>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Brayherds

First for Smegmarines, go home. Allegiance armies rule and Sigmar's Finest drool.

What are y'all working on? Gonna put these guys on round bases and finish a few details before calling them done.

dats raciss

sweet dinos my man

Are there any regular-sized cavalry available to Freeguild that aren't Demigryphs? Not talking about outriders or pistoliers, but standard cavalry with swords and spears. Same size mounts as my pistoliers are mounted on, and the only ones I can think of are the Compendium units which would shit on Freeguild allegiance. I guess I could just put 'em on bigger bases, but that feels a bit cheap.

>loved to play zombie and skeleton summoning army back in whfb
>decide to try age of sigmar
>fucking waac faggots got my favourite play style completely destroyed

Seriously couldn't they have just removed all the ridiculous summoning spells and only leave core units(except horrors because fuck those things) to be summonable instead of this ridiculous "reinforcement points" system?

Has anyone tried a Swifthawk army? Would that be terrible to play against? I was playing around making a list.

2x Skywardens with Swifthawk Pennant
2x5 Reavers
10x Spireguard
2x Skycutters

Makes 1000 points. I imagine it would probably struggle with objective play due to low model count, but the Skycutters 16+2d6 move plus still shooting, paired with the Reavers ability to shoot and move, seems like they'd be horrible to try and pin down.

>‘You wouldn’t catch a duardin using a blade of wood, no matter how sharp,’ Lugash grunted. The fyreslayer still lay on the deck, eyes closed. Roggen smiled. ‘Who do you think taught us how to make these?’ ‘There are duardin in Ghyran?’ Volker asked, somewhat taken aback. He’d heard stories, but never paid them much mind. ‘Some,’ Zana interjected. ‘The root-kings. A proud folk, but shy. They delved deep, and rarely surfaced, and then only to trade.’

This intrigues the dick

What would root kings look/ play like?

I'm trying to imagine a cross between Dispossessed/Fyreslayers and Sylvaneth and it's just...weird.

Just Dispossessed. And dwarves with a bunch of dryad gubbins.

presumably no gunpowder units, I'm picturing guerilla/skirmishing units but that's just because it's forests... from that passage it sounds more like they're subterranean, so probably a lot of heavy infantry to take advantage of spooky molehill tunnels or something like that

I wonder what a city would be like... root kings seems evocative of a hold under a tree trunk with roots cutting through it used for the buildings

Think druidic dispossessed.

Rolled 3, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, 3, 2 = 21 (8d6)

after I sold my army last year and finished my warhammer stuff I got the cravings again now to do some painting. I check the aos stuff and might get some sigmarines. I am not sure if I will ever build n army though. so I am thinking of getting something small like a 1 guy or one of those easy to build small unit shits that might potentially be also useful if I ever decide to get a big box of starter set or start collecting. so what do you recommend to return to painting with something small but also potentially be able to use in an army if I expand it.

doesnt necessarily have to be a sigmarine.

>Qualnet Lionsfather
Pretty badass name desu

Chaos Warriors. You can paint them to be like one of the Chaos gods, or just go with undivided. Later on you can just get a Slaves to Darkness start collecting

why would you want normal guys on horses when you could just use SHINNING GOLDEN GODS ATOP DRACONIC STEEDS

the answer is not anymore

To build on what recommended, you could either do the 3 Chaos Warriors for $10, or buy an Exalted Hero of Chaos for $15. Both are nice enough models, and they each have their place if you end up collecting Slaves to Darkness. The Start Collecting is perfect if you do the Chaos Warriors since those 3 fit in nicely with the 12 from the Start Collecting bundle. And can't go wrong with a badass hero.

Shit just blows because I've got a decent amount of cavalry, but it's the same size as what my General and other ally heroes are mounted on. I guess I can just find some gubbinz and bitz to swag 'em out before putting them on bigger bases, but it just sucks.

Why they had to gut Reiksguard Knights, I'll never know. It's just silly to even have rules for the bastards, but keep them locked away as useless compendium trash.

Soon

thanks bros. so far I mostly collected goodie goodies like elves and treepeople (my old moria army doesnt count since reminding me nobody in my area plays lotr makes me teary eyes) so I guess its a good time to shake things up and embrace the motherfucking C H A O S

Glad to help user, good luck with your painting

Since GW decided to get rid of the one fucking thing that Warherds have and got rid of the battalion what would you replace the now 160 free points that I have in my 1,000 point army?

Allegiance: Chaos
Doombull (120)
3 x Bullgors (180)
3 x Bullgors (180)
3 x Bullgors (180)
Ghorgon (200)
Total: 860 / 1000

Ally in 20 Gors

whats this I keep seeing

its actually nice to get the 3 warrior guys since it will complete the 12 units to 15 for units of 5

one thing though, do the chaos warriors come with old square bases now or the new circle ones? and what is the diameter for the circle ones? maybe I have some at home

I think they are using 32mm bases

Wait is this a thing? Are we finally gonna runic forest dwarves?

some poor bastard desperately wants TK to get un-squatted so he posts that image every thread to help fuel his delusions.

