Scarred Lands General

Scarred Lands was a D20 campaign setting published by White Wolf under their Sword & Sorcery print, alongside things like Ravenloft 3rd edition and Gamma World D20. It was a post-apocalyptic setting with a Greco-Roman theme, devastated by a war between the gods and their Titan progenitors, leaving mangled, not-dead-yet-not-alive divinities incarcerated in various places all over the world.

Seriously, does anybody remember this setting? If you do, anyone know what sourcebooks had rules for actually playing in this setting? I'm sure there was one or two books covering the setting's specific take on dwarves and elves, at the least.

Other urls found in this thread:

index.rpg.net/display-search.phtml?key=background&value=Scarred+Lands
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Some of the setting's highlights include:
* Cursed elves who slew a god of disease at the cost of rendering themselves a dying race.
* Evil dwarves who worship the god of war and conquest.
* Jungle-dwelling, druidic gnomes.
* Fireproof horse-men who tattoo themselves with molten metal and seek to live lives of battle and conquest.
* Half-spider goblins with eight eyes and four arms.
* Non-evil gnolls.

It's a setting I've recently started to be interested in. I got Relics & Rituals and Divine & Defeated. Is there a core book for the setting or any others you'd recommend?

I actually don't know myself. I know there were lots of sourcebooks - I've got two "Campaign Settings" that examine the continents of Ghelspad and Termana, and the latter has a separate Gazetteer which is slightly more crunch-focused (new PC races; Charduni Dwarves, Forsaken Elves, Jungle Gnomes, Gnolls and Terali, for starters), but as for a corebook... your guess is as good as mine.

Isn't there a newish edition coming out?

I remember using things from the relics and rituals book in my regular D&D games, and liking the gods vs Titans setup. I also read bits of the setting books (was there a hollowfaust one?) but never got into it more than that.
Also, this is clearly a shill thread for the new edition coming.

Also, magic generates heat so wizards go around half-naked.

Yeah, in fact; Onyx Path Publishing took up the license, and they've just released Print to Order copies of their 5e and Pathfinder versions of a Player's Guide and a conversion of "The Wise and the Wicked" (notable heroes and villains of the setting).

Looks like they've decided to push the Titanspawn into a more neutral direction; they've set up "the Redeemed " as a collective of Titanspawn races who've chosen to assimilate into godspawn society - Asaatthi, Sutaks, Manticora, Slitherin and Hollow Legionnaires.

Yes, this is the setting that "Hollowfaust, City of Necromancers", a non-evil city run by necromancers and using undead manual labor to handle everything, belongs to.

God, this typography really aged incredibly badly.

Anyway, I really liked a lot of the material but Christ if the main setting hardback wasn't sleep-inducing. I remember the monster books being badly balanced too but then what 3E material wasn't? The fucked-up Mardi Gras guys and the city built under a huge mithril golem were cool.

There was a Ghelspad Gazetteer as well; IIRC they were essentially short summaries of the continents as opposed to the big setting guides, and they contained the large color maps, which the hardbacks didn't have.

There was no "corebook", since it was a 3e setting; instead there were setting books, monster books, modules and so on. Honestly I think the setting itself was originally created as a framework for WW's monster manual for 3e, the Creature Collection. (This first came out before the official 3e Monster Manual -- deliberately because WW wanted to make bank on being the first to market -- which was why numerous stats and things were fucked up and they ended up rereleasing a revised edition.)

Here's a product listing in case you couldn't figure out how to google it yourself: index.rpg.net/display-search.phtml?key=background&value=Scarred+Lands

>Ghelspad Gazetteer
That's right, I remember hearing of it - anyone got a copy? I'd normally ask on the PDF Share thread, but that seems to be down or dead or something.

Sorry, no. I have a physical copy, but it's boxed up in the attic with the rest of my 3E books.

Here you go (Space of Sending).
Anything else you need?
/file/n1fh6n

>/file/n1fh6n
The DM's Screen Companion, which had two adventures and some racial crunch would also be nice if you cn get it, but thank you so much for this.

>Also, magic generates heat so wizards go around half-naked.

Delicious justification!

/file/9zyzs8

Many thanks. Hmm... wish I knew what the protocol would be for adding articles on forsaken elves or charduni dwarves to 1d4chan...

So, what do Scarred Land fans think of the relaunched edition adding the Redeemed - Titanspawn who have chosen to make peace with the Godspawn - to the setting?

Hmm, from your list, I think I'm missing the Penumbral Pentagon. Could I get the link, please?

