Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Winner of Heat 1 Edition

>Latest thingy from Community, Iyanden focus
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Squig-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

I'm glad the hot guy won. I wonder if Lawrence has a girlfriend.

why

>Leave Mortarion to me

Why are Warlocks comparable to Astropaths while costing nearly twice as much?

Daily reminder that SoB are top tier.

Bone is his boyfriend.

Party at Celestine's house.

>Leave poorfags to me

You pay the cost of being an inferior Xenos. That is why.

repost from last thread:
Ok, at a glance:
Flamer doms worse than SB doms, give em SB (preferably meltas if you got em, I'd have ran 5 squads of melta doms if i had the moolah)
all your immos should be double SB repressors
Replace greyfax with a psyker that can have null zone
3xSB BSS v.good in Repressors. 8SBs from one tank for like 200 points
Drop imagifier/HB retri - 2 extra drops for not much gain. Better spent on other stuff.
Celestine I'd just take 1 geminae but thats preferance.
Elysians fine if thats what you want to run

Craftworlder morale is 7-9 so why the invisible Commissar for Iyanden? When do Eldar ever have a bad morale phase?

Wraithlords being T8 again and not getting shafted with points increase makes me as hard as wraithbone, and I'm a chick.

I'd like to mathhammer that matchup later. I'm guessing Mortarion would smear Draigo across the walls.

Well this escalated quickly

Will Wraithknights and Wraith armies be viable again?

Is he really? I guess Lawrence likes mustache rides.

Would you be executed for getting cum on the Imperial Aquila?

That's why you don't pull out with Sisters.

No.

T8 means S4 weapons wound 1/6th the time which is pretty nice. Wraithblades also getting free +1T to boot which helps a fair bit. Will it make them viable? Maybe, but, it will make them harder to knock out. No more being wounded on a 4+ by a normal plasma gun for Wraithlords. Helps keep them from just going splat from most guns as easily. But, probably not enough to make up for the changes in the core rules to change them from meh to top tier. Probably enough to make them go from meh to palatable but still inferior.

Why would you pull out?
You are literally fucking a holy figure and she is letting you do it.
Then it would be Heresy to cum outsider

This is basic Faith logic for fuck sake. Those Schola babies won't make themself

Is anal heresy?

This is the Imperium son. We never retreat, we never pull out

Not degrading until two wounds left isn't bad.

Seems to me that a pregnant Sister would be angry that they can't fight as well, but if she is cool with it then great.

Where do you find repressor rules?

you wound everything on two's and do d3 damage per hit which is worth a fucking lot more than a force staff on a S3 body.

also your spells are better.

Just means she has more time for prayers to the Emperor

If anything you're doing her a favor.

here

Is the Barracuda worthwhile? What's the best setup? I'm thinking of scratchbuilding one with ion blasters and a swiftstrike railgun, I need more anti-tank shit and I don't want to spend money.

No you're not.

Is it finally time to build a fluffy Iyanden wraith host without being seen as a WAACfag?

Wraithseer, spirit seer, two Wraithlords, one Wraithknight and however many units of blades and guard take it up to 2000, basically.

I wish GW would bring back Stormtrooper HW teams.

What list did he use ?

(Handsome chads always win nerds)

Thank you

HQ: Tigurius

HQ: Space Marine Captain with Teeth of Terra (relic)

Troops: 6 Tactical Squads (lascannon in each squad. Sergeants carrying chainsword and bolt pistol)

Dedicated Transport: 6 Razorbacks (Twin assault cannons)

Flyer: Stormraven Gunship (lascannon, multi-meltas, hurricane bolters)

Make Ulthwé Great Again

She is also carrying another soul who may offer his or her life in service of the Emperor. Even at conception one has a duty to the Emperor.

Or an opportunity to train the novice in the ways of the warrior and all that stuff.
Maybe they take the job of vigilants or guid the prayers.
Just because you can't fight does it mean your war is over.

Why would it be? If dick does in the vagina pulling out would be Heresy. Dick going in anywhere else is fine.
There are always loopholes so you even Religion?

Oh and Guilliman.

Yes citizen, don't you dare to retreat on me !

Anyone have a suggestion for the scheme to use on my scions as Inquisitorial Storm troopers?

I'm leaning towards dark grey fatigues with black armor and red highlights, but if anyone else has other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Story behind filename?

Why is that transport so fucking good? Good for shooting units, has so many good guns, good in melee too.

>mfw discussing having sex with Sisters of battle

Just starting out, still trying to decide on an army. I like Tyranids, but don't really like the look of termegants. Is there any way to make a viable army without them? Whether using gargoyles or going all hormagaunts or something? It's a shame because aside from them and genestealers, I love every single nid model.

Three questions lads
1 can a long fang squad be accompanied by a wolf guard terminator with an assault cannon
2 just to be sure, you can consolidate into enemy units and make them locked in combat, right?
3 do models consolidate if they didn't get to attack this phase but charged?

Why the fuck would you ever pull out?

IG>Sisters of Battle>shit>Xenos>wet shit>everyone else

Sorry Admech I love you, but you suck

It's in
Imperial Armour Index Forces of the Adeptus Astartes
Page 54

(For the exact reference).

That's pretty sweet really, I've been playing since 3rd and those lists (minus girlyman ) are almost identical to the lists that won a lot of 3rd edition tournaments. Which is great, best competitive, varied scene since way back in the day.

