Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-farsetter-holds-game-1.html
orig00.deviantart.net/ad70/f/2015/209/2/c/all_loyalists_space_marine_chapters_by_djnnayt-d71ihc6.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i luv nurgle

Pretty hyped for Shadespire desu familia.
I really like the deckbuilding aspect. Magic and Warhammer in one game just seems nice.

I fear my gf is an agent of nurgle. Fucking ruins the house. Trash everywhere. Can't keep a sink or toilet clean. Had to hire a cleaner to expunge the place every week.

You know what would make it nicer? Squig hopper boss with grot netters and trappers.

what are some good game modes for 3 player ffa that isnt just deathmatch, tower of screaming death, or relic?

Whoa how much are those environments and are they still in print?

aelves soon?

inb4
>never

Chaos Dwarfs are best dwarfs

>Live in the shittest holds
>Lowest quality metal work
>Dirty, unkempt beards
>"Best"

>live surrounded by legions of slaves
>construct gigantic daemon-engine kraken
>dank Mesopotamian hats
>not relegated to an Allegiance-only ally faction
Yeah, the best. When Dispossessed or Flaming Midget Gimps or Cogfop McTophat manage to perfectly blend metal and daemon and fire into such majestic works of craftsmanship, then maybe they can count.

Your gf is a lazy slob. Drop that shit, because it sure as hell isn't going to get any better with age

Allegedly, next year. People are saying that the mistweaver and tenebrael shard are supposedly connected to the shadow elves Morathi made alliances with.

>Yeah, the best. When Dispossessed or Flaming Midget Gimps or Cogfop McTophat manage to perfectly blend metal and daemon and fire into such majestic works of craftsmanship, then maybe they can count.
You see, the sad thing is, you think that is a good thing, where as the reality is the others can make machines more functional without a daemon to make up for the shoddy engineering.

Savage

Alright, where's your gigantic sentient mecha-kraken, or anything of the equivalent?

Somewhere in the flying metropolis junk yard, filed under "shit ideas"

Chorfs: 1
Inferior Dwarfs: 0

I use the old Gift from the heavens battle plan, but the two 2'x2' on either side is used by player 3

its from some dnd or pathfinder third party thing for building castles and stuff. you clip them together with plastic clips from the same company. i cant remember what theyre called but afaik theyre still in production

thanks man. enjoy this rare studio pic from the messiahs lair

>Thinks that the machine is shoddy because it has a daemon in it

Do you logic? Daemon bound machinery is able to repair itself or any wounds sustained, as well as being far more durable and filled with far more power than a non daemon bound weapon. Chaos Dwarfs also forge shit for Khorne, and most of the Chaos Warriors. Most warlords would trade a thousand slaves for just one axe forged by them. In terms of tech, Chaos Dwarfs are anything BUT shoddy.

What are you working on /aosg/?

Has anyone tried putting a Stegadon on a smaller base? The 120mm seems to be slightly too large for a smaller monster like a stegadon.

>What are you working on /aosg/?
The courage to do it. Got it all lined up, the source for feathers and greatsword hats, the sources for gro-- err, duardin crew for war machines, the lists for 1k and 2k points as far as what other shit I can ally in to fill out the Great Companies support, and the prices all lined up. But fuck me, I already have some many projects on the backburner, and AoS is on life support where I live.

>Most warlords would trade a thousand slaves for just one axe forged by them
You see, when people buy goods from other Dwarfs, instead of slaves they offer them something actually valuable, like Gold.

working on my sick moves

>instead of slaves they offer them something actually valuable, like Gold.
Chorfs have all the gold they need. Slaves are required to keep the machines running and output going at full capacity. That's why Dwarfs are so slow at tech when compared to Chorfs

What's the best way to make a Bone Giant?
Nagash?

I was interested in starting a sylvaneth army bros but somebody told me that I also need to buy a shit load of terrain forest to use the army properly. I am on a kind of budget and not really going to play like every week so I thought it would be an expensive army for me. what is a cheap army that I can field at around 1-1.5k points and have fun?

like is there any army thats only one start collecting box + maybe another box of something would get me a good force to play small games?

get a regular giant and leave him in paint stripper for a reeeeaaal long time

>a thousand slaves for a single ax
>less valuable than a measly amount of gold
Nigga, what? You can't be that fucking stupid, can you? Even by today's price of slaves, that's $9,000 for an axe. And by historical prices of slaves, you're looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars. Compared a THOUSAND slaves, any offering of gold excepting a massive amount is paltry.

