What do you do when a party member REALLY fucks up?

What do you do when a party member REALLY fucks up?

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/reader#d6d23e1ea091e840
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic not related, I assume?

Pull the cord on my parachute.

>there is literally nothing wrong with the outcome of her actions
Get your monstergirl fetish out of here.

It could have happened with an ordinary resurrection spell using the same materials, materials of which they didn't have an alternative to. The issue isn't that she used dark magic, it's that the dragon's soul was still bound to its flesh which caused it to bind to the newly resurrected body. And she had no idea the dragon's soul was still bound to its flesh. The only issue with her actions are that now there are two groups out there that know she can and has used dark magic.

>It could have happened with an ordinary resurrection spell using the same materials
There's literally no reason to think that this is the case.

There's a chapter that explains that exact issue being a danger of normal resurrections

Pretty sure that's not true, but go ahead and cite it then.

Did the player do something retarded that everyone else was telling them not to, did they do something retarded that everyone else thought was a good idea, or did the character fuck up (i.e. the player rolled really badly on something important)? Those all call for a totally different response.

If the character fucking up and the player fucking up get different responses, you're metagaming.

Technically the result of her actions was Farlyn being alive. The Mad Socerer's actions turned her into a dacotrice. Marcille's spell couldn't do what happened; that required outside interference.

Her actions were not wrong, as they returned Farlyn to life. There may have been a complication but having to overcome another hurdle is better than Farlyn just being dead.

We all have to be resurrected this evening by our GM, it felt weird

Early on in the manga there's a whole page devoted to stating that this problem can occur with resurrections where the body is compromised.

Her actions resulted in the creation of the monster, though. Forbidden magic is forbidden for a reason.

I fucking hate sorting through the chapters trying to remember which mentioned which bits of lore. This manga desperately needs a wiki.

Well how about that.

Well, it's better than the first plan: ressurecting her from poo.

Forbidden magic isn't what made it happen. The Mad Sorcerer having the connection it does to the dragonmeat is what did that. This is one of those cases where forbidden magic really is just very powerful magic, and isn't forbidden for particularly good reason.

I mean, it's heavily implied that the elves spread this impression because they're messing around with it and don't want their secrets compromised.

The sorcerer is obviously to blame, but he didn't outright do it himself. Presumably if it hadn't been forbidden though, it would have just failed rather than "succeeding" by brute force and making a monster.

It didn't make a monster. It made Farlyn.

The Mad Sorcerer reshaped her into a monster. He definitely did do that himself.

>Mad Sorcerer
>he

That crop had to be intentional.

Every girl in Dungeon Meshi is a 10/10, god damn it. I get so sexually frustrated reading this, it's like I'm a teenager again. Author needs a silly beach-floor episode.

You need to re-read everything after the resurrection.

Farlyn wasn't brought back as a monster, she was brought back as Farlyn. The issue was that the dragon's soul was still bound to the meat, so it got mingled with hers. This is something that can happen when normal resurrections attempt to bring back people who were possessed by ghosts or whatever upon death - it's not an issue with the type of magic used, it's an issue with resurrection. Marcille simply didn't realize that the dragon's soul was still bound to the dragon's remains; she had no reason to think so.

The sorcerer, having a connection to the dragon's soul, reformed Farlyn into the weird chimeric monster she is now.

We just said goodbye to all but two female characters, user. That beach level isn't happening anytime soon.

>Source not in the filename
Veeky Forums has been around since 2005, and there are still people who get this wrong.
Someone fill me in.

>not recognizing dungeon meshi
Veeky Forums has been around a while actually since 2003 but you sure haven't.

Wait there was a new one?
When? Where?

Last time, I electrocuted the party member who did a wrong thing.
He was being a dick, so I gave him the joy buzzer.

Dungeon Meshi. Manga about a party who lose their healer to a dragon and resolve to go get her back before she's digested, so they can rez her. It's also primarily, especially during the first part, about surviving in the dungeon ecosystem by finding interesting ways to cook D&D monsters.

