This time I remember the title

This time I remember the title

Have you played Cache Refresh yet? What do you think of it?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y
>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons, Old Netrunner
emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Old Bread

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunnerdb.com/en/set/cd/rulings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not yet, though it might be a good idea as a fairly new player

It's pretty fun all things considered, and that was before C2RB.

Haven't tried with Core 2.0, but looking forward to Kitara making things a lot more interesting, since lots of CR decks really leaned on Flashpoint stuff.

Also, the next OP needs to update the links for the FAQ and MWL pdfs.

>This time I remember the title
Are you sure about that, Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/?

Because it looks like your name is Android: Netrunner General - /anrg/.

Came her to post this.

>Has L5R impacted your local community in any way, positively or negatively?

Not really. Game didn't have any traction over here so far. Even to old fans of the pnp IP. People are still looking at things for now.

>Have you played Cache Refresh yet?

Nope. Again, not much traction locally. I'm guessing other alternative formats (sealed, local experiments) fit that role over here.

Same here, only one person seems intent on buying into L5R, the rest are committed to Magic and Netrunner and can't really invest into another LCG.

Crimson Dust UFAQ is up.

netrunnerdb.com/en/set/cd/rulings

The Fractal Threat Matrix rulings are hilarious. The Ashigaru ruling also means that you don't move out of the encounter until both players pass their paid ability windows. I think previously it was you pass the ice as soon as you break all subs?

Might want to add the (unofficial) link for the Cache Refresh info as well.

www.cache-refresh.info/

The under-costing of influence on blue cards honestly really pisses me off sometimes. Like, Anarch gets a really good card? 3 inf, maybe 4, rarely 2. Crim gets a really good card? 1 or 2 inf. 3 if you're lucky. So all the cards that would make Crim consistently good are doomed to be MWL'd from the start. Fucking horrible design oversight.

Also, you know there's never been a 5 inf blue card?

Account Siphon should have been a 5inf card, then maybe it would have been spared 'rotation'.

Bad Times for us poor Crims are upon us again!

Account Siphon even being allowed to be splashed has always confused me. Some cards just shouldn't be allowed to be splashed

Right?! I've been saying that ever since Siphon Val was a thing. Makes no sense.

It would be interesting to have AHLCG-style unique cards that are limited to factions, something akin to various corp agendas.

Maybe that could be added in a future cycle/box.

Also, the concept of non-exportable cards really interests me. Would lead to some neat design space exploration, with cards that would be utterly broken if another faction's ID were allowed to use them.

Do you mean like the investigator specific cards? Yeah those would be neat if they were instead faction specific in this game. At the same time knowing FFG they could print some broken shit as only in one faction and then make playing any other pointless.

But it's not like they can't just accomplish that when you can splash them anyway

More like faction-specific really, though runner-specific ones could help bolster weak IDs.

Come to think of it, having some appear for the mini-faction runner IDs could be more appropriate instead.

Welcome to core 1.0'to O&Cs Anarch woes.
You'd think they would have learned.

The undervaluation of crim cards have been going on for a long time... in the case of Aumakua though, I wonder how much of it was just a well-intentioned desire to allow expose tools to also be imported... I'm trying OK?

I can see why non-exportable cards might not have been seen on the runner side for thematic/colour pie reasons - because the runners are so diverse in motivation and strategy within each faction, saying "this is something ONLY a Shaper would use" gets quite difficult - there's creative Anarchs and Criminals that tinker with their rigs.

As says, the mini-factions would be easiest

On the corp side it's a bit easier, as the corps directly compete in several areas, and agendas already exist, so "can only be played in [faction] decks" or "cannot be played in [faction]" both work

I'm thinking, Kim doesn't have a console, but his glove is pretty prominent. Could it be Khan Gauntlet ? It goes well with his ability too.

It could very well be Leela's console for all we know.

Daily reminder that the original NetRunner did not have faction bullshit for children to have console-wars over. You're bringing the cancerous MTG thinking into the game when you whine about factions.

The original netrunner was a lawless clusterfuck with no balance whatsoever though.
That's why it was so fun.

I remember we talked about it when the Gauntlet was released... did make me slot it in one of my Kim decks.

ONR also wasn't afraid to add dice mechanics. Which makes it a clearly superior rendition.
Jury's still out on the trace mechanic changes.

