Warhammer 40,000 General/ 40kg/

Ulthwe gets wraithboned again edition.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/
>it's fucking nothing.

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit#gid=1771731034

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/the-grand-tournament-heat-1-the-roundup/
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Prince-Yriel
i.imgur.com/Zmx3YMD.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Human > Xenos

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/the-grand-tournament-heat-1-the-roundup/

winner was Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics with Tactical Squad Ultramarines:

>Lord of War: Roboute Guilliman
>HQ: Tigurius
>HQ: Space Marine Captain with Teeth of Terra (relic)
>Troops: 6 Tactical Squads (lascannon in each squad. Sergeants carrying chainsword and bolt pistol)
>Dedicated Transport: 6 Razorbacks (Twin assault cannons)
>Flyer: Stormraven Gunship (lascannon, multi-meltas, hurricane bolters)

Three flawless victories
Tabled triple Baneblade army on turn 4
Annihilated conscript spam

Guardfags on suicide watch

that's not much of a shock

you mean 'le IG are le OP le new Tau of le new edition'fags on suicide watch

5 asscan razorbacks w hunter-killer missiles.
Updated for accuracy.

>winner was Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics with Tactical Squad Ultramarines:

Gladius still top tier I see.

You mean retards screaming guard op are on suicid watch?

While SoB master race is slowly taking ground. They are so good that GW activily avoided showing them on the streams

They didnt show them because they don't sell Repressors... Put that on the list of things GW insists don't exist alongside FW and third party bits.

Maybe in level of deliciousness. Taus are too stringy and orks are too though. Humans taste just right. Especially if they're one of the ones that have been locked up in a hive world doing nothing but 'breeding' all their lives.

So, reroll ones like every generic Commander gets?

These cookie cutter/copy paste rules have got to stop...some variation would be nice.

Tau never won tournaments, people just hated them.

Yeah. I don't think any guard player gives two fucks if they don't place top 3 in some tourney. We haven't given a fuck the past few editions. Why start now? It's honestly the "GUARD R BROKEN AS FUK JUST ADMIT IT" fags that are fucking cancer and this tournament just dickslapped them into the stratosphere. Competitive but not overpowered? RREEEEEE!!!

>These cookie cutter/copy paste rules have got to stop...some variation would be nice.

The cracks in 8th edition are starting to show. They can't be ignored or handwaved away forever.

>guard are OP, they'll win everything
Although "3 baneblades and whatever was shoved in the firin deck" guy has a turbo faggot army.

>So, reroll ones like every generic Commander gets?
Could be Reroll 1s To Wound, or even (doubtful) +1 To Wound

True, that's why everyone ran lists like this back in the day.

It's re-roll 1s already, so it should be something else.

I think it's brilliant that most leaders do the same thing, no matter which army. Saves a lot of time having to explain what every single thing does like in 7th edition, just because of the obnoxious 'Muh Snoflake'

The thing about snowflakes is : if there are a lot of them, it just looks like a bland, white, shapeless mass.

How do you beat this list?

>riptides

stop posting that, I'm getting flashbacks

>How do you beat this list?
Did the Marine player go against the Chaos list with Magnus / Knight / Alphabet Chicken and a ton of Brimstones?

magnus and get first turn

That's because people said they played Eldar, had a farseer on bike, a wriathknight and some scatbikes, and then spammed the Riptide wing formation with the remaining points.

So you start by saying it saves time not having to explain rules because everything is bland with the same rules but then try to say characters having unique rules is a bland mess????

Am I getting worked?

Anons it’s my birthday!

What should I get? I want to start Word Bearers and/or Khorne Daemons. I’ve got a color scheme in mind for the daemons, but not one for the Word Bearers. I like the colors of the ones in the codex but I don’t know how to make them look like that.

Is this a bad sign for the Craftworlds Codex?

>These cookie cutter/copy paste rules have got to stop...some variation would be nice.
You mean like USRs from previous editions? OH wait

Army that does not exist, kept winning.

>better not show them!
>fuck consumers wanting something else beside marines!

NuGW is showing their true colours

>You mean like USRs from previous editions? OH wait
I liked USRs...

Anyone gonna get some made to order eldar? Those Autarchs look mighty tempting, not to mention a bonesinger...

