Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Sisters Look Good In Heaumes edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showforum=190
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you guys decide what project to start if you have several great ideas that are pretty much mutually exclusive?

First for Female Space Marines are Lore Friendly

>Relentless siegemasters of the Astra Militarum
>siegemasters
Look out Krieg, you gonna get stuck with the Fist trait

Whatre you guys working on?

Working out a test model for Sons of the Phoenix

Broadside assembly
On that note, only 3 Tau septs in the codex then?
T'au, Vior and Sacea

>not even first
Pffft
Also hecking stop baiting user

There's the normal oranges ones, the white ones, the blue ones, the red ones, the green ones. Five schemes I see often at least

Nurgle Palanquin. Got this old, beaten up Vampire Counts cart for free from someone at my LGS and I've been working on converting it into my Lord's ride. I've been considering replacing the pyre with a bell and ripping out the cushion backing thing, but I haven't decided yet.

I also forgot how huge death guard models are, they barely fit on it.

Friendly reminder; defeat shitposters by not replying to them

Lets have another productive discussion thread

That's a pretty fukken sweet test model user

So what the fuck do I do with my chaos chosen from dark vengence now that their loadout isnt legal?

Name my new band Veeky Forums!

>tfw painting 24 gun drones
I'm not even going to cheese. It's like 2 for every unit that can have them

can a flyer take and objective?

Slabmaul

Tau viorla sacea enclaves respectively and one other

The 3 I listed were the 3 in the BRB and so far codex groups mirror BRB lore

its still legal

There'll also be the Farsight spheres.

Can there even be Enclaves subgroups?
Enclaves weren't even mentioned in the BRB

I half ass drones so much

Yes.

tonk

Yeah they aren't going to get pretty. Just aiming for tabletop quality here.

There's three different FAQs for 8th now. The Designer's Commentary, Stepping Into a New Edition, and the 1.1 Update.
Are they all still current?

No. One of these errata's it.

Sweet, is that from the old corpse cart kit? I could use that for my DE to pimp out my venoms/raiders.

>siegemasters
>fists
bwahahaha
fists don't do anything except sit on their purty walls and wait for a good old iron warrior to blom them the fuck off

They are as none contradict the others but the 1.1 and your index/
Codex specific are the only ones you need. The others are basically "if you're a mouth breathing retard here are some self evident rulings."

How did you do that gold user.

Yup. This is what it looked like before I started chopping it up. The guy I got it from had converted it to be horse-drawn.

What's a cheap melee army?
Excluding marines

By trying to commit to any of it. If you pussy out, then it means it was shit

Those are the three given the caption treatment in the 8th Rulebook. The Index presents us with Farsight Enclaves as a replacement, but whether that'll be in the T'au codex or a supplement like previous editions is unknown. They may give us a Damocles sept, too, like Muguloth or Perfectia. And there's that missing expansion fleet.

The IAX index lists Kel'shan and Day'leth. Fires of Cyraxus will probably give us Kel'shan, and maybe even T'ros. If Day'leth isn't in the codex, it'll be in FoC.

IG codex had Scions instead of DKOK. Nids Codex in November will be worth watching, since it didn't really give hive fleets much of a treatment.

Tank for my new space marine army. It's a custom chapter. I don't know what I'll call them yet.

Does anybody have pictures of primaris next to rhinos or land raiders?

Knight Owls.

It's my oc donut steel chapter that I'll never work on so do it for me

Nice weathering, how did you do it?

>Eldar
>Tyranids

So what's the next codex? Necrons?

Hope so, It's not like they need new models.

It's rhinox hide and abbadon black applied with a sponge. Then I use a brush to paint in leadbeltcher into the heavier areas. And then some brushed on scratches.

Gonna give somebody some plaguehorses? If anyone can get away with having an organic realspace steed in the grim darkness of the far future it's Nurglites.

Christmas is a religious time, so SoB in december.

