Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Proper General links edition

>Latest thingy from Community, Iyanden focus (doesn't look too OP or even that good)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/craftworld-focus-iyanden-oct-16gw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh, a /40kg/? I think I'll take it.

>another fucking thread war
Jesus Christ dude, just post the links in the other one. FUCK off

>We get through like 4 generals a day. One not having the right links isn't going to fucking kill anyone.

I'd rather play it safe and not lose a link in the shuffle

Thinking about bringing a vindicare with 5 scout snipers in my next 2k tournament. He regularly leaves a model on 1 or 2 wounds so I'm hoping the scouts will seal the deal. Anyone tried that yet?

Captain, Tac Sargent, or robed vet sargent. Which of these would look best with the servo skull from the Scions box attached to its backpack?

Nurgle is best god

As shit. Well this thread is ruined. Migrate

Tzeentch is best god

So which craftworld is gonna get stuck with the -1 to hit at over 12" craftworld trait?

Robes of course

Mymaera or whatever the fuck it's called

So I gotta ask what loadouts folks are putting on Ironclads.

I tried doing dual heavy flamers and all melee weapons before saving it as a counter charge unit and not having it do shit after it fired its Hunter Killers.

I'm thinking about throwing a Hurricane bolter on for extra points and for some extra fire support

Alaitoc. The ranger one.
They get stealthy rangers who super stealth... stealthy.

>2% of the entire chapter in that image
GW numbers are retarded

Created my first list. Could I gets some critiques and suggestions?

That's a FW one, it wouldn't be in the Codex even if there were going to be more than the Big 5, which there won't.

fuck robes

tabard > robes

> get excited to try and paint legio fuegans color scheme on mechanicus today.

After 4 thin coats of yrial over averland the yellow STILL looks like shit.

Look down and realize i had been using flash gitz yellow for over 4 months.

Mfw

You right.

Gonna be honest, I hadn't considered tabards until I'd already bought the robe bits. I'd consider just getting them but isn' only like 2 out of 10 tabards from the BT upgrade box without their cross?

More importantly, who is gonna get ignore cover and reroll to buildings?

I'd look up chinese recasters, i think Z sells just the tabard bit for cheap.

Yeah because they do that with every Codex right?

Sure sucked to be the guy who plays the AdMech Forge World that got ignore cover and re-rol- oh wait.

Yeah man I hated that my IG Regiment got ign- oh nevermind.

Could I use these as chimeras for krieg?

u wot

not even kriegers would ride that thing into battle.

probably not

>stuck with
>implying this won't be the best one

Wrong file

You'd be better off with the first one

I'll look into it

F

God, I love this unit.

Eh, i've got one better.

Been assembling FW plague marines for a whole fucking week but for some fucking reason they just wont stop falling apart look down and i've been using plastic glue.

>marinelets
Look like trash now. I could literally never go back.

Forgot to add that i've been in this hobby for like 15 years.

Already lost the Duncan and the > for the math-hammer

hurricanes are awesome man, cheap as chips too

A bit hard to top pic-related

I welcome death lads. Atleast i know i can impove a LOT and the yellow was atleast partially to blame

I'd suggest never using pure black and use a very dark grey, like VMC German Grey.

Also for an army that covers large portions of the model in yellow, i'd suggest priming in yellow.

oy vey

You should elaborate on how you would deploy that clusterfuck of mixed units. Also you've taken 6 squads of cadian guardsmen and decided to give them flamers instead of something that can benefit from their rerolls for some reason. That command squad is expensive and can easily be picked out of the crowd, take just one item per command squad, keep it low key and efficient and they won't draw fire. Whoever told you to mix your heavy weapons teams should be shot for heresy. What is your plan for those two Valkyries?

It looks like you cracked an egg over that poor model. Just base brown and build to averland. Save yourself the trouble of trying to paint that eyesore of a color

Probably could but I think you could use a better tank like that of the panzer IV as they have a greater guardsman feel to them and come more across as more on par with that of a chimera.
>weapon wise they have a main cannon aswell as a frontal machine gun similar to Chimera roughly minus the 6 lasguns on the side.
>the Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251 is a light armoured apc that only has a mounted mg42 and stat wise is nothing like a chimera and compares to that of an ork wartrak and will just look out of place if you call it equal to a chimera.
>the shape of the panzer IV has a short wheel base Chasis similar to that of a chimera and looks very similar in regards to how tanks are in 40k.
>you could have some easy is great fun with conversion to make it 40k kreig worthy.