Yes. If you didn't sell your Wraightknights and scatbikes yet you better do it right now.

yeah

USRs would be far, far better than what we've been getting, which is the same rule under a different name over and over, making it difficult to be clearly understood when discussing things. Notice how we still use FNP to refer to the FNP-like damage saves, to avoid the problem of FNP having a different name every time something gets it? Deep Strike is even worse in that regard.

>NuGW is showing their true colours

More like. Free advertisement for good models.
Then this army shows up using transports that they do NOT make anymore.
>Shit those transports are really good
>If we advertise how good those transports are people will want to buy them.
>But we can't make any new ones as the mould is shot.
>Fuck it, go back to the Ultramarines winning.

is making simplified rules that much of a issue? Why does everyone need their own special snowflake rules that have strange wacky way of giving re rolls of 1s?

He says that there are tons of characters so everything feels bland and it would be even more stupid to have different special unique snowflake rules for each commander. The rules as presented may be the same but the change in name gives a bit of flavour as they are oriented to each faction. It's pretty easy to understand desu

I thought it was weird that GW pushes Space Marines because of how small a SM army list is. If Imperial Guard and Tyranids were the poster factions for instance, new players would have larger armies which would mean more sales for GW.

With Faith my brother.

If they have that one Autarch with the topknot and the two flags on his back i'm picking it up. IIRC it was limited edition though, so I'm not holding my breath.

You didn't beat that list though.

>same rule under a different name over and over, making it difficult to be clearly understood when discussing things. Notice how we still use FNP to refer to the FNP-like damage saves,
Power from Pain
Disgusting Resilence
Cybernetics
Foresight of the Damned
Fanatical Devotion

And I KNOW I'm missing more.

>24 Melta weapons

Not even halfway there, user!

Isn't that a special character?

>it's more characterful and flavourful because they use different names for the same rules

Is this what you idiots actually believe?

Well I do not play user. Just posting the true master race

Dok's tools

the bonesinger and the really old farseer on the bottom left probably. Maybe a warlock or two depending on the cost

>IG consistently losing tourney scene

Am I allowed to be an imperial guard player without enduring 40kg's autistic screeching now?

Does anyone know about female miniatures that could pass as some kind of musical band?
Or at least be easy enough to convert and give them musical instruments ?

Okay, captain "I burnt my dick" went to that tournie and did worse than Lawrence's list.

Actually I'm going to play IG, got 2 SC! Scions ordered to start with. My cousin plays Eldar and admittedly I hope it's not too (7th E) good, because there was no fun in playing against him at the time.

No.

No. 2 other lists went 5-0, one was a raven guard primaris list and the other was a daemons list, presumably the Magnus/bird/knight list. I struggle to see how anything could beat the Magnus list if it goes first, it can so reliably delete units.

>On more fragile units, this additional save helps to compensate for Toughness 3, while tanks and Wraith constructs are even harder to kill and gain some additional resilience against mortal wounds.
>while tanks and Wraith constructs are even harder to kill
>tanks and Wraith constructs
>Iyanden attribute also mentions tanks
This had better not be another intern fucking up, god help me.

for Wraith units I like it a lot.
For everyone else the amount of wounds you'll be taking makes it near pointless

To be fair SoB are their.
I wonder what the fuck did the GSC player run.

Also what the fuck are Necrons doing?

The fuck you on about.

These aren't supposed to be special rules shared by factions. These are supposed to be traits that make them different from one another so we don't have the same damn army with different weapon profiles.

Further, USRs worked fine. Don't know why geedubbalub decided they should be expunged and placed in every units datasheet.

Not a good portent so far. At least Iyanden made the bigger constructs better. Just hoping that Fortune stays as a 5+++ that way things like WKs can't be pasted off the board by a few Psykers.

Why would facts change the mind of a butthurt autist?

I am somehow confident Fortune's wording will not be changed, making everything in an Ulthwe detachment completely immune to it.

Basically he won by making the guard shooting super inefficient due to MSU. A bane chassis shooting into a RB is severe overkill for example.

so you are saying that it is less characterful than having universal flat rules then?

>winner was Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics with Tactical Squad Ultramarines

This can't be true! Reece's Pieces told me that Necrons were super powerful!!

>Golly, don't you just hate variation? Every army should function exactly the same.
>That way, I can spend more time playing and less time reading!

He is saying that both are equally characterful, actually.

So everyone but murines gets vehicle buffs in their subfaction rules? Well it's better than only guard getting it.

Admech player here; How effective is it to flood the board with fighty little tin men?

