media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous Thread
What organisations does your character belong to?

I'm planning on running ToA soon for my group, and I'm wondering for those who have started playing it already, how are you handling character deaths? I want to find a good balance between "just make another character" and "start again at level 1". Death should mean something, but I don't want to handicap the player to the point of uselessness.

>What organisations does your character belong to?
Zhentarim

Is this item too powerful to give to a party that's going to be between level 6-8 depending on when they go get it.
I want it to be fairly powerful as its supposed to be a holy relic but i'm not sure if i've missed anything that will break things.

what your thoughts on lizardman tail going down their butt and wrapping around their thigh.
>Tail thigh ring.

>played DnD for the first time in high school 10 years ago
>only played about 10 times but loved it
>ff 9 years
>finally organize a group, write out a wonderful detailed adventure
>first game goes great
>get laid off, have to take a job that requires me to work away from home for 3 weeks at a time with only 5 days off in between
>havent played or done anything fun in 13 months
>slowly going mad

This copypasta was hotter with teiflings imo

Any techniques to get better at describing the world and actions? I'm pretty shit at it desu.

>no constitution-based skills

Something about that irks me.

Make eldritch knight cast base on their con.

It is kinda strange. I guess because CON is such a great stat in general that's useful to literally every class they felt it would be OP to give it some skills, but I mean, look at DEX...

Do you guys like my oc map?

Be concise, stick to the theme you want to evoke, both in language/vocaubulary and in your expressiveness, enthusiasm and body language.

read books, especially fantasy ones. you just need a larger vocabulary

I plan on having a prominent religion of a town that has set up shop to turn sinners away from wickedness. Is there an appropriate puritan god or goddess for this? I'm thinking Pholtus but I'm not sure if that's appropriate.

what did you use to create this?

I feel like this is much more of a /wbg/ question, but do you guys homebrew stuff about the Forgotten Realms setting?

I've created and played in many homebrew settings. I kind of want to start doing high-fantasy stuff from the Forgotten Realms for a group of newbies in the future but I don't like most of the lore that comes with it. I took a look at the SCAG and thought it was pretty neat. However, I find that the entire history of the world is way too convoluted. I even believe that it's a little worse than the old Star Wars Expanded Universe.

So what I basically want to do is just rewrite the history of a few regions in Faerun so that they become much more simplified and cohesive nation-states. Is this right? Any tips or advice?

>What organisations does your character belong to?

>blue
>white
>green
>red
>black

MOTHERFUCK, WIZARDS.

Is it me, or is Spiritual Weapon pretty fucking strong?
Bonus action to summon, bonus action to use, no concentration, 1 minute (10 rounds), scaling damage all around, perfect damage type...

what.

Its not forgotten if its named on the fuckin' map mate...

Otherwise its pretty good.

I wish my DM would describe things at all.

The best advice I heard about the Forgotten Realms is to just put so far up or down in the timeline that established lore is essentially moot and to take advantage of the abundance of all powerful mcguffins, both discovered and undiscovered, that can end the world

is sperging out after primary colours the new Veeky Forums craze now?

Yeah it's one of the best cleric spells. Combine with Spirit Guardians and cantrips and you can dominate.

It's a reference to the MTG colors mate.

Red isn't a primary color.

You mean five factions being built around Magic's color identities?

>and cantrips
Sacred Flame, then? Have they ever released another offensive cleric cantrip?

Splitting chromatic hairs won't get you anywhere.

It looks nice but lack "reason" behind it in a way why is X there.

Like why Oakheart is so far north away from main Black Berry Path.
Why there is no port at the end of major river.
Why in order to go from Oakheart to unnamed house and tower in the north I have to to south to Boulder lake, instead of taking a road by plains to NW
Same problem with something in south that would like to be connected to King's Crown-Oakheart road but is not.
There is road in southern forest that leads from one part of the forest to the other.

Also why if Forgotten Tomb of the map? How is it Forgotten if someone remembers to put in on the map?

Shillelagh or booming/greenflame blade I'd imagine. Not sure how they access the latter two.

Toll the Dead will (sadly) be implemented in XGE

Oh. Alright. My bad.

It certainly is a primary colour as far as the definition goes.

Arcane Clerics can get a Wizard cantrip, I think. Cantrips in general aren't that hard to access though

>Harpers
>Benevolent

Right.

Not that user, but if you don't know who's buried there would you rather call it the Tomb of Some Person Whom We Don't Know or the Forgotten Tomb?
Mind you, in that case Tomb of the Forgotten sounds better to me.

Cleric cantrips =/= cantrips a cleric might obtain

>Toll the Dead will (sadly) be implemented in XGE
Missed that one before. I don't see why there'd be hate for it? Damage isn't excessive or anything, given the type and conditions.

The harpers attract benevolent people.
And then puts them through the meat grinder before disposing them.

Harpers: The malevolent organization for benevolent people.

Aren't reclusive and secretive the similar thing?
>aggressive
That just silly talk. Try conquest.

