>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

Is it better to paint each mini to the best of your ability or to focus more effort in important figures and HQ's while painting expendable troop figures at a more lesser but faster level detail?

Previous threads

Been working on this all day. I don't have the supplies for weathering right now so it's on hold. Just cooling off in the fridge.

>Lamenter primaris

RIP Manlet Lamenters, look like the chapter is being reborne by their chad brothers. Here's hoping they're a little bit luckier.

why the fuck is it in your fridge?

>Here's hoping they're a little bit luckier.

So far... no.

Lost almost ever match I have been playing them in now, with 1 or 2 draws. Here's hoping the BA index changes that.

Figures, mine have the same curse. At least yours look good while doing it, mine still look a bit crap so far, I need to strip a bunch down and start again.

Trying to build a squad of Ork boyz with space marine armour on.

Finished the heads. the bodies are a work in progress.

Ace bannerman. I like the doodads you put on the head and the shoulder

But why the fridge, though?

>he doesn't cold store his models
When will this end.

how the fuck is that supposed to work? the helmets are blindfolds

That's going to be hilarious.

You don't keep your models in cold storage between steps? Do you just not care about the quality of your paintjob?

They're obviously using sekrit orkish teknowlogee

Do you understand how Ork science works?

Thanks, I'll probably be able to finish the bodies by the end of the week. My brush just died after finishing the helmets.

How does /wip/ stop their brushes from dying on them? I try my best to wash the brushes and make sure paint doesn't get too far up on the brush but it always seems like after 30-40 models it dies on me. I actually just ordered a bit more expensive brushes to try and avoid the fraying.

DIS IST WHY WE DON LET YOU GROTS DO ANYTHING.

this looks way better

Reminds me of this.

If the paint is climbing all the way up to the metal that means you're loading way too much paint on the brush. Some is inevitably going to climb up there but 30-40 models is a really short life. Make sure you're cleaning out your paint water periodically so you can clean them off with fresh water.

I always try to be mindful about how much paint I'm loading up and to not let it get up the metal.

I should mention that I've been using gw paintbrushes too.
I usually always have 3 cups of water when painting (normal, metallic, and cleaning) but I'll try to change the water more often.

the real reason is because i am too lazy to replace the dead light bulbs in my apartment. the strongest lights are in my fridge.

hilarious, but quit being a lazy shit

I recently got a Valkyrie that I want to make into a Genestealer Cult one- What paint scheme should I make it? Its currently primed some sort of green but I am open to changing it to something else

>That massive aquila

I'm dying

You realize the light shuts off when you close the door right?

What does that have to do with anything?

This may sound retarded but under some conditions, could a fridge be a makeshift light box?

he just said the strongest light is in the fridge.

The light shuts off when you close the door.

So either he's sitting there with his fridge open blowing out his compressor, or he's closing the door and the lamp isn't doing anything.

>or he's closing the door and the lamp isn't doing anything.
and?

oh fuck I just realized he's using it as a lightbox, not to help with the paint, nevermind.

I'm pretty certain you can't take the photo with the door closed, that's silly, and I don't think taking a photo of a model for at least 2 minutes with the door open is long enough to fuck his compressor

what the fuck happened to the marine helmet

a bit bland, that green marine helmet looks a bit thick too

how the fuck do you paint without decent lights? Painting in the fridge too?

Post your minis in your fridge, anons.

got a shitty little desk lamp. decent for painting if i get right under it, not good for photos. fridge works best
yes pls

>that comfy tyranid hat
Lol

turns out my fridge lighting is total shit

I'm sick, /wip/. To make myself feel a little better I'm going to dump informative jpegs I've collected. If you're feeling kind, please tell Nurgle to go fuck himself on my behalf.

>not just using a fridge

Keeps him warm when in cold places.
Also meant to look like a veteran of Baal when the Nids fucked shit up.

finally got these motherfuckers in metal. glorious motherfuckers

I think you replied to the wrong guy, dude.

>canadian whisky
vomiting_anime_girl.jpg

>Not mixing a few shots of Gibsons in your paint water to improve your painting skills.

You have a lot to learn.

Canadian whisky is just water with some dirt and alcohol in it.

mad jelly right now

Thems fight'n words

>compliments brand
Ah, I see you also enjoy the finer things in life.

Ohhhhh no, I know how this goes; we fight, you die, you win. You slippery Canadians wont get the best of me this time

>Space marines

>not space marines

Now I remember why I stopped playing 40k

>Canada
>Fight'n

>orks are now space marines

Turns out Space Marine, Ork's and a few Eldar players are the only ones who really give a shit how their minis look. Same can't be said about Tau players sadly.

Hey everyone, a few questions...I primed my Brets grey, following the advice that it'd be a bit easier to get some of the brighter colors to "pop" easier than with black prime. But now, I'm tasked with painting the gold, and silver of the armour. And it's not going to come out as nicely as it does with a dark black base. If you look at the pic here, the armor on the horse and knights, imo, won't look right without the black bits in the creases. Should I paint all of the area's that I want gold/silver with a thinned black wash, then paint the gold/silver on top of that? I'm just worked about too many layers of paint... it seems silly to prime grey or white..just to paint the parts black, then finally the color that you want...

Personally I say just paint the metallic colours. If you want it darker in the recesses just use a dark/ black wash.

I'm going to b painting some Stormcast I've be given and I want to do a grey and gold scheme.
What are some good accent colors to go with it?

Basically anything works well with grey and gold. Blues and purples would all look nice. Reds and oranges could work as well.

Not really checks though, that's like a web.

>You let it slip that you're a leaf and the rakes start flooding in.

