Vermintide 2 reveal

Since the game was like a bit around here, thought I'd share what I've just seen.

youtu.be/AovSuioMM2w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QdybGpUBg_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Interesting. I like that each character can have multiple classes now.

>you attack 20 times and the enemy only attacks once
hmmmm

>Developers say that it's set in the End Times and will include End Times units like the Stormfiends and more

RUINED FOREVER.

>The Keep
>a safe haven during the Storm of Chaos
>yfw you actually fucked the Skaven so bad, you retconned the end of the world and phased into a better timeline
hope is rekindled

It was always set during the End Times.

It seems like it's a divergent End Times, though.

>RUINED FOREVER.
The first title was called warhammer end times vermintide for crying out loud.

Not very excited by what i saw so far.
The damage model worked for the skaven but stabbing a human 10 times to kill him with his body showing no ill effects of the said stabbings until the 10th one is not pleasing visually.

If they had put orks it wouldnt look out of place but with humans it looks comical.

Also why are we using the same characters? even left 4 dead 2 had new chars. If the original 5 made cameo in the game it would have been fine but i was expecting new characters.

While not expensive it looks like the team behind the vermintide was not expecting it to be that popular and decided to make a sequel on spot with resources they already had.

This could have been an expansion pack and not a new game.

I'm excited.

Northmen are just pure muscle, sinew, and mutation.

>this could have been an expansion pack and not a new game

Sadly user I think a lot of publishers have stopped caring to make that distinction.

>tfw you realize it was really just Cousin Okri doing all the work in the background.

I would at the very least expect blood drops on the spot i cut/stabbed etc.

When they get stabbed they cry auuugh and carry on.

It would have been really exciting if you could have cut limbs and put permanent damage on the bodies.
For example if you aim your swing right you can
cut his head but if you fail you can put a giant , bleeding gash at his shoulder.

I am not against the fact that it takes 10 stabs to kill them, i am against the so obvious hp system in the year of our lord 2000+17

To be fair it is decently priced, i give them taht. But with the lack of content i may only buy it on sale at dirt price and skim through the campaing.

It is pre-alpha footage after all. Small devs tend to actually make loads of changes between pre-alpha and releases product.

But yeah, I hope we'll see more effect on the bodies.

SIGMAR

that chopping off limbs is probably going to be in the game with certain chao guys like the khorne guy who have swords for arms and nurgle types

/v/ermin get out

>No new playable characters
>Chaos warriors instead of orks

Well, shit.

Three careers per character is nice though, and chaos is still better than yet another zombie game.

>More Saltzpyre
Already 10/10

>no Sylvania adventure fighting ZOMBIES, SKELLIES, WIGHTS, GHOULS, CRYPT HORRORS, VARGULF
>no ORC WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH besieging a dwarf hold or a town in the border princes or the empire or estalia or tilea or bretonnia - basically the same as the past game but NEW and DIFFERENT with NEW CHARACTERS

>no Questing Knight game with all of Bretonnia and Athel Loren to explore

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

That would work better as a single player RPG.

Well, yes. But I want it.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't use Gotrek & Felix stuff for this game.

>Felix
>Gotrek
>Max
>Ulrika

What you do in these games is basically what these guys do in every one of their appearances - chop through waves and waves of the enemy of the week.

they're also nurgle norscans which means they're double tough

You never played this game.

Slave where one hit kill.
Clanrats were 1-3 depending on weapon.
Stormvermin could take a beating if you did only ligh attacks and no headshots.
This game is like 30$, and no micro...cy more fag.
Play before shitpost.

V1 was hell of a fun, V2 is worth buing just for spear elf.

I wasn't looking forward to this game, but that million hits to kill one dude shit just killed my almost non-existant hype deader than a doornail.

The Elf is Three different careers, a Way watcher, a Shade and an unknown, probly a shadow warrior.

I prefer old characters with new Careers.
The VAs are brilliant, and I'd be petrified of them being replaced, or worse, having a Payday 2 clusterfuck of characters that never get new lines.

I'm hoping the third career is a motherfucker Swordmaster.

Waywatcher for full stealth+ranged, Shade for more CC capable but with stealth and ranged, Swordmaster for fuck it I'm close range DPS nigga.

True that does match up with the three variants we've seen with the Dwarf, who has Ranger for range, Ironbreaker for tank, and Slayer for pure DPS

>but stabbing a human 10 times to kill him

well it's with a spear, those are weaker than swords or axes.

Also, that human is confirmed to be a nurgle worshipper. So who knows what minor blessings they have...

