S

How does your PC's personal hell look like?

Spiders. Spiders everywhere. All the spiders. Occasionally other things with "too many legs", but spiders most of all.

It's really fun to play an arachnophobic drow.

I'm a Forever DM, so…

Table full of That Guys, Edgelords, Sperglords, Magical Realmers, Pretentious Method Actors, and Rules Lawyering Pathfinders should about cover it.

Something involving being powerless and having to watch his family die time and again.

Then why don't you go back in time and fix it, you pussy?

Whatever town he is currently in.......

>Obsidian
>good stories

I mean, they arnt bad, but i mean, fuck, you got black isle, bioware (original one) was better, Paradox writes good stories, why pick obsidian?

Black Isle went bankrupt and Obsidian was formed from the core of the original Black Isle team. It's the same people.

well aperently their writing level droped a lot, compared to ice wind dale F:NV is only ok

The current overall situation which can be summarised as post-Eclipse Berserk, and it was the party who accidentally the Eclipse, but alone and without his comrades.

>ice wind dale
I think you mean Baldur's Gate. Icewind Dale didn't have much dialogue or story.

yes, and it was still better in a lot of aspects

being locked in a chest the size of an inn, with the only thing between him and endless (and notably large in size) riches is the bottle he's stuck in, he can try to climb it but you can't exactly climb glass, and theres a giant cork at the top anyway so even if he did climb it, he isn't getting out. in the meantime, he's actually been shrunk, left in a bottle in some dungeon, and has no way to alert adventurers he's there, if they turn up at his chest.

Well he's a barbearian so time travel isn't something he has easy access to. Now if he can get free then yeah, he'll break as many heads as need be until he can do just that.

>How does your PC's personal hell look like?
Just like my own. Being captured by a madman for the sole purpose of being tortured, with a knife especially. Seems bland but I just hate pain.

Don't go around down playing physical pain.
People went insane from less...

Besides being captured by a madman for the sole purpose of being his play-thing is alot more than JUST physical pain, it is an existential terror by sake of losing freedom and becoming helpless.

I bet even Dark-Eldar appreciate the old fashioned forms of hell too. Not everything needs ironic twists and special machinery.

She's in a dark cave, alone, trying to find her way to the surface, and every turn she takes, it gets darker, amd quieter, and the cave closes in just a bit more until she can't even turn around. She can't even draw in enough of a breath to scream for help.

Storytime?

My PC and really the whole party have seen what Hell looks like. And sounds like. It shouts "COMPLETE YOU."

Given that I'm playing in a Ravenloft campaign it's never too far away from reality at any given moment. That's kind of the point of Ravenloft.

It becomes a MAC

Probably losing all his bionics and being trapped on some primitive world.

under rated post

People are always late to the game, most of all.

Last time my PC glimpsed into hell he basically saw himself hanged upside down. While being forced to rewatch his daughter and son dying of illness sped into fast forwards over and over. All the while his insides are being eaten by beaked spirits who absorb his will and thoughts into themselves until he is a empty husk. Then spit it all out and restart the process.

Part of his plot is trying to figure out why exactly he is damned at the moment and how he can avoid being the plaything to sadistic demons for eternity.

There's nothing. No foe to rage against, no God to judge him, no flames or divine glow to bask in. For eternity, he is consigned to wander, his fervor and fury building within him until he starts to inflict the tortures of hell upon himself.

>Current PC is an old human adventurer who made a promise with his best dwarf bro to meet each other back in town after they split up on separate adventures
>After 50 years of waiting he decided to go on one last adventure to find his friend before he dies from old age

His hell would probably have a lot to do with him watching horrible things happen to those around him while he is unable to do anything about it. Add in a lot of diseases that can represent the ailments that come with old age, alot of dangers to inflict small wounds that are only bad if left untreated and bam. Perfect allegory for not doing anything until it's too late.

Nobody remembering him, or anything he's done.
No monuments or marks on the world to say "this man was here, and the world is better for it."
The other party members not even knowing he exists, or remembering that he existed in the first place.
The knowledge that he will forever walk through the world as a literal specter, unnoticed and unremembered.
And the dread that comes from knowing that the one being who knows of his existence is a fickle mistress, and that he's completely at the mercy of her whims.

He lives that hell every day, ever since he made the pact with Manah Razz.

>Paradox writes good stories
wut?

not him but i think you didnt got the refference

She's stuck in the frozen wasteland again, her troops are dying of starvation and they've eaten all the orcs that were slain in battle. The only thing that remains is their own dead, and she wonders if she'll have the strength this time to keep her men from doing the unthinkable. It begins to snow again.

Working a dead end job that will never lead anywhere in a city covered in dog shit and crackheads.

He has to live along other civilized beings and they take all of his favorite equipment away from him.

In hell my paladin keeps accidently burning down churches

In my PC's personal hell he would have to relive the few happy days he experienced with the one woman he ever loved only to lose again at the end of every cycle no matter what he does.

Check out KULT rpg man. There is a whole concept there of Nepharites (pretty much sadistic demons of torment) dragging individuals to Purgatories, but the name is misleading, as it is actually a personal hell, tailored by the Nepharite in such a way so it feens on the trapped soul's greatest fears and traumas.

KULT is the shit, play it.

His actual life is already one, turns out adopting two incredibly unlucky individuals because you felt bad for them wasn't such a great idea.

Literally everyone except himself is utterly and irrevocably insane. And there's a constant niggling feeling that he's going to be much of the same in a while.

Being turned into a servitor or some-other biomechanical monstrosity but keeping her self-awareness as her soul is pushed to the corner of her skull watching as horrific mechanical hands do task she has no control over forever trapped in a mass of decaying flesh and metal.