...The link in that post leads to ONE file from the accompanying picture list, the Ghelspad Gazetteer. If it was a link to all the files in that list, I wouldn't need to ask, now would I?

Wow, what an original world map.

It's really weird that the Forsaken Elves and the Charduni Dwarves were apparently so interesting that they got their own dedicated splatbook.

Mind you, I never got why Forsaken Elves would go to the trouble of kidnapping humans as breeding slaves to see if their hybrid progeny would be free of the curse and then, when they found out that it worked, proceed to treat their half-human kids like shit.

Anyone got a copy of The Divine & The Defeated? I just realized that's also missing from my collection.

Sure thing.
/filegroup/i3AqTbMrP1eFzpBWzYsMrg

>Ganjus
dude

You think that's bad? There's a forest on Termana named Tokewood.

>/filegroup/i3AqTbMrP1eFzpBWzYsMrg
Many thanks! I'm so glad I grabbed these at last - what a shame no user seems to have heard of this setting.

Hey, that's the map from Pathfinder!

I don't suppose anyone has a good-sized pic of the Charduni Dwarf female from the DM's Companion?

Not doubting you, user, but I'd love a citation for that. For reference purposes, of course.

>Not doubting you, user, but I'd love a citation for that. For reference purposes, of course.

Relics and Rituals, p. 26, sidebar "Heat and Arcane Spells". I'm going to track down the PDF and show you a picture.

Much appreciated!

I don't know if WW are brilliant, 'classy', or just absolute madmen for printing an actual rule to justify under-dressed sorceresses, but either way, you kind of have to admire the balls it takes to do it.
Many thanks, user.

I've always loved the "dwarves in trunks and cloaks" bit.

I think it had some good monsters. Please post some of the best people!

I used a Dark Womb as a BBEG in a campaign once. She took over a goblin tribe and then used them to spawn more and take over a dwarven hold. Dwarves fighting womb-spawned clones of friends was neat.

I borrowed heavily in the monster and feeling of it (along a fuckton of other parts of FF universe, hiboria, dark suns and of course tolkien and Miyasaki),I feel in would have shined better in another system like BRP where there isn't levels, but that's my hate for the awful way d20/DnD handles it.

Bumping.

Either my Googlefu has failed me utterly or getting access to pdfs of the Scarred Lands is near impossible. I just want to read up on the Sutaks and civilized gnolls so I scan steal whatever neat stuff they have for my own world.

This is pretty neat, can someone post the full entry?

sorry I'm retarded, how does that link work?

sendspace.com/ whatever

It also is only for the Ghelspad gazeter instead of all the goodies he teased us with, the fucker.

Dare you enter WW's magical realm?

In the new edition this is no longer canon.
Now there are uncountable banes of Mesos (negative side effects), you can just make one up for your character but the 3 most common are

The bane of heat which makes strength and dexterity checks harder because of heat exhaustion.

The bane of lightning, you gain resistance against electrical attacks but strength and constitution checks are harder.

And the bane of luminescence, this makes stealth harder or outright impossible because you give off light.

Bruh, if you think that's Magical Realm-y, do yourself a favour and don't read the Shelzar sourcebook.

Doesn't White Wolf have an entire clan of Italian incest-vampires whose whole gimmick is that they're all related and they all fuck each other basically non-stop?

If light nudity is WW's magical realm then I have to say that seems shockingly tame.

>Perforated Plains
come the fuck on

>Perforated Plains
The land where old aircraft go to die.

As one of the contributors and also a named NPC, I can say that if I had had a chance to change things, I'd certainly keep the forsaken elves forsaken. Instead they would be reliant on formation of a Gnoll Empire led by their newest chieftian to combat the Charduni incursion on Termana. While at the same time, a portion of the Forsaken elves did indeed take part in a mass true ritual which created the Bloodless and thus the Bloodless Elves are born.

I would have also had Mesos reconstitute himself but not at the expense of Hedrad's daughter. Instead they would be bitter rivals, wizardry versus sorcery.

The drendali god, Nalthalos, would gain back his full demi-god hood and also become the patron of constructs.

The Slarcians would still remain a threat but not be an unstoppable threat.

Finally, the Calastian Hegmony would be fractured by the death of King Virduk, leading to a state of war between supporters of Queen Geleeda and Duke Travik. With the War Wizards (and Anteas) being a neutral faction.

In case you're curious, Bla'yne Nightfall is in Shelzar, and thus is me.

>Bla'yne Nightfall
Holy shit that is the single dumbest name I've ever seen. Why is there an apostrophe? Is it a glottal stop? Is it a contraction? How is it pronounced? Bla-ʔeeneh? Bla-ʔünə? Is is just Blaine with stupid Fantasy misspellings and meaningless apostrophes?