Extremely good shit.

Druid disintegrated 10 indoctrinated teenagers. Our party just looked at him and said that we'll talk about it later.

Yesterday.

You should be ashamed of yourself user. Honestly, how could you think lewd thoughts about such innocent sweethearts like Marcille and Farlyn?

You are an idiot sandwich, see yourself out.

Oh, I see, I see.
It's on my backlog, so I haven't started it yet...

It doesn't have to be a canon chapter.
God bless whoever did this edit.

Woah woah, user has it wrong too - but Farlyns situation is absolutely because of the *Sorcerors* use of forbidden magic being able to take the dragon flesh back because he created it to begin with. I think the elf even refers to her as stolen property or something in doing it.

Its forbidden magic all around, and narratively Marcille shows why forbidden magic exists, and the Mad Sorceror is there to show why it was forbidden. Its basic plot structure stuff from a mangaka who does excellent world building and story without subvertion.

I've only just realized she's not holding a book and a hammer, but a cutting board and a meat tenderizer. I'm ashamed it took me so long to realize

god fucking damnit I just want to stroke her hair and tell her it's OK (even though it's not) and then use those braids as handholds to fuck the despair out of her aaaaahhhhhh

Does anyone have that cover with Farlyn running in a bikini?

It looked something like this

literally a few posts up

> and tell her it's OK (even though it's not)
Marcille did nothing wrong.

You don't have to do something wrong for things to get screwed though

But I do want her to get screwed.
By me.

We carry shovels with us for a reason.

What is a good site to read Dungeon Meshi in english? I'm very fucking bad at finding this sort of shit.

bato.to

All the good sites are covered in ad-attacks, so I can only browse them because my computer has like 6 layers of condoms on it.

If you were invited to a campaign with this premise as the setting, what kinds of things would you be REALLY excited about to play?

Dungeon ecology?
Coherent dungeon floors?
A micro economy established by savvy merchants and adventurers immediately around and inside the dungeon?
Random encounters with other adventurers?

Adversely what would you hate about playing a game like this?

Yeah that's the reason I have given up on finding one myself, every site I come accross that seems decent has pop-up ads.

I installed Tachiyomi on my phone, which can grab from a bunch of them. The websites for most of the ones with good releases are awful.

Madokami

You don't need a special ap to download and browse locally.

Make passive aggressive remarks at their player and act salty for the rest of the session.

Not the most mature reaction but fuck why did you take the only course of action that had the possibility of instakilling me from full health when I explicitly told you to do anything but that.

Marcille did nothing wrong!

I love ecology shit so seeing the dungeon ecosystem at work would be what excites me

Kill him, usually. It's like that time where the party's fighter sold out the ENTIRE PARTY for a magic sword. He honestly didn't understand why we were so pissed at him! Like, he couldn't connect the fact that he'd nearly gotten us all killed.

So when we were fleeing several million undead (which he'd helped unleash), my PC was running alongside him when I say "Hey, do you remember the magic sword?"

So he says "No way, there's too many of them to fight!". Then I say "No, that's not what I meant" and stabbed him in the leg. He was pissed, and the DM told me not to do it again, but it was really, really funny.

sorry to be That Guy but sauce? ive seen it on this board before but i never found out what it is

read thread

>You are an idiot for not spoonfeeding
"no"

I think the problem is probably just that you're stupid.

Spoonfeeding is a stupid /a/ meme and it only applies when finding the actual thing should be easy. In this case, it was a cropped image with no reference to the series title or even character names in it. Giving an answer is appropriate, the first time it's asked.

Finding the manga should be easy, as it has been frequently posted on/tg/ for ages now. It also has monthly threads. It's like asking for a source on Mona Lisa.

A series which is probably the most posted manga on Veeky Forums and the among the most posted on the site. Something which you would know if you followed the age old advice and lurked more.

I think I can restrain my urge to roll my eyes at vague complaints of 'metagaming' long enough for you to explain further what you mean, because all three of the scenarios in the post you're replying to seem pretty damn different.