Heretics and demons need not to apply.

Easy to forget they use to have them. At least give us stormie sentinels or tauros or something.

Yeah, maybe. It really depends on what happens
A) when you get ubercharged by the emperor's blessing
B) what a true name does to a daemon
C) how wounded morty was by geronitan

Cause with all of them, it's not entirely unreasonable for Draigo to beat him on the tabletop. He can nab a 2++ as is and with a bodyguard of just 4 hammer-wielding Paladins statistically can kill him, and that's just 500 points.

So I dunno, it's bullshit lore I guess but makes sense to me, old GM kicked his ass hard until dying only for Draigo to step in, smite his daemon-lovin ass some, then say his true name and whomp him into the next millenium

FW did not even proof read let alone play test their rules for 8th. I don't think they realized how good a rhino with fire points would be.

i can dig it

White scar null deploys, kroot infiltrates accross his board edge so he can never deploy and thus loses without a single dice being rolled.

This was in 7th edition.
Player was planning to hold his whole army inreserve for the 1st round of the game. Other guy deepstrikes a line of models along the table edge the guy plans to bring reserves on from. Some old rule along the lines of any reserves trying to enter the table within 1" of a model are auto destroyed.

Guy talking to the judge was trying to cheese his way into bringing whole army in round 2. Guy smiling set it up so the other guy could not bring his army onto the table based on rules as written.

Not something that would at all work in 8th edition

That wasn't 7th edition. That was 5th.

That's what the stupid faggot gets for trying to cheese his way around the first round of shooting

To be fair fire points is its raison d'etre, it's a little undercosted.

Scion Sentinels please, I need an actual AT-ST for my dudes and not an inaccurate AT-RT.

Why would you give yourself no transports like that?

>7th edition
>deepstrikes
>old rule along the lines of any reserves trying to enter the table within 1" of a model are auto destroyed
Just shut the fuck up if you have no idea what you are talking about.

>7th

Oh BOI

and dedicated sniper scions

>50 ways to paint white skin
>Ways to paint it tanned, pale and so on
>1 way to paint dark skin
>uses paints like 'Rhinox hide' and 'doombull brown' while white skin is painted by colours which reference skin rather than animals

Anyone else peeved by that?

>pretending to be a veteran player the post
Pathetic.

No

No. It feels good to be white.

I don't think you're really peeved by it, and that you probably just posted it to stir up antagonistic sentiment on Veeky Forums.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, fuck the Primarchs being unbeatable speshul snowflakes that can't be as much as inconvenienced by anyone else. On the other, jobbing to an even bigger mary sue isn't what I want either.

Have a Daemon Primarch be banished by half a dozen tellyport blastas shooting it back to the Warp, or buried in a wave of Tyranids, or ground to dust by enough mortar fire to pulverize a moon. Not some jackass with author fiat 1v1ing it because they're that awesome.

An expanded Scion model range is something I would love, but it seems most anons would prefer one or two of the "normal" regiments be updated first.

Why are rough riders banned from taking sniper rifles?

I know it would seem like that but I was thinking about it. My LGS manager is painting some Ad Mech electro-priests with a dark skin tone and I looked at the app, at the resources for painting skin and its really limited regarding darker skin.

You have Bugmans glow, Cadian fleshtone, rakarth flesh, pallid wych flesh and shades, highlights and so many more I've forgotten while for dark skin you need to use weird animal or leather paints? C'mon.

Dermal discoveries
Vague pigmentation
Crimson suggestion

Colorin' out side the lines.
Coloring inside your heart.

Can you really blame them? Catachans have pretty cool fluff, but just look at the fucking models.

God, I hope we get stories in the Xenos codexes about the primarchs getting their asses whupped. Mortarion getting uppity against tyranids and just drowning in gaunts who've developed resistance to his plagues.

My only guess is that GW had some fear that fast moving snipers could somehow be more dangerous than Ratlings? Never mind that Dragoons lug Jezzails around just fine. Also is that a stable firing position or just a good height advantage?

What are dark angels list looking like these days? Got a 1.5k comin up

Doubles decide what my next army will be !
If you also have crazy ideas for conversions, go wild !

>stable
dohohohohoho

Give every model an afro.

Even the ones that don't normally have hair.

Death Guard

Anyone got a good tip for painting lenses? I got a technique for large ones, but want to know if there is a good one for small ones like on space marine helmets (like the bionic eye lens). Was thinking just dab of metal then wash with lens color.

+1strength.jpg

Fluffwise Feral World guardsmen are rough riders because shit like lasguns confuses them.

I run scions and from the limited options the actually viable options seem to be slim pickings
in comparison to the rest of the ig codex
especially the non nonsensical warlord trait and
the army doctrine being affected by the star heavy weapons of the army.
The army is solid but its going to be the same build if you play it mono

Horde Sisters of Battle.

Hum, what is wrong with battlescribe in SM list ? Seems ithat guy list clocks in at 2030 pts.

Busty centaur abhuman counts-as death Korps death rider detachment.

There aren't many dark skin people in the hobby

Nothing but Mandrakes.

JoJo themed Inquisition.
Inquisitor with a daemon host "stand".

Karskin regiment

Inyanden. Like Iyanden, but in hello kitty colours with green stuff cat ears on all the wraiths.

>Can you really blame them?
Not at all, new guardsmen is something I want very much as well, but I think an elite regiment should have some more gear.