...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>PreCure.trid
>Top_Ten_Anime_battles.knwsft
>Hatsune Miku live performance.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 4444 (13% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You got tickets to the next concert?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running MIKU_MANIA.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Entertainment edition.
How does your runner entertain themselves? Have they ever entertained for others?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/iqtgdt.xml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>want to like shadowrun
>doing anything takes 7 different dice pool modifiers that are hard to remember

chummer, just pull some numbers out of your ass. Keep in mind that a three dice penalty will reduce the expected his by 1.

Use the modifier for the biggest thing (e.g. full darkness when shooting probably gives a -6 penalty, since you'd need 7 dice to even try to hit anything, that seems like an appropriate modifier) and then modify that based on how many other mods you have (also rain and uneven terrain? make it -8 or -9)

I made business cards for my character, what do you think Veeky Forums?

Take it in chunks. If you are wanting to dm, try to make a character for each thing you want to learn. If you are a player, just learn your role and the very basics of the other stuff. A lot of the rules are common sense stuff just given numbers to because some people get off on learning that high winds is -1 whatever on some shit instead of determining factors themselves.

Its ok to ignore/forget the modifiers sometimes. You're not going to always remember that being a moving vehicle gives +3 defense or what the rules are for every called shot to every body part is. Learn what is going to be used, and just have the rule of thumb that minor effect is 1, moderate +2/3, hard +4/5 etc. Remember cheat sheets are there for everyone.

Fixed.

Some people have reported an issue with their firewall/antivirus preventing Chummer from launching, particularly if it's been put into a program files directory. Aside from that, you need .Net 4.5 at a minimum, which means Windows XP is not supported.

a few questions
1) I noticed that people were talking about putting agents in program carriers, does it talk about this in a book or just common sense, asking cause my GM thinks it shouldn't work.

2) using the Juggernaut drone as a base, what mods and weapons would you use in making a mobile weapons platform/uber warmech. No limit on cost.

3) If someone remembers could they please respond to this with what the general consensus for how you'd make a successful anthrodrone AI character. I remember it being talked about a few threads back

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god, it even has a watermark!

seems like the kind of guy I can rely on to get terror done

What do I round a .1 essence augmentation to with Biocompatibility

iirc it would be .9 essence if you had Biocompat

DO IT AGAIN

It says you round down to the nearest tenth, which would be 0.0, but that sounds wrong.

>How does your runner entertain themselves?
Turns out 3 out of 4 runners in my current campaign took cooking as an interest. They found out when they had a short break and access to a kitchen. Seems there's gonna be a lot of cooking parties in between runs.

>A shock ram is a braced door breaching device, not a man-portable weapon that you swing around at folks.
You don't like it. That doesn't make you right.
>You're not supposed to actually use them as a weapon against people. It's not the expectation with which they were written, and any sensible GM won't allow it.
Yes it is, and any GM that doesn't allow Exotic Melee Weapon (Battering Rams) as a skill is off in their own housed ruled universe and none of my concern.

>Battering rams are not recommended for use as a melee weapon but can be used as such (use Exotic Melee Weapon (Battering Rams) skill, assuming you had the foresight to select it).
If you're not using a battering ram as a weapon, then it's straight Strength + Agility.

The only ram that isn't a portable melee weapon is the pneumatic ram.
>The quad-legged device is securely positioned at the door or barrier before operation and triggered by a touch pad or wirelessly.

>All vehicles are drones, not all drones are vehicles.
Other way around.

The common sense thing here is to say that Biocompatibility won't round down past .1.

Cool, I'll just take the Flying Eye to work.

somebody draw this, either joe wageslave looking at his watch to gauge how late he is or an ork firing an RPG in one hand

And I'll just rig fuckin' everything straight off the factory floor, rite?

No.

>Drones are designed for use by riggers, and have been designed with the rigger interface built in. Nearly all vehicles need to have the interface added as an after factory option, however, except for military and law enforcement vehicles.

Drones are no-passenger vehicles, barring exceptions. Vehicles are not passenger drones, barring exceptions.

You're rounding down the wrong thing. It's not the essence cost that rounds down, it's the essence cost multiplier.

> (e.g., the reduction for alphaware of 0.8 is reduced by ten percent, or 0.08, to become 0.72, and is rounded down to 0.7).

I hope you enjoy being on the end of sting operations.

They literally are, barring exceptions because your idea of 'barring exceptions' is nonsensically broad. Drones aren't vehicles, but they can be.