Yeah, I'll be giving them a go with Hurricane Bolters

Starting up tyranids, getting the start collecting box next week. How will they play right out the box? What should my next purchase be?

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, and just went for what seemed cool. Planned on using Valks for troop transport/air support.

Nids are getting a new codex and new SC! box in early November, you might want to wait.

Empower/Enervate seems pretty good, tho it'll probably be 7+ to cast.

+1 to wound on Shining Spears is legit, especially combo'd with Doom, and stacking -1 to wound on T6 Wraithblades or other high toughness models to force 6+ to wound might let Eldar tarpit pretty well.

Maybe it'll make Howling Banshees actually half-decent (maybe)

making marines competitive.

fix tac marines by letting them take 2 special or heavy weapons per 5 guys, and 3 per 10.

make drop pods 50pts, t5 5w 4+, and allow them to carry goddamn dreadnoughts again.

give them access to more mortal wounds.

RIP I already ordered it. Any idea whats in the new box? Will probably get that too

banshees have always been a clusterfuck of concepts.

Marines were top 2 spots in the last tournament. Shut up. Stop posting forever.

>I could take 3 flamers on one squad
Please gib this

Its ok, yrial is much easier to paint and ill be getting it soon, its flashgitz right now

Thanks Genetor user! I'll post what I've made so far in just a bit!

Genestealers, broodlord, and trygon

>paint to completion half my guardsmen
>stop because I want to work on my nids
>leave guard for couple of years
>new codex
>try to finish remaining guardsmen
>can't remember what paints I used
>a few of the paints have gone bad too
>GW has changed the names again

I'm left painting a few guardmen by trial and error with different shades and hoping to get one that matches the rest. The replacement colprs aren't much good either, GW says the new colors match but anyone who has compared mechrite red to mephiston red can see they don't match. They've done this shit three times since I started 40k back in 2009 with the little bolter-casing paint points. I'm sick of it.

What's a good paint range that isn't going to replace all their colors with new shit every couple of years?

Only because of guilliman. Marine lists without guilliman are trash at higher levels.

Good goy.

It's a 6 to cast.

not talking about guilliman garbage.

ah ha I see you desire the sweet release aswell

got this army off ebay awhile ago.
I've spent to long trying to fix the guys botched attempts at using shade/painting yellow on black fucking primer

>fix tac marines by letting them take 2 special or heavy weapons per 5 guys, and 3 per 10

That doesn't change anything, all the special weapons are too weak against horde. Tacs would need to shoot twice with bolters to be decent.

I used to use them way back in 5th ed to decent effect.
With Doom up and sheer volume of attacks, they were a solid and cheap anti MEQ finisher unit

>40k krieg worthy

Speaking of which I've been working on these German 88 flak cannons for my krieger's earthshaker carriages, and some nebelwerfers as thudd guns to make the army feel more gritty and thematic (mostly because I hate the lack of detail in GW's artillery and I'm not paying $100 per cannon).

Theres a guy in my group essentially calling me a waac tryhard bandwagoner even though I've been slowly building up my guard forces a few months before the indices even dropped in anticipation.

Its got me really discouraged and I'm having a hard time committing to assembling and painting my Kriegers.

Is he right? Should I have sold my small collection and picked up something else when the new indices dropped to not be a powergamer?

3 flamers + combi flamer would be amazing against horde

Anyone upset by you bringing your "A" game to a battle isn't worth playing with, since they either won't bring their A game, which is boring, or they will, which is hypocritical.

what model kit is that?

I see you also drink Coke Zero and play Guard. You are my spirit animal, except I don't play space lobotomy friends.

Don't worry about what other people think, build and paint and play whatever you like the most. If people start refusing you games, ask them why or let them decide if it's op or not by actually playing first.

