How could humanity fall back into a tribal society?

How could humanity fall back into a tribal society?

Implying it ever left, Harald.

Adopting Sharia law on a global scale.

You would have to literally wipe up civilization and along with it over 95% of human population for this shit to work.
Stop having dreams about muh tribalistic post-apo. World is already fucked up enough without that shit dream of yours, that steems away from being bored with reality around you, because somehow you feel too good and need to invent yourself situations that are horrible.

Economical collapse.

Be Germany

alternatively, if a means of traveling to other worlds were found that is simple without advanced tech allowing the spread of humanity across enough worlds to spread them as thin as they were thousands of years ago, then much of humanity would regress to tribal status.

Civilization comes from pushing a lot of people into a small space. Giving more space to spread or reducing the number of people would be the only way.

Have blue tooth and wireless transmissions suddenly fail

I was thinking about making a thread to ask this earlier today, but I knew it would just fill up with /pol/tards and I wouldn't get any good replies, so I'll co-opt OP's thread for a bit.

In the near-ish future when things like solar-powered generators and protein assemblers are cheap enough for the average human to own, what do you think will happen to society? If every human of modest wealth is able to purchase equipment that allows them to completely divorce themselves from commerce and society, what holds will keep people together?

Basically, what do you think will happen to us once we arrive at a level of technology that allows us to live comfortable leisure-filled lives without having to interact (directly or indirectly) with any other humans?

you might be reading a bit much into a 9 word post

I'm only doing it because /pol/tards WILL ruin the thread with their political garbage so at least we can strike the first blow.

Are you retarded on purpose or for real? By your logic, any form of settlers send to anywhere would inevetably turn into a tribalistic society.
Do I really need to mention this never happend, you stupid shit?

Pic for you

>I'm going to ruin this thread before others will ruin it!
I guess Eternal Summer is really a thing.

>purchase equipment that allows them to completely divorce themselves from commerce and society,

You can't divorce yourself completely from commerce and society and the vast majority of people would never do so, seeing as humans are very social animals.

And how do you think you purchase all these

> solar-powered generators and protein assemblers?!?

You have to trade for them. By producing something that somebody else wants. That's commerce. You'll never be hand-crafting a protein assembler any more than you'll be hand-crafting a smartphone.

Any 2 people standing together is an economy.

And we're all very tribal as it is. Unless dumb op meant to say "low level of technology hunter-gatherer tribes", which is an entirely different concept.

>All basic survival gets delegated to computers that all get taken out suddenly. No books available. Tried and true method.

What if we move forward to it?
>Utopic communism of small self-sustaining communes with no central government
>Corporate dystopia forcing fanatical loyalty to the employer while obsoleting existing notion of nationality or ethnicity
>Rowing AnCap warbands
>Nightmare mode: all of the above

By adopting millenia old Babylonian religion from Ur

Climate change could cause massive migrations tho, when Krakatoa erupted in the 7th century, Constantinople was besieged by nomadic types (Alans)

Northwest Europeans successfully commit self genocide.

Some amount of society would be necessary, if only to produce further generations.

They will either wither away in seclusion and lonliness or they will spend time with each other, focusing on art, music, and play games, to create.

There won't be anything to hold people who don't want to be with other people together, but there will always be plenty of people who need to be around other people, so they will still keep together.

We don't have to interact but most actually want to.

If the side that isn't my side accomplishes the secret goals I say they have then everything will be ruined forever.

Fortunately I've heard around about the right solution and I feel like people are starting to come around to it ever since I became aware of it.

If arbitrary micro assemblers drop to the price range of one being in every garage, I'm pretty sure we would be facing multiple apocalyptic plagues before we had all that ling to enjoy post-scarcity life and develop new social norms for it.

People finally realize that sustainable communities can only truly be made if you keep Dunbar's number in mind when forming communities.
Cities are abandoned and demolished for materials.
Large swathes of humanity cease to exist and everyone who remains lives in small idyll communities.