Hi Richard Garfield

Richard & Garfunkel probably wouldn't insult MTG in the same breath

>He thought

How do you deal with Not! Zuckerberg, /anrg/?
Can't crack them as Null

Drip econ and squirrel-horde econ (Liberated Accounts, Codebusting, Algo Trading, etc.)

Try Employee Strike

Formerly: becoming so rich the loss of credits becomes insignificant.

Nowadays, optimally: recurring econ. Spark Can't touch that. And strong anti-econ - if both are miserable, the runner is more likely to win.

I play codebusting and liberated account, but I've been rushing to pull the money out of them to make sure I can deal with HHN. Gonna throw in some daily casts and see if that helps me chill out a bit.

I was considering this and interdiction but at that point I may as well just swap to val or whizzard and go full meta stomp.

Going to try out daily casts, data folding, aesops package etc. Don't have the influence for any of the Crim anti econ because I want 3 aesops and 3 bank jobs. Can use aesops to bounce mkultra for a net +1 cred per run. We smart boys now

With that route for MKULTRA I think technical writer is not out of question. You may even use sahasrara but that's extra influence and it's not even sure because you need a sentry to reinstall it.

I left the game during the Whizzard/Faust cancer, the last expansion I bought was from the Mumbad garbage pile. What's the game like now; is Shaper playable? Can Corps that aren't HB actually play the game again?

Rotation, Ban/restricted list and core 2.0 means there is no Noise, kate, whizzard, parasite, siphon, medium, sansan, and scorched. Everyone is trying to find their place, and that means almost everybody is playable (rip exile)

Btw, Reina Roja and CT survived rotation. HB EtF did not.

New Reina

New CT

Hey any tips for a lapsed Vegan Haarpsichord player how to get back into meta? I was hated out by Aaron Moron and Film Critic; I know former is banned and later is restricted but I've lost Breaking News. How does Old Hollywood executive make do?

New Gabriel

With tags? My guess is HHN, Closed Accounts, Best Defense, Observe and Destroy, and Keegan for rig shooter. Then EoI for shenanigans.

looks like his new job is selling insurance

Thanks!
HHN, Closed Accounts, Threat Level Alpha seems like potent combo for Psychographics route. How many tags do Runners usually remove if they are 7 or less Credits?

Well insurance is a really efficient way to rob people...

That Bioroid gal seems to be programmed to be too cool to look at explosions.

As many as they can, otherwise closed accounts will keep them tagged.

They all are, it's a cool crew

Will we ever get a decent resolution art of eli (female)?

>Going to try out daily casts, data folding, aesops package

When I said recurring, I did mean recurring: Stealth, Cyberfeeder, etc. The credits are not in your pool, Spark cannot touch, it's always available.

Special model whose body is programmed to always look the other way when violence happens, so as not to trigger the human life protection directive.

Surely you meant (emo)Eli?

I hope so.

Viktor and Eli didn't take the 2.0 transition all that well, did they?

Ichi, Heimdall, and Nerine aren't doing too hot either. Only Fairchild did well.

He could be having a nice chat with a friend (who happens to go by Mr. Johnson) about a certain corporate entity's assets.

Waiting for Janus 2.0

With his rez price, any upgraded version might as well be The Janus instead.

Actually, the 2.0 being a *leaner* version would be interesting and both thematically and mechanically fitting. You cleaned the code instead of adding to it... and there's some hint that there's some Directive potentially altered.

What do you mean? He got a nice suit, high paying security job, and no longer needs to run around the server with a gun like some mook.
Unless you mean cost/efficiency. Then yeah...

So which of the restricted cards do you all think will appear in the next Champ Decks?

Yeah true, viktor's a reformed member of society now! I hear he even does charity work.

My money is on Global Food Intiative and either Film Critic or Aesop's

Viktor just sits on his deck wait for the poor FOOLISH Runners to come to him.

Also, I bet MO for runner, and FC3 for corp.

>Nerine
She's not got a 1.0

Wonder why that's the case though? Can easily see 1.0 as one of the 2.0 subs split up, and at more reasonable prices.

She has a dog, maybe Fenris was the 1.0?

when is the revised core supposed to be released? I recently discovered a pretty active community in my area so figured I'd give netrunner a try but should I wait to grab the revised? And if I was to jump in now, how soon should I start worrying about getting expansions/ data packs?

Yes, do wait for revised core. It'll be here in 2-3 months.

Core set gaming is fine for a looong time, it's basically on you when you want new toys.

Right now, you can always play on jinteki.net before revised core comes out, or borrow decks from existing players.