>wanting to play a wargame made by the most over-priced modeling company in the land
>is poor
Dude, just pick another hobby.

>Dude, just pick another hobby.

why is AoS general always negative like this compared to other generals?

This is honestly my issue with Sylvaneth, too. No other army requires you to have multiple $75 kits on top of the normal required army in order to function.

snuck my plastic men into the workshop and hung around after quittin time. Going to grind out some areas for the conversions. Let's get to work, boys!

Because you're talking about a game where models average around $6-20 a piece and are fielded in a hundred or more.

You don't really need hundreds of models for a small skirmish game or a game of 1k points. Stop being a shitlord.

You do if you're playing a horde army

So why would someone asking for a small/cheap army play a horde army? Holy shit how retarded are you?

Hundreds, no. But a hundred, quite likely at 1000 points. That or a smaller number of much more expensive kits. And skirmish is a literal joke of a format. People can't actually be so pathetic as to play that smeg, can they?

$62 for 3 Stormfiends or $75 for 30 handgunners, 300 points is still going to cost you.

>protectors

Good taste my nigga

> Slaves are required to keep the machines running and output going at full capacity.
Can't be all that good at automation if they need slaves to keep their industry running.
Guess those Daemon machines aren't as reliable after all huh?

>That's why Dwarfs are so slow at tech when compared to Chorfs
Did you forget that Order Dwarfs made floating cities, massive aircraft carries and weapons that use ammunition that is completely weightless until fired, all while having to hide, while the Chodes were allowed to work unpersecuted for thousands of years and the best they could come up with is a steam train that doesn't work without a Daemon?

>Nigga, what? You can't be that fucking stupid, can you?
Apparently you can. What use are slaves to a race that are either highly industrialised, or take extreme pride in personally working.

Slaves are worthless in Warhammer.

Forgot to quote as well

No, slaves are actually incredibly useful in warhammer. First, there's all that free labor. Second, there's the distillation of suffering and misery that Chorfs and daemons alike both take great pleasure in. Thirdly, there's limitless bodies and souls for sacrifice to those glorious daemon-engines. Slaves are worth far more than gold in Warhammer, simply because of the myriad uses compared to gold.

1k Slyvaneth army wouldn even come close to a hundred models for example.

>Flying cities! This means that slaves are useless!

It's mentioned time and time again how fucked KO are if they run out of Aether Gold, because then their cities go crashing into the Earth killing every one of them. It's why they are so crazy about getting it at all costs. Chorf's don't have to worry about that for one.

Okay? But whether you're paying $250 for 100 models or for 30, you're still paying $250.

>First, there's all that free labor.
While I understand it can be hard to tell the Chodes and Skaven apart (the smell doesn't help), real Dwarfs wouldn't be interested in free labour.
They will either happily do it themselves, and do it better than any man or dwarf before them, or make a reliable machine that uses mechanics instead of Daemons.

Chode forts probably have Daemons holding doors, and opening them on command because they haven't figured out hinges yet.

>I want a Dwarf Axe, I shall have to pay them with a ton of gold and valuable gems for the honour!

>I want a Chode axe. I will give them 2, maybe 3 dozen useless people for it.

>All this lack of knowledge of how Chorf Tech actually works

Holy fuck bro, at least just try to read up on their lore before spouting shit.

Oh, so you are retarded. Thanks for clearing that up, friend.

Says the person who think he KO have to worry about Aether gold actually running out.

They aren't crazy about it because they are trying to keep the city and fleets afloat, they are crazy about it because they are Dwarfs, and like all Dwarfs they are greedy shits that can never have enough.

Also, isn't the fact I am calling them Chodes proof enough this isn't exactly a serious lore discussion, and should require a bit of a tongue in cheek response?

Hey, if somebody was planning on doing a Age of Sigmar Quest What would be some interesting things for it to be about?

>shining the armor of Sigmar's finest, the Stormcast Eternals
>fetching food and drink for Sigmar's finest, the Stormcast Eternals
>staying in the town after its been reclaimed from Chaos by Sigmar's finest, the Stormcast Eternals
>allowing yourself to be executed for possibly corruption at the request of Sigmar's finest, the Stormcast Eternals
Any of these help?

get a deal box

>I..I will call him retarded, that means I win!

