Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Saint Hamm ignores heavy weapons penalties, scattlasers for everyone and it costs 5 points per scattlaser edition

>Codex Eldar next. Some crappy metal minis can be bought again, no one cares though.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/coming-soon-a-new-codex-for-the-craftworlds/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)

Other urls found in this thread:

blacklibrary.com/coming-soon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Sisters of Battle!

How are mono Coven anons?
Lost interest in the hobby for a few months and popped back on a whim and some user inspired me.

DE are the only faction i find cool in fluff/models

What's best Dire Avenger Exarch loadout?

If they're going to be removing Boob-plate then they better remove Ab-plate from the Blood Angels as well.

Although, knowing modern feminism, they'll just be hypocrites and ignore it.

>Removing pillar men plate
What are you? Gay?

So we can track the codexes releases by the accompanying BL novels so lets check it out.

blacklibrary.com/coming-soon

October has "Ghost Warrior". An Eldar novel. (Eldar codex).
November has Devastation of Baal. A Tyranid invasion novel. (Tyranids codex).
December has "Fabius Bile: Clonelord". A Fabius novel that features him invading Trazyn's tomb world. (Necron codex?).

Re-asking from last thread at recommendation of another user.

So how does this sound for a list?

1x Celestine and her sister

2x Astropath with the bonus cover and -1 to hit respectively - to use on the crusader squad

3x Custodes with sword and board, one squad with Vexella

4x Inquisitor, all with storm bolters and as psykers.

1x Greyfax

1x Crusader squad at max strength

Leaves me with 45 points at the 1500 point level, thinking of adding a priest to further buff the crusaders

Two shooties. Ideally they'll never get in combat and the Shimmershield only helps if they're hit by something -2 or better

Does anyone have ruinstorm?
an audiobook version perhaps?

I'm not advocating for it, I like the Boob and Ab-plate, it fits the asthetics of the Imperium.

But if feminism is going to go "muh soggy knees" and rip out the boob-plate, then they better rip out the ab-plate, because that's literally just Rule 63ed Boob-plate

>December has "Fabius Bile: Clonelord". A Fabius novel that features him invading Trazyn's tomb world. (Necron codex?).

That would be bullshit. Necrons are finally capable of being main characters and "their" book is just more Chaos wank? Best not happen.

Maybe it's an Emperor's Children Codex?

Villains cannot be main characters.

Can you guys recommend me some of the books you like?

I've been reading the Gaunt's Ghost series but I want to find something else that isn't Guard for a while.

Also, which is your favorite Texture paint? I only have Armageddon Dust and it kinda looks like baby diarrhea.

Warhammer 40kuck

>implying Slaanesh isn't being squatted.
Keep kidding yourselves, Slaaneshfags.

fuck yes, primogenitor was tight

>Necrons
>More villainous than Chaos
Oh look, Carnac is back.

Chaos is objectively more villainous than necrons. The latter just wants to rebuild their fallen star-spanning empire.

wow that sis an very amazings super originalous jokeing hahahah super funny lole!

Excuse me, who the fuck designed this website?

But Necrons are the Lizardmen of 40K.

Trazyn's is a selfish character who wants to put the whole galaxy in a bottle.

Fabius wants to save mankind and uphold the Imperial truth. He is altruistic and will to do anything to ensure the survival of the human species.

Between the two, Fabius is the hero.

What's wrong with it?

Necrons are tragic heroes, though.

Besides, Chaos gets main character status all the time, and they're the most evil faction there is.

It doesn't do it to me, what browser are you using?

Fuck off Carnac.

Except that Trazyn is fucking cool and Fabius is a chaosnigger. Chaosfags BTFO once again.

>they're the most evil faction there is.

Actually, the ancient ranger Illic Nightspear says that the evil of Chaos pales before the soulless evil of the Necrons. Necrons are evil incarnate while Chaos is simple is. A force of nature.

Fabius doesn't serve Chaos though. He is the only atheist left in the galaxy.

That's because >aeldari are fucking biased as fuck and also they're gay

Ahriman and Abbadon would like a word

Yeah, but he's an Eldar. When it was the last time Eldar were right about something?

