I was wrong, Photogrid guy was right Edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/18/craftworld-focus-biel-tangw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread

First for outflanking Ogryn.

FIRST FOR FENRIS

So, I am considering getting maybe 500 points of Black Templar as a small, fluffy side list. However, until this point, I have played nothing but necrons, and having all of these options available is a little daunting. What exactly should I prioritize in such a small point value? Jump packs? Transports? Grimaldus and Helbrecht footslogging?

>named characters at 500pts

>I DESERVE to get blown out by literal cheaters because I'm the only one trying to play by the rules
WOW

How?

how good/bad are poxwalkers exactly
i have 15 in my 1500 pts list but i don't know if i should replace them with a surgeon and two power fists for my plague marine champions

I mean, works with Szeras. I figure marines might be able to do the same thing.

If you meekly paddle around the shallow end of the game pool where the friendless and the club rejects congeal then that's who you're gonna face.

R8 my imperial soup recipe. Going for an Inquisitorial Feel, of course. Think the Grey Knights are unnecessary? Too little Seraphim? Should I go with Repressors instead of Immolators?

Astra Militarum - Battalion Detachment - 2000pts

WARLORD - Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod, Auto Reliquary

Tempestus Prime
-- Command Rod

(3 squads) Scion Squad - 5x Scions
-- Tempestor - Plasma Pistol
-- 2x Plasmaguns

(2 squads) Scion Command Squad - 4x Scions
-- 4x Plasmaguns

Sisters Outrider Detachment

Celestine
-- 2x Geminae

(2x) Seraphim
-- 3x Bolt Pistol Sisters
-- 2x Hand Flamer Sisters

(2x) Dominion Squad
-- 4x Meltaguns
-- Superior with Combi-Melta

(2x) Immolator
-- Immolation Flamer

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment

Grandmaster Voldus
-- Hammerhand, Gate of Infinity, Vortex of Doom

Apothecary
-- Warding Stave, Gate of Infinity

Paladin Ancient

Paladin Squad
-- Paragon with Daemonhammer
-- 2x Falchions, Hammerhand

I want to take a Redemptor Dreadnought with my Deathwatch.

Is the most versatile loadout considered to be the Macro Plasma, Storm Bolters, and Fist with Onslaught Gatling? I want something that can eat tank and TEQ alike while still being viable at big unit breakdown.

Surgeon is terribad. Poxwalkers are usable only by pouring an unviable amount of resources into them or using 60+. Even then, not that good; get some plague bearers for survivable chaff or cultists for numbers.

hm i will have to look into plaguebearers for summoning then as everything in my army has disgustingly resilient and i wanna keep it that way

Holy fuck the Craftworld rules are underwhelming so far, except for maybe Iyanden. And that's a huge fucking maybe.

Don't they make you lose your Legion trait though?

>tfw we waited this long for chaos to get some type of an Apothecary and the plague surgeon is awful

Where do you get large numbers of cheap cultists? And don't say ebay, they were cheap as fuck when DV was in production but they're fuckoff expensive now.

well he has his uses bit rerolling ones for resilient is only good if you stack everything in your army on top of him and then it still hard for him to justify his 65 pts
but i don't know if he still isn't better than poxwalkers
you only use your legion trait if you don't summon them you can put points aside for summoning and keep your legion trait

For GW store slaves: craigslist, local trading communities, facebook sales groups.

You need to learn to stop playing the game and start playing your opponent

Where do I get chinese knockoffs?

MOAR -1 TO HIT! MOAR!

By the time we reach the Ork Codex we'll need special doctrines just to negate this doctrine lest the Orks be forced to operate at 50% efficiency at all times!

I know I'm late to the party, but is it just me or are Tau absolutely terrible in Shadow War Armageddon?

We don't get any options or toys, we have to pay extra just to catch up to the range/BS the other factions start with, and we have no room for advancement or late game tech.

Throwing cheap bodies at the enemy isn't very Tau, except our bodies also aren't cheap.

Wait why do demons from your codex make you lose your legion trait? What did I miss?

Why is photogrid guy right?

Eww girls

They dont have the keyword, you can summon them and not lose your trait which is why they are in the codex but having them in the same detachment means you lose your legion bonus.

Bless you my child

If I have a -1 to hit penalty, why do I die when I overchage plasma and roll a 1-1=0?

Every FLGS should keep a copy of this on the shelf

but only if you have them in your army from the start
summoned units aren't part of a detachment so if you summon them you keep your trait

explains the bi polar eldar behaviour lel

imma just leave this here

I don't mind third party as long as they don't look like shit.

WE WUZ

orks are racist

Oh no a black space marine. Not like thats never happened before.

Thank you user for repeating the same thing that post said, it was very helpful.

SCION PARTS MAKE BAD PRIESTS
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TEACH YOU THIS LESSON OLDMAN

How many command points do you usually have at 2000? I'm kinda curious what the norm is.

Personally I tend to have about 5 or 6.

ASTARTES N'SHEET

that's a combat wizard you pleb

Shitty rules, as always.
Having hope in 8th was a mistake.

You realize all marines, except RG and Salamanders, can have a black skin if the world has enough radiation, right?.

you're welcome

Dafuq is this

Meme

A Biel-tan Autarch I believe.

wut? no I was just promoting the new comic

>Not wearing sunglasses
0/10 not enough 80s!