If you are that defensive over some jokes being made about your faction, you should take a step back and rethink your priorities slightly.

Don't even play Chorfs, but I've actually read fluff so I don't just wildly fling uneducated shit around and call it a thesis.

Damn nigga

So my bro and I started a 2 player narrative campaign using my own campaign system (it's pretty much the open war cards for a tree campaign, plus the GHB2017 for balance between games, and path to glory for the rewards tables.)

The story of it is I am playing my Dispossessed, who have left Azyr and are seeking to reclaim their ancestral holds they needed to abandon during the age of chaos. My bro is playing a destruction force, who is searching for da big'un, a great monster of gorkamorka, which they also think is in the same holds.

On our second game, we decided the battle should take place within the holds. One of the great halls. Our game is a few weeks away, but then I realized we had no terrain that could simulate the inside of a great duardin holds.

So about 2 nights and 8 bucks of cheap foamcore later, I whipped up the following.

It covers a 6'x4' area. I definitely went for a fast and cheap with this. They really aren't meant to last its all glued together with hotglue.

I am painting it all right now. Just a simple gray primer, dust with texture paint, then edge highlight with the light gray.

And this is an alternate way of setting up the pieces. Hopefully I can get a couple interesting games out of these that help encapsulate battle within the grand halls.

Pretty proud of all these. It was an exciting project, and with a little creativity, you can make some cool stuff, even with really cheap materials.

Despite the shitty quality of that last picture, I really dig the look of that. Looks absolutely amazing and perfectly captures that Moria feel.

Definitely going for moria there. Although I had plenty of other inspirations.

But ever since the grand alliance books dropped, I knew I had the backstory made up for my dispossessed, how they went to Azyr before sigmar closed the gates, and made a home there, helping to build up azyrheim. But the Forthammer Clan left Azyrheim after the gates opened, and began the long journey to reclaim the ancestral Farsetter Holds.

This campaign is the moment at hand.

I did write some fiction for the first game on my blog here
>bitsaddiction.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-farsetter-holds-game-1.html

After every game I will write more fiction to expand on the game's story.

can I build a good army with skavens from spire of dawn?

It's an excellent deal for a start. A start.

Skaven is a horde army. You will need a lot of models.

what about the elf side? I heard elves dont have good rules or new models in aos

that's some pretty epic stuff!

I'm buying the Barrow Lords start collecting this week, cuz skellies have been on my mind for a while. what should I look for next after this set, I was thinking of having a more elite type army , probably with some of those skeleton angel things and maybe a mortarch. and if I could find a decent price for them a large unit of spear skellies. also maybe the shadespire unit cuz those models are gorgeous. thoughts?

An elf player won a major GT recently. It's about the player. But those same skaven didn't get any new rules either.

>Skyre and Pestilens
Fuck off, berk.

Those elves are actually pretty great. They don't have any specific allegiances, but that just means you can freely meld with the rest of the high elf line without any drawback you wouldn't already face, while still having very solid units on their own right.

I will say that fucking 360° moonwalking along board edges is pretty fucking fun as wanderers

This is awesome. I love seeing stuff like this.

I am checking at the boxes and stuff and sigmarines actually have pretty sweet deals and I will not lie I dont like the lore but I think the models look sweet.

I am bored that almost everyone I saw at the local store has the same looking miniatures tho. post any different/cool looking color scheme for sigmarines plz.

Silver/iron armor looks awesome on them

Porcelain dolls or streaked marble.

dull iron with a glow coming from within, like their recently reforged bodies are so hot they are making the the armor nearest to their skin glow

pics guys

I would suggest 3x Spire of Dawn boxes if you can get a hold of them.

This gives you 30 elf seaguard, 30 swordmasters but most importantly 15 reavers which gives you three sets of five which are excellent battleline tax in any high elf army.

Having the option of maxing out the swordmaster unit is also great.

In addition running 1, 2 or 3 high wardens can be very fun and thematic if you choose to expand into swifthawk agents.

More pragmatically the 3 loremasters/battlemages are fantastic for order armies in general.
For skaven you get a whopping 120 clanrats from 3x Spire of dawn and crucially a brick of 40x Spear rats. I would suggest converting the 60x handweapon rats from the box unless you want some handweapon rats for skirmish/mordheim or something but it's quite easy to use a pin vise (hand drill) after clipping the hand weapon off and inserting a rod (an extra large paperclip works) to make spears.