>Lord's Alliance
>Relevant

Right

That's some broken ass bullshit at any level and encourages finding the most munchkin combination

They're also the colors of Tiamat's heads.

So which is the best faction anyway?

Reclusive and secretive has nothing to do with one another

Druids are the most powerful spellcasters, without question. They have the tools of a wizard with a denser, neater, more flexible use with their spells.

For example:
In the 1st level spells, spells like Entangle, Faerie Fire just end fights. The downside? Ice Knife is ever so slightly less impactful than Burning Hands.
Level 2 spells? Druids win with spells like Moonbeam, Spike Growth, and the utility spells like Pass without Trace.
By 5th level, where Fireball is amazing Conjure Animals is better. But more importantly, Druids can start throwing off their level 1 and 2 spells significantly better than Wizards can- Healing Word, Cure Wounds, Lesser Restoration. The only thing that allows Wizards to keep pace is the fact that they don't have to prepare their ritual spells, but they almost always lose out because a Druid gets his full spell list to prepare from, where a Wizard has a limited amount of spells known.

The Conjure Animals trend continues- Conjure Woodland Beings, Giant Insect, and Druids start overlapping with the best Wizard spells anyway, like Polymorph, and Conjure Elemental.

Really, a Druid gets enough game changing goodies to match the Cleric's utility with the same ease of preparation and casting of the Cleric, but never trades away the early level impact or the firepower of the Wizard.

Oh, and they get armor proficiency and shields.

Photoshop and my mouse.
Called forgotten tomb because whoever is buried there is forgotten

Agreed, Tomb of the Forgotten might be better. No one living knows who's buried there. Definitely a good idea to go graverobbing. No way that could kick off a globe spanning crisis.

Would probably call it tomb of the unknown if not what you said.

Does anyone have a Nighmare token for roll20? I really need one for an upcoming battle.

Their spells are very good but then you realize you only have 1 concentration and that once you've picked the best (Haste, for example), you're stuck with mostly subpar spells.

I mean yeah, I think they're great, especially Lizardfolks that can get decent AC and CON effortlessly (and get some useful features early-on).
But Concentration is a huge limit.

Boy you need some syntax in your mapping. Aint nobody forgot that tomb if its on the map.

Also tomb of the forgotten just plain sounds better. Ominous like.

best i've got, not great

So this tomb doesn't have a single inscription?

I'd argue Ice Knife is better due to the fact that you don't have to run into the enemy's face and can aim it more easily.

I would say that overall a Wizard is better off in terms of specific utility. While a Druid can do basic stuff like Fly or whatever, a Wizard has a lot of really specific screwdrivers to apply to problems.

Druids are certainly great, but they lack some of the nonsense a Wizard has, which along with no Arcane Recovery means that in general I still think a Wizard has more potential to make things crazy.

If anything, I'd say a Land Druid is more ideal in terms of what a caster should be in many regards, save for perhaps the summoning spells.

The primary colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow.

Tomb of the forgotten X is also good for hinting.

Tomb of the forgotten king.
Tomb of forgotten powers.
Tomb of the forgotten soldier.
Tomb of what was it again?
Tomb of the forgotten lords.
etc.

>no Arcane Recovery
Land Druid have arcane recovery

>Arcane Recovery
Natural Recovery.

Pretty much. I argue that Bard, Druid and Wizard are by far the three strongest classes. They all excel at slightly different areas but if I had to sort them I'd say Bard is best, Druid second and Wizard behind them by the slightest amount.

I've never actually looked at Druid beyond a passing glance because I like the roleplaying aspects of playing a Wizard better, what's a good caster build for a Druid?

A primary colour is a set of pigments that can be combined to produce a range of other colors. Red & blue are primary colours. Might not be "THE" primary colours and i'm sure the last article you read had some amazing insights... But red is a primary colour.

Ah, I actually overlooked that. I never looked too closely at land druids due to all the moon druid memes

make a new character that starts at their old level minus 1

What are the best invocations for Curse of Strahd? Taking Agonizing Blast, what else would be useful?

I played an illusionist for the first time and had tons of fun. Used the "silent image of an empty corridor" thing, DM let it work. Is that accurate?

Malleable illusion on magic mouth is like crazy fun. I like having tricks literally up my sleeve... and the fact that it's active until dispelled is excellent. I can chain reaction them in theory, and I took the actor feat so I can have the magic mouth sound like whatever. I think I'll put it on a coin and throw it at some point. I'm only one level away from Hallucinatory terrain, I can use that to create difficult terrain for everyone except for where I designate?

holy fuck man, get on roll20

Use undying light patron if your DM lets you.

These are cool, but I use this style for my regular tokens, not horses, does anyone have anything like this?

Not sure if silent image can remove the ability to see something to make a 'hole in the wall' but you could make something of a picture of a corridor which lacks depth perception which dumber creatures would fall for.

