Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What kinds of magical items do you like to include in your campaigns?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/vicious-stomp-combat
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Items that avoid numerical bonuses but have other interesting effects. Flying carpets, goggles of true sight, puzzle boxes of summoning.

Why are we making threads on page 2-4 nowadays?
Even the Starfinder guys made their thread BEFORE the bump limit.

Is it okay to make page 1-4 threads now?

No, we've just given up fighting the tards that do it

I'm still kinda new to tabletop and getting used to juggling papers, and i've picked up a Half Elf Brawler for a Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign, which I know is a premade adventure but so far looks kinda interesting.

I'm sadly not face material, but it can be a bit hard trying to urge the party forward since I got 0 diplomacy, but a lot of intimidate and sense motive potential.

Currently level 7, thinking of picking up Pumelling style and building into a trip/dirty trick/Intimidation build, which I think can work with the whole Martial Flexibility

Anyone have any tips regarding how to be useful to the party (who's unfortunately really passive) during low combat sections? I don't really wanna be op or munchkin or anything, but I want to be as effective as can be

One of my players made a homebrew fey race. He set up his character as owner of a tavern (deep in debt, hence his need to adventure), with said tavern built on a ley line. Now, as my current arc wraps up, I've begun to introduce a "corruption" that is seeping along the ley lines. I want to have this manifest as powerful fey creatures that once guarded sites at the intersection of these lines, being corrupted by the negative energy. But the thing is, I can't find any templates that quite fit that. Would the corrupted template from 3.5 book of vile darkness work? Any ideas for how I should handle this? Should I use heroes of horror corruption rules? Is there something simialr in the Horror Adventures guide? Any ideas for how to make this cool, would be great.

pummeling style is an excellent style to have, but remember with the Brawler your martial flexibility can potentially let you jump into ANY of the style feats at any time!

You should focus on your CMB flexibility and remember to utilize lots of styles, a particular style like wolf style might be more effective for a situation than pummeling style's generalist damage would be!

Well, if your party is passive, sounds like you have the perfect opportunity to deliver some rousing speeches to drive them to action.

My favorite item I ever gave my players was an intelligent bone lute named Trejo. It had powerful necromantic abilities and was extremely loyal to whoever wielded it, but it had no sense of right or wrong besides "help master" and "hurt not-master." The bard kept it until the end despite the amount of trouble it got them into.

Why are we in a gameless abyss
Where have all the GMs gone

We ran off everyone who was willing to GM.

He's a single father who's more used to RIP AND TEAR than anything. He's also paranoid, and investigates any weird clues available.

If the party's being passive, and nobody is willing to do politicking, he's usually the one to speak up and go 'I know for a fact that's bullshit'.

I will say though, it's hype as hell to do a MF into Greater trip into a roll of 41, followed by the Greater trip AoO for a curb stomp

There were also bamboozles a plenty.

The constant hatred and salt has driven off anyone who could run a game.

What are the most fun pathfinder classes, considering the ratio of Fun compared to the amount of paperwork needing to be managed?

Path of war stuff basically, its simple compared to spells but a lot of fun to use

What difference does it make?

I'm still not sure whether that was part of a concerted effort to end the app circuses, or just one prank that went too far.

Nah, they've all just made their games and got their players and we've had no fresh blood.

I'm fairly certain it was one person pranking us repeatedly

Which I mean, well played

I run games but don't want to recruit from here because I get the impression /pfg/ is full of munchkins and people who jack off under the table.

its actually not shockingly

The prevalence of both is overstated, mostly because they're very vocal compared to the rest. You can always just not pick those assholes you know.

Path of War Discipline Errata WHEN?

That and word is most of the NEETs have become gainfully employed, while the students are going through exams.

So nobody really has free time anymore.

Magical instruments with stories behind them.

Never. We got SoM sooner than that shit!

It was so obvious, though.

it got pretty obvious after the 1st.

it will come out concurrently with half life 3

All the people who were any good at making characters all got into games and now have their own networks of decent playres, so they don't need to draft from here anymore.

