Is it possible to do a space empire based on Indian culture and mythology? All I can think of is castes

Is it possible to do a space empire based on Indian culture and mythology? All I can think of is castes.

Of course it can

Designated shitting planets

literally never been done before

Read Dune for a more Eastern take on sci-fi.

Protip: it's the ones they live on.

One of the most acclaimed sci fi novels of all time?

came here to post this, but will instead post kirby's concept art for a comic version.

Yes that's what the Tau are based on.

Came to post this too. I wish more people were familiar with Zelazny.

> yfw no poo in loo because there's no gravity so poo just flows back inside your ass

Probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

>wants to make one pun
>writes convoluted setting that draws on mythology most westerners are totally unfamiliar wtih
>writes nebula-winning hugo-nominated novel
>all so he can use his damn pun
God bless Zelazny.

What is the pun?

Coriolis bases it on the Middle East, wouldn't take much to alter it apart from clothing and a bit of poltical rigging.

If all you can think about are castes and designated shitting streets/planets, then you should first educate yourself on the subject, rather than asking Veeky Forums

/thread

>Coriolis bases it on the Middle East
>wouldn't take much to alter it apart from clothing and a bit of poltical rigging.
Is taco your favourite Italian food too?

Isn't the caste system Hinduism exclusive, with Buddhism and Jainism being the other two great religions originating in India? And St. Thomas Christians if you want to be edgy
>Inb4 Islam
There's a shithole called Pakistan if you want that

Read the book.

Are you guys aware that India is not in the Middle-East?

Cough it up user, I ain't got time to read a whole book.

user, there was an artbook specifically about this concept.

Oh for fuck's sake.

>Then the fit hit the shan

Don't forget the Sikhs.

This is wonderful, thanks for posting this. Have a comfy pic.

Didn't Nestorianism in India largely get replaced by Protestantism when the English showed up?