Why is the IG Codex so much better than all the others? The CWE traits are boring as shit. Copy pasted garbage yet again.

>Tfw Biel-Tan gets nothing related to aspect warriors
Goddamn it.

Anyone know a good place to get commissar hats for minis? I'm grabbing the Scion SC! box to spice up my GSC/Ad Mech armies and it comes with a commissar. I use these heads for my more human dudes and want to use it for the commissar but he NEEDS that hat.

Mad Robot, or Vic Lamb has peaked caps that come with some of their headsets.

They destroyed your craftworld so that all the fair weather fans would leave, you're not getting good rules now user.

Here come the skimmer, open wide!

so the exact opposite of every story the Avatar has ever been in?

They're being rebuilt!
Oh, that's actually quite neat. I love using a heap of Scorpions and Banshees, so this is pretty alright.

+1Ld is only for Aspect Warriors. It's useless shit, can't even get it onto a psyker for Mind War, but it's there.

>Guard: Lovingly crafted, fluffy and powerful doctrines that make every regiment a viable and different options, with bonus orders to further emphasize their strategic diversity
>Everyone else: LMAO HAVE SOME -1 TO HIT AT 12" AND A BUNCH OF USELESS SHIT NO ONE WILL TAKE

14-16 depending on if I bring Creed

>"I sure hope nothing sneaks up on me, for I have given up all hopes of peripheral vision"

Like, I know I was busted as fuck last edition, but they couldn't give me the guard treatment? I just want my cool aspect warrior list.

>They're being rebuilt!
I never bothered to read the new fluff I was so disgusted.

Lazy as fuck art that.

Honestly user, same here. I prefer to imagine the game is still stuck in 5th Ed fluffwise. Back when there was actual weight to people dying, and primarchs weren't everywhere.

Imperial Fists are blond.

Is a XV88 suit with a heavy rail rifle and SMS really 163 points a model? The fuck?

Discussion point: Will GW ever update sculpts on classic models and units? What are the chances that whole lines/factions will be re-released in plastic, rather than just stapling new factions over the top?

I ask this, as I've been trawling around the GW site for the last few days looking to start a new army - one of the classic GW forces like Eldar or Orks, and I noticed that even though these are integral to the game, half of the models aren't in production, or website only and still in resin. Squat, undetailed, low quality expensive resin kits in a different scale to the newer lines, and they're supposed to be main factions!

Do they have just the hat? I don't need heads, I got plenty of those in my bits box, I want the hat so I can make my Commissar look genestealer as fuck.

nice

good taste user

Worry not user, next saturday you can get some more of those classic models you know and love! Made to order, just for you!

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Why update models that sell already, that people are willing to buy, no matter the age? I play Eldar and Orks. On Orks, we're unfortunate in that anything we don't like, we'll convert, so there's little incentive to update.

I specialize in hunting Ork Komman-

new sculpt are marines only

So what army does everyone hate playing against the most? Is there an army you tend to have the most fun playing against, for whatever reason? Still trying to narrow down what army I want to play and figure that's a pretty good way to hopefully eliminate one or two.

Hows that Warboss Model treating you?

>implying Veeky Forums actually plays the game

The Metal Techpriest model has aged rather well in my opinion.

>5 or 6
How do you function???

Good work on the filename.

tau orks

Every Tau battlesuit outside the Commanders is overcosted, from "mildly" (XV25) to "retardedly" (XV104).

Whatever hard counters Guard because it's proven that only our Guardbros actually play the game.

'Nids. Have three players that come in each week.

We are getting to a point though where GW are going to have to do something with their older stuff. Something like 60% of their models are ancient and probably don't sell anyway.

Example - Slaanesh daemons - important in the fluff, basically nothing you can actually buy in a shop.

They can Primaris shit all they want and make "Faction supermanz 2.0", but people want classic Imperium, Chaos, Eldar, Orks etc to be the focus

Underappreciated post

>tfw Ynnari Vanguard detachment with air wing detachment.
How do I function indeed.
Do Ynnari even have anyways to get more CP?

Haven't played a single game yet, but for some reason that was going to be my guess. I really should take Tau off the short list. Normally, that's my play style, but it just seems very boring in a game like this. It's a real shame I'm not a fan of the ork aesthetic.

>Example - Slaanesh daemons - important in the fluff, basically nothing you can actually buy in a shop.

This is literally the worst example you could come up with Juan Diaz daemonettes are top tier despite being the older sculpt. The newer ones are shite.

looks like I need to drop 40k for good, this has gone too far

You will be disappointed in the redemptor. I have mine kitted out the same way you said except fragstorms instead of stormbolters

D6 shots is shitty, especially when he hits on a 4+ if he moves. He's big as fuck so los blocking can be a bitch and cover is hard for him to find. He's also a huge fire magnet and with no invuln prepare to make alot of 6+ lascannon saves

8th edition should have made blast weapons 3+d3 shots to keep them from being so damn swingy

>be me
>find some dudes in FLGS who play 40k quite regular
>500 points casual gaming group
>mfw I play AdMech and only have their SC! box
Tell me doc, how hard will I get rekt regularly?
any advice how to build my list?

Pretty sure that's just an elf "man".

AoS is a good source.

>tfw dont like painting.

>>/out/