I have no idea how I'd do it but I'd love to carve out a slot for it in a raider to use as a little slave compartment.

It'd be dumb if Enclaves book had to be bought separately.
Maybe scions will be to IG what Enclaves will to tau

rate list pls
all dreads/daemon engines push up with deredeo giving its invuln to the brute and infantry characters nearby, cutlists screen with dark apostle keeping morale in check, warpsmith repairs the dreads
rhino takes the csm+chaos lord to move up quickly
what legion should I use?
what is the best loadout for csm?

Atlas

rate list pls
all dreads/daemon engines push up with deredeo giving its invuln to the brute and infantry characters nearby, cutlists screen with dark apostle keeping morale in check, warpsmith repairs the dreads
rhino takes the csm+chaos lord to move up quickly
what legion should I use?
what is the best loadout for csm?

If this image is true (and it seems to be so far), I'm going to be so fucking mad.

Why the fuck are you harrassing some dude with brutes. Chill bro.

It looks good, thanks

Steel Paragons
Dusk Riders
Lords of Twilight
Hallowed Thousand
Twilit Kings

Whats your FLGS tg?

I've been thinking about it, but I have no idea who'd be riding them! My sorcerers and lords are a bit too big for them.

GW Sydney

Nurglings. The answer is always Nurglings

I don't have one, I've a FGS, but an hour by car is hardly local.

Warhammer World

Bikers?

I can't find one in my area thag has more than 2 or 3 people who play regularlu and isnt an hour away. I just model and paint for now.

I didn't mean to, accidentally linked him

that's what my dad said five years ago when he went to get cigarettes

>accidentally
>twice

A miserable pile of weenies.

Bunch of assholes who run a community league, which is the only way to get games. Every month, they get together and "discuss" balance problems in the league, which is to say, they whine about something that beat them that month and vote to have it banned or stupid home rules added to it "to make it fair".

They haven't outright banned a faction yet, but I think they're going to ban guard at this latest meeting.

The justification is to stop anti-fun competition. It has taught me this: if anyone tells you that they are looking for a low competition game, or a fluffy game, they aren't. Those are code-words for "I am looking for a game where I know my opponent will bring a worse army than me, helping me to win. There's a term in this thread: Waacfag. The worst waacfags are always the ones who use the term waacfag seriously, because they're the most dishonest but intense in their goals. My store is full of them. One month in 7th edition, heldrakes were banned until the chaos players united and complained loud enough.

>sydney
town hall?
do they allow fw?

True! I'm gonna have a lot of nurglings left over from building the base of the palanquin.

The wound from losing bikers in our codex is still fresh, user.

Mind Games Melbourne.

Is there a time line for other codexes?
Most importantly Necrons?

GW stores are required to allow Forge World, user.

And yet I've heard stories...

I'm not so sure, but that would only matter if GW had a gestapo, capable of knowing if a store banned FW in tournies. And it isn't like a store can stop people from declining games against FW models.

You could just call them up and report it.

GW probably has one.

hahahahahahaha
not in AUS
called up gw AUS and they said it's at manager's discretion if they ban shit, fucking hypocrite manager displays FW and apparently it was banned because levi dreads are op (this ban began during 7th, when there were wraithknight and riptide spammers in store)
fuck the cunt who banned it at my closest gw, I go to hurstville now, manager is based down there

Used to go to some 3rd party LGS to play 40k but barely anyone ever showed up. First few times there was a decent amount of people playing but eventually it just turned into me and this Necron player playing against eachother every week until he just stopped showing up. Only other place to really play isnt within walking distance so for now all I do is model and paint

Why are Necrons most important?

If anything, the fact that Fires is still delayed means that the Tau codex is the most important just to finally free up all those 30k models for 40k use.

Go be bitter somewhere else.

great painting but god those bolters looks so oversized and silly

I use the term WAACfag seriously and for the last 4 editions my army consisted of 40 Tactical Marines and 20 Devastators because Imperial Fists.

Necrons are in a bad place rules wise.