Jesus fucking christ

I did ask for requests, don't have a lot of time to be uploading. :/
What do you need?

Everything! but seriously mostly anything on the sutak and gnolls.

Far as I know, the only info on Gnolls is in the Campaign Setting/Gazetteers for Termana, whilst Sutaks are restricted to their appearance in the Creature Collection 2.

>

Here's my response: Fuck you.

Than i'll take whatever of the setting or gazetteers has the most info on them.

Okay fine, go fuck yourself with a stick covered in honey and fire ants.

Not even the dude that made fun of your edgelord name, just laffing at someone getting pissy because someone made fun of the name
>Bla'yne Nightfall

In my book all you anons are deserving of thrown bodily into dumpster fire, close the lid, and buried in a toxic land fill they call New Jersey.

Also if you want edgelords, I'm hardly one. I just wrote some of this. You don't like it? Fuck you then.

lmao why are you so mad though

You are a very calm individual, user, but I still think you might want to have a cup of tea and take a deep breath.

>Campaign Setting/Gazetteers for Termana
>Creature Collection 2
/filegroup/8xpi4CxMbqqhRiarFdHs4locvJaS53Hz

Sounds like he struck a nerve. Don't worry, I'm sure a lot of people had edgy teen phases.

>setting or gazetteers
See above link and Also /file/lgrygr

You're digging a very deep hole with no corners to brood in.

Because I offered insight in a setting I poured my heart and soul into and some asswipe decides he's the best judge of something. Which is pretty stupid.

I'm sorry but when you've spent more than 20 hours writing for this, I'd like YOU to be calm when someone decides "you're shit."

Also Fuck you.

You might just want to take a break from posting, Bla'yne. I have a lot of these, and I enjoy shitposting at thin-skinned faggots.

Sorry buddy but your writing is shit. Also 20 hours isn't actually very much (at least if you're not an angsty teenager who's never worked on anything).

Tell me more about Bla'yne Nightfall. Did he wield two katanas, Lhy'ht and Dh'ark? Were his parents a goddess of light and the lord of demons?

You really want to nuclear? Cause I can shitpost WAY better than this. You fucking donkey cunt... I've barely gotten started.

Fuck you then!

No. He was just smarter than the fucking lot of you.

Since you cunts are so better than me...

Allow me to show you a new level of hell:

Thou pribbling clay-brained pumpion!

You're such a special boy, you deserve a special one. Here's my treat to you, my sweet Bla'yne boy.

I bet he was incredibly misunderstood as well. What a curses to bear.

Thou paunchy crook-pated bum-bailey!

Thou clouted pottle-deep scut!

Thank you. Now to plunder stuff.

If you really are that dude, I recommend walking away and just ignoring the prattlings of a bunch of people prone to being asshats. If you're just a troll using the name to false flag the dude as a thin skinned individual, kindly fuckoff and stop derailing the thread.

Thou fawning fly-bitten mumble-news!

Thou whoreson impudent embossed rascal!

Thou clay-brained guts, thou knotty-pated fool, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow-catch!

Ha, it's real.

Show your sheep-biting face, and be hanged an hour!

Good use of a Shakespearean insult generator.
>4ft 8in
HAHAHAHAHA. MANLET DETECTED. That's why he so mad.

>
Damn right it's real, thou fusty pottle-deep giglet!

Yes. And he went to magic school with his magic friends and he was the chosen one in the prophecy. But before you call him a Mary Sue he DID have a flaw, that his rugged good looks made him irresistable to women.
(Obviously I'm not him)

If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Thou mewling dizzy-eyed skainsmate!

Thou dissembling half-faced pumpion!

>Pictographic memory

What is it with autists and wanting their characters to have photographic memory?

Thou lumpish fat-kidneyed measle!

Are you trying to pull a "jokes on you I'm only pretending to be retarded" thing? I can't tell

Eat sheepdip, thou spleeny rough-hewn fustilarian!

>rugged
I think you'll find he has a comely face, not quite beautiful but open and friendly.

I scorn you, scurvy companion. What, you poor, base, rascally, cheating, lack-linen mate! Away, you moldy rogue, away!

Thy food is such as hath been belch'd upon by infected lungs.

Thou puking ill-breeding flirt-gill!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT every word of that is just amazing, it's literally the most 14 year old thing I've ever read. it's art

I think we're definitely being rused. Solid 7/10 rusing nightfall

Thou gorbellied unwash'd barnacle!

How is it I had forgotten this beautiful meme? Quite the giggle.