You also get a load of weapon teams (kind of like your DPS that you hide in clanrat units) the warpflame throwers are really good, the poison wind mortars less good but you can field some good skryre formations with them being mandatory.

The 3x Warlords are overkill, you rarely need one, but you can convert them into BSB's or other things, or weapon swap them. They're a really nice sculpt and can be fun for path to glory.

The 3x Warlock Engineers are fantastic, clan skryre needs 2-5 of these guys for warscroll batallions and I love running 1, they have a particularly powerful spell which can be overcharged to give you a chance at d6 mortal wounds. Love these guys.

Rat Ogors are fine, six of them is whatever, like basically if you want clanrats spire of dawn costs you as much as the clanrats and one engineer so all the packmasters are free, the ogors are free, the warlords are free, the weapon teams are free, and every single elf unit is free.

Spire Dawn is incredible

any space marine scheme works on them, so if you have a favourite chapter try painting the stormcast like them

they look really good in flat colours instead of dumb metallics all over the place with no contrast

pic related is (not) deathwatch dark angels (dark green with bright green highlights a la normal dark angels also looks fantastic)

Same head!
Look at the one to the far right

I remember your rough tree-campaign system you thought up, looks cool for the terrain

for bonus cheap terrainpainting, try basecoating with house paint

maybe go to the dollar store to pickup wire-cooling-racks for baking cookies, so even if the housepaint goes on a bit thick it won't stick to the wire cooling rack

also, sponge lighter greys on the large flat areas to add texture and depth

honestly even the default color scheme of gold and blue is fine as long as you don't make it obnoxiously fucking shiny. Just mute the colors and it looks great.

anything with a main red color? something that would resemble roman legions?

That's yellow

Fuck my ass, those look amazing. Almost tricks me into liking Smegmarines.

I have my own scheme, but it's not complete

the beast looks vicious AF

it's deathwing man, ushabti bone, sepia wash, restablish ushabti, edge highlight with screaming skull

if you had reading comprehension you'd notice where I said the traditional caliban green + nuln + bright green edge highlight also looks good

40k World Eaters (not heresey) or Blood Angels.

Red + Gold, your spot colour is green and black.

>unkept beards

You take that back you cowardly grot. Our gods and brethren turned our backs on us, all we had was our glorious hats, magnificent curling techniques and Hashut.

there's a space marine chapter using these colours, not the howling griffons because those colours are quartered, but something uses these colours but with two-tone scheme like this

>Each expansion box for Shadespire contains a different Katophrane Relic card
>Played individually these have no bonus, played in multiples provides cumulative benefits (see pic)
>Lower tiers are re-rolls
>Final benefit is gain 4 victory points

I don't know what I was expecting.

Bam

Anyways, any of these schemes work nicely
orig00.deviantart.net/ad70/f/2015/209/2/c/all_loyalists_space_marine_chapters_by_djnnayt-d71ihc6.jpg

They're mostly simplified colour theory

That's pretty cool, but unless you're playing skeletons and spending all your glory buffing up some chump expect the other warband to gang-fuck your katophrane guy to death

I was getting more at the fact it seems inherently overpowered, and dare I say - p2w, but desu I'm not sure if it's going to require some Exodia-tier shenanigans to actually pull off the full Katophrane play. That could be okay.

ok well, since each card is unique and can only be included in your deck once that means only 6 of your 20 cards can be these katophranes (assuming there's only six to equip)

which means you're not likely to necessarily draw them all

you still need to gain glory to equip them

the fighter can die losing you the cards

(don't know how this works with skeletons raising the dead)

given that ploy cards are more powerful than equipment and only half your deck can be ploy cards you should only run 10 ploy cards and 10 equipment which leaves 4 equipment that isn't katophrane (again making a dangerous assumption that there won't be a shitload of katophrane stuff) which means your glory is almost worthless until you get 2/3 and even then it all stacks on one guy who could be targeted down

do you guys know where I can order a mini holder? I need one of these stuff for painting.

Ugh why does GW give good rules to shit old legacy models. Do they actually want people to play them or something?

is it still feasible to play sigmarines now? last year literally everyone was playing sigmarines. how are they with the new rule book?