>Call of Cthulhu Trove
mediafire.com/folder/h9qjka0i4e75t/Call_Of_Cthulhu

>Atchung! Cthulhu
mega.nz/#F!ywcHkIAA!ycphEhCOkbnjOvAQ4t7TBg

>Pulp Cthulhu
mega.nz/#!L9EFWSIT!o6clZxfdrVSOLkmcQz3wQ2Af9-hKsUxKc7214VynuY4

>Delta Green
pastebin.com/rtpJfc2L

So, /ysg/ what scenario would you recommend for a new Handler who just did Last Things Last? How tips for converting older scenarios(especially The Last Equation)? Plans for Halloween?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/RJmHMj
makebelievegames.com/sigil-sign/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If I remember Last Equation there isn't much to really update. It's mostly investigative footwork and any potential combat is against humans.

You barely need to convert old scenarios at all. The main challenge is adjusting stat blocks for monsters, but The Last Equation doesn't have that problem. Just try to remember what the equivalents of all the old DG skills are in the new game.

Also, shoutout to the guy in the last general who read and replied to every adventure I posted. Very helpful, even if I didn't make use of every single suggestion.

>The "Ouch" on his fucking ID badge

Actually now that I think of it, you do need to do more legwork for some scenarios - specifically the ones which heavily involve elements of the old DG lore, like MJ12.

In those cases, you can set your game in the 90s/whenever they take place and play everything straight. Alternatively, you can make use of the Cowboy/Program dynamic and have the players take the role of either the government sponsored Men in Black, or the illegal conspiracy that always seems to be one step ahead of them.

Which do you guys prefer? The Conspiracy or The Program?

I prefer The Program mostly because it gives me a means of tossing stuff or intel at the Agents.

I used to think the Program was better for that exact reason

Now I'm leaning toward the Cowboys because it removes a lot of the headache of providing briefings and taking calls to the Case Officer. With the Cowboys, you don't have to come up with an exhaustive explanation for exactly how the case came across DG's desk, and having the players phone in every half hour to explain what they found and ask what to do next. Your briefing can literally just be a notecard delivered through the mail with a few lines of instructions. Who sent it and why? Doesn't matter, and if it did there's no way they'd ever find out. What should the players do about it? That's up to them to decide.

I don't think going legit necessary means you have to give that stuff up. Even though it's back to official, DG is a black budget op.

Generally my Agents get notified through official channels of special assignment and to report to some room in some government building. Once there they receive a briefing that is often spotty and missing parts. Questions are sometimes answerd with "You're not cleared to know that." or "Unknown." or "That's your job to find out."

If the Agents call their case officer too much he tells them to stop risking operational security or I restrict their official channel to emails which are answered whenever I feel like it.

Or even better, answered with: "Unknown. Passing up the chain. Stand by."

If that's the case then why bother making DG an official organization at all? Just stick with the old lore.

So I'm having problems getting my players into the right headspace for DG. When I try to explain it, no one seems interested in the sort of bleak nature of quietly saving the day and getting no credit. Do I just need new players?

>Generally my Agents get notified through official channels of special assignment and to report to some room in some government building. Once there they receive a briefing that is often spotty and missing parts. Questions are sometimes answerd with "You're not cleared to know that." or "Unknown." or "That's your job to find out."

This is pretty much how the SCP Foundation does it

>When I try to explain it, no one seems interested in the sort of bleak nature of quietly saving the day and getting no credit.

You need to show them Men in Black or Argo.

Either find a different group or pick a different game. Without player buy-in it's impossible to run a game like DG.

It's also possible that you're just doing a bad job explaining the concept to your players.

Lets me toss resources at them when I do want to though. Also it's lovely to see the slowly dawning sense of terror when I say yes to every request for equipment or weapons.

What said. Unfortunately if your players aren't into the concept of DG it's most likely not gonna work out. Even if you can get them at the table you're probably gonna end up dissatisfied when they disregard all of the bleakness because it's just not the kind of game they are interested in playing.

If you want to run a horror game or a game with a specific tone like DG your players have to want to play it as much as you want to run it.

Bump.

>Just try to remember what the equivalents of all the old DG skills are in the new game.
Yeah, that's mostly the issue I'm running into. I never played the old version, so while some of the skills are easy to convert (spot hidden to search for example), I'm not 100% sure where to put stuff like library use.