>the ancient ranger Illic Nightspear
Biased source, he's the spawn of the Old Ones so obviously he'd have a grudge against the belligerents on the other side of the War of Heaven.

Meanwhile Chaos is the literal embodiment of evil, not merely a force of nature (that's the Warp, which is not the same as Chaos).

Yep, it's Carnac alright.

Sisters of Battle Omnibus is pretty great. The Eisenhorn trilogy, Night Lords trilogy, Path of the Eldar or Dark Eldar, Deff Skwadron if you don't mind a graphic novel, Ahriman Omnibus, Carrion Throne, the Farsight series, take your pick.

Firefox, i can't select my country because the list doesn't scroll.

what about the tau

>But Necrons are the Lizardmen of 40K.
>Necrons have space rocks that fucks over chaos
That's bullshit but I believe it

You can just pick one and then manually fix the country code in the URL.

Fuck off, Namefag.

>that's the Warp, which is not the same as Chaos

They are one and the same. Picture related. You cannot claim Chaos is evil without accusing sentient life of being evil as well because Chaos is simply a byproduct of sentience.

Ah, I'm using Chrome. Maybe GW doesn't support Firefox anymore.

Yep, definitely Carnac.

>Firefox
There's your problem

Ahriman and Abaddon are not atheists. They believe that daemons and gods truly exist.

Not him but the site works fine when I use waterfox so the current version of firefox has probably fucked something up.

Rolled 5, 3 + 2 = 10 (2d6 + 2)

Right, rolling to Smite Carnac.

Got some questions that I would like cleared up since some people at my LFGS has been feeding me questionable bullshit.

Just bought Berzerkers and played about 3 games with them.

1. How do you resolve a unit of 20's attacks in the fight phase? As long as a single model is touching base with the charged unit, the entire unit fights?

2. Can you consolidate into an enemy and immediately fight again with your second fight phase / stratagem?

3. If I consolidate 1" within an enemy, during my opponent's turn, he / she is unable to shoot me unless they're using pistols?

>cannot claim Chaos is evil without accusing sentient life of being evil as well
That's an obvious fact, though. Evil can only come from sentient beings. However not all sentients are 100% evil, while all Chaos is 100% evil. There are good and neutral Warp entities, such as the Eldar gods, who are not of Chaos- Chaos is explicitly the Big Four Bastards and their shards.

Rolled 4, 6 = 10 (2d6)

Success, time for 2d6 Mortal Wounds.

And Fabius Bile doesn't believe that Daemons and Gods exist? Well he's dumb.

10 Mortal Wounds. Get fucked Carnac.

1. I'm pretty sure it is only units with 1'' of an enemy.
2. I assume so
3. Yes.

is there any timeframe known yet for the IG codex FAQ?

Not really. According to Fab, There is no proof that daemons or gods actually exist. These "daemons" are just our imagination going out of control. We give intent and purpose to something that has none.

Do people have issues with Death Guard mortal wounds?
Most of them happen in the sub 7" range which combined with how slow they are should put a dampener on its strength.

So he's like the Tau then?

Fluffy Imperial fist lists sport mostly dev teams correct?

What Brit-Time can you usually expect the Warhammer Community updates?

its pretty strong once you get in range but the only remotely cheesy version is mortarion, but he's nothing like magnus/big bird

>such as the Eldar gods, who are not of Chaos

That's where you are wrong.

Thanks!

And lots of Bolter Tactical Squads.

And Breacher Squads, but there are no 40k Rules for them in 8th Edition

1. Every model within 1" of an enemy model and then every model that is within 1" of one of those models.
2. On the turn you charge you can only attack units you declare a charge against, subsequent fight phases the answer would be yes
3.correct.

C'mon man, the rules for the fight phase are literally 1 page long.

Fabius knows about the Warp and its science. The Tau know nothing.

Farsight does.

>These "daemons" are just our imagination going out of control.
I didn't know imagination could literally rip people in half.