So if I was going to run twenty Freeguild troops armed with bows -- because the models that I'll be using have bows and not handguns or crossbows -- would I just be better off running them as Freeguild Militia? For use as part of a Freeguild Great Company, btw.

I do lose 4" of range and the ability to reroll 1's and 2's, but I also gain a better save, much better attacks in melee, a standard bearer and musician. The ability to move 5" from Huntsman sounds pretty useless, especially when these are being used as part of a Great Company. Plus, if I end up swelling the size of the Militia, I could potentially get the ranged attacks at 3+ for 30 or 2+ for 40, while getting the melee ones to 2+ for 30 and up as well.

You made them look almost not retarded, good job. Man, Seraphon would be A+ tier if it wasn't for the saurus component.

last question. which battletome should I check out for slaves of darkness? is there one for them specifically or are they combined in a chaos book? or should I read the new generals handbook?

Any new miniture releases comming?

On this front the game seems nearly dead

the game is as dead as Dark Potential

Just the GHB.

One new hero for each of the four major factions next year. And then they're technically counting Shadespire as new miniature releases, when they're just "alternate" models for existing warscrolls.

The last we got was blightwar, and technically I think they are counting the shadespire teams because they said they were supposed to get warscrolls for the teams. The release scheduel hasn't been as frequent as 40k, but that's understandable with how much of a juggernaut 40k is and the importance of 8e. We also have the preview of the narrative campaign that is supposed to come next year, though i cant find the post for it. Ill have to dig into for that one. Also plenty of the rumor mill photos are so obviously fantasy.

But right now it is 40k and shadespire season. I think it will be back to AoS stuff at the start of next year.

>Malekith is a fucking retarded animal now

Here it is. Malign portents. Looks like a death themed campaign. One of those things again that shapes the future narrative of the setting. Mite b cool
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/
but we all know if they do the grand alliances battle royal again, order will dominate. it's just how it is. I hope they do something different so even order may be split on what they want out of the coming conflict.

If you have so many of them, use the elven or breton armylist to make a knightly order. They don't share allegiance with the city guard because they are too proud. Problem solved.

don't talk shit about his fursona

>gHb

only took once and left a shitty naphtaline taste in my mouth for 3 days no thanks.

and which book has battalions for slaves of darkness?

That would be the Grand Alliance Chaos book, if they have any.

Grand Alliance Chaos.

Grand alliance chaos. They have 3

thanks my chaos brethren.see you in the /wip/ thread when I get them.

So if you could theoretically get your hands on a couple of them, are khorgorath's worth taking?

Good luck to you! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

I've found /wip/ doesn't take kindly to AoS stuff. Bring it here instead. Any quality posting is welcome, especially when the trolls occasionally hit the general.

I think they're good for the points they cost. But I've never seen them on the table so I don't know how they perform.

no he isn't. He's an amorph entity that changes shape on whim, think loki on steroids and with incest instead of pegging.

How many models at a given point level comes across as WAAC? If I plop down 93 models in a 1000 point game with ways to mitigate or ignore battleshock would that be too much?

si, te gustaran

That's not waac at all. That's just you playing a horde army. that's pretty standard for grots, and they arent called waac.

Although I would add a monster or 2 in there just to break up the monotony of what sounds like it could be an extremely dull game.

well they're not sold individually, so you'd have to buy a bunch from the starter box as far as I know hence their lack of play.

they are good, but they have no synergy. Khorne mortals are mostly about those juicy wombo combos, but that doesn't have to be the only way to play khorne mortals.

We forget that back when the AoS box set was really all we had for new releases, and the only real combo we had for them was the fat whip dude who got them to charge in better.

Man those were the days. The excitement of discovering a budding new game... and the rage. Oh the rage.

So how should I find games? Nobody here plays AOS.

Call around to neighboring city LGSs and ask if there are any groups. If not, then you may be SoL. If they do, ask if they have any sort of facebook group or website or whatever, then go from there.

I know the feeling. AoS isn't a thing around where I am unless I go a few hours north, then it's played several nights a week at multiple locations, along with Infinity. But here? It is x-wing and 40k only.

I got around it by making sure I had a way to transport my army easily.

4 new minis for the grand alliances and possible hint at a new death faction with accompanied models but that conjecture. Oh and skaven and fyreslayers for shadespire.

Too be frank though user 40k just got a new edition, we got two new blight war models, new shadespire minis. The latter two probably makes GW think we're fine. Honestly it's a bit annoying that I gotta wait until who knows when into next year before we get any substantial releases.