Library use doesn't really have an equivalent anymore, but you could always use bureaucracy as getting access to the information you need if its restricted somewhere. Maybe do an Int check to find things out/piece it all together? With failure it takes a lot longer to piece together and makes dealing with the threat harder? I think its a case by case basis on what players will need to do to get access to info.

I'm asking more for some of the NPC character sheets.

It's something I can ultimately do myself, but I was hoping that maybe someone had already done it.

>violence is adapted to him

I was considering running the Bryson Springs CoC adventure as a Halloween one-shot. Anyone have any tips for this scenario, or have other short adventures they recommend instead?

Is the new Delta Green rulebook worth reading? I'm just wondering how different it is.

Anyone got any laundry RPG books?

I never read the old one, but I enjoyed reading the new one quite a bit.

Do you guys make shitty characters more prone to death when you run a game?

The only new DG book out currently is the one that just has the rules and player info. The GM book that has all of the updated lore is only out as a plaintext manuscript for Kickstarter backers but it's due to ship some time in the next few months.

I haven't read through the whole manuscript yet but what I've gotten through ranges from "as good as the old stuff" to "not super interesting but not bad". The thing is like 500 pages though so you're bound to find something you like if you're a fan of DG.

You read the scenario at the back yet?

I haven't, isn't it just Last Things Last?

Nah, it's about some kid the K'n-yan kidnapped over 30 years ago that looks exactly the same age as when he was grabbed. He managed to escape, now his parents are coming to get him and the K'n-yan want him back.

Operation Fulminate
Dettwiller did a play through of it at Gen Con 2016, the recording can be found at the Unspeakable Oath

Nice logo but that's not a delta that's a triangle

Has nobody checked these fucking quads? Also, 10mm is a fucking meme. Real men use .45 ACP +p

Yeah, had some difficulty finding one.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Mountains of Madness. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Antarctic Geology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Dyer's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Nicholas Roerich paintings, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike At The Mountains of Madness truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Shoggoth's existential catchphrase "Teki Li Li" which itself is a cryptic reference to Poe's epic The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Lovecraft's genius wit unfolds itself on the page in front of them. What fools.. how I pity them.

wait the rulebook's out?

There's a PDF of the one for kickstarter backers.

How would you guys do Vampires? I was thinking of taking a page from Necroscope.

in the pastebin? thang

I do believe it's in da archive, yes.

Star Vampires are a thing but there's no reason you can't just do regular vampires.

Conspiracy is clearly the better option.

Real men just use 9mm, because the ammunition has much more research put into it. Meaning that it's pretty much superior at this point in every way, even when it comes to power.

This image perfectly sums up the character dynamic in one delta green one shot I played.

Yeah, my dad's department switched from .40 to 9mm recently because of one specific brand that beat out everything else.

Bump.

>Real men just use 9mm

And I'm sure you mean 9x25mm.

Pretty sure the munition you want to use also kinda sorta depends on the thing you want to shoot?
For some fashion cultists 9mm is enough.
For anything above that weight class? I would not leave my house with less than 7,63mm, 5,56 is for kids and mall ninjas.

>For anything above that weight class? I would not leave my house with less than 7,63mm, 5,56 is for kids and mall ninjas.
I assume you're talking about the game and not real life. Because 9mm is perfectly adequate for killing someone.

Well, even if i were talking about RL, i still wouldn't hunt a boar or a bear with 9mm.

I see people complain about "Mythos Hoedowns" in their reviews of modules sometimes, could someone with more experience with CoC and its related games explain what that means?

>i still wouldn't hunt a boar or a bear with 9mm.
That's fair. Works just fine on people though.

My PCs are going to summon up a Mi-go- thinking it's a demon- in order to make a pact with it. Mainly they're after information. What sort of thing would a Mi-go want in return? Gold? Blood? Something else?

The brains of smart people, or really crazy people, or even better, the brains of people who they failed to capture.

or Mi-Go and the like, didn't mean "weigthclass" as in boxing terms, more like small game, humans, large game, eldritch bullshit, eldritch NOPE, etc, etc.