For under a 1000 points, I can run 50 Vanguard(All with Enhanced Data Tethers), 10 Rangers/w Snipers and Data Tether, a Dominus, an Engiseer, and a Neutron Laser Onager.

Couple that with the FNP of Graia, and using Emotionless Clarity to to blast away Tarpits, this seems like a pretty mean list.

So how are rubrics in a chaos soup army, I really love the models and wanted to add some.

No way it will get changed. Imagine trying to kill an Ulthwe Wave Serpent with fortune and spirit stones and that trait if they all stacked.

>Tfw you're so bad at describing shit an honest user thinks you mean Yriel
Meant this pointy helm over here.

5+ Bladestorm?

I'll probably get one and save it for my friends birthday in 6 moths. That Farseer on the left looks really cool, but I'm not sure which one to get. Can't ask him, that would ruin the surprise.

>I struggle to see how anything could beat the Magnus list if it goes first, it can so reliably delete units.
Same. That's why I was asking. I couldn't imagine how the UM could have stopped that list.

Fair enough, I for one, don't mind the different names.

Yes.

Bladestorm is on the wound roll, not the hit roll.

So no.

Do you have links to the lists in question?

>5+ Bladestorm?
Is on 6+ To Wound. Not To Hit

Ulthwé trait doesn't stack with similar effects.

Bladestorm is on the wound roll you mong.
Ulthwe is the Mordians of the Craftworlds Codex in temrs of usefulness.

Ah, good call, I apologize. I thought it was on hit rolls.

I've not tried it myself yet, but skitarii still can't take a punch and you only shoot in your turn, so they might not get to shoot a lot while in melee.

Ok thanks, thought it was hit for some reason.

tanky enough, a good choice if expensive

Yeah, I don't have any Eldar right now but used to collect Eldar in 2nd ed and have a big soft spot for them. I'll be getting some of the old farseer models.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Prince-Yriel

I know. Fortune doesn't either already in the index. Fortune doesn't work on the Avatar for example. Follow the reply chain.

Even if they changed Fortune, Ulthwe still wouldn't stack. Instead, Ulthwe is the only Craftworld that currently can't get a 5+ FNP.

Bladestorm is on Wound Rolls.

>We're 2 for 2 now.

Honestly i'm perfectly fine with the attributes being fine to mediocre, I'd just like a stratagem approximating 7e Aspect Shrines, haywires back on Hawks, and Dire Avengers not costed through the roof.
Scorpion Exarchs being baller again would be great too

What is that image from?

Ulthwe could still get Fortune, they just have to choose between the 5+ of Fortune and the 6+ of their trait, instead of stacking them.

This is the way FnP effects should work, stacking them is bullshit.

Quick, I want to field Luftwaffe Fallschirmjäger in 40k. What army do I pick? Scions looks like the best bet.

Autarchs seem to have the Admech's best Warlord Trait Monitor Malevolus built in, except better. Damn. I suppose I can always make my Dominus a Termie Captain, Chaplain, Apothecary and Techmarine at once with better guns and be binharically smug, though.

Go for Stygies tactics. You'll be tougher and dropping 20 plascal Vanguard on the enemy's nuts turn 1 sounds pretty fun.

Personally I've had some decent success pre-Codex in 1k games with the opposite list, with Onager, Dominus, Kataphrons, Kastelans and Dragoons only tanking everything my opponent has.

It's regaining CPs on a 6+ when you use them. Still only rerolling 1s to hit

Use Scion and SoB
For theme, aesthetic and showing the superior human form

Right, right. I was honestly considering taking some Breachers as a way to blunt melee unit charges, as that T5 and 3+ save seems pretty beefy. Not to mention that they have decent weapons and a good number of attacks(which some how outnumber Infiltrators.) They seem like they can take a punch, as well as deal with vehicles and such, while the Skitarii shoot in from behind/Electro-Priests countercharge in.

That is false. The wording on Fortune is that the Ulthwe attribute makes Fortune fail to affect them in the first place, so they can't choose between them.

bullshit R us

None of the chapter-tactics like rules so far have benefitted specific weapons or units like jetbikes and shuriken stuff. Those have been relegated to strategems.

i.imgur.com/Zmx3YMD.jpg
Don't know the context, but I found a link on faeit half a day after the Iyanden reveal yesterday.

>half a day after the Iyanden reveal yesterday
So 1 for 1 rather than 2 for 2.