And just like that any hype I had for this game died.
I can't say I'm interested in the adventures of three humans all from the same place, featuring elftits and dwarf

>implying the vermintide characters aren't great

Really? Cause all I see is a trio of humans from the most mundane place in the setting, plus an obligatory elf and dwarf to remind people this is fantasy

You need to be more vague before we accept your opinion, say even less in your next post

>Wardancer
>watching half-naked, warpaint covered she-elf cutting swath through vermin and chaos scum

lumberfoot please

>It's a different race = more interesting character episode
I hate repeats of shit tv.

>Sergeant, you're staring

>well it's with a spear, those are weaker than swords or axes
> those are weaker than swords or axes
>weaker than swords or axes
hmmmmmm

She looks Asian as fuck

Ok, I'll say it differently then.
I don't play empire
I don't play dwarves
I don't play elves
I don't play chaos
I don't play skaven
What should interest me about this game?

I want the Skaven to eat the chaos worshipers

Good.

So you came into something you knew you wouldn't like for clear reasons, tried shitstirring and pretending to be open to conversation despite knowing your mind won't be changed, and only revealed that fact when pressed?

With all that in mind, I'm glad you'll be nowhere near it. If anything, I'd ask for things you'd like to see just so I can deny their existence should they be likely to appear in game.

Estalia, Border Princes etc are already gone at that point. And the undead in Slyvania are your friends. Have you not read your End Times lore?

I don't know. Maybe I was hoping that they'd do what happened in L4D2 and use a new cast. It's not like the empire has two neighboring countries that people find interesting and there are also other races to choose from that would feasibly be fighting against the skaven.

What do you play?

Orcs and goblins, ogres, and I like brettonnia and kislev

>No lizardmen endless horde mode

Why would you be fighting AGAINST lizardmen?

>Agaisnt
user...

Ah. I guess I interpreted the sentence wrongly then

10/10

Wait, so you don't like the game and want people to tell you why you should like the game?

Just eat your bag of dicks.

I'm not going to get too hopeful about Chaos v Skaven. As awesome as that would be I'm not sure if their system could handle it.

So you watched the video hoping for a yolo edgecase and then bitched when they didn't cater to your oddly specific needs? Go cry some more.

Definitely looks pre-alpha as fuck but I am hopeful.

Chaos Warriors definitely attack way too slow for my tastes. I hope that is the result of lower difficulty / pre-alpha. Personally I'm loving the idea that they aren't marching like Stormvermin jackasses and are more scrounging the battlefield for loot or dudes to fight. I could also see them just having packs of marauders following them. I do like how they seem much more sturdy and damaging than Stormvermin. Also the inclusion of shields is a nice touch, fingers crossed for shitty rat shields.

The guy on the controls was fucking up, that human was armoured like the stormvermin in the original. They needed to charge attack or headshot but were just stabbing away at the body instead

What's edgy about wanting a bretonnian or some other human not from the empire

Any ideas on the soldiers classes?

Greatsword/pikeman, sword and board, musketeer

>edgy

...you have no idea what an edgecase is, do you?

Well we have the knight class who we also know the passive and active of, there is probably a captain class which is him in V1.

As for third i want some sort of ranged Kruber option.

>ywn play as a Skink

Thinking about preordering, you also get the death on the reik dlc that would've been about 6-7 bucks with the 25 buck preorder. Loving the first game, cataclysm is assholepuckering. Axes best weapon, I like having -1 rat every time I swing.

On a similar topic, anyone played the Mordheim video game? How is it?
Wanted to apply to the Veeky Forums mordheim campaign with a dwarven band but pussied out due to inexperience and learning that dwarves are pure shit in mordheim.

I did not, but let me ask you, how would having a bretonnian or kislevite be an edgecase?

If you played the original game and kind of knew what was going on it is clear the guy was intentionally showing some tidbits of changes in the gameplay video with weapon charged attacks and swings and showing new particle graphics on when the armored dudes had their attacks bounce off. The video was not meant to show optimal play.

>all his lines are just screaming SOOOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

They aren't nearly as well known or popular as Empire.

>even left 4 dead 2 had new chars

L4D2 characters had no statistical difference in playstyle compared to L4D1 characters so I don't know why you even bring this up. All the characters in Vermintide play vastly differently to each other and have different weapon loadouts specific to their classes. If you were to change the characters you would have to drastically overhaul other aspects. By just expanding upon and improving the original characters with different careers you get new different things but at the same time you can work with what you've used before in terms of mechanics.

Looks like absolute shit just like Left 4 Rats was. Fuck Fatshark. Fuck Vermintide.

Dude, people don't know kislev exists. Just let it go.

Exactly, people looking at the game on the surface don't seem to get that point, like how Kerillian has more dashes and hers recharge quicker compared to others, or Sienna with her overheating.

Nah, people who do look at the game on the surface do get it. It has a lot of very big visual distinctions between characters without getting into the nitty gritty. There is just one fag in the thread who wants to throw a bitchfit.

