JoJo RPG

A friend of mine wants to run a game based in the JoJo universe and we're trying to figure out what system would be best.

Also, need a bit of help coming up with unique Stands and powers. We're doing the "Diamond is Unbreakable" thing of naming them after rock songs. So far we have:

>Don't Fear the Reaper: The User can choose one person within the Stand's range and make them utterly immune to harm and incapable of dying. However, the user cannot use this Stand's ability on themselves
>Owner of a Lonely Heart: The user becomes socially invisible. While they can clearly be seen by everyone, people cannot acknowledge their existence. This effect ends the minute the user interacts with anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs
docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monsters and other childish things.

Go on r/TabletopCrusaders. There's like 8 custom systems. Or find one of the old /sss/ generals.

>DiU thing
>ignoring Cream and Tenor Sax from part 3
>not acknowledging the Tarot/God names were just thematic until he ran out and went back to naming everything after music references

I'll admit I forgot those two, but the trend is generally associated with Diamond

Wushu.

You fucked up. The stand's name should have absolutely NO relation with it's powers

It varies from Stand to Stand. Some of them, like Echoes, make sense. A lot of the localized/dub names also end up being more descriptive of the stand itself, IE Zipper Man/Lil' Bomber.

But yeah, it's usually vague. Like I could make Over the Rainbow a stand that gives people rapid makeovers and have the only relation be the fact that it's a popular barbershop quartet song/fashion including a lot of colors like a rainbow.

I like the way you think user, now i want to do this

>zipper man
>lil' bomber
I bet you call D4C heinous and dastardly doings at a low discounted value

Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price, actually. Don't blame me, blame Eyes of Heaven.

Also, I figure I'll post a few stands I made up that you can be free to take.

>Invaders Must Die: A purple humanoid graffiti stand that must manifest on a mostly flat surface such as a wall. Can draw arrows on the ground, which, once gotten within a certain radius, create invisible walls in every direction except where the arrow is pointed. If pointed in a direction along a wall, the wall becomes capable of being walked on in that direction, so long as the target or user don't touch any invisible walls once up on said surface. Only affects living things, so possessed-object stands and things like bullets or thrown knives can bypass the inevitable maze of arrows the user will make.

>Bustin: The stand takes the form of a simple sign. The sign can have text or an image. Whatever is depicted on the sign cannot go past or even approach the sign, as it will be repelled by a powerful force. This force is strong enough to effortlessly shove someone through concrete if the user backs someone affected by the sign into a wall. However, it can only possess one trait or image on it at any time, so unless the user can tie everyone attacking them together with a single quality, they're vulnerable to a group attack.

>Discovery: This humanoid stand with a metronome motif creates an audible beat within 60 meters. Any action that is performed "on-beat" within the radius (meaning it both starts and ends on a beat) is recorded. One any beat afterwards, the user can replay any recorded action, causing the person in question to repeat the recorded action, even if they shouldn't physically be able to do so at the time, such as diving out of the way of an attack despite being prone, or punching despite their arm having been broken. Can create an infinite loop of actions.

Lemme know if you want more, I've got a bunch I'll never be using again.

The trend of naming stands after western music is a jojo trend, it starts at 4 but never stops. Before part 4 lot of characters were music references.

A lot of the details of how things work are explained in more detail in the later parts and I am guessing that you are an anime only fag so if you are going to gm a jojo rpg please read at least to the end of part 6.

>Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price
That was honestly the best possible localized name that they put in there and I on ironically use that to describe d4c.

This can't work. There are Jojos in every setting where stands exist. At that point you're just basically doing Coldsteel the Hedgeheg and Gohan Blanco.

Anons from the JoJo threads of past started a stand archive
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs

fpbp
came here to post this

docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/edit

This is the system I'm using for mine. It focuses on capturing the shifts in advantage in combat. I recommend you try and implement some sort of skill system on top for roleplay purposes.

For stand ideas -
>Knock on wood - Humanoid bug-like stand with 4 arms, allows the user to meld into wood and move near instantaneously inside it, other objects can be brought in as well and must leave with the user. Ambushes the party in a forest with a bow and jumps between trees via the roots.

>Anthrax - My BBEG's long range stand, any non-stand user it punches gets given an incurable disease called "Down with the Sickness" which itself is a stand that manifests as tendrils that tear through the user's skin. Anthrax can cause severe pain to the victims at will in order to make them do his bidding. Only way to get rid of the disease is to kill Anthrax's user. Attacks indirectly with DwtS

Inhumane Incidents Instigated Inexpensively

What about a stand that allows you to posses inanimate objects for a certain amount of time

I've found that it's actually fairly hard to model Jotaro, Hunter x Hunter and the more well-explained modern setting with broad supernatural abilities stuff.

As much as I hate to say it, probably GURPS with the Action series, Martial Arts, Psionic Powers and Powers.

Wrong. I once believed this until my eyes were opened to how deep a cut King Crimson is a reference to a music editing technique pioneered by the band.

Anima beyond fantasy is a good one for martial artsy campaigns. But be prepared for one hell of a learning curve.

Working on a pair that work as a team and I'm hoping you can help jazz them up.

The first is a「Cream」like monster that can emit a light that turns anything it shines upon into diamond. The second is basically「Justice」and is the one I think needs the most improvement.

here is full version