First Trudeau, now this. Life is suffering.

I decided to try markings on my raider. Did this on my old first one.
How do they look?

What this user said Just pick the colour for the theme you want your guys more associated with. Violet=Regal, Red=Aggressive, Battle Ready, etc.

Could use a wash with agrax or something.

Looks good user. Maybe a bit too wide but you can clean that up with a careful application of red.

it's okay, Cannuck. You can just drown your sorrow in all the Chinese and First Nation girls you've got up there.

Instead of bitching about how many people paint space marines every single thread, maybe you could post some minis that aren't space marines.

Oh wait, I forgot, you're just here to troll and you don't actually paint anything at all.

Cheers.

I'm unironically going to use my fridge to take photo's of my mini's now.

secret santa when

> First Nation
Not him but I have never seen a native in my life

>just want sandwhich and a beer
>phr assholes have an ambush waiting for me

>Live in a university town full of Chinese and Korean girls.
Pretty good if you love Asian cunt. Never met a hot Native before besides the mixed french/Métis. Otherwise this country is on a steady decline towards shitsville and we Canadians are too passive to do much about it. Least I still got my painting and minis.

Dude the lighting is actually really good.

I hope this becomes a regular thing. It's honestly a good idea just to set a baseline on lighting.

You don't really see them unless you go to the reserves for cheap gas and darts.

I have yet to finish my DFC Commodore level pledge. Every time I start, something else sucks me away. Yellow is a good color on the PHR though, I like it.

All we have in my area is fat white girls that fuck everything and a handfull of fat black girls that fuck considerably fewer things. If I did enjoy my lax gun laws, I'd say I honestly wished I was in your position.

Necromancer Warband Update

I needed an Apothecary/Alchemist for the 'band but couldn't really find a model from Reaper I liked for my last order, so I just sorta settled for this dude.

I kinda phoned him in if I'm being honest. Good enough to play with, but I definitely didn't do nearly as good a job as I should have.

>The lighting in my fridge is better than the Light Box I built.

Fuck me...

Good trick

Keep in mind those chink girls come from money and tend to have high standards on who they let fuck them. Outside of that it's a country city and the girls are as you say. Fat and desperate. I do wish I had your lax gun laws though.

Awesome as usual
If do you want him to fit in a bit better with the rest of your warband, try making him a shitty thing hood out of green stuff maybe?

>Good enough to play with, but I definitely didn't do nearly as good a job as I should have.
Don't sell yourself short. You did a wonderful job on that leather. Finish those vials and face and you will take him from great to amazing.

Let me dream, at least, geeze. And who knows, maybe one day you'll get a guy in from the opposition or something and you'll have a mini Canadian renaissance

so is war boss green the new goblin green? asking for a friend.

What's vicol? Just white glue?

Apparently the Leman Russ is now a Space Marine unit.

I've done this before PVA glue works just fine.

When I looked it up, I found out that it's basically Polish caulk, but everyone and their dog went apeshit on me and affirmed that the technique is done with PVA glue. (Which I tried, but it didn't really work... at all.)

So earlier I was carrying on with assembling my dark eldar army and what a bloody nightmare I had I should have just gave up and gone to bed but stubborn old me just had to carry on and fuck it all up...

>didn't realize all 3 reaver jet bikes were completely different and there's me going in gung Ho gluing them together, only for me to later put the front grilles on and they are all completely diffrent fits so out came the green stuff and zip a gap accelerator.
>only then went and glued the bikers legs on wrong so now it's like they are midgets who cant reach the pedals properly.
>Then I moved on to doing the raider and all was going so well until I went full force pushing down with the x acto knife into my thumb slicing it open so I could see the bone.
>despite the blood effects all over the raider I decided to carry on, only for me to run out of time slotting the male and female hull section joints together.
>so there I go stupidly with the xacto blade as a lever to prise it open which snapped, that happened to be my last blade so it was back to using pencil sharpener blades.
>managed to Finnaly get it separated however the joints had snapped off inside so I had to cut them off and do it the old fashioned way with glue round the edges whilst holding it in place with one hand and spraying with accelerator in the other.
I went bed In the end, definitely a wise move.

Are you talking about Australia?

At least Games Workshop don't rape us for prices.. Oh wait

Who ordered shitty Crusader conversions?!

And here are some shots of what else I've finished in the last week (give or take a day)

Other than the Lich on my paint table which I have no real use for right now, the Warband is done for a while. Time to work on some other things (I've got Shadespire coming next week and I'm building up orders for my Ghost Archipelago warband)

I was thinking of giving him a headswap (as rough as that is with a 1 piece metal model), but I think I may just look for a different model from a different range, I really don't like this dude for some reason, he'll just do for now.

Got a bunch of nurgle stuff yesterday. Really hate the standard head on the Tallyman so I've done headswap, think he looks so much better now.

Holy shit, same problem with the new fucking Blightlord Terminators. Their arm sockets are all designed to fit EXACTLY into the poses you see on the box, heads too. The only customization options you get really is a tiny choice of head options and shoulder pads for one shoulder, everything else is fitted together in a single pose...

Thanks, I'll try out painting the silver/gold on gray, but it just seems like it would look better if the foundation were black still... I'm not entirely convinced that priming gray/white is worth the hassle...

Yeah that's the case for alot of the new models gw have started bringing out since the start of 8th, it's like they have gone down the line of making everything simplistic like that of the starter kit models.
Which is a down right Shame as conversion and posing just got 100x harder, only for the betterment of a minority of newfags starting out in the hobby who might find it complicated or hard to stick seperate limbs together instead of easy interlocking parts.