>The Mi-Go can emit a buzzing imitation of human speech and can hold
rudimentary conversations with humans. Each attempt to impart or understand
information by the Mi-Go requires them to roll their Science (Human Anthropology) skill.
Failure indicates a confusing exchange (usually involving a poor understanding of
causality in four-dimensional spacetime).

The location of a Green Box filled with artifacts
Rare minerals
Brains

>What sort of thing would a Mi-go want in return?
The Mi-Go, like most Mythos creatures, are completely inhuman and think in a manner incomprehensible to humanity. You can have them want literally anything and the reason just isn't for your players to even understand, let alone know. It could be they don't actually WANT anything from them, just to see how/if they can get it.

Having said that though, it's a fine line between that and lolsorandum.

Is anyone running a game and need a player?

Also, what section does DG come under in roll20.

Also, is there a dischord?

>Mythos Hoedowns

when you have every fucking thing from the Mythos during a run, for no really explained reason

That's retarded.

what exactly is that pdf? some beta test or compilation of advice?

app roll20 net/campaigns/details/2382713/delta-green-the-program-hub
some kind person put this together
I dunno about the dischord

I recommend looking at Night's Black Agents, it has some of the best treatments of Vampires in tabletop gaming.

It's the draft doc of the new dg book

>Is anyone running a game and need a player?
Not right this second

>Also, what section does DG come under in roll20.
It doesn't currently have its own category, if that's what you're asking, although there is a character sheet

>Also, is there a dischord?
discord.gg/RJmHMj

If the Mi-go knows the players think it's a demon play into that. The Mi-go in both Lovecraft and Delta Green love deception and hiding behind fronts.

So have it request ~their souls~, a lock of each summoners hair, and soil core samples from the Trinity test site.

Bump.

Thank you. This has been helpful.

Choose the Dreamlands.

Choose the Cults and spend every waking minute trying to keep the disgusting hard-to-look-at apes in control.

Choose the Cosmos or the Dancers for Azathoth.

Choose lying to Nyarlathotep's face as you can't figure out if he knows, pretends to not know, or really doesn't know.

Choose to ruin your Godhood.

Choose no mates.

Choose your legacy lost to another of Shub-Niggurath's spawn.

Choose life desperately trying to chase down some feeling of invincibility as the fleshbags you once drove to madness by your mere visage ready their flamethrowers.

Choose turning on your own kind, ripping apart your mates, your offspring, your civilizations for fear the humans will know... and invade... and force YOU to understand their disgusting, meaningless 'emotions' and that these insects could kill the chosen.

Choose having to warp the primate's tank armor into impromptu body armor for your massive appendages.

Chose the Yithian Lightning Gun with these horrible things called 'attachments' touched by the meaningless insects.

Choose thumping away at 'meaningless', 'weak' primates from the mud, wondering if you should turn the barrel on yourself rather than have your GODHOOD and amoral right to rule trodden on by these insects.

Choose the humans' Gods, and consider that humans have their own insects - but insects that can swell up your throat, give you a heart attack, rot your blood vessels with one bite, cram down your throat and rip bits out of your neck and suffocate and wonder if these humans were just like that.

Choose Azathoth's embrace for your retirement.

Choose desperately trying to contact Nyralathotep for one last message as the humans flood through your lair,

Choose humanity becoming the New Gods.

Choose Ak-Dalta Gle-Vheemell.

Im sure people would carry the 9x25 if there was a single weapon that could cope with those pressures.

Now I want to see a game in which you play either as cultists or even the Old Ones themselves.

Conspiracy or Program?

My plan is to start all players as rookie DG Agents with the Program. Experienced DG players will have an option to be Conspiracy Agents working within the Program. The first "season" of the campaign will focus on the Cell being A-Cell's janitors, cleaning up all the messes made by other cells. A-Cell's shabby treatment of the Agents along with the Conspiracy occasionally showing up to pull their bacon out of the fire should disillusion them enough to quit the Program and join the Conspiracy at the "season finale".

The next campaign will feature them figuring out that the Conspiracy is even more fucked up than the Program.

Mark Rein*Hagen is doing Unspeakable: Sigil & Sign, a Lovecraftian RPG where you play cultists.

makebelievegames.com/sigil-sign/.

I vaguely remember that there was a mod for Arkham Horror that allowed you to play as the Monsters/Gods, but again, HUGELY vague memory, and I may be mixing it up with the fact there was a Touhou conversion that had stats for characters being both Monsters and Investigators.