Just got out of the Emergency Room because of yellowjacket stings.

Anyone come up with fun SoM builds yet?

DOn't forget about vicious stomp if you want to sneak in an extra AoO
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/vicious-stomp-combat

>All the people who were any good at making characters all got into games and now have their own networks of decent players
Yeah right. Are you gonna claim TSS wasn't a bamboozle too?

Rory dindu nuffin

Sunday I ran my first session, and the party accumulated several strange items. I wanna make them interesting and magical without making them just stat things. Any wacky for...
A small bright blue potion
A large three eyed skull of an unrecognized creature
A small jade idol of a wolf with the head of a beetle (the head is separate from the body on account of PC tomfoolery)
A blue hat plundered from a murdered merchant
Pic semi related, it's the party and environs at present.

*any wacky ideas for

>d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/vicious-stomp-combat

>Trip into Attack of Opportunity into AoO from Vicious stomp into stomping them when they try to get up
>Throw in a flurry of blows when it comes back to my turn to trip them again

I think my DM will soon get sick of such abuse, but the idea is too tempting to pass up.

Any way to use trip on larger enemies?

Take a half caster, give it a martial tradition, trade feats for Adept Progression, you're now in high tier 3

:^)

If the best choices for my game looked anything like NotR I'd give up on running games, too.

Ignoring this build, because only villains choose this build

be larger

Have you tried not being Tuvarkz and literally shitting up the thread with 'I WANT LADYKNIGHTS'

When people say "half caster", do they mean 2/3 or 4/9?

2/3

Only villains, you say?

Will this build help me catch a good guy, like a real superhero?

To be fair, most of the best choices for NotR turned the game down because Tuv was running it.

Like who?

Leofrick, Frederick, Seraphina and Cyrielle

Slow.

Slow pls go.

>Nearly all of them are at least solid T4 already, which is fine with me. Striker and Blacksmith break into T3 easy. Not sure on the status of Conscript though, since it far too modular to decide. Both Scholar and Technician can break into T3 if you abuse thier action economy abilities

From last thread, but what makes a Striker Tier 3?

Reposting from last thread:

Hypothetically, how would you play a non-gestalt character that uses as many of the following as possible while still being reasonably effective:
Psionics, Path of War, Spheres of Might, Spheres of Power

Aegis.

Exchange feats for Martial Praction.
Initiator Souls
Power Stone Repository
Psionics, Initiation, SoM.

You can take SoP feats to get SoP casting.

It triggers people's autism when it's not started on the last post of page 10, when in all honesty a thread should be started at bump limit.

For those who are curious about how adept progression is going now:

>According to our errata document that would be-

Pg. 10 (9): Change the Adept progression exchanged feats to 1, 3, 5, 9, 11, 13, 17, 19.

I'm the type who likes to do a funny voice. I basically ripped off minsc for a barbarian for years, and managed a lowborn cockney accent for a goblin rogue for a few more.

Now I'm doing a selfish, chaotic neutral barbarian with draconic flavor and a breath weapon. I have no idea what to do for a voice. I do a mean russian impression, which would be appropriate for an ice spewing dragon type, but it's played out now.

Any ideas?

Sound flamboyantly gay.

Newfie.

Don't forget Akasha with the customizations.

that would take a lot of fuckin study. But I could.

>TFW he thinks that lewdsters like Slow and Sappy are good choices

Who were the good choices then?

well on the bright side this means there's still hope for anybody trying to start a game! Players are probably still looking for GMs! You can do it!

Most of the Sphere classes fall into the Tier 4 to 3 bracket. Striker doesn't seem very Tier 3 to me. Apart from having Expert progression (Sentinel, Blacksmith, and Conscript both have this as well) and making Unarmed fairly competent, there's nothing (apart from Dill Knuckle allowing for DR/Hardness ignoring shenanigans) in the class itself that makes me say "this is Tier 3."