I just leave it as Averland Sunset.
Unless it HAS to be bright ass yellow in order to really fit, you can work with a slightly darker shade and it doesn't seem wrong.

You just need to make the other colours a bit darker so it isn't obvious.

The lack of cheap transports for Primaris units annoys me.

Tamiya 88mm gun flak 36/37

That's what I thought too, and its not like krieg can bring a wall of conscripts, or deepstriking scions, or massed rerolling doctrines. It's still discouraging to hear though.

nah, fuck that guy. as long as you actually care weather your opponent is having fun, and try to adjust at least a little, you can play what you like. its only at the toppest of the top players that shit gets really lopsided.

Thats pretty cool. Seems more like start collecting genestealers tho

I think GW is gonna push genestealers in the release. So hopefully they'll finally be useful I've collected 120 over the years :D.

It would be 2 flamers and a combi-flamer. Which is 6.3 vs geq for 93, already less efficient than standard 0 equipment assault marines.

>more fearless armies

GW why

Genestealer horde is probably the strongest tyranid list right now. Maybe edged out by tervigons and termagants.

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

Which Space Marine Chapter is most "Willing to do some pretty terrible stuff to get shit done"?

Battleshock is a complete waste of a mechanic to start with, they might as well just have removed it and made weapons better to compensate.

internally they are strong, but externally they are a bit blah.

Just did an audit of my Plague Marines, I have 13 Bolter Marines, 3 Plasma Marines, 4 Blight Launcher Marines and 3 Champions with Plasma Gun and Power Fist.

Can make 3, 7 man squads with 4 Blight Launchers and 5 Plasma Gun. Decent number of Plague Marines, or should I go for maybe 7 more?

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot to me. I guess I'll get back to assembling now.

Suicidal space Germans out.

There's a guy at my local store that regularly dominates with a list that's literally nothing but broodlords and genestealers.

Yeah, it's really weird. I was reading through the codex for the first time just the other day. Everywhere else it's "Untold millions" and "Uncountable billions" except for the very, very specific and very small numbers they give to marines. They don't say how many Eldar are on a craftworld, they don't say how many people an average hive world houses, they don't even say how many planets are in the imperium past "millions." But they give exact numbers for Space Marine chapters and they're way too small.

Replace the Special Weapons squad with a ratling squad. Better aim, same role, and they can redeploy before turn one to get the best line of site on the enemy commanders.

Remember to post how it's going in the WIP thread

They all do, but Inquisition aligned ones are most likely to perform distasteful deeds on a regular basis

That's because broodlords are one of the most efficient HQs in the game and definitely the best in the nid book.

May look ghastly to many but I'd say it is colour scheme with potential that gives off a witcher nilfgardian style (pic related) look that I'm now even tempted to try out for my marines now that you have jolted my memory as im in need of an original colour scheme.

>use mechanics standard grey washed with nuln oil built up up with acending highlights of gray for the black to turn into a slightly lighter reflective black that isn't a solid pitch black.
>aim for an end result yellow with a slightly darker tinge like that of how bad moons orks armour is done, there is even a PDF file online by citadel out there if you look hard enough.
>reduce the density of the lighter contrasting yellow on the minature to aim for smaller use of it so the dark creates a greater visual draw in effect upon the yellow.
>Be sure to tidy up that free hand the best you can when your done.
>and if your feeling brave enough maybe even trying blending the yellow with diffrent shades.

Not surprising, to counter a genestealer list, you need volume of small arms fire, which is something alot of people neglect. Its the same principle as running conscript and gaunt spam but not as powerful.

But anything i can do with my genestealer army i can do better with most of my other ones.

Isn't there a very good chance that the new codex will drive up demand and make things harder to find? Or are GW good at keeping things in stock when they should? New player here too, also thinking of nids coincidentally enough.

My yellow actually looks pretty close to yours. My phone dulls the color apperently

Space marine numbers are fine. They're already the heroes of the entire damn setting, now imagine if they formed the rank and file as well. I think we're fine with less than a million space marines.

GW is pretty good at stocking their phyiscal stores and distributors.

The only instance where it becomes a problem is if its an old kit that they don't produce alot of, IE SoB and other old metal kits.