In my opinion the current sharding spec we have laid out is enough to get us to thousands of transactions per second

>in my opinion the current sharding spec we have laid out is enough to get us to thousands of transactions per second.
>it may be useful to expedite and focus on getting sharding out in the current spec we have to keep up with the demand on the network
Everything else is vaporware, this is the only one that matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

ethresear.ch/t/future-compatibility-for-sharding/386
youtu.be/Ja9D0kpksxw
discord.gg/x6xa8kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Forgot link:
ethresear.ch/t/future-compatibility-for-sharding/386

How much will my 100 ether be worth eoy 2018

You have 100 ether? Jesus. I'll be conservative and say 1 million.

normies will get into it as soon as btc fails, easily the safest bet of 2018

sharting xd

Nah. I have 80 ETH. There is no way I'm going to even be sniffing close to one mill. More like 350 - 450k. And that's if ETH keeps going. A year in crypto is decade in normal industries.

Yeah when they roll this shit out to testnet everyone in neo and cardano and stuff will jump ship i'm sure.

That's good because my Neo hedge with 1/5 fiat principal is currently more valuable than my eth.

don't call that just yet. If we get thousands of transactions per second the blockchain will actually be usable... Who knows how much it could grow then. No one thought BTC would get to 10k a year ago.

unfortunately neo is pretty much still vaporware. I can count the number of nodes it has on a single hand. That's not really a blockchain.

Nice FUD

I sold neo when I found out it's ran on windows machines.

ETH is king this is nothing new. If you haven't stockpiled before the next moon mission, there is nobody to be mad at but yourself. Will I make it with my 40 eth? I am in for the long haul

*cough* cardano *cough*

I heard cardano is set up by a known japan con man.

Well I'm not done yet. The game moved to trying to gain more BTC to now trying to gain more ETH. ICX 2.5X gains. All went to ETH.

Shitcoin BRD is going to moon soon. All to ETH. My dream is enough for staking.

Hoskinson isnt a con man, he is etheriums co-founder. The one that did all the leg-work and got ditched by vitalik.

youtu.be/Ja9D0kpksxw

etherium is too flawed to be a success

>etherium is too flawed to be a success
Right now but that's why they upgrading. If ETH or any other blockchain was a finished product we couldn't afford it. We get gains because this stuff is in alpha right now and the crypto community went around VCs and did ICOs.

from what i understand you will be able to stake any amount and still get dividends, unlike in mining where only few people get rewards and people are forced to join pools.

or just buy cardano now and expect upto 100x by the time staking is implemented in 2019

Eth is only good if your been hodling since 2015. Cant get much gains buying in now with how slow the price movement is.

From what I understand is that for each shard at any time there is only one person who can create a block. This person is randomly chosen and the higher amount you stake, the higher chance you have at being the block creator. Get more ETH, it will mean you make more ETH. We will probably still see pools formed around this, although hopefully not.

>upto 100x
eth can 100x in 2 years too.
judging by cardano's marketcap the early adoption phase is long over.

eth is dead kiddo read the speculation section theres some seriously fucked up insider news about eth bch and xrp
discord.gg/x6xa8kg

>etherium
lol
>cardano staking implemented 2019
15 bill for not even a blockchain... fuck me... ethereum will have staking by end of 2018.

yeah like what? I'm not joining your shitty discord.

where?

he's trying to shill his PnD group.

Charles is so great he did fuck all in his whole year in ETC save for trying to implement a rent-seeking mechanism in mining while his efforts were concentrated on Cardano. Oh yeah. Definitely the man you want to invest in.

Have you even read the Cardano whitepaper (pretentiously named philosophy paper or whatever the fuck)? They're all about bowing down to The Man because "regulations are good it lets us make money". Way to miss the point of trustlessness, which is: censorship resistance doesn't have to be antagonistic to government forces, but it guarantees fairness of the network.

So many of you even those bullish on ETH understand neither the significance of Ethereum nor the intelligence of Vitalik. It is truly Bitcoin 2.0 in that they've managed to absorb the higher view idealistic model of building excellent ideologically agnostic technology *and* managed to remove the veil of anonymity without putting themselves in danger, giving the public guidance from extremely talented minds. Satoshi Nakamoto did the right thing at the time, as the pioneer he was significantly exposed and had to normalise his ideas into the cultural zeitgeist. Now we're getting the promises of blockchain technology even if under a different name, with truly decentralized networks that, barring a catastrophic event, will reshape the internet and society in positive ways way beyond "lambo for early adopters".

Cardano, Eos, Neo, Rootstock on Bitcoin, current DAGs all have structural problems that seem irrelevant to non-experts despite having incredible importance. These other implementations are not worthless, but they fall short in potential of what Ethereum can aspire to be.

This is not to say cryptos with limited centralization and strong compliance will not experience financial success. Perhaps we'll see Cardano rises x5 next year while ETH stagnates. If you're trading for fiat gains, follow public sentiment.

But ten years from now, ETH might be as ubiquitous as the web.

>follow public sentiment.
i believe dumb money will eventually follow smart money into eth, it's probably the second biggest name after bitcoin already.

For sure. I try to accomodate doom and gloom scenarios for ETH, but realistically it's hard to imagine a 2018 year in which it doesn't raise in value, the only real question being by how much.

There are more gains to be gotten chasing weekly hype, but ETH should be anyone's savings account they put their profits back into.

Precisely this. Ethereum has yet to see the "normie" boom that bitcoin saw from oct-dec. I am certain of this