Contrast with the Scholar and Technician, which while not as combatively-gifted still have relatively good out-of-combat and in-combat utility with Material Impositions and Knacks + Inventions and Insights, respectively.

Spheres of Might Errata when?

Is there any class that I could play, pretending I was another class such that I could theoretically fool my party members? I'm thinking something like a PoW class that I just say is a fighter.

Ideally, I'd be witholding some ability or class feature until the dramatic moment for a "power up"

Kineticist posing as Evocation or elemental school wizard

>lewdsters
That isn't even the problem. The problem is that they're the most incorrigible shitposters to emerge from this whole mess of namefags and Roll20 circuses.

They're in the same boat as Rory and Vult.

Scholar is low tier 3 at best.
AT BEST.

And if I wanted to be stabbing people (demons) with a sword?

>MUH RORY AND VULT
Look in a god damn mirror

Occultist posing as a scholarly Paladin. Your implements are the holy relics of your order. Your psychic magic is honed from your rigorous recitation of hymns. You've got encyclopedic knowledge of demons and spooky stuff.

Could I be a Paladin posing as an occultist?

A Paladin that studies artifacts. Divine Grace is your training kicking in and ensuring you aren't gibbed. Smite is identifying how an enemy uses their equipment and abusing that to get good shots in. Lay On Hands and Mercies are special medkits.

You fuck up the moment you use kinetic blast because no verbal/somatics and inability to detect magic.

>No verbal/somatics
>gather power

do the DBZ thing and just YELL AND POSE while gathering power so you can blast.

>inability to detect magic

Congenital birth defect.

I mean Occultists as a class don't exist as a an In Universe concept like Wizard, Cleric, or Paladin does.

>The problem is that they're the most incorrigible shitposters to emerge from this whole mess of namefags and Roll20 circuses.
As somebody who has actually played and interacted with Slow I can only assume you're a witch hunter trying to stir the pot or retarded.

Protip: When your group tells you they're not in the thread, and everyone says no, someone's lying.

Verbal Componets/Somatic components aren't just yelling/posing. Somatic components are super articulate/complex movements and hand signs. Not just straighting your muscles. Verbal components is super articulate chanting. That's why barbarians can't cast while raging.
>Congenital birth defect.
Good thing being a Wizard has shit all to do with your genetics.

Protip: you might want to do a little editing before shitposting

Fine, Kineticist posing as Blaster Sorcerer.

>Backing up wild speculation with more wild speculation
Fuck off witch hunter-kun. Nobody cares that you hate celebs.

Not to mention inability to read magic. Cast cantrips. Learn from a spellbook. Attract a familiar Use Magical devices made for wizards. All pretty much mean only the stupidest fucking peasants would think you're a wizard.

Sorcerer runs into just as many problems as Wizard in the Verbal Somatic department, but people do canonically confuse Kineticists for sorcerers in the (poorly written) fiction.

>I can only get hard by hating on people more popular and successful than me

Witch Hunter-kun, please drink bleach. I know dying is scary, but it's like ripping off a bandaid. Just get it over with quickly, and everything will be better.

This is stupid for loads of a fucking reasons. Very few classes in the game exist as in Universe Concepts. A fighter and Warder could both be knights, mercenaries, or soldiers.

The closest you can get is False Priest Sorcerer.

t. butthurt user who never got the daddy dickies he wanted so bad

They're not wrong.

Slow's part of both Rory and Vult's branch cabals.

>tfw no daddy dickies in your cummy tummy

>He thinks samefagging with more outlandish claims will work

Off yourselves, please. Witch hunter is a huge fag that needs to join you, but for very different reasons.

Okay this is just getting sad now, witch hunter-kun.

Those in the know can confirm.

Why am I not surprised.

So weird question.

If summoners had the ability to turn willing creatures into new eidolons, how would that affect them? Only one eidolon active at a time of course.

What kind of willing creatures? Outsiders only?

Anything within reason.