Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Tyranid Art Edition

Old Thread: >Codex Eldar next. Some crappy metal minis can be bought again, no one cares though.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/coming-soon-a-new-codex-for-the-craftworlds/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

1st for muscle girls

is that Hivelord daijobu?

marine players: What's it like knowing after all these years of being GW's favorite, that you'll never get a single new unit ever again thanks to primaris?

3st for chaos

testing out a new scheme for my Valhallans, still very much WIP. What do you guys think?

I want to slaughter Sisters of Battle!

Continuing from last thread. Tell me about your last game. Win, lose, fun, not give me the rundown.

I'm not a fan of it from a visuals perspective personally, but from a technical standpoint, that is very well done.

So if you're happy with it, I'm happy.

and the picture that inspired him

wakanai

Why don't GW release more conversion kits like they did with the Genestealer Cult Hybrid heads? Surely they're aware of all the third party that sells this shit, why not make bank off it?

Gib old IG art.

You mean contrast right? Yeah, I changed a couple of colors from the reference pic and I'm not entirely sure if they work yet. Gloves aren't really doing it for me yet either.

Where is my daily Duncan, op ? W̶̸͚̼̮͙̦͓͇͍̙̝̬̥̥̹̰ͅh̴̢̰̭̻͈̝͟͠ȩ̶̛̯̬̥̪r̮̖̗̰͟e̷̛͕͕̟̹͖̪͈͚̜͇̹̱̦͇͈͉͜͜ ̴̸̫̘̙̥̟̯͚̰̱̘̘͓͎͉ͅi̡̞͎̰̻͘̕͡ͅͅs̶͚̻̺̮̳͔͎͈̮͟͢ ͓͕̣̼̼̰̯̬́͟i̥̪͉̤̱̣͡͠ͅt̗̹͍̀̕ ̵̢͕̼̹̖̜̳̩̼̪̳̰̫̠̼̬̫͜͢?͙̳̭̭̩͕̀͜͡͠

>faction that has like 30 years worth of models, how does it feel to know you still have hundreds of choices?
What the fuck could GW make for space marines other than redundant vehicles that isn't already a thing?

What happened to her other fingers?

Being a new marine player i dont exactly care that much. I play Blood Angels so i sorta already take second fiddle to the codex compliant chapter

looks like a nigger

They don't have any vehicle anti-horde aside from the predator destructor.

They could get some sort of vindicator variant that shoots a massive incendiary munition for anti-horde.

Scions vs my Death Guard. Around 600 points level.

1st turn did a bit of shooting, ehh. In his 1st turn deleted 20 poxwalkers, just like that. I start deleting his deep striking scions on turn 2.
His battle cannon and gatling gun are really hurting, destroy my bloat drone. Turn 3 my flamer guy finally makes it in and starts roasting stuff, does 6 damage to a Taurox and degrades it. Take surprisingly little damage, my T5 vs his S4 really helps. Finish off most of his infantry at this stage now, flamer guy roasts second Taurox down 6 wounds too, degrading it as well. He charges his commisar at my flamer guy and he gets instagibbed.
Flamer guy finally dies on T5, though at this stage its 3 of my plague marines with special weapons and a lord with a power fist vs a single taurox on 1 wound and a scion prime commander, opponent concedes.

Dont you do it you tzeentch daemon

Darker trims.

but I like primaris and collect them extensively

I own my chapter in 30k, in m41 and now I'll collect their new generation too.

I do the same thing with my battletech faction

Praised be the Janitor, for he is doing the God Emperor's work by keeping us clean of filth.

yes

The white is good, white is a hard colour to do... but its too clean. It looks kinda like marble, don't really see creases or anything.

>praising anyone other than the god emperor
Heresy

He did it, the madman !

your white is too harsh and doesn't have shading.

You have to paint white as off white and highlight with white and shade with grey

most of the creases are on the back. Went high contrast so details would pop at tabletop height. Looks better at 3-4 feet which is where he'll be viewed 90% if the time.

I used to try to do realistic paintschemes but they always just kind of blend together once you put them on the table. Found that I preferred the high contrast stuff although I know some dont care for it.

praise tzeentch

Rolled 4 (1d9)

My 'loyal' Primaris Chapter will have its progenitor actually be:

1. Horus
2. Mortarion
3. Rogal Dorn
4. Perturabo
5. Magnus
6. Lorgar
7. Angron
8. Fulgrim
9. Curze

>eldar have a sneaky faction that uses spies

Whoa, are you guys ready for -1 to hit from more than 12 inches away, along with a stratagem that lets you deep strike any infantry?

I sure am!

How exactly do you go about fighting a Leman Russ tank army? If they're surrounded by conscripts you can't charge them to stop them from shooting, and anything that does get close will just get blown to shit.

>not magnus
fuckin bullshit

>IWs

>what are, Lascannons

Hmmm...

Heresy.

>Perturbation

Alaitoc is set for that one.

What will Saim Hamm be? Some shit about advancing more? Uwlthwe maybe some shit about psyhcic powers? Maybe Biel Tan gets to reroll 1s or some shit.

WIZARD.

What are you going to call them user?
>metal military
>steel soldiers

Lash+BS is the stupidest looking thing

Whatever your favorite craftworld is will get reroll against buildings and ignore cover.

I decided to include an Officer of the Fleet in my Militarum Tempestus army, since he both fits my fluff (my Scions are attached to the Aeronautica), and because his ability to let Valkyries re-roll 1s is seems pretty fun.