This is where life gets fun. Every ambitious man becomes a nation unto himself. Every man becomes an entrepreneur, a nation, a corporation all rolled into one.

It's like you are retarded for real and not just pretending

You have no imagination or any amount of reading comprehension. And of course it never happened as to do what I described you would need a near fantastical change in the universe as a whole. What you said had no bearing on my post at all.

>any form of settlers send to anywhere would inevitably turn into a tribalistic society.
They potentially can if cut off from civilization entirely, no new arrivals, no supply of resources, and lacking the industry or numbers to build up much in their new location, the best they could hope for is pre-industrial level of society but depending on their circumstances they could fall further. You would also need a lot of time for the knowledge to be lost.

The main point, you dumbass, is that in order for it to be "possible" to have what OP asked, you would need a thinly spread population and our population is much too large and condensed for that. It's not the most likely outcome, but it's a possible one given the right circumstances. So in order to get what OP asked you either need fewer people or more space and a way of spreading them over that space.

Capitalism running it's course without change to another system

>Commie filth.
Disgusting.

>long with it over 95% of human population for this shit to work.
Bollocks. Much of humanity is still tribalistic, especially the middle east. It's easy to not realise how tribal most groups are, it's just Europeans and Anglos who aren't.

Oh, so you are retarded for real too

I wonder what 1.5 billion Chinese would like to say to your stupid /pol/tard ass

>what is guanxi

While you're missing the point you do point out the initial problem with OP's question is that he uses the wrong terminology. He is thinking of hunter gatherer societies, pre-agricultural, and he associates the concept of tribes with that.

He is wrong as much of the world does have tribalism still ingrained in their culture despite the advance of civilization around them, and it's only in the west that we, having lost a lot of that some time back, assume tribes are a thing uncivilized cultures do.

I still think nuclear families should disappear.

>I can't understand what they're saying
>can't think of an argument
>I'll just call them retarded
Right.

Op here.

Nope, i didn't mean that. I meant tribes like in the middle east.

if that's what you meant then the answer is just that you need a big reset button for a culture to have that form of tribes. Otherwise the closest you get are people having tribal attitudes over other things like they do everywhere, but then associating that with their own more more local community, only for the community to migrate around and interact with other communities over time.

It seems like a silly question to ask from that angle.

>guanxi
>tribal
Following this pattern, we never really went from tribalistic society to anything else.
Also
>2017
>guanxi
More outdated memes, please!

China is tribalist as fuck. They bulldoze mosques, are ethnically cleansing Tibet, and have more billionaires in their country than they do 'refugees'.

So we actually have a great historical example of this happening. The Bronze age Collapse.

Generally the number one cause of this accepted by historians is Famine.

>Large empires posses massive bureaucracies and artisan classes
>Complex societies that are dependent on a long series of links in order to continue functioning
>If any one link breaks the whole house falls apart
>Empires are externally dependent on trade with each other as much as on their own internal systems
>One empire falls so do the rest
>Soil degradation results in not enough food being produced to support large populations
>Causing weakness with the Hittites and Myceneans
>Ripple effect results in Egyptians and Assyrians being weakened
>Invasion of sea peoples results in the killing blow being dealt to Hittites and Myceneans
>Egyptians are able to throw them off and Assyrians are not really attacked by sea peoples because they don't boarder the Med
>Egyptians survive being invaded and Nile protects them from Famine
>Fall anyway because they are so dependent on bronze from the Hittites
>Assyrians far enough removed that they hold out the longest but fall apart ~100 years after the others.
>Dark age for 500 years until classical period when Phoenicians, Greeks, and Persians restore Civilization

I believe that climate change, whether caused by man made greenhouse gasses, volcanic eruption, meteor impact, or nuclear war is probably the only realistic way for something like this to happen in our modern world. But you can see how our society being so dependent on global trade mirrors the society of the Late Bronze Age.

No electricity