My guesses however for 2018
>More shadespire factions next year with fyreslayers and skaven all but confirmed
>Campaign centered around death and 4 new minis for the grand alliances
>Possible new death faction
>Probable new release of one of the four unopened new stormcast chambers
>Probable new nurgle battletome
>End of year hints too elves and slaanesh.

>tfw people have started to pick up WFB at my LGS
>still nobody to play AoS
please kill me already

Do what I did. Got two forces together and started running and advertising demos.

I heard somewhere that part of the reason for a long delay is that GW wanted to put a new team together for sigmar so that their main team could focus just on 40k, but in time new sigmar releases should happen more frequently as the two will no longer compete for resources.

To be honest I like that plan, if it's true. They would still be competing for capitol though, as gw would be looking to budgets and the 2 teams would be competing for the limited release schedules, but at least they wouldn't be competing for rules writing and testing.

Same here. Only 40k and Flames of War here. Once a year a Mordheim campaign.

Other then that the old Fantasy Fags play either Kings of War or their own homebrew WHFB 6th ed.

sales after GHB1 showed the game has the potential to make money if they support it, and GW's financial reports to investors suggest they have the capitol to support both games, but not the workforce. I only tend to look at those things when there is news (I am not an investor so I don't really care that much) but every single one I've seen mentions how they are trying to hire more and more people so they can increase the rate at which new releases come out.

The plan seems to have worked for 40k at least, where they have been getting new releases about every month. It makes sense to me -- if you want people who already have collections to keep buying things then release new things for them to buy. The primaris marines were really well received despite being an. apparently successful, attempt at getting space marine players to re-buy their army and replace their up to twenty year old collections.

So guys, I've been thinking about this for quite some time now

How do you think would be a General on a Two-Headed Griffon with the following colour scheme:

-Feathers: Black with some grey effects for higtlights on the wings and the heads

-Bird legs and beak: Strong yellow with quite an orange tone, the claws black with 'ardcoat effect

-Feline part: Black too, like a panther, maybe with some grey effect, probably not

-Armour: Silver and Golden, quite heavy with the golden part, possibly a red detail.

-General on the back: Silver plate armour, golden details, turquoise plume for highlight.

General Romanov is ready for the fight!

I agree. I would just like to see more support of this game and now expansion of it's story. Firestorm is great because it gives us that, story of the mortal order cities. I want to see more like that. I want to see more battletomes even if they don't get new models.

I'd love to see new models for one. A lot of factions have no choice but to play slow melee armies in a game dominated by speed and shooting.

gonna be sometime though my LFGS told me their next wave of others comes in a month -_-

Well yeah I'd love to see new models as well. But I just want more battletomes to establish the factions places in the mortal realms if anything

>Go to look at the Legacy Compendiums on a bored whim.
>GW forgot to update Daemons like they did all the other armies, and so still contains all their units/the old Cohort battalions.
>They also forgot to give the Bretonnian Noble Champion a save (as in, he doesn't even hav ea value listed, not just a '-')

The absolute state of GW.

>old Cohort battalions
And it's still available on the app with the point cost too.

>Bretonnians

Too soon

just get a starter set, thunder & blood is cheap and good

The save is just in the wrong layer, it's visible if you inspect the file.

Do it

Also upload pics when done

>being mad that necromancers need to fight in lands with lots of skeletons and dead bodies
Wew

Im working on this.

Nice lizards man. I'm new to AoS and entered into a 'Build your army' comp at the local GW store. Comp is designed to get new players into AoS and learning the system. First month is 800pts, second month is 1400pts and the last month is 2000pts. I'm working on a Blades of Khorne army myself. Heres my Bloodthirster I just finished up. By the time I have 2000pts I'm planning on running the Blood Council warscroll with triple Bloodthirsters. Not aiming for any kind of optimization or anything, I just want a fun list with 3 red scary bois on the tabletop :).

more pics

And no it's not upside down.

last one I swear, magnetized his arms for transport

I like the way you did his eyes, so simple, I may add that to my kitbag if I ever need to do arachnids.

>should I get rid of my ranged units for some skirmishers
Great and you lost your counter to summon spam

>t. Queer Headgiver
If not for Saurus then the skaven would have won far faster than they did

Yes new white dwarf coming
How is miniwargaming these days

Does he finally fugg morthai

Take your outriders; use knightly order bits to give them swords/lances instead.

Proxy as dragon nobles.

Ta-dah

>6 photos
>all phonepostjng
>no whitebackground
Wew

The fuck you're talking about you collosal retard? I meant the outdated and frankly embarassing plastic kits for the saurus units.

Was just 2 paints for the eyes: standard base red plus troll slayer orange for the highlight.

>implying people care about armies that GW is actively and blatantly phasing out . . .

You know you could just convert them from templeguard or sculpt some new ones, as this isn't just a game it's a hobby

I could carve models out from ivory, after all it's a hobby.