So my DM *insisted* I rolled Stats (3d6) and I rolled a 5, 8, 18, 7, 16, 17
He opens up some latitude for UA, but it is overall a low fantasy setting (human dwarves and elves are about it as far as races are concerned, with others being a strict exception)

How do I make this work? I don't want to just cop out with a Moon Druid, but I'm not feeling the Int/Str/Cha dumped monk either.

The game is Role-play heavy. I am ever so tempted by the Bard and Paladin

>Find a map that may just be the map we need
>We spend ages arguing over who gets to finally open the scroll case
>Ranger wins
>She slowly pulls it out
>It jumps on her face and she can't breathe

Fuck you fucking Mimic motherfuckers.

DEX is OP because of everything it has, but giving people even more incentive to get CON wouldn't be the answer. That said, not all attributes were created equal. It's perfectly reasonable to have some be better than others.

Anyone managed to get the free hardback Audible membership book in the UK? It refuses to work for me.

>Cop out with moon druid
>With 18, 17, 16 stats
Most classes care about only 2 or three stats.
Stop being a whiney bitch and play literally fucking anything. Even paladin, the only normal class that wants more than three stats to any degree still works.

You're supposed to roll 4d6 and then drop the lowest die.

Lizardfolk if you can swing it, Wood Elf if not. Be a slick, don't get tricked on realizing you can replace your Str Con Dex by beast shape and think you should put your top 3 stats in Int Wis and Cha and be good- your top 3 stats should be Wis, Dex, and Con still.

Circle of Land Druid of your favorite spells- they're always prepared and don't count against the number of spells prepared each day, so it's actually a large expansion in many ways, because quite a few of the spells are great spells not normally on the Druid spell list. EX: Coastal Druids have Mirror Image, Misty Step, Underdark with Stinking Cloud, Greater Invisibility, and Cloudkill.

If you think Conjure spells are the bees knees of spells, which they are, Circle of the Shepherd is absolutely amazing.

>This guy actually endorses an INT 5 paladin

For shame user. Int 6 is illiterate

Who said paladins need to be able to read? They're not wizards. They can be an empowered peasant.

Usually there's a tier system, there's like a range of how well known a character is, so it's sorta like 1-4 they're local heroes, 5-8 they're well known, 8-12, 12-16, 16-20, and so on and so forth. Every time a character dies, bring them back to the start of their tier, instead of all the way back to one, or at the same exact level.

I'd argue 5 in anything on a PC is kinda stupid, but alright... 5 Charisma it is.

> I don't want to just cop out with a Moon Druid
Do it anyway. Dwarf for shits and giggles.

Gotta dump something.

Could go str/con/cha paladin but fireballs will kill you. So dump str and go dex/con/cha paladin or valor bard. Or you could go for the old mental-dump minmaxed barbarian.

Wildcards: dex/wis/con ranger or arcane archer, dex/con/int inquisitive rogue

Complaining about rolling those stats just makes you seem like a system incompetent retard who cant handle having a character be bad at anything ever.

>dem Fiendish Boons
>untyped +4 to stats
weren't those NOT supposed to exist at all in 5e?

If I were, then I'd just grab a Moon druid

I'm trying to work into something playable who won't become a trite old "hur dur, fire is hot" retard just because

>Int is the new Charisma
>this is okay
no.

it's for monsters and NPCs idiot

Are you brain damaged? Those bonuses are for cultist NPCs

Fucking retard

Play something Int based then. Go Int Dex Con and be a gullible guy who cant lift

They're for NPCs, not for PCs.

Inquisitive rogue can go dex/int/con, take the -1 to wis, proficiency in insight/perception and expertise in persuasion and still be fine. Just don't expect to deceive anyone ever. You'll basically be the honest master detective

Is Keen Mind worthy for a Wizard? How does the feat interact with your spell book and memorizing spells?

I want to play a white dragonborn that says subtly racist shit all the time.

"If it ain't white, it ain't right!"

"Damn redskins are a bunch of savages."

"Damn blacks stole my [land vehicle]!"

of course he's referring to the other chromatic colors, but it's for some silly fun.

It's cool, but doesn't impact spell memorization (an act of magic) at all

I don't think Dragonborn actually do many scale colors like that. They're all just running the range of yellow to orange to reddish brown

>>hah I'm gonna play a 2d character for a joke

Are you going to specialize in pie throwing too ya goon?

Yeah hilarious, now fuck off to /pol/ and take your spork

you even read the book?

>The blood o f a particular type o f dragon runs very strong through some dragonborn clans. These dragonborn often boast scales that more closely match those of their dragon ancestor—bright red, green, blue, or white, lustrous black, or gleaming metallic gold, silver, brass, copper, or bronze.

Yeah, earlier in that same section it says most are scarlet, rust, or gold colored.

All you're doing is pointing out that you're making a special snowflake among special snowflakes who's racist against other double-snowflakes.

I like this. With either Mobile off the bat or Feats For Skill investigation, I should do fine.

yeah cause shit is fun as fuck

Then do it and stop hanging around here expecting approval

Can you Wish for more Wishes?