Core 2.0 should hopefully be in before the end of the year, in November if we are lucky.

Don't worry about getting the full pool that quickly. It's better to go 1core -> Cache Refresh -> Everything one step at a time.

bump

I love those decks packing on alternate ways to win point. Totally ridiculous.

3x Artist Colony, Notoriety for the rest of the points

>3x Artist Colony

Fan Site?

...yeah.

Doh

Makes more sense.
Add also Freedom Through Equality and Turntable (the purpose isn't to make a non-interactive deck, just to fuck up agenda point balance).
Silly thing, fun to pilot.

Nice. It's a bit uninteractive, but I think it's interesting enough that people wouldn't be pissed off to play it.

Also, too achieve enlightenment you can go to the temple...

Or you can just stay up all night

>Nice. It's a bit uninteractive,

I'd say it only really looks like it. In play it can actually pretty interactive. The corp still has a lot of choices - sacrifice agendas to prevent your gains, timing agenda scores (and choice of agenda scored), attacking the board state to prevent the interactions...

Once both players are aware of the match up, it gets pretty fun. Going to be even better once you add the Kitara corp agenda-point dishing non-agenda cards. Good duel decks in the making.

Bollocks to interaction, have some Notrunner instead

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar

Event (8)
1x Deep Data Mining
3x Diesel
1x Notoriety
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
2x Adjusted Matrix
1x Feedback Filter
2x HQ Interface ●●●●

Resource (22)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Daily Casts
2x Earthrise Hotel
3x Fan Site
3x Gang Sign ●●●●● ●●●●
3x Liberated Chela
3x Professional Contacts
1x Same Old Thing
2x Temple of the Liberated Mind

Icebreaker (1)
1x Endless Hunger ●●

Program (9)
3x Dhegdheer
3x Hyperdriver
3x Self-modifying Code

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

Nice

A GS Shaper deck that actually looks better then the Crim version, who would have thought.

Honestly wonder if 2.0 could just be 1.0 but with the double click thing?

New Criminal killer in Sovereign Sight. Think Study Guide, but way better. Get fucking hype.

>1 influence
>is everywhere
>gets banned/restricted

Calling it now

Nah. Try 4 - this is Criminal's toy.

Fake news user is back, neat.

We've got that in Aumakua already.

Given how Study Guide had no success in spite of how obscene it can be... I wonder what "better" than it should be.

Eh, you'll see.

It's better in a different way. Kind of similar to Na'Not'K also.

It was pretty successful around here. Top tier because Lockpick was cheap infaction and made it practically free.

>implying these things happen only once

Or have this fine gal around when the corp happens to be filthy rich.

I've always wanted to make Comet Hayley work. Has there been any successful strategies with those two?

You need a critical mass of either events or cheap installables to take advantage of Comet/Hayley. So by taking both you're constraining the deck.
I personally think Hayley works best with an ability that let you draw when you install stuff, like off Campus Apartments. While Comet is awesome with draw cards. Particularly draw/install like Diesel/Modded. Although even Draw/Draw is just great.
If I were to make such Hayley to work, I'd go with big Grip cards, to increase the possibility of always being able to install something.
On this subject, I want to remark how synergyful are cards from SanSan with Hayley ability : Chameleon, DaVinci and London Library, that rarely see play now.

>L5R is causing people to also try/pick up netrunner
Wtf i love legend of the 5 autists now

I don't know that we want to give further incentives to play agenda suites with hyper optimized advancement/agenda points ratio. Poor 3/1s are having a hard enough time already.
Cute though. For some reason I was seeing Jack Weyland older.

I like the idea of rogue executives becoming runners. Potentially as a result of takeover or someone buying out the rest of the company's stock? Either way, could be interesting. Even potentially a 4th runner faction if there existed a variety of executives, instead of just mini factions.

Yeah, Laramy Fisk is not a thing!
I was going to post a Fisk illust. But apparently I dont have it here.

I'm thinking more "fallen executive" rather than someone who runs to manipulate the market so his company becomes super wealthy.

Mr Fisk is more a Runner with his own Corp rather then an Exec with a side job.

It would be interesting if he was the one who originally found out Miranda is actually a clone series.

Is it really? Would be nice if that were true, but one would think it would sorta cannibalise the same customer base.

I keep forgetting to ask, but why the Hyperdriver in that set up?

Perhaps as another way to get loads of clicks to meet the 5 click requirement of chela?