Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

"""Resin""" miniatures of depressed Nazi traps eating cakes edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQjJhsa8sxU&list=PLliZQodsai-ic8wXh9zeEnl4jktbdViGu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for true chaos.

Second for Female Space Marines

I want more female models in my Guard army. What models would be good additions? I was thinking of using one of the death cult assassins with the sword as a Commander with the Blade of Conquest.

Nth for this making a comeback as the autism only gets worse in here
the op edition says it all really

Fourth for fuck the orks

Wouldn't it be weird if their uniform didn't fit that of the rest of your guardsmen?

Also people will probably confuse it for a Death Cult Assassin.

xth for inanimate objects can become daemon princes because the gods are fickle.

>Nth for I was asked today why I don't have any black guardsmen in my IG army today down at the shop

This happen to anyone else?

Maybe, but they would have the same colors. And probably not because DCA have to be 2 minimum and you would say "This is a commander". But you're probably right.

DCA are fairly solid. Honestly single squads of Sisters are really good too if you aren't looking to bring Crusaders.

>BDSM girl with million-folded power katana commanding a regiment of army men
ok

>alternative models
If you are using the ogre cadians then don't bother, no good alternative models will fit in with the completely fucked scale of your scrubs.

How does my already optimized list look? Any way I can make it more optimized?

Jokes aside, how does it look? Are 5man scions the way to go, not 10 man? And should I let two of them ride in the Tauroxes? Else it feels kinda silly having them as pure dakka-wagons. I'd like to have Valkyries, instead of Chimeras, and another Primaris Psyker to ride with the Crusaders, but I can't find enough points to get to that point. Suggestions?

Astra Militarum - Battalion Detachment - 2000pts

WARLORD - Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod, Auto Reliquary, Plasma Pistol

Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod

(2 squads) Scion Squad - 5x Scions
-- Tempestor - Plasma Pistol
--- 2x Hotshot Volleyguns

(2 squads) Scion Squad - 5x Scions
-- Tempestor - Plasma Pistol
-- 2x Meltaguns

(2 squads) Scion Command Squad - 4x Scions
-- 4x Plasmaguns

(2x) Taurox Prime
-- 2x Hotshot Volleyguns. Taurox Gatling Cannon

Astra Militarum - Vanguard Detachment

Primaris Psyker - Barrier, Shroud

(2 Squads) Crusader Squad
-- 10x Crusaders

(2x) Ministorum Priest
-- Chainsword, Las-pistol, Autogun

(2x) Gryphonne Pattern Chimera
-- Turret Twin Heavy Bolter, Hull Heavy Bolter

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment

Grandmaster Voldus
-- Hammerhand, Gate of Infinity, Vortex of Doom

Apothecary
-- Warding Stave, Gate of Infinity

Paladin Ancient

Paladin Squad - 3x Paladins with Halberds
-- Paragon - Daemonhammer

Picture is my Inquisitor WIP from a Stormcast Liberator. Anything I can do to make him less Stormcasty? I already plan on filling in the hammer's half-circle bit there to cover the lightning shit up. Anything else?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>Reading rumours in the morning
>Fucking saim Hamm ignores heavy weapons penalties
I know fucking scattbikes aren't what they used to be but I'm still a fucking mountain of salt

no, I play kriegers so no skin to be seen anyway

So I know IG is strong, but how is Militarum Tempestus IG doing? I was looking for something to add a little spice to my GSC/Ad Mech lists. Deep striking Plasma or Meltas would help out both my armies GSC fucking needs those meltas

this is bait

I guess you guys are right. It would probably look better as an Inquisitor who actually can dress like DBSM girls.

Excuse me, Mr. Malal? Your daughter is in the school office and waiting for you to pick her up from school.

Duh

Because worlds in 40k usually have one biome.

Scions are pretty good atm.

No because my IG army is all converted to look like GSC.

Yup, Scions are great suicide drop squads. Go for it.

Those are fake dipshit

A friend asked me to paint his AOS chaos barbarians all black, today he told me to paint the whip guy white with blonde hair

And you have no black cultists why?

god damn it

I'm still here, I just don't shitpost anymore because people started recognizing me in real life by my models. It's kinda hard to not realize you're playing against raptors user when he puts down this monstrosity.

I've been too busy lately with writing an entire pathfinder setting to paint my 40k shit. Much less to shitpost on Veeky Forums. But I lurk every 40kg thread that's ever posted.

They better be the eldar guy in our group is already celebrating

I actually miss shitposting with you my dude. It was awful back then but Veeky Forums continues to amaze me with how it somehow manages to get worse every year.

>Pathfinder
Do you lurk /pfg/ too?

Fucking kekd

what are GSC?

All the black ones become poxwalkers.

Even if this was true (it isn't) scatbikes would still be overcosted garbage. S6 is shit, AP0 is shit, W2 doesn't matter when Guardians are more durable for their points.

Are you willing to go non-GW ?
Because there is a lot of good non-gw models for guards.

I'm posting on it right now. /pfg/ is like my springboard for throwing ideas at the wall and checking to see if they aren't too autistic. I tend to go into great detail on very particular aspects of my setting, usually hoping that I can get some inspiration for new things by the whole "talk it out with a duck" concept.

Try and guess which posts are mine on /pfg/

is that cake or plastic?

Top row is like guaranteed.

Plastic cake.

I would yes, but I play in a GW store and they don't want me doing that. I have 1 female Commissar with 2 power fists that is 3rd party and the manager said he would allow that one, but that he wouldn't approve of more.

how is ree guard is op any different from guard hate?