Firefox + Ublock origin + Ghostery.

>Not using noscript
Disgusting

lurk more, faggot

no u

You really think this bump was necessary?

>Spoonfeeding
>...
Yeah, I call bullshit on your supposed oldfaggotry.

So how dead is everyone this time?

everyone is alive, some are extra fluffy

bato.to/reader#d6d23e1ea091e840

I googled it, now stop whining

>in this dungeon, people's souls are bound to their corpses when they die!
>let's use this monster's corpse as raw materials to resurrect our friend!
>OH NO! The monster's soul was bound to its corpse! How could we have seen that coming?!

She did her best with what she understood at the time, in that specific situation I'd demand that she learn from it, it was an honest mistake but one with nasty consequences.

all said, the mission is ultimately the same, the details have simply changes

many would assume monsters don't have souls

>people's souls are bound to their corpses when they die!
Yeah, but usually not monsters. She couldn't know that this would happen. Also come up with a better solution.

Well, they did anticipate it, and it worked fine within those anticipations. But they couldn't reasonably have expected that there would be additional dragon soul-fuckery to give the wizard a hold over Farlyn.

This guy's wrong because Marcille's dark magic succeeded as it should have, and the fly in the butter was the wizard's influence.

You guys are wrong because souls or not, monster parts mess things up with normal resurrections.

The player is in control of the character's actions, but the character is in control of their body. If the player failed, then the plan was bad. If the character failed, then they tried to enact a good plan but wasn't successful.

These are widly different, even in-universe.

A plan that you fail wasn't a good plan.

Even accidental and unintended fuckup is still a fuckup.

That page is saying nothing about monsters. The souls of zombies, skeletons and ghosts all come from humans. Monster souls are not bound to the dungeon.

>It's on my backlog, so I haven't started it yet...
You should really move it up the list. It's not very long! A lot of the early chapters read really well standalone! Just read a couple, come on...

So, you're arguing that 'my archer attacked the monster's weak spot, but I rolled a one' should be treated the exact same as 'I just threw a fire spell at the monster immediately after being told that fire spells heal it'?

>rolling a one heals the monster
There's something wrong with your DM.

That was a good idea that failed due to luck opposed to a bad idea that failed due to stupidity. Not a claim that all failures should be the same.

Those are two different characters. Let me clarify...
>The Glarphyx is charging the party
>The old far shouts out 'Be careful! The Glarphyx is from the Elemental Plane of Fire, so fire magic heals it! That gem in its forehead is what keeps it on this plane!"
>Okay, party, what do you do?
>Human Barbarian: I hit it with my magic sword
>Rolls, does some damage
>GM:Okay, it's lost like 8 hit points; it doesn't seem worried.
>Elf Ranger: I shoot at the gem!
>Rolls a one
>GM isn't an autist, so the arrow just goes wild, clattering against the wall, as opposed to somehow piercing the elf's wife through the heart or something
>Who's next?
>Tiefling Wizard: I CAST FIREBALL!!!
>Barbarian makes his save to avoid damage
>The Glarphyx is healed of the 8 points of damage it took, back up to full.
So, the Elf and the Tiefling's failures are the same?

Whu are people acting like its unforgivable? She was desperate to save a life.

Because hating elves is fun

You'll recall Farlyn's skeleton had to be sorted out from the bones of 3 wargs or so. Monsters and resurrections don't mix, period.

>I'll just assume it's a wacky nat 1 meme
That's not what he wrote.

Eating elves is fun

Yeah, already thought that you guys are just baiting or just hate her because le pelinal angry face memes.

No, doing 0 damage and healing 8 damage are obviously not the same. What does that have to do with anything?

yes, eating out elves is fun

both were failed plans

Where is this from? I've seen these posted many times, and reverse search gets me nothing every time.

Seems like something that might have come up in the thread already, doesn't it?

>tfw killing and eating your own sister is now a distinct possibility for the end of the campaign