We have decided to update the ethos of Slaanesh and sxhi is now the Chaos Godd(ess)((male))(((queer))) of excessive moderatism.
The new model for a Keeper of Secrets is not completely desexualised.
Fear not, for people who already have an extensive range of Daeomins(tm) of Slaanesh can buy a kit that allows you to continue to be allowed to use your existing models in Games Workshop and Warhammer stores.

Man what is this guy's beef with the Eldar anyway?

That's the out of control part.

2-4.

Yes but how is "imagination" affecting the physical world.

Never been a huge fan of tacticals whenever I use them they don't do much and whenever they are used against me they don't do much.

Not very much.

Just clearing these up with some unbias opinions. I've got guys at my shop telling me that only the models surrounding the charged unit can attack and half the shop is going "You can consolidate into a second fight phase if you have it" and "No, that's illegal"

Just got into the game too.

The Warp, of course.

He still knows it exists.

You can consolidate into attacking the same unit, just not units you didn't charge.

Next time insist they show you the rules correlating to their claims. The rules explicitly state who can attack in assault and explicitly state a unit that charged can only attack a unit it declared a charge against.

> I've got guys at my shop telling me that only the models surrounding the charged unit can attack

this is correct, you need to be within 1" of the enemy or be in base contact of an allied model who is within 1"

>"You can consolidate into a second fight phase if you have it" and "No, that's illegal"

if by phase they mean the next turn, or if they use a stratagem to attack again

But doesn't know what it is.

>or be in base contact of an allied model who is within 1"
False, it's within 1" of an allied model within 1"

>or if they use a stratagem to attack again
No, if you charged that turn you can only attack a unit you charged in the charge phase

He can attack twice each fight phase.

Imperial Fist tacticals are better than normal ones, given they get the Bolter Drill stratagem.

Yes he does, he got told about it and that's why he rebelled.

I don't think it's carnac. Carnac is the quintesential chaos fanboy. Chaos fanboys would never admit that warp creatures are just facets of our imagination out of control and not real. Chaos fanboys are full on BL "muh chaos is an undefeatable primordial law of the universe"

Why is this place so insufferable? This. 'Carnac' bogeyman of yours posts politely, with facts and furthers the discussion even if you disagree.

So what's the issue? Why turn 40kg into a boring hive mind?

Yeah, he didn't even contest the "Warp != Chaos" thing super hard, Carnac would never let that go without a 300 post fight.

ah cool, close enough but thanks for the correction

>He can attack twice each fight phase.

berzerkers?

>'Carnac' bogeyman of yours posts politely, with facts and furthers the discussion even if you disagree.
Clearly you haven't seen the real Carnac.

>Yes he does, he got told about it and that's why he rebelled.

He rebelled for many reasons. One of them being what happened in Arthas Molech. Farsight realised that a great evil exists in the universe and it desires to consume all, and that the Ethereals knew about it and hid it but he does not know all the details. Where, the hows, the whens, it's all a mystery to him.

I completely agree. Finally another user that agrees the only main characters of the 40k universe are, in fact, the Tau. The Imperiumfags may deny this objective fact, but that's only because all of their women are beginning to realize the incredible appeal of the Greater Good. Rumor has it that even some Imperial men are rapidly developing a cuck fetish as the blue skinned stallions of the Septs take their rightful place over the Human species.

Does anyone here own the "at ease" krieg?
How do they look mixed in with the advancing and firing version?

>berzerkers?
Yeah, he said that in his first post.

I would imagine using the bolster stratagem would be better out to use on something a bit better then the basic bolter oh well.

Would 30 tacticals suit me or should I go for 40?

i am blind

>"Warp != Chaos"

Because nobody made any counter arguments and just sperged. The codex says Warp and Chaos are one and the same. And that's it.

I found myself on imgur for some reason and came across this.

It has the following posted under it
"Fighting gits by moonlight
Stealing teef by daylight
Nevah runnin' from a gud fight
I am da boy called Saila Moon"

nobody really gets featured anymore besides Imperials and CSM. It's a byproduct of the success of the HH series.

Still get some Eldar books at least. But I can't remember I read a novel where Tyranids were antagonists, for instance

Bolter stratagem*