I'd ask why but I feel like the answer will lead me downa rabbit hole I don't want to fall into.

>Scions are great suicide drop squads
Oh boy they'll fit right in. My whole GSC army feels like they got lessons from The Major
Whats wrong user?

Show us your cultists user

>that
>good
No. It’s too properly scaled as well as pinup like.

Guard hate applies to all aspects of guard, including hating on the batrep guys like rgg and gga

I'll ask, Why?

I was wondering that myself but I guess its the difference between posts like "guard are op" and "guard players are the worst human beings ever they like HFY and when I try to tell them the truth they spaz out at me truly they are the worst of the worst and are the new Tau"

>That model is too attractive and well proportioned to be good

[neckbearding intensifies]

Cheese cake

>Buy Codex
>Buy Army
>Start to read rules
>Realize I am really fucking confused and don't have a clue as to what the fuck is going on
well, fuck

Because they all have blue skin and cuddle-fish heads?
Genestealer Cults.

Resin. Quality is good.

They have both pinup (Naked/Bikini chainmail) and standard version of many models if all you really do is paint tits.

Armageddanon, please deliver us from this faggotry

Confused by what exactly?

Compare a regular Commissar or Cadian to that model. That one will look out of place immediately.

watch some battle reports mate, I was confused as fuck too but it makes a lot more sense seeing it done.

youtube.com/watch?v=QQjJhsa8sxU&list=PLliZQodsai-ic8wXh9zeEnl4jktbdViGu

I also want to point out that I (guy who updated the bingo) play guard
So no hate from me, but the community is toxic

>literally less than 10 pages of rules
>confused
user...

Which army? Do you at least like them? I’ll try and help.

I’m afraid I’m a Chaos player, user. Dunno who you’re talking about, sorry.

casual racism.

no shit, its a chick. wouldnt look odd at all if the chick was smaller than the dudes.

>my face when there is no way to move lesser daemons around quickly since they lost deepstrike.

Summoning isn't quite the same but it's the closest they've got.

Should be fine with Elysians/DKoK

I've got some thoughts/ideas about rewriting/making a new final chapter of love can bloom. Would you guys still be interested in seeing that?

Comissar
more like xmas cake
delicious xmas cake

They do okay with FW regiments.

Question, with summoning points if they kill the summoned u it's can you summon them back?

Does it include qt farm hands?

Survey time

>What army do you play?
>What is your favorite type of army to fight?
>Do you care if women or traps are at your store?
>And finally, what is the progress of your army?

Good OP is back

Just get something from victoria miniatures

No, because Cadian and Commissar proportions are in heroic scale proportions.

True enough, I suppose.

Agreed, though I will admit that I am certainly glad that summoning costs points now, if only because the idea of getting something for nothing bothered me.

Here's one with her in it

Absolute madman

Tau/elysians
Something that is similar power level to my own army, not spam armies
Idc, haven't seen a single female at my store that wasn't there with her boyfriend
Tau are mostly assembled, partially magnetised and painted
Elysians are partly assembled, not even primed and partially magnetised

>Most Imperial and some Chaos but right now I'm focussing on GK and Sisters
>I fucking despise gunlines, anything else is fair game, even deathballs
>fuck off with this weak bait but I don't give a shit, no
>It's a project I will never finish. I don't allow more than 25% of my shit to be unpainted at any given time though

I
Play
Orks

That's whats matter to me, as long as i have fun playing with others

>Characters
>Schola Progenium and not some Hive misfit

Honestly much more important is base and color schemes.

This one ?

>What army do you play?
Space wolves, Deldars, guard, orkz, skitarii and have some Tyranids lying around.
No spam WAAC faggotry
Literally no store in my area
I unpainted them years ago and haven't painted them again, biggest mistake ihave ever made.

No. At least not the that chapter. Maybe the one afterwards

>pauldrons bigger than her head
>tits out

Of course

Death Guard. And yes, they seem cool

I love that booby techpriestess. user what do you look like? Are you a sexy trap?

Alright, what exactly do you need help with? What’s confusing you so far?

Fucking shit all the MT shit is sold out online.
I would if I could, at work right now.
GSC/Ad Mech
Anything that dosnt have Magnus/Morty/Girlyman
No? There's two women regulars at my store, and traps are fine solong as they don't try to push their shit on me
Trying to get some new Militarum Tempestus to help my armies melta tanks to death

This whole battalion detachment thing and command points mainly. Do I have to do this shit? I thought it was 1 HQ and two squads and thats what you needed for an army. At least it was a decade ago or so

Based on the size of his ASL army, it's unlikely

Yes that one. I used her as a Commissar Lord with a Deathmask and fist in 7th. Definitely going to use the model again, but not sure for what. Either a Commissar Lord with power first or maybe Yarrick.

Holy shit i thought naked apron was restricted to manga

>What army do you play?
Glorious SoB

Painted fluffy. Does not have to be weak or not-optimized.

No, unless they try to get different treatment because of it.

Gonna hopefully receive some more repressor before christmas.

Dark Angels, Grey Knights, Mechanicus
I'm fine with most armies but I like facing off against other elite forces
Fuck off
Too slow

>women exist
>aprons exist

What exactly did you envision as the weak link here user?

I don't know user. Steellegionanon showed off part of his house/apartment once. He's living a pretty good life. 50/50 shot of him being a hambeast or a chad

My inability to get women