MTG LEGACY GENERAL

Green edition

What are you playing? What are you brewing? Bought any foils to pimp out your legacy decks?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/snake-stompy/
gatheringmagic.com/aprilking-05262017-legacy-bogles/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>playing
Belcher...
>brewing
...with Recross the Paths
>foils
I trade those to EDH/ casual players for legacy staples

This general needs to be updated, how long has those same links been in there?

>playing
Doomsday
>brewing
Making final adjustments for Eternal Weekend

>with recross the paths
Yee that's my favorite version of belcher.

Anyone got some fun lists for mono green outside elves? Can be combo or turn creatures sideways I dont care.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/snake-stompy/

>playing
BR Reanimator
>brewing
Nothing really. Slowly building UW Stoneblade and Death & Taxes.
>foils
I got a judge foil Elesh Norn recently.

Spicy

With the new land snake maybe G/x land destruction deck?

>Using spicy to mean shit
Man this general was way better when edhfags y casualfags stayed out in their containment zone

>guy asks for FUN lists
>guy gets FUN list
>you complain about the list being shit

I don't think the casuals are the problem here.

I only play legacy and Im not native english speaker so sorry to trigger your ass by using 1 wrong word lmao.

>Having FUN with shit decks
Go back to your fucking spider tribal shit, we don't need your fun here

This is the reason MTG is dying.

Built 12 post.

Too bad it gets killed by every combo deck. 4 warping wails helped a lot though

Spanish Inquisition because I love living on the edge.

So who is excited for deathrite being banned tomorrow.

I know I can't wait to bust out my Goblin Lackey's again.

>What are you playing?
BIG RED FOREVER
>What are you brewing?
Nothing in Legacy
>Bought any foils to pimp out your legacy decks?
good joke

What's the best and cheapest legacy deck?

Best price to power ratio is probably BR reanimator.

i wish legacy was slow and durdly enough for this

Kearvek's spite is an acceptable 1-off in burn decks

i was talking about the combo not the individual cards

Doesnt this work with the chalice that destroys all permanents that are from arabian nights so it destroys arabian nights mountains.

that doesnt destroy rector though

>tfw would unironically like to play spider stompy

Haven't gotten to play legacy since the top ban, so I feel really out of the meta. Was playing 4color delver, now trying to decide what to bring to the next big tourny I go to. Have the cards to build anything but lands, trying to decide between czech pile, grixis delver, or something stonebladey.

Who's ready to get their shit pushed in at Eternal Weekend?

Is that a vintage rogue tribal decks?

That's not legal in either vintage or legacy you idiot

The top deck is legacy legal and the bottom one is vintage legal. Prove me wrong.

Yeah I don't own power so I'm just gonna jank it up with this unpowered trashpile.

I'm building a suped up, no holds barred Eldrazi deck for a thing my friends and I are gonna do. It needs to be able to 1v3, and I want to use black and blue colors. Any advice? Mvp cards? Gonna run the urza colorless lands for ramp but need to be able to control the board state fairly well.

And don't say it's because of the shitty altered demonic tutor, it's all I've got and i'll get dq'd for it on my own thanks

>Yeah I don't own power so I'm just gonna jank it up with this unpowered trashpile.
Thats pretty cool, best of luck

Thanks. There are prizes for the top 4 best performing unpowered decks, so I'm aiming for that. Unfortunately I think my shops matchup is almost unwinnable

> STOP TRYING TO HAVE FUN PLAYING A GAME
> IT WILL NEVER TOP8

please go

wait does that actually work?
Can I exile all homelands lands with that shitty homelands card?

good luck in the legacy ladder dude sempai

I tried brewing with the red draw 3 spell, but i always fuck it up. is there a reason you run that over the blue draw 3?

also do you ever run chromatic sphere?

no, I think the oracle text is something like "all cards originally printed in the homelands expansion" or something, do it doesn't count reprints or lands

I prefer the red draw spell because it is easier to hardcast and insulates you against REB a bit. Only downside is it can perma-exile cards if you use it outside of a pile but if you're doing that it's probably out of desperation anyway so it likely won't matter.

I've never like Chromatic Sphere. Its a bad draw, and the deck is pretty tight on mana so you dont always have 1-2 extra to use it. there are plenty of other ways to play around removal. I think it's sort of a crutch. I think I've lost maybe 1 game where CS would have won it for me.

>
nice

>g3 vs TES
>rip each other's hands apart
>cast doomsday and make pass-the-turn pile
>empty-handed opponent rips Ad Naus off the top, hardcasts it with no mana floating and kills you

Life is suffering.

What is the proper way to play preordains and ponders with a fetch in play?

Ponder: fetch in response, peak at the top cards, draw the best one, then shuffle if it's in a bad state?

