Anyone here ever let a senior citizen play D&D with them. We let my grandmother play once...

Anyone here ever let a senior citizen play D&D with them. We let my grandmother play once. One of the many highlights was when the party found a very low intelligence Minotaur runt in a maze... and spared it.

She stealthed back, got behind him, and killed him with her scythe. "I slit his throat" she said after her attack landed. I went "Why?" and she turned to my brother that works with handicap children and hatefully said "Fuck him; he's a retard." It was her first and last session, but talk about family memories.

Anyone else experience the hateful repressed wrath of the otherwise incapable elderly folk via tabletop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ylzrfaDdxk
youtube.com/watch?v=5TQARRckm6U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your grandma is hardcore, OP

I agree with this statement

She's something. I rolled her a premade Fighter for the session and only tasked her with naming it. She paused maybe three seconds and said "Gegorgagon." I had her spell it out. Should have known we were in for some shit.

Was your grandma drunk when she did all of this?

I gotta say OP I don't think anyone's gonna top your badass grandma

youtube.com/watch?v=2ylzrfaDdxk

I've never had the pleasure, but this fine neckbeard did.

Sober. Part of me wants to gather my worst former Pathfinder players and her, and record us doing a 4 week mini campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TQARRckm6U

His senior experience sounds like an entirely different kind of awesome.

Holy fuck why can't my players be like your grandma

She sounds so fucking cool

OP is obviously lying

Kick you fucking brother out, keep grandma in the game.

Fuck, is she interested in playing V:TM with my group?

Your thread got me thinking
Would TTRPG work to distract the elderly in a nursing home?
Would old people make good player?

I think it'd be a your mileage may vary type of deal by the person. I'm sure you could get a group together given a nursing home to recruit from.

>Would old people make good player?
Between Alzheimer's and onsetting elderly dementia, not really. Still more attentive group than millennials though.

They've lived their lives and had all innocent leftie-dreams shattered.

Of course we should have mandatory retard screenings and abort them

Sure, that is just as possible.

If you were born in the 80's, you're a millennial too.

I've told the tale of Sister Jean Margaret playing D&D in the Games Club in High School. There is nothing like hearing a little old nun saying, "While Ragnar distracts the orc chief, I shank him in his filthy green kidneys."

RIP in peace Sr Jean.

I remember reading a story here onc eupon a time about a guy who got four players at a nursing home. It worked out pretty well but I think one of them died.

See, OP? Now you know why when you were little, folk would never let granny babysit.

If I ever run D&D again, your grandma is invited

There's this old man who keeps coming to the LGS talking about Chainmail and some Conan O'Brien books

We think he may have Alzheimer's

Saved.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2ylzrfaDdxk
Holy shit! The guy's so fat the camera shakes every time he moves his jaw.

Did they divvy up his loot?

if there is a deserving screencap in this thread I think it's the divvy up his loot zinger

LOL no.

Yes actually, you are.

Well, that made my night.

Hahaha, jesus!

That's awesome!

There isn't any broad agreement over exactly what years millennials fall between, but the vast majority of definitions seem to cover at least most of the 80s.

Most people who complain about Millenials are really just no attentive enough to realize that what they're actually trying to complain about is Generation Z.

Granny has definitely played tabletop games before, and just didn't tell anyone. You probably inherited your love for them from her. You know, genetics and shit.

Get her to play with you again.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! POST IT ALL ON YOUTUBE SO WE CAN WATCH BAD ASS GRANDMA KICK MONSTER BUTT!

I am unironically in love with your grandmother

I want to believe this story so bad but my bullshit meter is going off.

This is gold.

I came here to mention your story.
I love that line.

I think it was for "A bridge too far" but he did say that on a movie set. told the director if you stab someone in the lungs they don't make sounds.

I'm Gen Y, I'm not a fucking Millennial.

Gen Y ARE Millennials.

Thanks for killing all the good things in life, Milhouse.

>I'm a canis lupus familiaris not a dog

Nah. He was in the service during the war.

Soldier and spy. The guy was incredible; it'd be nice (but highly unlikely) for some of his work to be declassified

You have to understand that millenial is basically just becoming a generic term for "younger people I don't like"

Yes, that's what it means. Unlikeable young people.

How can one man have been so based.

I would say just do senior DnD. Its a roleplaying thing I would actually watch. A bunch of crazy old people running around fucking shit up. Bonus points if their characters are the same age as the player.
>Insane wizard who was evicted from his tower
>Ancient swordsman who hits on much younger women
>Prince of thieves who has begun to go senile
>Druid is pretty much any of the older boomers who never grew out of their hippie phase
>Cleric is an old fire and brimstone preacher who hates kids for being degenerate and not getting married, having kids, and praising god

So when grandma plays a murderhobo it's "le epik kewl xD" but not when an autist does the same shit.

Fuck why are there so many redditors on the not reddit site?

I'd watch and/or play with those people