Are there any echoes that are just really good for technomancers to take? Personally I like skinlink but I'm not sure if there are better ones out there

Besides codeslinger, what qualities should a decker look at?

Nerdrage

Incompetent (Ladies).

>your btl waifu will never be real
just frag my shit up chummer

As long as your love is true, she doesn't have to be real

>Want to like shadowrun
>STILL can't get chummer5a to open so I can use it to make a character

>Though all drones are considered vehicles, the term drone is generally used to refer to vehicles that are not designed to carry passengers or are specifically designed for remote/unmanned usage.
Drones are defined by two things. Not having a seating attribute, and having a rigger interface by default. If they don't manage both, they're "just" vehicles.

Just make one without Chummer.

Whose to say you can't attach a seat to a drone or a rig to a car?

Yeah, but I'm going to be GMing and want to be able to guide my players through using it if they have any questions

>a seat to a drone
Congrats, you add 50% of 0 to your total seating arrangement.

>a rig to a car
Literally not in question that you can *mod* a vehicle with a rigger interface.

you must be great at parties, omae

Well, what happens? What's your environment?

I also do a mean bris.

lol I'm not the guy who originally posted it btw

Using the Juggernaut anthrodrone as a base, what mods and weapons would you add to make the best weapons platform you could? No limit on cost.

Grenade launchers with your favourite gas toxins and Intruder nanites.

Brick everything, and let the toxins sort them out.

Built this for a shadowrun and never used it. Dead killy.

Windows 10, with .NET 4.5.2 installed. I just run the .exe and literally nothing happens. Not even a window or anything. Happens on both the nightly and last stable release.

Nice, now time to figure out how to get my GM to approve my ~~Uber-Murderbot~~ seeing-eye bot

dangit, I could've sworn that crossthrough was a thing here

It's in Data Trails. Program Carrier is one of the modules you can add to any device, and agents are programs. I've seen someone argue that cyberdeck programs (e.g. agents) can't run on comlinks no matter what, but general consensus seems to be that Program Carrier can stick any program on any device.

could you post the whole writeup of that drone please?

What like this ?

The previous image had everything.

Try running as admin.

Is it generating a settings folder with a default.xml file inside it?

Yeah thanks, it seemed like stuff was hidden/under the bottom of the picture in the last one

are there any mech suit type drones? or something that could reasonably modded to become one?

meant to say "are there any mech suit type things, or any drones you could reasonably mod into one?"

jesus christ this general has gotten fucking terrible, why the fuck don't you and the other fucking losers in the pathfinder thread just fuck off?

>I noticed that people were talking about putting agents in program carriers
While it's potentially possible to do RAW, I wouldn't allow it. Agents have a scaling cost, but Program Carriers have a fixed cost for hardware & software combined. Virtual Machine is the fixed cost intermediary that provides actual program slots to other devices.

Generally, motorcycles fit the bill for modding into mech suits. It's going to be slow, kinda shitty, and draw high threat response under standard conditions, though.

There's the Iron Will powered armour, but it's trash.

Popular opinion is that if you mod a bike to have Secondary Propulsion (Walker) and a rigger cocoon you can proxy one, but I've seen some GMs look a bit askance at it.

There was a guy a while back doing homebrew exosuits, not sure what happened to him.

There's a settings folder, but it's empty. No default.xml.

Dang, alright then, I guess i could try making my own completely new thing through story reasons then. I was thinking of making the Ubermurder bot also have a mech mode for manual control.

I guess I could just slap a rigger cocoon on it and call it done.

Including the program with the Program Carrier for a fixed cost always seemed like a huge fuck up on CGL's part. Virtual Machine does get around that, and the second program lets you build many handy special-purpose devices, but some people view it as rules abuse. Personally I think its fine both RAW and balance-wise. Shits expensive and will never be as good as a comparable deck.

If they had AI this good at reacting to new stimuli and mimicking human behavior, why the fuck did they need replicants? Also, how does she see shit when she's in K's pocket?

Dump this into that folder as default.xml then. Shouldn't matter, but it could be something squirrelly with write permissions.

a.pomf.cat/iqtgdt.xml

Gotta be physically manifest to perform physical labor.

So just build them a mechanical body. If you're able to fit that kind of processing power down to handheld sizes, it shouldn't even be that difficult to get a computer to design the robots for you.

I'm inclined to think that being able to kludge together a low-mid capability "deck" at a comparatively "street level" price is exactly how it should work, considering how they kicked off the return of pseudo-cyberdecks.