Preordain: fetch in response, scry away badstuff, draw?

a)ponder/preordain first
b)fetch first

Don't know the top cards a)

Know the top cards and need card from them a)

Know the top cards and don't need a card from them b)

Dunno lol

really depends, but generally I fetch before casting preordain, since fetching after "undoes" the scry, and if you want both cards its better to have fetched before. Ponder, on the other hand, becomes much more powerful with a fetchland in play, since you can basically decide how many of those top 3 you want. For example, if you want 2 cards, the first you will draw off of ponder, then you can wait a turn with the fetch uncracked, draw the second card, fetch and now the undesired card is shuffled back in. Same idea if you want only one: just shuffle after drawing off of ponder. Of course this is much different if you already have knowledge of the top of your library, or if you have spells you want to cast off of the fetchland mana

This depends a lot on what else you have going on and what you're looking for. I think a lot of people just fire off cantrips without thinking about what they want to find. Just cause you have mana up doesn't mean you need to ponder.

>Gets 1-4 each time
>Gets mad and start complaining about banning brainstorm and deathrite shaman cause he thought chalice and trinisphere transform any shit pile in a proper deck

>go 1-4 most times with occasional 4-1 on the back of lockpieces.
>have fun, win or lose

It could happen.

Are you unironically autistic? It's more like
>Gets 1-4 each time
>Have fun
People who play shit brews have fun regardless of winning or losing because they know they don't stand a chance. This is fucking obvious. If they cared about winning they wouldn't be playing a meme brew in the first place.

Teeth guy has a mono green storm list with Hunting Pack, Early Harvest and Recycle.

>buy a damaged DT
>find a lotus petal wedged between the seats of you car
>accidentally doubled up on rits
>get a cabal therapy from pedro
>white border it
>two is close enough to a playerset
>white border the other one
>white border a faerie macabre while you're at it
>may as well play a few of them i guess
>man white bordering is hard, screw the other macabres
>grab some lands out of the draft box
>finally ready for the vintage tournament

May god always watch over you, for you are more worthy than us.

I'm going to Eternal Weekend this weekend and I have all of the cards for UR Delver, Grixis Delver, Canadian Threshold, 4 color control, and Miracles but I don't have a clear favorite. I haven't played Miracles since Top was banned Which should I play?

That won't happen because of Eternal Weekend.

Play Pile but with delvers.

How would a South East Asian sell paper cards online? Got any recommended websites?

> gets mad and start complaining
or....
> has fun

stop projecting your innate need to dominate others onto homebrewers

I'm trying to decide pretty much between those same decks. I'm thinking grixis delver, but I'm not sure yet, I haven't gotten to play much since miracles got banned out

I don't know where else to post this.

r8/h8 my peasant meme

Hell of a meme, pal

Worldgorger combo with Stroke of Genious/Whispers of the muse/Any x burn spells to win instantly when the combo goes off?

As long as it's instant speed

This isn't legacy specific, but how do you fight Tilt? I consider it one of my weakest points as a player. I tilt like a motherfucker. I rarely place in tournaments, even tiny local ones, when I lose the first round. I lose matches because mistakes I made 2 rounds ago tilt me. I may or may not have recently ragequit an MTGO league because I punted r1g3. I don't lash out at my opponents or act like an add but tilt eats at me hardcore. How do you stay even keeled?

Unironically learn to meditate. It will help you control your emotions and remain objective even when you lose.

>All formats:
>No changes

Makes sense to me.

I think everyone expected this

Im a person who has competed alot in fps games and only way I dont tilt is because my personality has always been calm and collected. Try breathing deep and slow and just focus on the current game.

I'm generally a very calm person, very difficult to anger. But Magic tilts me like nothing else.

Just by not caring much. If I make mistake and lose because of it, I just accept the fact and move on. On the other hand I have an issue with lack of focus. I'm thinking about doing something and manually do something completely different, for example be checking graveyard and on same time cast wrong card, but don't like to take that back, because I already fucked by showing what I have.

I wish I had advice. When I make a misplay I just want to crawl in a hole and die, and usually scrub out of the rest of a local tourney.

> misplay once and lose a round
> think about it every minute of every hour for days afterwards
feels bad man

This is the worst. Or only realizing days later you missed a winning line.

I mentally prepare myself before every game. This preparation involves removing any and all hope or assumptions about the future game. During the game, I do not allow myself any outward satisfaction or confidence no matter how favorable the gamestate becomes. In effect, I suppress my ego. The bigger your ego, the harder you fall. It's taxing but it can get me through a tournament unscathed. Thankfully, I don't have to do this when playing with my friends. I never tilt when playing with bros.

I do this all the time. Think about one line, physically do another. I lost a modern game when I attacked a blinkmoth into a collinade after looking at the collinade and thinking "thats gonna block my shit"

Mono G 12 Post is fun. Explore, Ancient Stirrings, giant eldrazi, Prime Time, etc.

Posts are better than Urza Lands. Run Po ders and Dark Rits I guess, but U/B aren't exactly good Eldrazi colors

You sound like a remarkable unstable individual but I guess I commend your willpower in these situations.

Anyone with experience know if this list is a good place to start these days?

