Rules Lite Systems

I was wondering what system's Veeky Forums likes for impromptu games, or one-shots? I'm looking for rules lite.

Anything between 1-10(?) pages?

Posting Scrolls and Swords for reference.

Other urls found in this thread:

drivethrurpg.com/product/223788/Blood-Dark-Thirst
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not exactly less than 10 pages, but the main rules are less than 10 pages followed by a few pages of optional rules and micro-settings to get you started.

Kind of similar to the topic, what would be some compact games? Games where character sheets either fit on an index card or aren't needed and don't require much prep to play.

You really have nothing to offer user?

Dungeon World. It's fast, with a strong core mechanic built to enhance the story, not restrict it like the shitty D&D mechanics. Failure in Dungeon World is actually interesting, and all of the abilities are codified into the core mechanic to make it fast, fun, and easy to use. The combat is also much, much better. A dragon doesn't need 300 hit points to be challenging like it does in D&D, it can do stuff that's actually terrifying, like rip a character's arm off. Also, armor is damage reduction so no more of this "less likely to hit, but still does full damage if it does hit" bullshit. The monster stats are incredibly light, character creation is extremely fast and fluid, with just as many options as D&D when you consider that most of D&D is trap options. There is no powergaming in Dungeon World, just a fast story-based game that still has the mechanics from D&D that you love (hit points, classes, etc) but with much stronger mechanics that lead to a more fulfilling roleplaying experience.

My last session of Dungeon World, my human fighter wrapped a vampire in a bear hug and wrestled him out a window into the castle moat. That is real roleplaying, not babby D&D shit where you have to make two different rolls and then have some autist look up how far you can move about while grappling. Dungeon World is about fun and good story, not rules and combat bullshit.

MAID is still probably my favorite system for oneshots. Most of the book consists of tables for character creation, but the actual rules are pretty light.

Fuck off with your pasta you fucking troll sperg and get a life.

Not a response.

Just found this while looking through drivethru: drivethrurpg.com/product/223788/Blood-Dark-Thirst
More than 10 Pages, but if you disregard the full-page images you have 14 pages. And the layout is somewhat spacious, so getting under 10 pages plain rules text would be possible I think.

Any more like this? I love that pulpy, B-movie vibe

Neat, I was hoping for a slasher movie thing. Thanks!

19 pages, but the font is large and the spacing is generous. Pretty neat for diceless gaming.

>goblin army wants to occupy the queen
that's pretty hot

>Zombie army wants to destroy the giant crystal which will raise the dead.
>Zorgon the Conqueror wants to bond with the Space Pirate Queen which will enslave a planet.

I like!

Even if this is pasta, I agree.

OP here, thanks Anons

Hail to the king baby.

Top taste user!

okay.