call-them-mermaids sea elves; and then you just have fucking dwarves. All the time, just dwarves, we're not even going to TRY to make them interesting, because the only people that care are just as surly and autistic as the dwarven stereotype, and will swear a blood oath if they don't have their sweaty cave-dwelling manlets.

Tolkien dwarves are literately stereotyped as greedy, with curly hair that they don't shave, and affinity for their particular baked goods.

> The dwarves of course are quite obviously, wouldnt you say that in many ways they remind you of the Jews? Their words are Semitic, obviously, constructed to be Semitic. The hobbits are just rustic English people, he said.

He was also a huge fan of Norse mythology, so mixing the Nordic legend of dark elves, who are very similar to the corded ware culture, with Jews would be a very Tolkien thing, considering how much he loved Jews and hated Hitler and his bastardization of Norse mythology.

Like it or not, Dwarves are linked with Jews.

>the only people that care are just as surly and autistic as the dwarven stereotype, and will swear a blood oath if they don't have their sweaty cave-dwelling manlets.
Why are knife-ears so needlessly caustic and jaded?

Best elf ever and he wasn't even an actual elf.

An irony thicker than Stoutaxe Alebeard's dingy, unwashed hair.

Because he's seen this thread a million times. We all have.

Think again fuccboi

Masterful Craftsdwarfship > Elven Hippietinkering.

>noldor
>hippies
do you even kinslay?

>Noldor
I don't speak Treehugger, boy.

>elves
>boys

Bolli Runehand
Dwaldar Goldheart

Kinda like the first one more

Neither "master ship-burner" nor "master kin-slayer" are professions.

dorf

master blacksmith is. Cucked by elves in your own trade

Ragist Goldbrew
Thorgrim Runestrike
I like my second one better

Runestrike is undeniably a solid choice of surname.

Wilkon Hammerbeard here, I forge metal into weapons with my motherfucken beard
Marist Ironspike, the stabbiest of dwarves

>implying they do
>especially the food

>Ragnar Firehand
Me likey.
Thorgi Silverheart
Last name is cool. First name sounds too much like "corgi"

>Durist Hillsmith
Meh
>Urgrim Doomhammer
I'm almost an Orc Warchief.

From Wiki:
>When writing The Lord of the Rings Tolkien continued many of the themes he had set up in The Hobbit. When giving Dwarves their own language (Khuzdul) Tolkien decided to create an analogue of a Semitic language influenced by Hebrew phonology. Like medieval Jewish groups, the Dwarves use their own language only amongst themselves, and adopted the languages of those they live amongst for the most part, for example taking public names from the cultures they lived within, whilst keeping their "true-names" and true language a secret.[10] Along with a few words in Khuzdul, Tolkien also developed runes of his own invention (the Cirth), said to have been invented by Elves and later adopted by the Dwarves. Tolkien further underlines the diaspora of the Dwarves with the lost stronghold of the Mines of Moria. In The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien uses the main dwarf character Gimli to finally reconcile the conflict between Elves and Dwarves through showing great courtesy to Galadriel and forming a deep friendship with Legolas, which has been seen as Tolkien's reply toward "Gentile anti-Semitism and Jewish exclusiveness".[6]

Tolkien also elaborated on Jewish influence on his Dwarves in a letter: "I do think of the 'Dwarves' like Jews: at once native and alien in their habitations, speaking the languages of the country, but with an accent due to their own private tongue..."

>implying raw, bloody meat taken from something you killed less than a minute ago isn't great
Look at this city dweller!

You stand before Hanin Hillhand. King of Handhill and all below it. What brings you to my hall?

I think he was referring to the Human semen they consume.