That's fucked up.

Leviathan dreadnoughts are pretty powerful, but they are required to deal with conscript spamming fag lords. Banning them is a bad idea.

A decent enough place. We can only reliably get two games going at a and any time there is a MTG event we're SOL for being able to play but the owner has gone out of his way to start stocking paints and more 40k stuff ever since we started playing there and started to attract more people for 40k.

Just been getting back into 40K after a few years off. Know of any good gaming communties in Sydney? Don't wanna play competitive, just casual play. Have some 3rd party bits but nothing too crazy

>Why are Necrons most important?

not sure if serious.... Anyway. Necrons are fucked right now. Before they were down the bottom with Admech, Deathwatch and craftworld. Now it will just be Deathwatch and Necrons getting their assistance handed to them, game after game.

wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showforum=190

NSW clubs forum

No, you can't. You can't report individual players user.

>being this thick
He's talking about reporting the store you fucking tard.

Why does everyone shit on Admech? I can't stop winning with them.

What stops people from forming their own league without the shitty rules?

It doesn't matter what your army consists of, it matters what you expect your opponent's army to consist of.

My experience in super weenie hut jrs has taught me that people using the term waacfag to police other people's lists are just trying win at any cost themselves. They just get their opponent to pay the cost of changing their army.

Are you spamming dakka bots?

What good would that do though? It's the individual players declining your games for having FW in them.

They aren't bad. The whiny lot are the 'warconvo was my idea of strategy' lot

>Why does everyone shit on Admech?

Nothing wrong with them now. They are OK since they got their Codex. The important thing is that you like them.

they were banned during 7th
not during 8th
during fucking 7th edition
the edition where a wraithknight cost less while being infinitely better
the edition where most of the time fw units could not be added to formations
the edition where you could take three riptides as a formation because fuck logic and fuck balance
apparently AV13 all round and melta immunity was op, the guy brought 3 to every 2k point game and apparently people struggles to beat him, despite the fact that 2 guys in store own a total of 10 wriathknights and one guy had a tau'nar, that somehow no one complained about during 7th
fuck me I'm still salty
also I remember there was some user a couple of months ago who was going to go check if FW was allowed in Miranda GW Sydney, if you're here user can you tell me your result?
I play in hurstville gw
place is tighter than a loli pussy (1 6x4 table or 2 4x4 tables and the store is literally 3 metres by 8 metres but people there are nice and manager allows fw and 3rd party bits as long as more than 80% of the model is gw/fw, no 3rd party models btw, just 3rd party bits.
scene is pretty chill, not too many waacfags, I always ask if you want a casual/serious game and if fw is alright, though a couple of times people list tailor against me when I say I'm running a flyer which is really fucking rude and I lost both games that way

The conversation was about stores banning FW.

Bork'an Best'an.

Read the comment chain you idiot, he's talking about stores banning Forge World, not individual players.

people who feel otherwise and are willing to say so are in extreme minority. Also there's a culture here: if you disagree with their policy you get labeled a poor sport and shamed.

Games Workshop Exeter. It's the place that I've bitched about being really against people converting things in ways that are anything more complicated than "model you bought off them, plus bitz that don't change the rules".

Manager is a nice enough guy, but his son is a dick to play against or play with. "Hey, maybe pop +BS canticle with Cawl" in 2v2 Admech vs. Nids was apparently backseat gaming worth shit talking me behind my back later according to a friend. He's generally really nice if you let him stomp your army with Guilliman and Levi Dreads, though. Fuck that guy.

Also flooded with kids because city centre and always dedicates one board to new releases, one to Sigmar and one to newbies games, which means occasionally there's 15 people all standing there waiting for a 2.5k vs. 2.5k on a 4x4 to finish.

There's some chill people there I enjoy talking to, but I'm still looking forward to moving away.

No, the comment was asking whether FW was allowed in the store. Usually with FW "bans", it's just the community acting on its own.

They play 40k there ?