2x Elephant Grass
4x Enchantress's Presence
2x Energy Field
1x Ethereal Armor
2x Leyline of Sanctity
1x Mirri's Guile
2x Rest in Peace
3x Solitary Confinement
1x Sphinx's Tutelage
3x Sterling Grove
4x Utopia Sprawl
4x Wild Growth
2x Flooded Strand
1x Forest
1x Island
1x Plains
4x Savannah
3x Serra's Sanctum
4x Tropical Island
4x Windswept Heath
4x Argothian Enchantress
3x Elvish Spirit Guide
1x Flusterstorm
1x Green Sun's Zenith
2x Helm of Obedience

if you're going blue and playing multiplayer, I would say River's Rebuke or other mass bounce spells so you can btfo someone's board state and keep dropping big dudes

>a remarkably unstable individual
I wish I knew how you came to that conclusion. Might be true for all I know.

one of the things that helped me is actually thinking about how annoying I find people who tilt hard and how little I respect people who tilt badly and turn mean, it makes me want to try and remain calm and to let it flow past me

one of the things that helps is saying things like good game ALWAYS and ALWAYS acting with sportsmanship, shaking hand, talking about the match, not complaining, always saying ah well one of those days to yourself, taking a deep breath and thinking about how to improve

Complimenting my opponent helps me. Even if I'm super salty, forcing out at a 'well played' has helped quell the attitude tremendously.

yea, even if it's a bad game. even if opponent played poorly. even if they're on a terrible deck that can't beat anything except specifically yours. say good game, give a handshake, deal with it like a man and be a good sport. the effect it has on calming you is really large, and it helps you move on a lot faster. don't get caught up on injustices or how you should have won or this and that, say good game and focus on what you can improve

I'm good about not acting like an asshole, I don't really take it out on my opponents. It just affects me mentally and eats at me.

T H I S

I drove to a big tournament with some friends and friends of friends one time and the driver got 100% fucked by a bad judge call in the tournament. He went to a higher judge after the match and the call he was given during a game was confirmed to be a bad call but the tournament wouldn't go to the enormous trouble and inconvenience to the 100s of other players by reversing the decision or having the players replay the match.

This guy should have placed high enough to win prizes but the bad call specifically made him end up with nothing. He was scary angry and while driving home he sped ridiculously and scared the shit out of the other 3 of us in the car. We thought he would kill us because all he was so tilted and so filled with rage and he had reason to be pissed off but it was such a bizarre situation that I really lost respect for him and I'm glad that the game has never tilted me enough to risk my life, let alone friends' lives.

why are recent DGA lists (on MTGTOP8) not running 2 chrome mox?

Why don't you just ask if Enchantress is worth playing?
Also Enchantress does not play Sphinx's Tutelage, Ethereal Armor, Leyline maindeck, or Energy Field. The energry field version of enchantress is dogshit
G/W Enchantress is the only viable. But the versions you'll see are terrible.

1x Green Sun's Zenith are you fucking kidding me holy shit

I-is enchantress worth playing?

Trust me, those calls feel just as bad for the judge who made them.

Not if you want to do better than 2-2 at best. I love the deck, but I had to drop it years ago. It was just too soul crushing to lose over and over.

What about BOGLES

If he thought it was a bad call when it happened, why didn't he just appeal tp a higher judge then instead of waiting til after the match?

Edict effects are super popular in Legacy atm, and Engineered Explosives even sees mainboard play. Plus Boggles is slooooooow.

That would have been the right thing to do but I think he must have already be getting irrationally mad. My match wasn't nearby so I didn't actually witness the game.

I've seen that Judge April person pilot an interesting Legacy version of Boggles that was Green/Blue/White (giving it access to counter-magic and Unstable Mutation) and it seemed to be work well enough. Might be worth looking into and testing out.

gatheringmagic.com/aprilking-05262017-legacy-bogles/

Is it completely crazy idea to play dark ritual into Lich? Couple that with some sort of mox and artifact swamp land. What monoblack cards are there to fight storm other than discard?

enchantress wont be worth playing until earthcraft gets unbanned, which at the current rate will take until 2070 because people think it's broken for some fucken reason

What are enchantress' bad matchups that would make Earthcraft solve them?

>other than discard
Even more discard.

it's not completely crazy it's just not that good and not worth it. I'd rather be ritualing out hymns or lilli or all kinds of other things that are more powerful and more relevant than something which isn't that fast a clock and still gets plowed. or are you talking about the actual card lich because I have no idea what your plan with lich is

earthcraft doesn't solve specific matchups, it's that it's an overall power increase for the deck that provides both enchantment ramp and a more appealing win condition that syngergizes overall with the deck and is easier on your deckbuilding since it doesn't just win it's also utility card

How does energy field go wrong in a mainboard rip deck?

Hmm, okay I can see how it'd be useful for powering out more mana for an Emrakul win, what about RiP/Helm enchantress? The combo is particularly potent, RiP disrupts a lot of strategies.