What does that have to do with a garbage game?

Dude, let it go. It's a cool country but the budget just isn't there to add it in.

Coulda made the wizard kislevite from day one if it was a guy. Since men are forbidden from using magic there under penalty of death, most nobles send their sons who have the aptitude to altdorf to be trained there

I got a virus try to upload when i clicked on that link. It was called clear clicking.

youtube.com/watch?v=QdybGpUBg_c

>tfw you'll never play Nakai the Wanderer during the first war against chaos and the battle of Itza, killing demons by the hundred

End times is in name only, not even on the title like the last game dipshit. Nobody gives a fuck about end times and game makers ignore it as much as possible around fantasy IP

Fun if you like the teams available. Not fun if you want your favorite warband. Personally played mid to late tier vamps warband. Had a blast, haven't tried the others because I'm not the biggest fan of em.

The Mordheim game gets hard, very quickly on campaign. And you need to use tactics, and not mind your people being taken out. But it nails the aesthetic.

Sienna's from Estalia, yo.

It was literally the plot of the first game you numpty - a fairly large city central to the empire was nearly GONE and you were doing shit to help the survivors handle the vermintide and escape. Other places had fallen harder and sooner.

And the aesthetic relies on it - you have to be wandering alone through a deserted city or forests, taking anything left behind out of neccesity, just a team of four vs. ALL the rats, the end not being *nigh* but already here and you were all fighting to make sure you survived one more day.

Dude, let it go

Close enough.

Fuck the End Times and everything about it. If we can somehow meme a retcon into existence, even if just through some Fatshark game, it will be worth it.

DO NOT GIVE UP

In Fantasy 90% of Chaos Warriors are regular dudes and at most burly vikings or elite fighters but with nothing special tacked on. They still feel pain and are vulnerable to injuries and fear.

>the Vermintide is repelled
>Skaven retreat to their sub-city dwellings
>Imperial be like: Fuckin Beastmen, right?

You know Sienna isn't Imperial, don't you? She's Estalian, and studied magic in Altdorf just like you're suggesting.

Wait, you're just bitching and don't actually know anything about the subject matter.

It's an armored opponent. Did you play the first one? If you don't hit the head you can hit them a thousand times and they won't die. Unless you have an armor piercing weapon, which the spear is likely not.

Pros
>Careers look fun
>New enemies
>Same cast
>Loot system will hopefully be better
>Melee strikes look like they have more weight to them

Cons
>Only Chaos added
>Certain career options kind of change the whole character (Slayer Bardin, Shade Kerillian, could this mean Sienna will end up with different magic schools as career options? One one hand it's weird, on the other it'll only be a problem if the VO doesn't reflect the changes)
>No new characters
>The amount of hits basic chaos marauders can take looks weird
>UI takes up a lot of space
>No 5 player co-op
>It's still End Times

So far all of the pros are stuff I wish was in VT1 and most of the cons are nit picks. Best case scenario we get an additional character or two as DLC or something.

Orcs are on the good side this time. Still it sucks there are no new classes
>No tromping around as Black Orc, killing Rattiez wif da Stunties
>No shooting Chaos Knights with cannons as Ogre leadbelcher
>No DEUS VULT-ing for the Lady as a Grail Knight

Still on the plus side there seems to be some metaphysical hoo-ha with characters playing for different factions because of reality warping bubbles floating around. Maybe, just maybe this can be a version of the End Times that doesn't have a shitty ending?

> could this mean Sienna will end up with different magic schools as career options?
I don't think it changes weapons/equipment, just health and what abilities you have in addition to cosmetic design. I swear I saw Slayer Bardin use guns, for example.

I think these are supposed to be hypothetical alt-versions of each character, anyway:
> Pondering upon the events transpiring during the Ubersreik campaign, and in the world at large, Bardin decides to don the heavy armour of the Ironbreaker again.
> Bardin has been carrying a heavy burden in his heart, and after joining the band of heroes who saved Ubersreik, he finally allowed himself some time for brooding and introspection. A life changing, or rather life ending, decision was made. Bardin became a Slayer, a warrior that seeks nothing but an honorable and glorious death that shall expunge the shame.

If I remember right the different classes are what if type situations. Kind of hoping Kruber gets something like a grail knight.

No chance, he's an imperial, not of Noble Bretonnian blood. He did however look like one of his subclasses was knight of the white wolf.

I mean something like "definitely not a grail knight" but maybe they'll add one later. Not the best option but still better than not getting one. Glad to see no one wants vs in this thread though.

No, our wizard does FIRE magic, thank you very much.
Just stop fucking replying. His army of elf-worshippers got squatted; leave him be.