The Program doesn't use the cell structure.

Is Call of Cthulhu a nice game for someone new to tabletop roleplaying? Or Delta Green?
How do I get started with this, just read the latest rulebook?

Playing CoC to get my non TTRPG friends to try it since DnD is too much for them, for now. It's pretty easy to get into if everyone is new imho.

We played 2 sessions of about 10h each for crimson letters and it was a blast. A chick had chop her arm off because I felt it was a bit unfair to not give her a way to temporarily escape from possession just cause she touched and read part of the letters.

10/10 would make her do it again. Also she got to help Abner later for extra juiciness.

I was keeper btw :)

So what? Calling them "working groups" is just asinine.

>asinine
I like the working groups better than I like Cells. I always give them a pretty cryptic name that has something to do with the overall plot

Hes obviously saying TeeGee.

Tea Ghee

Anyone have The Fall of Delta Green backer preview and willing to share?

What is it?

I actually think it's way easier to start new players with something like CoC or DG as opposed to getting an experienced group of people more used to heroic power fantasy games and deprogramming them into a low power horror game mindset. It's easier to set the precedent with people new to TTRPGs.

In my experience DG is better for new people than CoC. The clarity that comes from having a higher up giving you a clear set of orders and goals that you get in DG tends to gel with new people better than CoC's "Here's where you are, here's a mystery to solve."

It's a campaign for the Cthulhu version of GUMSHOE set in the Vietnam War and concerns the fateful and disastrous mission that caused Delta Green to be disbanded.

So does anyone know what happened to the night shift thread? Did it get pruned or deleted or something? I saw it earlier today or yesterday but I can't even find it in the archive.

Did it get archived?

Anyone have any quick notes on how ghouls talk?

The most recent night shift thread I see on suptg was three months ago, so I don't see it on there.

Beginning to think I'm seeing things, I guess.

No, I saw it too, like at most a week ago.

I must not have been paying as close attention as I imagined, since I checked my phone's browser and I had the thread still opened for me to read at a later date and the OP was dated five days ago, so you're correct. That or I'm time traveling.

They have their own yipping kind of language plus they know any language they knew in life, and any language any brain they ate knew.

>yipping
Meeping. But this is mostly a bump.

It is thematically Delta Green in the until-now underexamined period during which they were an official government program, right up to the point their Cambodian antics got them shut down.

Mechanically, it's 'what if all of new DG was GUMSHOE', which has many benefits but costs it somewhat of feeling. IT's certainly easier to learn but the always-works has to be handled sensibly by a GM so it turns from 'always succeeds a bit' to 'always move forward but forward =/= good'.

i'm not liking this the more I find out about it. It seems like the Mythos has been drastically castrated over the past 20 years. And MJ-12 is still hanging around, for no fucking reason and just shitting up the series even more.

I could almost accept it but PISCES?
Fucking PISCES was undone and the Cutl of the Worm weren't? Jesus fucking christ,
that's ridiculous

The scope of the game has changed to reflect the times. Conspiracy theories and people worrying about big organized cults aren't nearly as prevalent as they were 20 years ago. Threats appear to be more Lone Wolf based... like in real life. Not sure what you mean by MJ12 still being around, as they arent? Sure some of their messes are, but Delta Green isn't conducting the same level of experimentation or shady dealings as they were.

As far as actual mythos stuff goes, I feel like a lot of the stuff on the big mythos forces of new DG: The Lloigor and Yithians just hasn't been released yet. As far as the Cult of the Worm goes, Mexican Cartels are bigger than they were in the 90s and the Cult itself is global, so it makes perfect sense that they are still around, I mean the organization is what 600 years old?

It's been leaked that they are still around and are now, the shadow government of the US.

Yithians and Llogior aren't exactly the scariest and most disturbing parts of the Mythos. Heck, you could even call Yithians passive and apathetic compared to others.

Also, there's tons of worry about conspiracy theories and global cults; look at the Pedowood and the whole Moloch thing with Hillary Clinton.

I was hoping new DG would focus on things like the Hastur mythos, cultists using genetics, aps and silicon valley to start spreading their ideas and beliefs in new ways but right now it seems like DG has just taken a step backward, desu.