The question is: How big of a mistake am I making by allocating points, no matter how small, to this?

My plan is to have him chill with some Scions after they jump out of the Valkyrie

>I am posing a hypothetical purely to start an argument in which I will reveal myself as an autist and refuse to address any solution presented to me.

>Perturabo

Bone swords look so stupid compared to scything talons.

Stormraven is pretty good even though its main use is transport

The Grim Skulls.

Their heraldry will be a skull or some sorts, not decided yet on colour scheme.

>Go to store on Saturday when it's play day with my TSs

>2 space pupper players

It was a good day.

I got crushe the first time, won the 2nd with some clutch ahriman dakka.

The gin and tonics

[Spoiler] because it's cold and bitter [/spoiler]

How likely could an ogryan become a daemon prince?

I think my favorite part of the Tyranid design is that most of their weapons are actually other organisms stapled onto a host.

>thousand sons actually lost
how much wulfen did that guy have?

Pretty unlikely. Ogryn are dumb as dicks and that means they'll never have the drive to aspire to anything much greater than what they already are.

How many points are primaris worth?

I miss old Nid art.
Thought so. Can't accident yourself into becoming a daemon prince.

Can't wait for -1 to hit from 12" away Hive Fleet Prandium or something like that.

>Can't accident yourself into becoming a daemon prince.

Technically you could, I mean M'kar did absolutely nothing and he was granted demonhood. If the gods will it you could become a demon prince, even an Ogryn.

Dunno. I am just shit at the game. I am trying to learn though.

Also I evidently need a bit more fire support.

>If the gods will it you could become a demon prince, even an Ogryn.
Right but what is an Ogryn going to do that will draw the attention of the gods?

At this point I'm sure they are not aware.
They only notice when an idiot tells them about them

Otherwise they would not have been surprise about Celestine and Vyridian being on such high demand.

They have; Ultramarines just got a set for Primaris marines, and DW got their own set. They see the value of them, but release them per big release.

>Been running MSU mech SoB for decades...Today it hit me. I haven't lost a single game of 8th.
On a 2+ a single unit in your entire army does acts of faith. If anything, MSU should work against you.
How come you're on a rampage?

Probably would have to be a Khornate or a Plague Ogryan.
Probably would be a Plague Ogryan that unknowingly spreading some super virus across a sector. Nurgle turned a Chaos Spawn into a Prince so an Ogryan isn't out of the question.

>Khornate Ogryn
You called?

>search for a preview of the new Eldar 'dex
>all the results are 2 years old

That picture inspired this, too.

How you get preview of something not out?

They previewed the iyanden relic today

>Khorne

Mindless slaughter, probably the easiest

>Nurgle

Gladly accepting the master's diseases, eventually becoming an undying host to countless infections and sentient plagues.

>Slaanesh

Some form of excess, Ogryns are childish creatures so perhaps retaining a degree of innocence amidst the atrocities he has to commit, maybe a demon prince of absolute innocence.

>Tzeentch

I dont know, I think this one is out mainly because he is the god of hope and ambition and Ogryns are probably too stupid for ambition.

>Tfw someone stole your Infilitrator Princeps and a Vanguard Plasma gunner

Feels bad..

Maybe you just lost it.

I mean i doubt that user

Next time you'll think about associating with blacks, serves you right.

Either that, or the vanguard fell and busted off its base, and than the base got put back to where it was.

What the fuck are you talking about user?

Where do you guys get your bits for sprucing up your models? I don't want to buy sprues of stuff I don't need if I can avoid it, I want just one specific bit and it looks like everywhere I've googled only sells whole-sprue lots.

That's pretty awesome.
>Can you belief these xenos?
What about change?

>Ogryn played as devastator
Eh, that's a good idea. Almost makes me want to do a simili lost and damned army list with the Chaos SM codex.

Lascannons 4 Life. Devestators are you're friend. Deploy in cover, zapp the commanders first. Bring some snipers for the techpriests.

Because I've been playing SoB a long time, and other armies.
So abusing mechanics is not something a relay on, but actually understanding of the game.

I do not need AoF on everyone all the time, just one to three units during certain times.
Those three units will have access to AoF when needed.
My colection of 4 Immolators and 4 Repressor give enough choices to run what ever style of mech SoB needed. Along with melta girls and flamer girls galore I have everything I need.
With SoB right now if you do not win by turn 3, you are aiming for a tie or defeat.

Maybe I could get more SB, and HB, but they seem to be a meme. The spam seems good in paper, but in practice LoS, screening, positioning makes non mech stuff rather lackluster even with AoF.

It feels like every faction (except guard for obvious reasons) is going to get that stupid rule. I would be fine with it if it wasn't the ONLY ONE anyone ever takes.

ebay

>Iron Warriors

My condolences. Looks like your chapter is getting cucked from its beginning until forever after.

check with your locals

>Mindless slaughter, probably the easiest

>Random tiger on jungle planet kills a bunch of deer
>khorne elevates it to daemonprincehood

That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Meant obliterator, damnit. Also, their derpy close quarter cousins for melee Ogryns might work as well, I imagine.

pretty new player here, how many las-cannon equivalent weapons should I bring to a 2k game?

Lets try to predict the Blood Angels Chapter Tactic

This is what will balance Guard against all these other armies. No wonder why they think the Guard dex is fine. Hitting on 5+ is awful. I feel even worse for the Orks.