There was a sliver of time there, entirely unsupported by anything 4e, where there was talk of how FastJack, et al, were using their old hacker-built hardware to make their new consumer product hardware work as hacking devices in the new matrix ... and then that was quietly shot in the head while high-priced, corp- branded, tablet-decks became the standard thing for the new age of anarchist hacker runners.

Especially maddening when cyberpunk media traditionally has every non-corp hacker scratch-building their own deck.

Nope, no sell. Thanks anyway, was worth a shot.

I'm by no means an expert in Blade Runner lore, but I got the impression the AI tech was relatively new whereas replicants had been around a few decades and were a booming business. That inertia probably further disincentivizes making sentient robots.

Firewall? Antivirus? I know it doesn't play nice with being in program files since that folder has special permissions, and I've seen some people have issues with it being blocked. Try rightclicking, selecting Properties, and clicking the Unblock button.

>If you're able to fit that kind of processing power down to handheld sizes
>Quiet, you. I've been inside you. There's not as much there as you think.
I'm not convinced that there is.

I've been gone for quite a while, has anything good come out since Forbidden Arcana? Did we get the TM book?

c1.Win.C1Ribbon.4.dll? I don't have that. Is that a chummer file? It's an .exe for me, there's some DLLs but none like that. I don't see an "unblock" option on the .exe or on any of the .dll files.

Also, it's in a subfolder of documents.

Got a book all 'bout Trogs

but no Technomancer book yet

Nah that was just an example from google. If it doesn't work beyond that I'm a bit stumped.

>5 months and all they have released is a book about oppressed minorities
God damn it

TM book is apparently dead. Guy who did the ebooks stopped working for CGL, one of the two authors that was working on it bailed, so it's been lacking anyone to really drive it. Speculation is that it'll get rolled up into a new Matrix book next year.

It's super, super weird. It seems like NOBODY else has ever had this problem.

>the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth. This rebate is cumulative with the reduction offered by the chosen ’ware’s grade, if any (e.g., the reduction for alphaware of 0.8 is reduced by ten percent, or 0.08, to become 0.72, and is rounded down to 0.7).
>the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth.

??

Wait, what the fuck? I got it. For some reason, 7zip didn't unzip all the files the first time. What the fuck. That's the most stupid issue ever. How did that happen multiple times?

>posts a 3 mb image on 4chinz

What the fuck are you doing omae? Hiroshimoot is too broke for this.

Cyberlimbs add one physical box, that doesn't include hands and feet does it?

>7zip
You brought it on yourself.

I can't use WinRAR, the trial period expired and I haven't registered!

Nope. Full limbs.

7+3d6 isn't enough initiative for a street sam is it? How do I buff it more? I have synaptic boosters 2 with 2.2 essence left.

The Juggernaut gets out-performed by the Direktionssekretar in almost all circumstances because their soak is based almost entirely on worn armor and the Juggernaut can't get anywhere near as high of Agility on its drone limbs.

AI are fucking garbage, and their rules are a mess, even if being a drone is the least-broken that they get. You'll want to pick a drone, give it the best drone limbs you can get, and then kit it out with metahuman armor and limb utilities like Hydraulic Jacks. That's pretty much it.

That's an illegal build. You can't add that much armor.

So why don't people like dwarves again?

They're really boring unless you know Earthdawn lore, and even then, that was in the past.

Read the part in the parentheses. It's changing the Ware grade multiplier. So Standard goes from 1.0 to 0.9, Alpha goes from .8 to .7, and so forth. It's shittily explained, but the parentheses are where it's clarified with an example.

I mean in universe, like what's the Humanis rationale for dwarves being subhuman?

A NeoNet Juggernaut can have up to 18 armor before losing any stats.

You can add as many armor as you want, it'll just lower Handling and Speed.

They're as rare as Trolls, but don't stand out in a crowd like Trolls do, so they're easy to ignore/forget. Personally, I love them, but most people see them as the 'fifth wheel,' where metatypes are concerned.

Taking human jobs or something? I dunno.

They are the jews to the Orcs being gangbangers.

>humanis is /pol/

It all makes sense now.

Where have you been the last five years?

Shit, I suddenly feel the need to make a character with 4 Partial Obvious Cyberlimbs.

Except Pol doesn't usually believe that raiding the home of our Semitic brothers will net them a hoard of gold and money. Dwarfs do gotta deal with that shit.

>Pol doesn't usually believe that raiding the home of our Semitic brothers will net them a hoard of gold and money

The real /pol/lacks do.